China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinapoblano.com/
- Phone: 8778932001x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily I 11:30AM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Chinese
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
China Poblano is an entirely new concept from innovative chef José Andrés, showcasing his personal take on Chinese and Mexican cuisines. Here you'll find Chinese noodles, dumplings, soups and hotpots served alongside tacos, guacamole, salads and ceviches served in a festive setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China Poblano - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (68)good for groups (49)hot spot (42)great for lunch (29)late-night find (25)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Wonderful!CrisDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were outstanding. Such a fabulous concept that really works!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014First and last stop every trip to Vegas. Crave it and miss it when we are home and can't wait to go back. Get a salt air marg, a street sandwich and go from there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchPexvacationDined on 8/24/2014We had a great brunch here with the three of us sat at the bar....food is great with the Mexican and Chinese mix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- critiqueVIPDined on 8/23/2014Expected more flair from this restaurant; however, was slightly disappointed. Service was great, but the food choices were fair. The fried patatas were actually french fries.Special Features:
- Good food fun atmosphereMichDined on 8/19/2014The good is good not great but a fun atmosphere. Be prepared to talk loud because it is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An OK restaurant, but beware of CCBklyn55Dined on 8/11/2014The food is visually appealing, but it is evident it is high in sodium after tasting it. Beware: China Poblano pre-authorizes your credit card for about 15% over your bill. I received a highly suspicious reason why they do this...bottom line...not acceptable. Check your CC immediately to see if your were "tagged".Special Features:
- Better food on the stripDinegal55Dined on 8/4/2014The menu was less than appetizing. The food was just ok. Had a little bit of everything, good to share but not worth the prices. I was expecting more from the Cosmopolitan. Ordered a Michelada to drink, that was the best part of the entire meal and the churros for dessert. Service was great and food came out quick just overall left feeling like I was stuffed with less than average food.Special Features:
- Brilliant food and great serviceFordysDined on 8/1/2014Lovely food- buzzy atmosphere- portions are refreshingly manageable and zingy lovely flavours leaving you satisfied but big horribly overfed. Service was great from start to finish. Great recommendation from a friend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not goodOuteverynighttoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014sadly, not good...expensive for what it was. So many great restaurants in Vegas go somewhere else.
- Tasting MenuJonesfoodiesDined on 7/31/2014There were four of us in our party and decided to have the tasting menu ($55 per person). We were pleasantly surprised at the different food choices and the blending of flavours. The only dish that I didn't think met the standard was the wonton soup - the soup base was very bland. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Baaa-ack for Lamb.NukeleonDined on 7/29/2014Don't get to Las Vegas often but on this latest trip had to return to China Poblano for its well executed combination of Chinese and Mexican dishes. This time had the Singapore Sling instead of the pomegranate marguerita. Great version of the classic cocktail but dangerously thirst quenching. Tacos were excellent, especially the carnitas. But the dish that totally had my eyes rolling was the lamb potstickers. Perfumed with cumin, slightly crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside, they were worth the trek through 110-degree heat to get to Vegas.Special Features:
- Some of the best food on the stripneedanameDined on 7/28/2014As the title says, some of the best food on the strip. Be sure you stop by if you can.Special Features:
- Change your policyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014There were five of us dining. The menu is a little confusing so three of us went with a chef's choice so we didn't have to navigate through it. We were told everyone had to have the chefs choice or no one could. At $55 per, do the math. I asked what would happen if only one person was at a table having dinner. We were told that person could get the chef's choice. I don't blame our server. She is just the messenger and she didn't have a good answer defending the policy either. I almost had two of our group sit at the adjacent table and get two tabs. It is a riculous policy meant to pad the bill. Basically we were muscled for an extra $110. The food came out in rapid fire and we were done eating in less than 30 minures. Never again.
- Trying Once is EnoughRLinVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food was good, but nothing spectacular where you would want to return for a second visit at these prices.
- China Poblano in Las VegasrandallboeVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner here last week and loved it. We had the fried rice (delicious), the lamb potstickers (really delicious) and the Dan Dan noodles (super delicious). Really a great meal, the service was great and a fun atmosphere
- Surprisingly excellentNoelCDined on 7/18/2014Expected a good lunch, had an excellent lunch, will definitely be back next time we are in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFitFoodieDined on 7/13/2014The food was amazing! Very unique take on Chinese and Mexican cuisine. Lots of flavor! Service was very knowledgable and very friendly. The restaurant was quaint and would be perfect for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the FoodCindyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014Love the eclectic mix of food and small plates for easy sharing.Special Features:
- Interesting MixeattinghobbyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had fun enjoying the tapas like servings and different textures and flavors. The tacos were very good. We really enjoyed the ceviche (must eat!) Some foods just weren't executed well such as the empanadas.Special Features:
- Unique and fabulousmamaguacamoleDined on 7/4/2014We were looking for something unique and not the Strip standard $45 a plate meal. We found it! The food was fantastic, service was exceptional and the restaurant had a very cool vibe. You can eat as much or as little as you want - tons of appetizers and single tacos plus entrees too. Will absolutely go back on our next visit to Vegas!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014I was disappointed with the service. It took them about 15 minutes to get our food.
- Try it, you'll like it!OksannaDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent and our service was great. We sat at the bar and had a very attentive waitress. She recommended dishes for us to try and share. We really enjoyed the Open Sesame noodle dish and the Twenty Vegetable Fried Rice dish. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priceytravelingDined on 6/27/2014Most of Vegas is expensive and this place is no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ride for your taste budsTheFoodCriticDined on 6/26/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Las Vegas because the food is amazing. This restaurant was recommend to me by an executive chef and he wasn't wrong it is worth every penny. I have yet to find a dish that didn't taste good. Plus with groups the dishes are great for sharing! Then to wash it all down I highly recommend the salt air margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseFosterVIPDined on 6/26/2014Terrible: courses arrived at different times (explanation was that there are 3 kitchens so of course we should understand), the advertised shredded chicken came in big pieces including cartilage and a hunk of boiled skin (explanation was that the chef says the skin adds flavor), lots of unnecessary fat in the dishes we ordered, and all this with high prices.
- Jose Andres scores five stars.BenBuddyDined on 6/24/2014China Poblano is tucked away inside the expansive Cosmopotian on the Strip in Vegas. The bar fare is wonderful and the food is inventive and exotic. This is not mamasita's rice and beans. Or you late night favorite Chinese joint. There is an intimacy inspite of the modernity and cleverness of the decor. The waiter was excellent. The hostess was friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they warn you that the food comes when it comes , fresh. We had asian eggplant (with what seemed to be Bonita flakes) and sesame sauce. As good as the lost Buddha's Belly's (Los Angeles foodies). We had a ten thirty pm reservation which we almost missed due to traffic on Las Vegas Blvd. We had to beg to park valet, it was Tuesday night, hello! Gotta walk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Home RunSusanDined on 6/21/2014We knew that Chef Andreas's restaurants in the DC area were wonderful so we were eager to try this outpost in Las Vegas. The food was fantastic and the portion sizes were perfect. The restaurant "says" they have a dress code (stylish casual, I believe was what was given to me when I called to ask) but t-shirts and short abounded. Wait staff and management were all top notch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but noisyFoodie31Dined on 6/21/2014I liked the place but I was dressed up formally to go see the show at Rose. Rabbit. Lie. A large majority of the customers came straight from the pool. It was EDC weekend in Vegas which is understandable, however, not when I am paying good money to see one of the shows. Bottom line: The restaurant has high class potential but it will be overlooked by the summer swimming crowd that hangs out there in their applicable attire.Special Features:
- Amazing FooddelishDined on 6/20/2014The food was incredible! Best guac I have ever had, delicious tacos, potstickers, and spring rolls. Loved everything! The waiter was great at recommending dishes for our table. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Noteable place to goastropopcandyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Jose Andres did it again! i love staying at the Cosmopolitan since his restaurants are located there. Love the food and love the experiences. Skip the fried rice though, it's totally overrated. Try some more adventurous stuff instead, (and there's plenty of that).Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2014The restaurant theme was a super cool idea which is why we went. The food was ok we had a view of the entrées. I like the fried dim sum the best. Beware their signature drink was ok at best and $16 for 8oz is no bueno. Over the food was very overpriced and I was not blown away by the taste. Many other strip restaurants worth your time.
- Great food + Outstanding ServiceCabanaboyDined on 6/14/2014After a couple of nights of significant dinners in Vegas, we wanted something lighter but still different. China Poblano was the right choice. Our server was fantastic and helped us pick interesting things to try. Served in small plates, we picked a mix of several things to try and share and all were outstanding. Our server was flawless and knew every item on the menu and could explain them in detail, right down to how they make the foam on the salt air margaritas! We will definitely go back next time we are at The Cosmopolitan.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 6/6/2014The combination sounds odd however the tastes blew us away. AMAZING RESTAURANT!Special Features:
- Business DinnerFjlind3rdDined on 6/2/2014Flat out fabulous. Great service and great selection of food for table of 7. Would come back in a heartbeat and will when I am back in town.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My boyfriend and I were both excited about trying this restaurant because our love of Mexican and Chinese food is extremely great. The thought of the combination of them made it very interesting to want to try. The food was absolutely amazing, everything we tried! Our waitress was wonderful and had great recommendations for drinks and food. Definitely will be coming back there, next time we return to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014We did the Chef Experience and was pleasantly surprised by the variety of the food and everything tasted great. Would definitely go back. Service was great too.
- Great RestaurantFoodieatheartDined on 5/20/2014The food was great! Absolutely the best place I have eaten since coming to Vegas. The Martinis are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of townerfood4thoughtDined on 5/18/2014Good fusion cuisine with prompt service and unique concepts.Special Features:
- Cool concept, executed wellFloridaFoodieDined on 5/17/2014The overall concept of Chinese and Mexican is interesting in its own right. It is Executed very well here, with each side bringing noteworthy contributions to the table. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Wait StaffyumyumDined on 5/17/2014Aside from the fact that I love having the option of mixing Mexican and Chinese, the wait staff here makes you feel like the guest of honor from the minute you walk in. From the host/hostess, to the bussers, and everyone in between, the attention to perfection is quite apparent. I thought that might have been because the first time I visited I was with a large party of women out on the town. But having just returned with only my husband in tow, we definitely were treated just as well as the first time. The food itself is very good, with many different and interesting options on the menu. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.