China Grill - New York
60 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $50 and over
China Grill - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
- Phone: 2123337788x1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45pm - 4:30pm Saturday 12:00pm-5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm-10:00pm Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: Vidal Hernanadez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 42" Plasma Screens at both bars
- Special Events: On-site Sales & Events manager, Elizabeth Katusa at 212 554 6507 or email@example.com
- Cross Street: 53rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: E or V Train to 53rd Street& 5th Avenue B,E,D Trains to 7th Avenue N,R Train to 55th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Now offering parking validation for discounted parking from 5pm-midnight at 1330 6th Ave—entrance located on 53rd directly across from China Grill.
A word from China Grill - New York
China Grill provides a globe-spanning culinary adventure in a spectacular setting. While Asian flavors and techniques are an influence, the menu is labeled as “world cuisine” with virtually every dish being prepared on either grills or in woks using ingredients gathered from pantries around the globe. Portions are generous, dramatically presented, and meant to be shared family style. Spectacular architectural settings, including an exhibition kitchen in the center of the restaurant are also part of the China Grill magic, creating a place to see and be seen.Continued
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/restaurants-and-bars/china-grill-ny
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
China Grill - New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
China Grill - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (94)fit for foodies (90)special occasion (71)great for lunch (66)great for outdoor dining (41)hot spot (40)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014I would have to say solidly mediocre. They brought all the food at one time and the fried spinach was really greasy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/18/2014The emphasis was on theatre goers - which came out with the mediocre service and slow food delivery. From a food perspective - if you love authentic Asian, the fusion plates will be far from ideal. A very western take on the food, and too many sauces!!Special Features:
- Good food w/flairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014One of our best meals in NYC. 3 teen girls w/me loved everything; and they can be picky:( Great location; friendly attentive waiter. We'll be back!!
- we love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014we love your duck salad, we came from spain a just for eat your great duck salad. I hope you soon open in Madrid Spain.Special Features:
- Interesting foodGiant1Dined on 10/14/2014I had a barbecued wild Salmon dish which was outstanding cooked the way I requested and terrific flavor.Special Features:
- VPOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent along with the service. I have not been here for many years and was surprised by the wonderful experience that I had. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- magnificent cuisineJTsteakloverDined on 10/13/2014Sharing menu was the perfect choice for exploring new dishes for first time dining at China Grill. We were wined and dined by an outstanding service staff who took the time to answer our questions and fulfill our requests. Presentation was beyond my expectations...Creative and elegant. Yes, we requested window seating and that is where we dined. Planning another visit really soon! Thank you!Special Features:
- Seen better daysLindaVIPDined on 10/13/2014Wanted to introduce my daughter to China Grill since she just began working in the area. Used to love this trendy place with unusual Asian dishes. Perhaps it's me who's changed since I was last here 5-6 years ago, but While I found the food still somewhat tasty, it really felt like old news and more than a little gloppy and undersized. This made the prices, while always high, seem truly outrageous.
- What a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I both had the pre-fixed tasting menu, $55.00 a person it was fabulous. I enjoyed every course and the tasting was wonderful, they timed every dish perfectly. I highly recommed this! It really was the way to go.Special Features:
- Spinach is the StargramercygourmetDined on 10/9/2014Where has the crispy spinach been all my life? This modest vegetable became a star at China Grill and I would go back for it again & again. The leaves had the texture of a luxury potato chip without any slickness and melted on the tongue. Another standout was the shrimp with black noodles as well as the drunken chicken. Three out of five of us praised the lobster pancakes but the combination of flavors was too strong for me. The service was attentive and efficient, and the surroundings were elegant in a way that made lunch feel like an occasion. A fun place to feed with friends.Special Features:
- An old haunt still stacks upBeachwoodDined on 10/8/2014I returned to the China Grill after about 15 years with a party of eight getting together with old friends and new. It is still a great spot. The decor and ambiance was particularly noted by those less familiar with New York and the food still creates interest and positive comment among those more familiar with the scene. The service was excellent, helpful yet discrete. All round a great evening and I was glad to see that an old friend had survived the passage of time without a lot of change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceNYCfoodie123VIPDined on 10/8/2014Had been once before years ago and was fine. This time was absolutely awful. The service was non existent, I played waitress for my table, getting up to order drinks from the bar, getting the check from the hostess etc. I highly recommend avoiding this place at all costs.
- awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014A great duck salad, we came from spain only for coming here and eat your great duck salad. We always talk about this restaurants to our friends. Hope that soon you´ll open in Spain in Madrid. We are coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetDee1Dined on 10/4/2014Great place for dinner and the waiters are friendly and knowledgeable with the menus. Excellent service and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodMellyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Took a friend to dinner for her birthday. They offered an amazing tasting menu. The food was delicious and they offered so many options. The service was top notch. I'm looking forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decision MakerArmadaDined on 9/27/2014Party of five having a Birthday Celebration in advance of attending the 8pm performance of Cabaret. Our lead food server was Kevin and he was most impressive. We chose not to order from the 3-course menu option and instead enjoyed a very wide variety of the offerings. I could not have been more pleased and as a Limousine operator of 30 years based in Philadelphia it will be my pleasure to suggest this eatery.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableMAFoodieDined on 9/26/2014I love China Grill! Whenever I visit NYC, this is on my 'places to dine' list. The service and food was impeccable. Great decor, check out the ceiling. If there is room for dessert, share The Wall with a friend and forget about the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I had eaten here for lunch during restaurant week and decided to bring our out of town guests for dinner and it was excellent. We had the tasting menu which was fabulous. My cousin thought dinner was complete after all the appetizers came out but there was plenty more. The service was great. Fan knew we had theater tickets and were running a bit late so she made sure our food came out on a timely basis. I would recommend it highly!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedWineAndDineDined on 9/23/2014Food was unlike the first time we went. This visit the food was barely palatable AND the bartender was too chatty. I came to have a good time with my friends, not to be given invasive subpar standup comedy by a unimpressive bartender. Otherwise, a pleasant experience. This review came out a lot more b!tchy than anticipated. Sorry.Special Features:
- wait staff & service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Attentive staff and service. Excellent food presentation. The lobster pancake was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent food with portions sized to share family style, attentive service, not rushed. Noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, amazing dessertLuckyDined on 9/8/2014I'm looking forward to have a cup of tea or coffee with creme brulee or chocolate cake... delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thnks China GrillMariaLaLolita1711Dined on 9/5/2014I love NYC China Grill. When i visit NYC always invite friends and family to enjoy the food and the ambience. When i am in the area alone i visit China Grill anyway,specially for lunch. Thank you for the pleasent evening.Special Features:
- LunchdeevDined on 9/5/2014I had a perky enough waitress but then she became overwhelmed with other customers and I barely saw her. I ordered the lobster pancake and as I began to take the first bite, noticed a hair in my food. It took a few minutes to get someone's attention and later the manager came over to apologize. I was served another one and it was fair. Not enough sauce. Calamari salad was way too much for a single person and I should have been advised as to the portion size because after the lobster pancake, I could not eat more than a couple of bites. I had thought due to the poor service, hair in food that I would be at least comped for my glass of wine but received nothing. I had to chase the server down to get my check. Poor experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014Really irritating that open table accused me of not honoring my reservation here.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014we really enjoyed our group celebration at the China GrillSpecial Features:
- Drmidike34Dined on 8/29/2014Service started out bad. Our original waiter never came and another waiter started to help us. He apologized, acknowledged our presence, and everything got better from there. Food was awesome. The wasabi mashed potatoes are heavenly. Food was sooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/28/2014Service was outstanding... knowledgeable, warm and welcoming! Quality of ingredient superb.Special Features:
- Crispy spinachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Yooo, that Crispy spinach was on point....dayum!!!! Lobster pancake..aka my new annual birthday cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu needs an updatewhatmeworryVIPDined on 8/25/2014Half the space was closed to service and the food was fair. No rice nooldes for people with gluten sensitivities. Near closing?
- The food was very good.Liv2eatDined on 8/25/2014The service was simply strange and not up to the same level of the food prep.Special Features:
- What a nice lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I had beef, what a nice taste and tender!In addition, every staff are kind.I would like to come near the future.Thank you very much CHINA GRILL!Special Features:
- not typical asianPhil134VIPDined on 8/23/2014notable signature dishes - awesome desserts. the dishes are served family style but do require a side dish as the main portions are not very large. desserts are however large enough for 3 people to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food timing??OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have been here many times in the past year and the food is fantastic. Try the short ribs (best ever) and the shrimp with black pasta. We ONLY ordered 2 entrees and one side vegetable dish and yet we were served the first entree a full 10-15 minutes before the second entree and vegetable side. NO excuse for this, especially since the restaurant was virtually empty other than the bar. I even asked where the second entree when the second entree was going to be served and was told "right away." It wasn't!Special Features:
- Always greatTulipanofraDined on 8/15/2014Always great! Highly recommended, I really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was a awful experience. Last night of restaurant week and it wasn't very busy. I know why-- the food was awful and the service was also disappointing. I don't know how this restaurant has been here so long. I would NOT recommend it a t all
- dissapointed in restaurantJackDined on 8/15/2014Had 4 dishes to share with my wife . Only the garlic shrimp was good. Long beans where so undercooked they were still cold.duck salad was just ok. It is a beautiful restaurant but the foof nrrds improvement.Special Features:
- FoodieKimaDined on 8/14/2014The food was great, I like everything that I ordered. Our waitress was funny and entertaining.Special Features:
- Too badsandieDined on 8/14/2014We had eaten many times at China Grill in Las Vegas and we loved it. We would always have the spicy Asian Cesar salad and the glazed lamb ribs. The same meal in New York was more than disappointing. Salad had little to no flavour and the ribs were very fatty the rice was cold, had it replaced 3 times and the grilled beef $46.00. Was dried out sirloin. That is the end of china grill for us. The service was poor
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014excellent service...fast , with tasty food...fun buzzing atmosphere....very responsive waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.