406 Main Street
Windsor, CO 80550Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chimneypark.com/
- Phone: 9706861477
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Monday through Saturday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shaeffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chimney Park offers off site catering drop off and set up.
- Private Party Facilities: Chimney Park has two separate dining rooms and can be reserved for completely private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Shaeffer or James Gurley 9706861477
- Entertainment: Patio viewing Windsor Lake and Boardwalk Park open seasonally. Summer Concert Series features free live music at Boardwalk Park every Thursday evening in the summer months, concerts can easily be seen and heard from Chimney Park patio. Check Town of Windsor's website for a full list of events and activities.
A word from Chimney Park
Chimney Park Restaurant and Bar has a warm and inviting atmosphere combined with a straight forward approach to cuisine. The menu reflects seasonality and items produced within the region. Exceptional service and an award winning wine program will assure you an outstanding dining experience. Menus include an a la carte and 4 course chef's tasting. Chef and owner, Jason Shaeffer, embraces a refined but casual style in cuisine and dining. Shaeffer trained under renowned chefs Thomas Keller (Per Se) and Terrance Brennan (Artisanal) in New York City. He most recently opened 1500 Ocean at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego gaining local and national accolades. Chef Shaeffer's vision is to create a destination dining spot in Northern Colorado. Chimney Park Restaurant and Bar is conveniently located between Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley; Chimney Park is a short drive from I-25 to historic downtown Windsor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chimney Park - Best Restaurants in Windsor ›
Chimney Park reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (68)romantic (64)notable wine list (62)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always an amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I love Chimney Park. My husband and I go there for anniversaries, birthdays, anytime we feel like celebrating. This last visit was for one of their monthly food and wine pairings, and that was really fun. We sat at the bar, and all the food was outstanding, and truly exceptional when paired with the wine. The Wine Dude (I'm not much for fancy titles) was really knowledgeable about both the wine and the food, and the service was great. We plan to go back again soon. (Oh, and if you go, fellow diner, you MUST try the mushroom cappuccino (soup), a favorite of ours made with local Hazel Dell mushrooms.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!ChuckDined on 9/25/2014Had not eaten here in a while, and that is a mistake! Everything about this place is first class. Food is eclectic, fresh, prepared perfectly, and presented tastefully. O this visit my wife and I had the rib eye dinner and it was prepared perfectly and tasted great. The medley of pear preparations for dessert was truly unique and a wonderful dessert experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayColoradoFoodiesDined on 9/20/2014Anniversary dinner. Not something we can afford very often so we really look forward to it and it never disappoints. It doesn't stand out from the outside; just one more store front along a strip of offices and other restaurants. The interior is nice enough but nothing extraordinary which exactly the way it should be. It is dressy/casual, quiet, and neither too dark nor brightly lit. It is the food you come for and the food is outstanding. I lack the writing skill to do it justice,all I can say is a week later I'm still thinking about the shrimp and grits, the lamb, and the wine. Excellent martinis, too. Service was excellent. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the wines and the menu and very professional while still being pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDesperatelySeekingDinnerDined on 9/20/2014We visited for an Anniversary dinner, referred by a friend. It was elegant in setting, amazing in a dining experience, and perfectly timed for service. While you can seemingly never be far enough away from a nearby cell phone, this was still a near perfect experience! Thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The best food in Northern Colorado and one of my favortie restuarants anywhere.Special Features:
- Windsor? Who would've known!!YumYumDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went to Chimney Park for the first time last night for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I had seen them on Open Table at Valentine's day and since then had wanted to check it out. It was so worth the 1 hr drive from Denver! The ambiance is wonderful, with the brick walls and small tables. Very clean! We decided to go with the Chef's tasting menu, wanting to really open up and see what they had to offer. The food was fabulous. Beautifully plated and so aromatic! You truly used all your senses when eating here! The wait staff was awesome. Always quick to fill water, but not rushing in any way. The four course meal was paced perfectly. We were so full, but we couldn't stand the thought of leaving any food on the plates.Special Features:
- gopenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Chimney Park sets the standard for fine dining in the area. They don't (as far as I know) have any competition and could get away with a lot less but they don't let that sway how hard they work to provide high quality food and an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Off the beaten trackFredVIPDined on 9/12/2014In the town of little sleepy Windsor lies this superb restaurant where owner/chef Jason puts together consistently amazing combinations for the palate. Small and intimate with excellent service and a great wine list. Go there, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!!!!!!!!gratia23Dined on 9/11/2014There was not one thing that we ordered that we would not recommend--everything had great flavor and was fresh. The heirloom tomatoes that came with the lamb trio were amazing!!!!! The best part of every meal: dessert. We ordered the sorbet and the creme brulee. The watermelon sorbet was light, crisp and delicious. The creme brulee was very good--love it when the carmelized top needs a few taps before it breaks open to creamy custardy goodness. We look forward to dining there again very soon.Special Features:
- nice dinneradinerDined on 9/9/2014The food was mostly well executed. Some dishes didn't meet that level. Standouts were the salmon tartare and the beef entree. Not - so - good parts were a cooked to death foie, a wincingly sour beet and salad, and a dry three milk cake. Aside from the little issues in some of the dishes, you can tell that the kitchen cares about the right thing namely cooking delicious food. All in all it was one of the better dinners I've had in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinneroutDined on 9/6/2014Windsor is lucky to have a restaurant as special as Chimney Park. It is pricey so definitely for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine & Food Pairinggreg091054Dined on 8/31/2014The food and wine pairing the last Sunday of the month is always fun. To add to the pairings, we also had the antipasto plate which was outstanding as well. The gnudi, was creamy with just the right amount of sauce and played perfect against the Spanish white. The Cantonese influenced meatballs had a touch of heat and went well with the zin. The antipasto plate was visually striking and the sopressa was a favorite as well as the yellow beets. For dessert, the degustation of pears was sublime and a perfect way to end the evening. Our server, Sarah, was an absolute gem. Friendly but not intrusive, and quite helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014We were so happy with everything about Chimney Park. Can't say enough good things.Special Features:
- goodDined on 8/25/2014This restaurant is a wonderful find in northern Colorado.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed this experience very much. We each chose the Chef's Tasting, and the different combinations of ingredients and sauces was amazing. The Angus beef was outstanding, and the corn chowder soup with haddock was a knockout. We were there on a Monday evening, and the crowd was small which was enjoyable. Waitstaff was very knowledgable and courteous. We will look forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!MikeyDined on 8/23/2014Everything about this restaurant was superb. Worth the 1 hour drive from Denver. Casually elegant, and un-pretentious. The salmon entre was excellent and perfectly cooked. Every dish was creative, in both taste and presentation. Truly worthy of a 5 Star rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ValleyviewDined on 8/23/2014Hands down, that was the best meal I have ever had! The entire experience was wonderful in every way. Our waiter was knowledgable, perceptive, gracious, accommodating, timely- simply fantastic! There really are no words to properly express how what a wonderful evening we had! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful EveningeatwhereDined on 8/22/2014You can't beat this restaurant. It is such a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's TastingPopsDined on 8/21/2014We had the Chef's tasting and it was excellent. Flavors, flavors, flavors! You can taste the farm to table that Chimney Park is known for. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- First visit in years ...VannolaDined on 8/16/2014We chose Chimney Park for our 50th anniversary dinner, based on a recommendation from a friend (we were there years ago.) Liked the understated interior décor. Considered sitting outside, but noticed several people constantly flapping at flies, so declined outside seating. Overall, the food was wonderful, especially the artichoke and crab soup. My scallop dish lacked flavor -- needed some zip. Husband declared his crab cakes and bass dinner excellent. Dessert was terrific and the coffee (Jackie's Java) was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. I especially enjoyed the subtle and low-decibel music selections -- it is rare anymore to find a restaurant where one can actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful date night experiencehappywifeDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I decided to try out Chimney Park after many months of debating on going or not. We had the chef's choice. It was amazing! The food was delicious and having a surprise for each course was fun! We each had a completely different meal. This restaurant is definitely worth the slightly higher cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!rtbjjcDined on 8/15/2014Just spent our 10th anniversary at Chimney Park and had a wonderful experience. My husband loved the Black Angus Ribeye. I made some special requests from the chef; I tend to love vegetables and hoped he could tailor to my preferences. The entire experience was impressive - every dish was so beautiful and tasty and unique. This chef is obviously passionate about what he does and works to please those who eat here. We are looking forward to going back to Chimney Park again and would highly recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrnfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Have read multiple 5 star reviews from multiple sources and had to try for our anniversary. Had experienced a small tease from this amazing chef at 5 chefs and 5 farms dinner and was amazed. Dinner was incredible! We had the shrimp and grits and tuna tartare appetizer - highly recommend. The shrimp and grits my favorite. For our main course we both tried the colorado lamb 3 ways - belly, rub and tenderloin - we requested rare preparation and for the first time ever it was cooked to the true meaning of rare - Absolutely delicious. We opted to pass on dessert but were brought two delicious chocolate truffles in honor of our anniversary. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainScottishdmcDined on 8/12/2014Anniversary supper. Everyone friendly and professional. Scott was great and accommodating to our wishes. Food was Excellant and of right size. Recommended wine was very good. A place I would recommend to folks that appreciate great food and service.Special Features:
- Best birthday dinner ever!FoodSceneDined on 8/11/2014We almost cancelled our reservation for my birthday dinner as the previous night we returned home to a broken pipe, water leak and a mess! After spending all night and day dealing with that we very nearly decided not to go out--boy would that have been a big mistake! From the moment we walked in and were seated we were able to take a deep breath and relax. James took such good care of us all evening and the food....ohhhhhh the food! Shrimp & grits appetizer--simply amazing! We shared the bison and the scallops which were both spectacular. James made the perfect suggestion for a lovely Pinot Noir. We've traveled pretty extensively and eaten many fine meals, but Chimney Park--right here in my home town-- is truly a "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- A Michelin starAMichelinloverDined on 8/10/2014A Michelin star hidden in Windsor. If you are a foodie, don’t cheat yourself off this great places, prices are fair, the vine list are out of this world, if you think about where you are. Surprises your wife, girlfriend or mother in law, give them a great taste of honest food made with love.Special Features:
- Best in the Front RangeDAaaVIPDined on 8/9/2014The most knowledgeable wait staff. The food is delicious too.Special Features:
- worth a trip to windsorfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Stunning design of restaurant, stunning presentation of food, fabulous taste. Steak beautifully prepared, medium rare as ordered. Fois Gras terrine was delicious, with that perfect silky texture. Scallop carpaccio not to be missed as well. Waiter paired some lovely wines. Best priced, most generous pour on a single malt ever. Loved the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice special occasionSherryDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was as well. I added a private note but it told me I exceeded the characters so I will just add here that the noise level was very high and we had a hard time having a conversation, which one would expect as such an expensive and high caliber restaurant.Special Features:
- Gourmet dining in WindsorBarbDined on 8/8/2014Always delicious and love having exquisite dining in our small town neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art on a PlateLizabethDined on 8/8/2014We've been eating at Chimney Park Bistro for over nine years and feel so fortunate that such an excellent restaurant is in our hometown of Windsor, Colorado! The menu changes with the seasons and Chef Jason taps into local sources for cheeses, veggies, etc. to work his wonders. Like a fine painting, he dishes up art on a plate with layers of intricate flavors and color. This restaurant is prime without being arrogant. The service is attentive, but not intrusive. Savor the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect dinnerthewheelDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time and we were wowed. Robert was our excellent host and server for the night. Very personable and attentive. A true professional. John, the Sou chef was on hand to make our meal an incredible journey of visually appealing and tasteful delights. (sorry for over doing it but this place is an amazing restaurant in our opinion) Having eaten at Bouchon in Napa, the sister restaurant to French Laundry, Chimney Park may not have the same ambiance/location of the wine country, but the food is over the top and the service made it that much more special for our anniversary. Thank you Robert and John. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Online Reservations Need WorkRussDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good. Service was very good. Staff was friendly and accommodating with the exception noted below. Open Table online reservation system was lacking. Limited to reservations at 8:15 pm but when we showed up at 7:00 pm for cocktails, were seated at the bar in our reserved seats which were available. No effort to find us a table and seating at the bar was not optimal. Otherwise, a good experience.
- Always wonderful!IreneVIPDined on 7/28/2014Enjoyed a delicious meal, service was fantastic and we always enjoy sitting on the patio! Always a great experience!Special Features:
- favorite placeHeatherVIPDined on 7/26/2014this is always my favorite place to eat... i get excited when i know we are dining thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had an amazing time at Chimney Park… amazing food, service, atmosphere… everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Best food in northern Colorado, hands down. Very romantic atmosphere, wait staff are the best and most knowledgeable around. Couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalibutSandowDined on 7/24/2014Where else can you get fresh halibut? Says it all. Service is always excellent. Wine list is unbelievable for a small restaurant. Always love the Chef bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BebackDined on 7/23/2014As always...Need to go back soon to try the watermelon salad.Special Features:
- cmaderlucyloveitDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful dinner for my daughters 16th birthday. The food was excellent as will as the service. Will definitely be a first choice for special occasions. I liked the small size of the restaurant which lends to the special treatment by the staff. Loved it and can't wait to go again.Special Features: