China White - Purchase
578 Anderson Hill Rd.
Purchase, NY 10577Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
China White - Purchase
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinawhiteusa.com/
- Phone: 9144379700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Zhou Guang Zan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from China White - Purchase
China White brings a progressive, modern and organic approach to classic Chinese food. Combining an authentic Chinese kitchen with a modern, western Dining room, Chinawhite is the perfect spot to enjoy true Hong Kong cuisine with attentive and friendly service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China White - Purchase reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love the stonesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2013The waitress was very nice. I hate to beat up on the busboy, though he did come to take my plate away when i was still eating. Though to be fair, i am a very slow eater and we were eating a late lunch. Nice decor. I love the stones. The wonton soup was great, as was the mandarin beef which we split. And it was perfectly convenient to the college, which was our destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was not our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2013This was not our first time at China White. We returned because we remember the food being very good. This visit was in the middle of the week. They were not full. The food continued to be good, but the service was AWFUL! Given that there were not a lot of people in the restaurant, you would expect service to be much better. We waited quite a while for our drink order. The food was served way too slowly. We gave up and headed out before being frustrated by dessert orders. We will not be returning.
- Lunch special is a great deal!eminVIPDined on 6/11/2013Great local Chinese restaurant. It's not your typical Chinese place. Food is good. A bit expensive unless you get the lunch special. Love the General Jo fish dish and their pork dumplings.Special Features:
- Great Local Diningdirose7VIPDined on 5/8/2013Always enjoy China White whenever I go. Has become my favorite go to spot for a business lunch in the area as well as after work with colleagues and friends. Food is always fresh, flavorful and well presented with an exceptionally attentive staff. Especially enjoy the steamed vegetable dumplings, spare ribs and the sesame chicken over bok choy. Restaurant does take Chinese food dining to another level. Have to say surprised at some of the negative reviews - have never experienced any of it. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service needs to improve.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2013service needs to improve. Note: waiters are friendly. However, twice we needed to ask for a dish and drinks we had ordered, but didn't come. This is the second time I've been there and second time they didn't have the key ingredient for one of their signature desserts and had to substitute. It could be a good spot, but service and food needs improvement.
- I went there with 10 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2013I went there with 10 friends for a birthday celebration. The food at China White was very good. Other than that, I have to say we were very disappointed. They did not have the first wine we ordered in stock. So we ordered another one. When we wanted to order another bottle of that one - they were out of that too. When we ordered the Shrimp Dumbpings we were told they thought they were out of those - miraculoulsy they showed up. At the end of the dinner, we asked for tatoos - which we had heard so much about from other friends who had been there - - guess what . . . they were out of those too. Maybe they got them from another restaurant . . . It's a shame, we really liked the food but would never, ever go back.
- I really like China WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013I really like China White alot. I had not been there in a long time and I was so happy to go. It takes chineese food to a whole new level. The service is fabulous and the plating is just so lovely. Every dish we ordered was a hit and really enjoyed.
- DisappointedTeacher22Dined on 3/9/2013If I hadn't been here before I wouldn't go back. They were out of the Peking duck special that we want there for, they ran out of their other main dish, chicken, ribs ran out, and the staff was inattentive. They said they had a rush earlier but I had reservations a month ago, you can't just walk in this restaurant so they should have been prepared for the amount of customers there that evening. So disappointed. Will go back for another try but we were really disappointed
- I am not from this area butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013I am not from this area but went to show at Purchase. The restaurant was recommendedto me and it was truly a good experience.The food was excellent.Special Features:
- They cancelled our reservationjmrgVIPDined on 2/23/2013They cancelled our reservation without a reason so we did not eat there.
- China White is my "go to"SueBVIPDined on 2/19/2013China White is my "go to" place when I am in Westchester.Special Features:
- Chinese Take Two2dine4Dined on 1/6/2013China White provides a consistent experience with a limited number of menu items executed well. The fresh ingredients show through in the final dishes. Non meat dishes available. Specialty items like lobster and duck (the duck mirrors what we sampled in Singapore and parts of China) are are simple, vibrant. Try the duck for it's crispy skin, succulent meat and balanced hoisin sauce. The non alcoholic drinks are a refreshing change. Ginger pear tea and the prickly pear lemonade are unique and refreshing. They make carbonated beverages on site. We found the youthful wait staff attentive without being intrusive. Seating is limited, many families dine on Sunday. Decor is minimalist and modern. We have returned several times.Special Features:
- I had ther pleasure of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I had ther pleasure of dining @ China White twice in one week and both experiences were quite pleasant. The food was superb, wait staff attentive (but not annoying) and the ambiance excellent. The only drawback was parking. China White needs to implement valet parking or expand the lot. Otherwise, a tru gem!Special Features:
- Even better than the ChinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Even better than the China White had been in Greenwich. We will return, often.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant. TheWheredayawannaeatVIPDined on 12/28/2012We love this restaurant. The food is wonderful and organic too!!! Decor is simple and very cool. Wait staff very very good! First across the board outstanding for me.Special Features:
- The service was awful. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/30/2012The service was awful. Had to wait forever for my meal. Overall very clunky. Skip it.
- Seen betterKatonahMarcVIPDined on 11/21/2012Previous experience much better than this one. Manager had quit; bedlam ensued. Wait staff tried, but there were problems with everything. Plus a large, noisy obnoxious party table.
- Not on,y was it freezing onOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2012Not on,y was it freezing on Sat night after I had been told a week before that the propane trouble would be fixed by the ti e we got there, the service was poor. One ordered appetizer did not come until the waiter was reminded. He told us another server had taken his order. My husband ordered a beer with dinner and did not get it until we reminded the waiter. We were looking forward to our visit and were totally disappointed. It was very noisy into the bargain.
- The food was good. The decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2012The food was good. The decor is ALL white, so it's interesting. Very Sterile...?Special Features:
- WHAT A GREAT PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012The staff of China White is entirely comprised of GEMS. Sweet sophisticated dining in a lovely setting, the wait staff took care of our party and we had the best time of our lives. GREAT drinks, I recommend the Scorpion Bowl. If you pay a visit to this fine establishment, ask to sit in Jackson's or Andre's section, these are fine young men who are very skilled in service. Love it, 5 stars.Special Features:
- We have been there severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012We have been there several times, and very pleased with the food and service. However, this time, while the food lived up to our expectations, the service was only fair. The waiter didn't really understand how to open, pour and seat a full bottle of wine properly, dispensing it in 3 glasses, nearly entirely on the first pour, then corking it on the table. The secondary staff asked to clear my appetizer plate while my chopstix were still in hand and my plate was half full. An order arrived at the table that was not ours. Overall, inconsistent and beneath the quality of the food for sure. I'm hoping this is read by the management---your waitstaff needs a little more orientation and training!
- Excellent food in PurchasehjpjollyDined on 11/2/2012My family has been eating at China White and taking out from their Purchas location. The food is fantastic and service is top notch. You can't go wrong with China White.Special Features:
- Yummy food - super fresh ingrediantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2012Yummy food - super fresh ingrediants. Although pricey for Asian cuisine, it was a good value.Special Features:
- The food is great, the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2012The food is great, the noise level is much better during weekdays. I think they should give the waiters some more training on proper table service. By the way Monday's barman was great. We will definitely go back there
- Definitely not your Grannie'shealthlawVIPDined on 9/3/2012Definitely not your Grannie's Chinese Restaurant, China White has a hip room and some new tastes. But the services is ordinary and a small menu offers limited choices.Special Features:
- PurchaseTedMVIPDined on 8/17/2012Given that this was my first visit to Purchase, I am compelled to compare my recent experience with Greenwich, CT location; and as such Purchase falls short. Maybe I caught the crew at a low point in the week. Nevertheless, here are some of the things my wife and I experienced: Our duck order coming to the table ~20 minutes after our Lobster order. Had to remind the waitress - and kitchen that we ordered the duck. Management and the waitress were apologetic about the the duck mishap and offered to give us desert on the house. But the kitchen messed that up too: We asked for the deserts to go but instead the deserts were served on a dish that came to the table. To cap it all, we were billed twice. Again, I like to think it wasSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed this restaurant, onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2012Enjoyed this restaurant, only negative was my soup was cold.Special Features:
- China White rockscnsfDined on 8/14/2012Excellent Chinese food served with flair. Reminded me of eating in Hong Kong. The chef is authentic, yet creative. Spicy can get really spicy, if you ask. Beat red and sweating is my taste....they'll do it on request. Desserts are excellent - don't miss the Chai cotton candy. Lots of drug references in the title and menu. Even the waiter/waitress attire makes you feel like you're in a meth lab - if you could imagine what one might look like. Don't miss China White.Special Features:
- Disappointed. Food mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/11/2012Disappointed. Food mediocre. Service very nice and accommodating. No high chairs or booster seats.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2012This is not the first time I've been to China White but I was disappointed. The food is really expensive - $15 for 5 spareribs is too much. The soup was bland.
- Liar, liar, lies....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2012Waited 45 minutes before we left as our table was still not ready though we had a reservation. Hostess was awful and lied! This is not the first time we waited for our reserved table, but never have we been completely lied to. We were not the only ones in the same situation. The hostess could not even go to her post as she was too busy avoiding us. Honesty is the best policy and this hostess was not honest!!! A birthday dinner that never happened and a situation that could have been managed much better!
- The dressing on my chop chopRobbiVIPDined on 7/30/2012The dressing on my chop chop chicken salad was delicious. Nothing else about it was Asian. Too much celery. Dumplings were delicious.Special Features:
- What a surprise to find thisterryoDined on 7/27/2012What a surprise to find this hidden gem in such a remote, rural place; it has a very urban feel once inside. Lovely decor compliments the fine menu and efficient service. China White is an exceptional dining experience!Special Features:
- We have been here a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2012We have been here a number of times and love the food. The prices, however, are ridiculous. $26 for fried rice? $12 for a mediocre beer. $8 for a small iced tea. How much can any teabag, even a fancy pyramid teabag cost??? We would be regulars if the extras were reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We all love China White. SomethingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2012We all love China White. Something new and wonderful after all the Asian Fusion restaurants around. The food is excellent, and very beauatifully presented. Even their iced tea is very special. The restaurant is decor is very beautiful and feels good to be there. Total dining experience is five stars.Special Features:
- Always excellent. A differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012Always excellent. A different take on Chinese food. Not greasy.Special Features:
- Went for lunch and got theFloraDined on 7/2/2012Went for lunch and got the $19 prix fixe. Not bad, but pricey for what it is. Fancy names for Chinese dishes I can get in Flushing for a fraction of he price that taste much much better. Servers are well-meaning but inexperienced and clumsy. Good for a business lunch, but not somewhere I'd go regularly on my own. The chocolate wontons for dessert were excellent, though!
- The dining room decor is simpleAtypicalJohnDined on 6/28/2012The dining room decor is simple but beautiful. Tables are kind of small and close together; I can imagine it would get quite noisy if there's a full house. Service was friendly and attentive. The menu has a good number of choices without going over the top like many Asian menus. I would have liked to sample a few different dishes, however looking at other diner's plates the serving sizes looked generous so we opted for one noodle dish and one entree (no rice) for the two of us, and even this was more than we could finish. Oh well, if we want to try more from China White's menu we'll just have to go back, but that's something I'm looking forward to.Special Features:
- Eeh. Not an amazing experience.FoodieextraordinaireVIPDined on 6/1/2012Eeh. Not an amazing experience. Food gave me a stomach ache. Nice decor for the location.
- Very attentive and gives goodRMAsterDined on 5/29/2012Very attentive and gives good suggestions on menu items.Special Features: