China Grill - Miami Beach
404 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
China Grill - Miami Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/
- Phone: 3055342211
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm **NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH 7 DAYS A WEEK FROM NOON TILL 5 P.M.**
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Keyvan Behnam
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Treat colleagues, clients, family and friends to an unparalleled and legendary dining experience at China Grill, featuring Asian-inspired world cuisine & sushi, artistically prepared and dramatically presented.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Morales 3055342211
- Special Events: China Grill South Beach is the perfect choice for any special event. With two private dining rooms, large outdoor patio and a main dining room that seats up to 250 guests - China Grill can accomodate any group no matter how large or small. China Grill remains the South Beach Classic to celebrate with your guests in style. For inquiries, contact: Jennifer Morales, Sales & Marketing Manager, e: email@example.com, p: 305-534-2211
A word from China Grill - Miami Beach
China Grill provides a globe-spanning culinary adventure in a spectacular setting. While Asian flavors & techniques are an influence, the menu is labeled "World Cuisine" with virtually every dish prepared on either grills or woks using ingredients gathered from pantries around the globe. Portions are generous, dramatically presented & meant to be shared family style. Spectacular architectural settings including an exhibition kitchen in the center of the restaurant are also part of the China Grill magic, creating a place to see & be seen.Continued
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit www.chinagrillmgt.com/thehookup.cfm
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit www.chinagrillmgt.com/thehookup.cfm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China Grill - Miami Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- elizabeth taylorlizelaVIPDined on 4/27/2012We will miss dearly our beloved China grill in Miami Beach, but we will always be going to their new restaurant in Brickell and Ft. Lauderdale, Martin is a wonderful Manager and always keeps a smile no matter how hectic it is.Special Features:
- Visited before it closed...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012We thought it would be a good idea to stop in before it moved to Brickell. We were served by Bradford, which was a very charming and friendly server. He wasn't pushy and helped us select our menu without overdoing it. We had been there several times before and by far this was the best service ever.Special Features:
- Had the best waiter ever andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2012Had the best waiter ever and the food was to die for!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Close toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012Excellent food. Close to other SOBE attractions. Not real busy at 830 pm.
- So-SoTomBVIPDined on 4/6/2012We frequent China Grill once or twice a year when in Miami and always bring friends along. It was so quiet this time, with very few people, which was odd. The food was only so-so this time and the waiter was pushy and quite annoying. Fried spinach was greasy this time and not that crispy. Overall, it was just ok. Next time, we will go elsewhere. Turns out Lincoln Road was alive!!! We ate in that area for the next two nights.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012We enjoyed the change of pace there. It was both of our first times, and we like the Happy Hour menu better then the real menu.Special Features:
- Generally all food and drinkSSEDDined on 4/1/2012Generally all food and drink was very good with the exception of the tuna tempura sashimi which was tasteless and the duck two ways which was a little boring. Prices were way too high. With appetizer, main and desert came to $100 per person.Special Features:
- Exactly spin on traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2012Exactly spin on traditional dishes with an Asian flare. Portions are sharing size which makes it a great place for groups. Will definitely come back whenever in Miami.Special Features:
- One of the worst restauarantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2012One of the worst restauarant I have ever dined at. The service was horrible, the hostess did not really want to seat us in an empty restaurant. Food was full of salt, and one of the main dishes arrived after we were finished eating. The manager did not seem to care. For a $250+ dinner, could not have had a worse experience.
- We arrived at 9:45 on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/26/2012We arrived at 9:45 on a Monday night and were seated promptly...our waiter came soon, but after that...nothing was prompt. Our food came before our drinks...and the food was fair at best and very pricey. We would not go there again!
- Love China Grill, food isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012Love China Grill, food is Delish, cocktails are fabulous..Nice ambiance..ThanksSpecial Features:
- We've been to China GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2012We've been to China Grill before but this time it was better than ever. The Duck Salad and the Pork Spare Ribs were to die for !!! Waitstaff also really helpful in guiding us through the menu. Loved it!
- Food was good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012Food was good but not great. Serice was very good and attentive. Extremely noisy place and difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- The food was very good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/26/2012The food was very good, however be prepared to be oversold on how much you should look to order... Stick with your instincts. We were traveling with no refirdgerator in our hotel, so a lot of food (that was not cheap) went to waste. Check your bill as well, the staff jumped to our assistance to remove the item, but someone else's $60 bottle of sake had been listed with our table.Special Features:
- great place for groups andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/24/2012great place for groups and trying different dishes at one sitting.Special Features:
- it was decorated festivelylizelaVIPDined on 2/14/2012it was decorated festively for the valentines day , we enjoyed very much, it was alittle slow with the service, but most probably the kitchen was backed up. overall we love china grillSpecial Features:
- The food is always excellentWellTraveledDined on 2/14/2012The food is always excellent and the service is very good.Special Features:
- Food not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2012Food not what it used to be. Service excellent - actually better than the past
- When we arrived they had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012When we arrived they had a table with a view to Miami beach waiting for us the server was wonderful he told us ahead of time the portions were big but we ordered a lot any way.We started with the Spicy beef dumplins they were delicious then we had the 3 headed dragon sushi rolls they were amazing our dinner finally showed and everything was great except the rice it was overcooked we've had better fried rice at Pf changs if I'm spending $200 plus 35 on a tip only cause it's not the waiters fault I would expect better rice then what was served everything else was great...Special Features:
- Very good food, VERY noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2012Very good food, VERY noisy if you want to chat with friends. After the service (very good), it takes a while to get the check so leave some time for that since the waiters are somewhere else.Special Features:
- Past its timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/11/2012The service was attentive but not overbearing. The dumplings were tasty and flavorful. The Sezhuan beef was fatty and gristly. The menu needs to be updated. I don't think it has changed in years!
- When I was planning to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012When I was planning to go to China Grill I thought that I will do the reservation to just try another good restaurant in Miami, since everyone always talks about it. After I had my experience I recommended this restaurant eyes closed. From the apetizer to the desert everything was GREAT!!!! I highly recommended and had a great time with my WIFE.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Food was very good. Service was fair, but noise was unbearable. Accustics bad but then add loud-loud music no way to carry on conversation without yelling
- Lost its energy but stillOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2012Lost its energy but still wish we had one near our homeSpecial Features:
- Service was horrible foodDrtodd777VIPDined on 1/14/2012Service was horrible food was fair. Has really gone down hill
- The calamari salad is awesome.stacyDined on 1/14/2012The calamari salad is awesome. Sushi was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012The food is excellent. Yes, it's expensive, but worth it for what you get. We went with a group of 10 and it ended up being $60 a person with 2-3 rounds of cocktails each, several appetizers & half dishes we shared as a group plus several desserts we shared as a group. Service could be a little better, but honestly there were no major disappointments and we were always taken care of. Also, plan to be there for awhile - this isn't a quick dinner - I think we were there for 2.5 hours. Please be advised that there dessert portions are GINORMOUS. Like RIDICULOUSLY HUGE. Larger than their dinner portions! (Although, we did get half portions of entrees as we were all sharing and I saw some whole portions that we HUGE.) All in all, SUPERB!Special Features:
- Good food but way overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2012Good food but way overpriced. Not worth what they charge.
- Always a winner!HappyDinerDined on 1/5/2012We go to China Grill every time we are in Miami. The food is always fantastic . Especially the wagu dumplings, shanghai lobster and crispy spinach which are not to be missed. The coconut mojitos were great as well. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Was an interesting and excitingLindaDined on 12/30/2011Was an interesting and exciting meal. The presentation was exciting, and the food delicious!Special Features:
- great menu. excellent food.luv2dineVIPDined on 12/29/2011great menu. excellent food. choices & presentation are very good. service very professional.Special Features:
- Not woth the moneysuzieq13Dined on 12/28/2011This restaurant is way overpriced for the quality of food it serves. The appetizers were rather ordinary tasting- certainly nothing special . The entree of drunken chicken was good, but I would definitely NOT recommend the grilled salmon. The noise level makes it very difficult to converse with others at the table. I would much rather spend my hard-earned money on quality food; very disappointing experience overall. The staff there needs to be better trained in how to treat its customers.
- Three of us dined here 12/27OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2011Three of us dined here 12/27 and enjoyed all dishes selected with the assistance of a helpful waiter. We all liked China Grill so much that we booked for another visit on 12/30.Special Features:
- I remember China Grill's amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011I remember China Grill's amazing food from the 90's and it was such a disappointment to eat there this week. We started with the Tempura tuna sashimi and pork belly with avocado purée. Both lacked flavour, the tuna would have needed something sour to go with it and the pork should have been caramelized. As the main course we took the duck in two ways with the crispy spinach on the side. All was too heavy without any accent in the taste. Not what I call fusion kitchen. The whole ambience felt like being in Planet Hollywood! The bill including one bottle of wine and two cocktails was 330 usd and it was not worth it. We felt stuffed with heavy tasteless food!
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2011Always a pleasant event. On the highend side for prices but the smaller portion option is a help. For the nature of the place I should not have to ask to have a water glass refilled. HOwever with that small complaint we always enjoy our meal. The salmon was one of the best I have had in a very long time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Horrible service, but good steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2011Horrible service, but good steak. Not worth your time and money, overall. B list.Special Features:
- TastingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2011We had a party of six and did the tasting dinner. Food was fabulous. We ate early in the evening, so the night started out quiet, but the place was packed by the time we left. Service actually improved as the restaurant got busier.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)FreqDinerDined on 12/3/2011I have been to this restaurant several times. The menu is eclectic, and the food and service was exceptional on previous visits, admittedly a year ago. As a result, I recommended to my group of friends that we dine here Saturday night. Nothing really bad to say, it was a fun evening, but this place is very expensive and I did not think that the quality or quantity of the food or the service lived up to my prior visits. Portions were smaller, dishes seemed more bland, and presentations were nice but not exceptional. Service was very spotty. Several times we had to look around and flag our waiter or ask a bus person to find our waiter. We all had fun, and I might go back, but I think they are losing their polish.Special Features:
- good food, but even the halfkoseykatDined on 12/1/2011good food, but even the half portions were huge! go with a group so you can share and try a few dishes! the lobster mash was amazing, as was the calamari salad, although they could have been a bit crisper! i'll def go back, but with a crowd!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner gone sourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011China Grill was highly recommended and the food came through. The service was horrible. Our reservations where made 2 weeks in advance for 4 at 9pm. We were seated at 9:30, at 9:45 we had to ask for water because no one had come to check on us. The waiter, Felipe dragged his feet, so I told him to get it going, we were ready to order. He not once asked us how any of our courses where. Three of us received our dinner and one was left to wait another 15 minutes for her shrimp. When she asked the waiter, he simply said, "it's coming" and walked away. No apologies and no "let me check on that for you". At the end, we wanted dessert and he looked at us and kept walking and sent the bus boy. Nice Service CG. I will never go back!!!!