777 S. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chinamoto777.com/
- Phone: 2158759777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Chinamoto777
Chinamoto combines a high-energy atmosphere with a fusion of cultural delicacies and a unique sushi bar selection. Chinamoto's colorful and eclectic interior design is representative of the variety of cultural dishes found on the menu. At the heart of the restaurant you will find Chinamoto's seasoned chefs preparing fresh sushi creations. We welcome you to come relax and enjoy our world cuisine. Welcome to Chinamoto!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chinamoto777 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food when it finally arrivesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2013Not our first time at this establishment. One thing I can say is that they are consistent. Consistently great food brought consistently slowly to the table. Not a problem if you're not ravishing or on your way to a show. Food is worth the wait. I had masanman curry which was cooked perfectly after excellent shrimp tempura roll appetizer. We also had the chicken satay appetizer which was good but not what I'm accustomed to for this dish. My fiancee gets their chicken pad thai every time we come here and she enjoyed it this time as well. The decor is modern, pleasing, and well thought out. The valet parking is free save the customary tip. We will be back again for sure......but for movie and a dinner, not dinner and a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good ExperienceSouthPhillyPTVIPDined on 12/3/2013This was our second time to dine in this establishment. The portions remained below average and the food and service were good. Overall, nothing special.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner...we hadlobster101VIPDined on 10/21/2013Delicious dinner...we had beef with crunchy string beans and we also had sushi which was very good. Great service and a huge menu...they also deliver...Special Features:
- OKNeekaDined on 10/18/2013The restaurant was fine. It was a very nice place but I was so surprised to find that it was not busy at all on a Friday night. I enjoyed the salmon skin roll and the chocolate cheesecake. However, the seafood udon noodle soup was just average and had imitation crab meat which was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not specialPhilguestVIPDined on 9/28/2013Our food was ... fine. Nothing outstanding, and a few minor issues (too much skin left on the cucumbers in the sushi roll, etc.) detracted, esp. given the relatively high prices. The decor is cool-mod, the outdoor tables are nice. Service was VERY slow and uneven. I'm pretty sure our waiter was handling twice as many tables as he really should've been. I wouldn't tell people to stay away, but I certainly wouldn't recommend going out of your way to eat here.Special Features:
- WE had rolls, tuna ceviche,lobster101VIPDined on 9/20/2013WE had rolls, tuna ceviche, pad thai, beef with crunchy string beans, shrimp with eggplant, appetizers that I can't remember and everything was absolutely delicious. Our waiter explained all the dishes and did a fabulous job.....it was a great place to dine and it's beautiful...lights, tables the whole package. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Off to a hopeful start...butBobRDined on 9/7/2013The venue is very smart and upscale. Chinamoto's menu seemed to indicate a reasonable selection of Asian dishes. The salads and appetizer roll were very good, and very attractive. The two main courses were, unfortunately, barely heated through and lacked flavor of any kind. Left over, and nicely packed to take away, the main course improved with aggressive reheating at home. The service was attentive enough, although the staff really didn't seem enthusiastic or knowledgeable about food. Clearly, this restaurant is striving for popularity. After all is said and done, it's the food that counts. I suspect Chinamoto is working on it.
- Faux sushi?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2013We ordered a platter with three rolls of sushi. Two of the rolls were filled with ground up raw fish so we have no idea what was in the roll; we couldn't even taste a difference between the two different types of rolls. Sushi should be the ultimate in un-processed real food; what you see is what you got. This is not a place for ordering sushi.Special Features:
- Great Service, Food just oksheepaeDined on 8/24/2013We were outside on the patio, w/ a great view, a beautiful day, our kid was safe, running around, but the food was just ok. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, which was what I was expecting.Special Features:
- My Thai dish was unusual.sparkyVIPDined on 8/17/2013My Thai dish was unusual. It had a heavy, gooey thick sauce reminiscent of Cantonese cooking. The menu description did not mention the food was fried. I was disappointed, although my partner's was delicious. The prices are steep when compared to places in Chinatown.Special Features: