China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinapoblano.com/
- Phone: (702) 698-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily I 11:30AM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Chinese
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
China Poblano is an entirely new concept from innovative chef José Andrés, showcasing his personal take on Chinese and Mexican cuisines. Here you'll find Chinese noodles, dumplings, soups and hotpots served alongside tacos, guacamole, salads and ceviches served in a festive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)good for groups (51)hot spot (44)great for lunch (23)late-night find (15)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)romantic (2)Show More
- MediocreAndyVIPDined on 11/14/2014Nothing special. The guacamole was pasty. The tacos were good, but at the prices I expected them to be great.
- Fun and Filling!SandraSDined on 11/10/2014Food was terrific and lots of choices - good for groups of people with different tastes, from carnivores to vegans. Very noisy if the restaurant is full. You order ala carte, and dishes arrive in a rather haphazard order and mostly one at a time. Our table had 6 or 7 dishes, but the fried rice arrived last. It would have been better had it accompanied some of the other dishes. Apparently it is impossible to ask for this service, although we tried. All the dishes were delicious and they are fun to share. My husband loved the eggplant dish that our guest ordered, and I've never seen him eat eggplant before - maybe he didn't know what it was. Brightly lit and noisy, so not for romantic dinners or quiet conversations.Special Features:
- Worst Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time was with my husband; we sat at the counter and had a good experience. This time around I was with a group of 6 for a friends birthday. Took forever for the waiter to come to table, got our food before drinks, waited 20 minutes for dessert. Three managers were milling around the entire time and never came by to ask how things were going. I was embarrassed that I had picked this restaurant for our group - truly a disaster.Special Features:
- Great MargaritaRLReasonsVIPDined on 11/2/2014For an dinner before a show, this proved to be a great spot. Service is prompt but our server was a bit scatter brained. "Air salt" margarita is the best - had to have one for the road! Small plates are not that small and food is reasonably priced. Drinks are expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day of the Dead Tasting MuenoVegasAlVIPDined on 11/1/2014I do not ever remember a tasting menu being so interesting and delicious. I think we had about 14-15 plates of AMAZING food. The tuna ceviche was AMAZING! We had great service an plan to visit again often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good valueWillVIPDined on 10/31/2014Though the food was very good and inventive, the prices points are very high for what you get. Expect to pay ~5x what you would get for basic good Tacos or dim sum elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I don't consider myself a cheap person, in fact I am a physician. However, as a local I want to try every restaurant here at least once but I did not realize until I was seated that the menu was pre-fixed. That really didn't give much of a choice but at the end of the day, I will have to say that the service was IMPECCABLE and the food was amazing in appearance and presentation. I didn't really leave completely full haha but maybe I should have had more wine ;)Special Features:
- Two for One!KKVVDined on 10/25/2014Jose Andres' "low end" place is well worth a visit. A little expensive but where else can you eat tasty shu mai right along with a duck tongue taco. The concept works and the food pairs well together despite being from different sides of the globe. Every dish was good, stand out was the 20 vegetable fried rice. Service was a bit rushed but solid and our server gave us excellent beverage recommendations to pair with the unique cuisine.Special Features:
- SIGDinnerVIPDined on 10/24/2014China Poblano is a unique fusion of Chinese dim sum and Mexican street food that has been elevated to an extremely delicious level. The interplay between the flavors is wonderful and the tapas/dim sum style allows for a wide sampling of dishes. Don't miss dessert here! The bar list is extensive but most people come for the unique margaritas. The service is attentive without being overbearing and the food was delivered quickly. One of the best places I have found in a city with tons of culinary gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange combinationazjohnnyDined on 10/21/2014Strange combinaton but it works. Mostly small plate portions but very well done. Not cheap considering you have to order several plates to make a real meal. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Authentic Mexican foodMexichinaDined on 10/11/2014This place made me think of all the times you have a hard time deciding what to eat.. Will it be Mexican or Chinese! How about both!! I probably ordered all of the Mexican menu. All the tacos, salsa , drinks, posole and chilaquiles were amazing! Fast service and excellent food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better For Young andTight BudgetBeachRickDined on 10/11/2014Invited a business colleague to stay inside the hotel: concept sounded appealing. Disappointed at walking in. Seats like ottomans: no backs. Service spotty. Food itself - fair. Worse: because of mix of concepts, have three kitchens...so they tell you upfront there will be no coordination or prediction about which food comes out when. Sure enough - everyone's primary plate came at random and long apart times. Terrible idea. Large groups of teens/young 20's pour in due to low prices. Noisy.
- Great food-large selection.BrookUtahDined on 10/11/2014This is a great spot with lots of variety ranging in flavors to suit your every craving! I've been here twice-both times offered excellent, fast service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeybagadonutsJoeybagadonutsDined on 10/9/2014Fun and fantastic! The food just kept coming. Flavor was present at all times. Loved it as did my 6 guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014The concept is fantastic...Chinese and Mexican. They pulled this combination off perfectly. Unique dining experience, the tastes, sounds, colors of this restaurant exceeded our expectations. Can't wait to go back next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!WIREVIPDined on 10/6/2014What a treat! We had the Viva tasting menu, and enjoyed every dish. Terrific service by Cristin. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- FantasticBigfamDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food and a great atmosphere! We celebrated my mothers 75th birthday and had a wonderful time. Every bite was better than the last. The service was beyond fantastic, and accommodated our large party easily. The complimentary desserts were delicious. Great restaurant food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Pig!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014If you're looking for some awesome food and a reasonably quick meal I'd definitely make a stop here. The food was fantastic. Get the Golden Pigs for sure. The waitress described them as sweet and savory which was a great description although with the sauce more sweet than savory. You could seriously eat them for dessert!Special Features:
- Interesting menun2bspldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Let's just say we had a duck tonque tacos, a wonton and noodle soup and steamed dumplings and chips and salsa. Different, great taste, quite spicey, enjoyable service. A fun lunch in a great hotel.Special Features:
- Interesting conceptPescatarianDined on 9/19/2014This is a very interesting restaurant. I'm not sure the whole Mexican/Chinese fusion thing is really thought through enough, but it was pretty good. Some dishes really yummy, some not so much (Dancing Eggplant in the second category, though it was a cool-looking dish). The Salt Air Margarita was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hype!GeekUSA76Dined on 9/18/2014Very good combo of Mexican and Chinese flavors. Who knew Queso fundita and crispy pork noodles would pair so well! 20 veg fried rice was outstanding. Great waiter had great suggestions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousvegaslocalDined on 9/17/2014China Poblano rocks - great menu, love that both worlds exist and it's not necessarily fusion. Will be back for more!Special Features:
- Fun diverse menu with expert prepWilltravelforfoodDined on 9/13/2014Our waitress handled a table of 10, without missing step. She even made paying the bill a dream. I wasn't sure what to expect, but had dined at Bazaar and Jaleo previously and knew that Jose Andreas would not disappoint. I loved seeing the open & separate kitchens for Mexican and Chinese food. Some of our group ate all over the menu, other's picked just one side to stick to. Everyone enjoyed!Special Features:
- Unique and impeccable food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014The fusion of Mexican and Chinese cuisine is perfectly done here! Every dish blew me away and it was hard not to savor every bite. Great cocktail list and a menu that will leave every diner satisfied! One of my favorite places ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy place!DocPolitxDined on 9/2/2014People were enjoying eating there, the Staff seemed happy to be there, and everyone takes pride in what they serve - and with good reason. The kind of attention to detail that has them making their own tortillas carries over to the entrees as well. Great Poblano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!Nu2DallasVIPDined on 9/2/2014The venue was always amazing, but now there is a new chef at the helm in the kitchen and it can't be missed! Eat here!Special Features:
- Didn't live up to the hypegrumpygastronomeVIPDined on 9/1/2014From the service to the decor to the food, everything was "meh".
- Interesting fusionGovols2014Dined on 8/29/2014Leave it to vegas to take two of the normally cheapest foods you eat at home, mix them up and make them expensive. It is a very well executed concept especially mixed with a tapas format. Was a fun experience and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CrisDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were outstanding. Such a fabulous concept that really works!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting conceptSar56Dined on 8/27/2014Wanted to try this restaurant because at first glance it seemed to be reasonably cost effective. But, didn't figure out that it was more of a tapas type of restaurant where most of the 'expensive' selections were small. Luckily I had a salad and queso dip, so got plenty of food even with the small lobster taco that I got as a splurge ($10 for 1 taco...really?) The food was pretty good and the service as well. Loved the concept of going to a place that I could get Mexican food and my partner Chinese. So, as with any Vegas restaurant if you're willing to pay the cost this ones okay. I'd suggest going across the street to find better priced restaurants, though.
- Love this placeCatalystdesignltdDined on 8/25/2014First and last stop every trip to Vegas. Crave it and miss it when we are home and can't wait to go back. Get a salt air marg, a street sandwich and go from there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchPexvacationDined on 8/24/2014We had a great brunch here with the three of us sat at the bar....food is great with the Mexican and Chinese mix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- critiqueVIPDined on 8/23/2014Expected more flair from this restaurant; however, was slightly disappointed. Service was great, but the food choices were fair. The fried patatas were actually french fries.Special Features:
- Good food fun atmosphereMichDined on 8/19/2014The good is good not great but a fun atmosphere. Be prepared to talk loud because it is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK restaurant, but beware of CCBklyn55Dined on 8/11/2014The food is visually appealing, but it is evident it is high in sodium after tasting it. Beware: China Poblano pre-authorizes your credit card for about 15% over your bill. I received a highly suspicious reason why they do this...bottom line...not acceptable. Check your CC immediately to see if your were "tagged".Special Features:
- Better food on the stripDinegal55Dined on 8/4/2014The menu was less than appetizing. The food was just ok. Had a little bit of everything, good to share but not worth the prices. I was expecting more from the Cosmopolitan. Ordered a Michelada to drink, that was the best part of the entire meal and the churros for dessert. Service was great and food came out quick just overall left feeling like I was stuffed with less than average food.Special Features:
- Brilliant food and great serviceFordysDined on 8/1/2014Lovely food- buzzy atmosphere- portions are refreshingly manageable and zingy lovely flavours leaving you satisfied but big horribly overfed. Service was great from start to finish. Great recommendation from a friend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not goodOuteverynighttoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014sadly, not good...expensive for what it was. So many great restaurants in Vegas go somewhere else.
- Tasting MenuJonesfoodiesDined on 7/31/2014There were four of us in our party and decided to have the tasting menu ($55 per person). We were pleasantly surprised at the different food choices and the blending of flavours. The only dish that I didn't think met the standard was the wonton soup - the soup base was very bland. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Baaa-ack for Lamb.NukeleonDined on 7/29/2014Don't get to Las Vegas often but on this latest trip had to return to China Poblano for its well executed combination of Chinese and Mexican dishes. This time had the Singapore Sling instead of the pomegranate marguerita. Great version of the classic cocktail but dangerously thirst quenching. Tacos were excellent, especially the carnitas. But the dish that totally had my eyes rolling was the lamb potstickers. Perfumed with cumin, slightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, they were worth the trek through 110-degree heat to get to Vegas.Special Features: