China Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
China Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chinagrillmgt.com/
- Phone: (702) 632-7404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Happy Hour daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, International
- Executive Chef: David Sommella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: China Grill can accommodate up to 325 guests for a sit down dinner and up to 500 for hors d'oeuvres/cocktail receptions. Treat colleagues, clients, family and friends to an unparalleled dining experience that only China Grill can offer. From the Private Dining Room complete with Japanese-style sliding glass doors to the awe-inspiring Main Dining Room, we have space for every event imaginable. Private parties are available at any hour of the day and for any size group.
- Private Party Contact: Catering and Sales Department 7026326907
- Special Events: Come join us 7 days a week for Dragon Sushi Happy Hour! From 5-7pm, enjoy 1/2 priced sushi and cocktail specials in our chic lounge/bar area. Delight in the experience of our sushi chef's creations paired with a lychee lemondrop or a carafe of fine sake.
A word from China Grill - Las Vegas
China Grill provides a globe-spanning culinary adventure in a spectacular setting. While Asian flavors and techniques are an influence, the menu is labeled as "world cuisine" with virtually every dish being prepared on either grills or in woks using ingredients gathered from pantries around the globe. Portions are generous, dramatically presented, and meant to be shared family style. Spectacular architectural settings, including an exhibition kitchen in the center of the restaurant are also part of the China Grill magic, creating a place to see and be seen. China Grill is known as much for the company it keeps as it is for its bold inventions, as the name implies. Generally filled with an eclectic group of celebrities, families, business leaders, and elegant as well as casual diners.Continued
To check out what’s happening at your favorite hotspots, visit www.chinagrillmgt.com/thehookup.cfm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
China Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
- The wait staff were vey attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012The wait staff were vey attentive and helpful. We both had the duck-two ways. It was excellent. The ambiance was very relaxing, inviting and romantic. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- they are closing down in aAmyrincoVIPDined on 11/9/2012they are closing down in a week...nov 18th. food was good, not great. our server was clearly in the wrong business.Special Features:
- service was erratic, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2012service was erratic, waiter kept coming and going only took part of order, we asked him to come back, and he brought the bill before our main course was served. Of course the bill was incorrect also, he overcharged us as he forgot to put the specials pricing in it and charged full price for everything, even the food we had to send back because it was cooked with a sliced barcode adhesive label on the bell pepper vegetable. What the heck happened to the old (good) China Grill?
- First time at the Vegas ChinaTBoneDined on 10/4/2012First time at the Vegas China Grill. While the food was good, my experience was not as memorable as the ones in NY. First of all, for the amount of money spent, I would have expected a complimentary appetizer (small bite), compliments of the chef. The waitress was pleasant enough, but did not wipe up the spilled water from refilling my glass with water. What accompanied the main dish was pretty in presentation but not a great choice for the prices charged. Crispy onion rings with the drunken chicken, and crispy wavy potato chip like fries with steak. Need to change that - poor choice. My sister, who I wanted to share my love for China Grill was pleased with her choice, my favorite of grilled marinated skirt steak with lo mein noodles.Special Features:
- Very good food, but the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2012Very good food, but the wait staff is fairly agressive in trying to upsell. A big negative to an otherwise pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- Haven't been in awhile butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012Haven't been in awhile but were so glad to be back. Had our usual Caesar salad, and the schezuan beef. We ordered the yellow tail sashimi with jalpeno and ponzu and it was the best we've had! The drink menu was great and with the Margarita which was tasty and then enjoyed a bottle of wine....such a fun night out and great food. We won't wait as long to go back next time!Special Features:
- Wow! What to say other thanBillyVIPDined on 9/8/2012Wow! What to say other than one of the best meals I have ever had. With our group of 5 we did the "sampler" and it was a winner! If you are anywhere near Mandalay bay you have to go here!Special Features:
- Try this restaurant before its goneukchickVIPDined on 8/23/2012Awesome! We did the Chef tasting menu......incredible. We are traveling foodies and China Grill ranks up there !Special Features:
- Food was very good not excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012Food was very good not excellent service was ok waitress didn't ask which choice of wine or which choice of food on the tasting menu and although her choice was good it was her choice main dining room noisy .Special Features:
- The food was very good. IfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2012The food was very good. If you are in a position to take home leftovers order the tasting menu. One tasting menu is enough food for 3 or 4 people but they don't let you order it that way. So order one tasting menu and then everyone else order an entree that will keep well for the next day.Special Features:
- Was ready to pass after readingmgm23833VIPDined on 7/13/2012Was ready to pass after reading all the negative feedback on open table. But out dinner at the china grill was great. Still delicious. Bannanas in a box is the best thing ever
- We visit China Grill oftenLVCoupleVIPDined on 7/11/2012We visit China Grill often and enjoy it each time.Special Features:
- I would not go back there.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2012I would not go back there. the resturant was empty. all of the food was served before we were half way through our first drink and was not even very warm...it was if it was all pre prepared. the entire meal took 40 mins. For the cost it was not a good dining experience. If I wanted fast food I would have gone to mcdonalds.....
- Outstanding as always. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/22/2012Outstanding as always. One of our favorite restaurants Our server Brian served me two nights , one with a group and one night for just 2. He is unbelievable, One of the very best servers in the world.Special Features:
- low value for the food. GrosslyHarryVIPDined on 6/18/2012low value for the food. Grossly over priced given the venue and basically chinese dinner.
- If you have never been toLuckyLady101Dined on 6/13/2012If you have never been to China Grill you must give it a try. Outstanding in every way shape and form.Special Features:
- Too Bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012Not comparble to NYC. This was second visit to LAS China Grill. Same food experience. Outstanding Duck Salad, down hill from there! Rush the presentation to the table. First visit waiter spilled food on my guest this visit waiter spilled glass of wine but in the lap of guest of table next door. Waiters need to relax and let the customer enjoy the experience. Kitchen is on the same mo, rush it out. Could be good with a bit of extra care & time. Will pass on visit three.
- A big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012The food was bland and uninteresting. It was described as Asian fusion but certainly wasn't. This restaurant is only for those who have never eaten authentic Asian food or don't like it.
- Pretty tired and underwhelming.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2012Pretty tired and underwhelming. A good restaurant in its day but kind of running on fumes now.
- The tasting menu was a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2012The tasting menu was a perfect way to enjoy a dinner with six people.Special Features:
- Horrible Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/14/2012Horrible meal in a noisy atmosphere! Terrible experience! Would not recommend the restaurant to anyone!
- Really good food and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2012Really good food and very nice atmosphere. Service is a bit odd as within the first 3-4 minutes it seemed like we have 3 different waiters. Kind of confusing (not only for us but for them as well).Special Features:
- We had an awesome experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012We had an awesome experience. The waiters were very intelligent and friendly. The food was exquisite!Special Features:
- a very poor experienceTheJackalVIPDined on 4/29/2012I am an M Life Platinum member as well as a American Express Centurion card holder that visits LAS often. We arrived about 17 minutes after our scheduled reservation I apologized to the hostess and she informed me that tables are held only 15 min's after the reservation (The restaurant had only about 4 tables occupied) the hostess wasnt polite, we went to the bar but they only had Macallan 18 (instead of my usual 12 or 15) no Johnnie Walker Blk or Green either..We settled for Patron rocks. The food lacked flavor, the server Nacie wasnt that great and for $160 there are many other options to consider for a 2 person dinner. I will not be returning to this restaurant.
- I've been to the enormousRipleyeatsDined on 4/21/2012I've been to the enormous China Grill in South Beach, Miami so when I arrived in Vegas for a conference and needed a late dinner I chose the China Grill in Mandalay Bay Casino/Resort. I hope the food was the by-product of a casino location and not the direction the whole chain is going. It was terribly expensive even though we avoided entrees and just had apps and sides. (i can assume that's a vegas affliction). The food was tasty but nothing special. 2 people, 4 apps/sides and 2 cocktails = $100. Won't go back.
- Excellent food, service, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Excellent food, service, waiter explained everything perfectly, will go back next time in vegas.Special Features:
- Food was good but overpriced. $46OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Food was good but overpriced. $46 for a Szechuan Beef dish with limited & somewhat fatty amount of beef is excessive !
- Upscale Chinese or Asian Chuckie?desertbabyDined on 3/23/2012Apparently very KID friendly because despite the fact we were in Las Vegas the 3 tables surrounding us had small children at them. Very nice ambience of the restaurant ruined for me because it no longer fit with kiddies running about. Perhaps they should consider an area for families.
- ExceptionalOrthopDined on 3/14/2012We were a little skeptical given some of the reviews we had seen. We had a group of 8 guys who went for dinner. Although we were a few minutes late for the reservation, they sat as soon as we got there. We found the wait staff to be very attentive. The food was excellent. All the guys in our group really enjoyed their meals. It was not your typical chinese meal and we all enjoyed trying the variety of dishes. I will certainly go back the next time I am in VegasSpecial Features:
- This is our second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/13/2012This is our second time to this restaurant and the first time was fantastic and this time was not very good. The food was average at best and the server had a "I could care less" attitude. I don't know what happened between the first time and the second, but it is very unlikely that we will go back again.
- Need new management in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/9/2012Our party of 8 arrived 15 minutes late. The restaurant was completely empty and the management told us we had to wait a half hour for our table. There were at least 20 large tables empty. First he said they gave our table away, them he told us they didn't have enough staff. When we were ready to walk out, he managed to seat us. Our waitress was rough, rude, unhappy and unfriendly. Their location in NY is run much better!!! It's obvious why the Vegas location is suffering. Need new management!!!Special Features:
- Skip it.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/5/2012Just okay - I expected better. Pretty pricey for just average food.Special Features:
- We wanted a table; given aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012We wanted a table; given a booth; we're told there were no tables available. Our both was VERY cold and they found us a table to move to. The atmosphere was fine, but hard to read the menu. Our first wait person was confusing about how the menu worked. We had different wait people at the new table and they were very good. We did the tasting as it was "promoted" strongly. It was okay, but would not recommend it to anyone. Would have preferred ordering some different items from the menu, but 2 of our party wanted the tasting and we were told that it was everyone or no one to get the tasting menu.
- Our table was completely inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2012Our table was completely in the dark. We asked for a flashlight, which we got after a long time ane we had to give it up shortly! They need more light or flashlights! Otherwise, very nice.Special Features:
- The food is just mediocre,DeNeceBVIPDined on 2/17/2012The food is just mediocre, this place is too costly for okay food. No authentic flavor. The only item I really liked was the spinach potatoe chips. I will not return.
- We did the tasting menu andDaveDined on 2/16/2012We did the tasting menu and found the food just so-so. The wasabi mashed potatoes didn't task of any wasabi, the fried rice was fried to the point of being hard, the grilled shrimp were hard and inedible, and the freeze-dried spinach leafs were tasteless. The only good thing was the dessert, which obviously was sourced from somewhere else. Don't waste your time with this place.
- I love this place and loveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I love this place and love to bring vendor clients for business dinners here. The food is great and the drinks are to. And I always have a good experience each time I come. Would love to come more often.Special Features:
- food really went downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/13/2012food really went downhill from our last time there 3 yrs. ago. we always go to the new york one which is still good. don't know what happened to las vegas...our entree was almost inedible. we ordered the duck 3 ways...awfulSpecial Features:
- NOT a Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2012Not a Wow! The food was only fair and the waitress kept telling us to order more since they have such small portions. NOT TRUE! We had so much left over food that we didn't even want to take home and a big bill. I eat out weekly and don't recommend this place.
- We were a party of 2 and weOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/12/2012We were a party of 2 and we had the 5 course prix fixe menu for $65/person. I was pleasantly surprised at the portion sizes - it was a lot of food for 2 people. We went on a Sunday night, the Sunday before the Magic clothing show opened up (January). It was not very busy, but unfortunately are service was lacking. While the food came out quickly, our waitress was not very attentive. Our water glasses went unfilled. We had to wait at least 10 minutes for the check. I was disappointed in the service level since it is Vegas after all, and it was not busy at all.Special Features: