China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinapoblano.com/
- Phone: 8778932001x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily I 11:30AM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Chinese
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
China Poblano is an entirely new concept from innovative chef José Andrés, showcasing his personal take on Chinese and Mexican cuisines. Here you'll find Chinese noodles, dumplings, soups and hotpots served alongside tacos, guacamole, salads and ceviches served in a festive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (66)good for groups (50)hot spot (37)great for lunch (24)late-night find (16)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Authentic Mexican foodMexichinaDined on 10/11/2014This place made me think of all the times you have a hard time deciding what to eat.. Will it be Mexican or Chinese! How about both!! I probably ordered all of the Mexican menu. All the tacos, salsa , drinks, posole and chilaquiles were amazing! Fast service and excellent food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better For Young andTight BudgetBeachRickDined on 10/11/2014Invited a business colleague to stay inside the hotel: concept sounded appealing. Disappointed at walking in. Seats like ottomans: no backs. Service spotty. Food itself - fair. Worse: because of mix of concepts, have three kitchens...so they tell you upfront there will be no coordination or prediction about which food comes out when. Sure enough - everyone's primary plate came at random and long apart times. Terrible idea. Large groups of teens/young 20's pour in due to low prices. Noisy.
- Great food-large selection.BrookUtahDined on 10/11/2014This is a great spot with lots of variety ranging in flavors to suit your every craving! I've been here twice-both times offered excellent, fast service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeybagadonutsJoeybagadonutsDined on 10/9/2014Fun and fantastic! The food just kept coming. Flavor was present at all times. Loved it as did my 6 guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014The concept is fantastic...Chinese and Mexican. They pulled this combination off perfectly. Unique dining experience, the tastes, sounds, colors of this restaurant exceeded our expectations. Can't wait to go back next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!WIREVIPDined on 10/6/2014What a treat! We had the Viva tasting menu, and enjoyed every dish. Terrific service by Cristin. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- FantasticBigfamDined on 10/5/2014Wonderful food and a great atmosphere! We celebrated my mothers 75th birthday and had a wonderful time. Every bite was better than the last. The service was beyond fantastic, and accommodated our large party easily. The complimentary desserts were delicious. Great restaurant food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Pig!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014If you're looking for some awesome food and a reasonably quick meal I'd definitely make a stop here. The food was fantastic. Get the Golden Pigs for sure. The waitress described them as sweet and savory which was a great description although with the sauce more sweet than savory. You could seriously eat them for dessert!Special Features:
- Interesting menun2bspldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Let's just say we had a duck tonque tacos, a wonton and noodle soup and steamed dumplings and chips and salsa. Different, great taste, quite spicey, enjoyable service. A fun lunch in a great hotel.Special Features:
- Interesting conceptPescatarianDined on 9/19/2014This is a very interesting restaurant. I'm not sure the whole Mexican/Chinese fusion thing is really thought through enough, but it was pretty good. Some dishes really yummy, some not so much (Dancing Eggplant in the second category, though it was a cool-looking dish). The Salt Air Margarita was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hype!GeekUSA76Dined on 9/18/2014Very good combo of Mexican and Chinese flavors. Who knew Queso fundita and crispy pork noodles would pair so well! 20 veg fried rice was outstanding. Great waiter had great suggestions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousvegaslocalDined on 9/17/2014China Poblano rocks - great menu, love that both worlds exist and it's not necessarily fusion. Will be back for more!Special Features:
- Fun diverse menu with expert prepWilltravelforfoodDined on 9/13/2014Our waitress handled a table of 10, without missing step. She even made paying the bill a dream. I wasn't sure what to expect, but had dined at Bazaar and Jaleo previously and knew that Jose Andreas would not disappoint. I loved seeing the open & separate kitchens for Mexican and Chinese food. Some of our group ate all over the menu, other's picked just one side to stick to. Everyone enjoyed!Special Features:
- Unique and impeccable food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014The fusion of Mexican and Chinese cuisine is perfectly done here! Every dish blew me away and it was hard not to savor every bite. Great cocktail list and a menu that will leave every diner satisfied! One of my favorite places ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy place!DocPolitxDined on 9/2/2014People were enjoying eating there, the Staff seemed happy to be there, and everyone takes pride in what they serve - and with good reason. The kind of attention to detail that has them making their own tortillas carries over to the entrees as well. Great Poblano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!Nu2DallasVIPDined on 9/2/2014The venue was always amazing, but now there is a new chef at the helm in the kitchen and it can't be missed! Eat here!Special Features:
- Didn't live up to the hypegrumpygastronomeVIPDined on 9/1/2014From the service to the decor to the food, everything was "meh".
- Interesting fusionGovols2014Dined on 8/29/2014Leave it to vegas to take two of the normally cheapest foods you eat at home, mix them up and make them expensive. It is a very well executed concept especially mixed with a tapas format. Was a fun experience and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CrisDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were outstanding. Such a fabulous concept that really works!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting conceptSar56Dined on 8/27/2014Wanted to try this restaurant because at first glance it seemed to be reasonably cost effective. But, didn't figure out that it was more of a tapas type of restaurant where most of the 'expensive' selections were small. Luckily I had a salad and queso dip, so got plenty of food even with the small lobster taco that I got as a splurge ($10 for 1 taco...really?) The food was pretty good and the service as well. Loved the concept of going to a place that I could get Mexican food and my partner Chinese. So, as with any Vegas restaurant if you're willing to pay the cost this ones okay. I'd suggest going across the street to find better priced restaurants, though.
- Love this placeCatalystdesignltdDined on 8/25/2014First and last stop every trip to Vegas. Crave it and miss it when we are home and can't wait to go back. Get a salt air marg, a street sandwich and go from there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchPexvacationDined on 8/24/2014We had a great brunch here with the three of us sat at the bar....food is great with the Mexican and Chinese mix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- critiqueVIPDined on 8/23/2014Expected more flair from this restaurant; however, was slightly disappointed. Service was great, but the food choices were fair. The fried patatas were actually french fries.Special Features:
- Good food fun atmosphereMichDined on 8/19/2014The good is good not great but a fun atmosphere. Be prepared to talk loud because it is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK restaurant, but beware of CCBklyn55Dined on 8/11/2014The food is visually appealing, but it is evident it is high in sodium after tasting it. Beware: China Poblano pre-authorizes your credit card for about 15% over your bill. I received a highly suspicious reason why they do this...bottom line...not acceptable. Check your CC immediately to see if your were "tagged".Special Features:
- Better food on the stripDinegal55Dined on 8/4/2014The menu was less than appetizing. The food was just ok. Had a little bit of everything, good to share but not worth the prices. I was expecting more from the Cosmopolitan. Ordered a Michelada to drink, that was the best part of the entire meal and the churros for dessert. Service was great and food came out quick just overall left feeling like I was stuffed with less than average food.Special Features:
- Brilliant food and great serviceFordysDined on 8/1/2014Lovely food- buzzy atmosphere- portions are refreshingly manageable and zingy lovely flavours leaving you satisfied but big horribly overfed. Service was great from start to finish. Great recommendation from a friend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not goodOuteverynighttoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014sadly, not good...expensive for what it was. So many great restaurants in Vegas go somewhere else.
- Tasting MenuJonesfoodiesDined on 7/31/2014There were four of us in our party and decided to have the tasting menu ($55 per person). We were pleasantly surprised at the different food choices and the blending of flavours. The only dish that I didn't think met the standard was the wonton soup - the soup base was very bland. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Baaa-ack for Lamb.NukeleonDined on 7/29/2014Don't get to Las Vegas often but on this latest trip had to return to China Poblano for its well executed combination of Chinese and Mexican dishes. This time had the Singapore Sling instead of the pomegranate marguerita. Great version of the classic cocktail but dangerously thirst quenching. Tacos were excellent, especially the carnitas. But the dish that totally had my eyes rolling was the lamb potstickers. Perfumed with cumin, slightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, they were worth the trek through 110-degree heat to get to Vegas.Special Features:
- Some of the best food on the stripneedanameDined on 7/28/2014As the title says, some of the best food on the strip. Be sure you stop by if you can.Special Features:
- Change your policyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014There were five of us dining. The menu is a little confusing so three of us went with a chef's choice so we didn't have to navigate through it. We were told everyone had to have the chefs choice or no one could. At $55 per, do the math. I asked what would happen if only one person was at a table having dinner. We were told that person could get the chef's choice. I don't blame our server. She is just the messenger and she didn't have a good answer defending the policy either. I almost had two of our group sit at the adjacent table and get two tabs. It is a riculous policy meant to pad the bill. Basically we were muscled for an extra $110. The food came out in rapid fire and we were done eating in less than 30 minures. Never again.
- Trying Once is EnoughRLinVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was good, but nothing spectacular where you would want to return for a second visit at these prices.
- China Poblano in Las VegasrandallboeVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner here last week and loved it. We had the fried rice (delicious), the lamb potstickers (really delicious) and the Dan Dan noodles (super delicious). Really a great meal, the service was great and a fun atmosphere
- Surprisingly excellentNoelCVIPDined on 7/18/2014Expected a good lunch, had an excellent lunch, will definitely be back next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFitFoodieDined on 7/13/2014The food was amazing! Very unique take on Chinese and Mexican cuisine. Lots of flavor! Service was very knowledgable and very friendly. The restaurant was quaint and would be perfect for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the FoodCindyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014Love the eclectic mix of food and small plates for easy sharing.Special Features:
- Interesting MixeattinghobbyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had fun enjoying the tapas like servings and different textures and flavors. The tacos were very good. We really enjoyed the ceviche (must eat!) Some foods just weren't executed well such as the empanadas.Special Features:
- Unique and fabulousmamaguacamoleDined on 7/4/2014We were looking for something unique and not the Strip standard $45 a plate meal. We found it! The food was fantastic, service was exceptional and the restaurant had a very cool vibe. You can eat as much or as little as you want - tons of appetizers and single tacos plus entrees too. Will absolutely go back on our next visit to Vegas!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014I was disappointed with the service. It took them about 15 minutes to get our food.