368 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.billwhiterestaurantgroup.com/chimayo.html
- Phone: 4356496222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Arturo Flores
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact our Sales and Events Department for specific information. 435-649-7850 or Tracy Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 4th Street
- Public Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid parking on Main Street from 11am-8pm, 7 days a week. Free parking behind Chimayo in the China Bridge Parking Structure four hour limits. Excluding Sundance Festival.
A word from Chimayo
Step through our door and you will feel as if you leaped across the border. Start with a signature Chimayo Margarita, a locals favorite, next try the stuffed Avocado Salad, or the not to miss.Arturo’s Tortilla Soup; his grandmother's recipe, and the cult favorite, Crown Roast of Barbecue Spareribs. Chimayo has something for everyone, cozy booths, fireplaces, children's options and great service. After a long day on the mountain Chimayo is not to be missed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Chimayo - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Chimayo reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (35)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (14)hot spot (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good food and fun atmospherebusinessandfuntravelDined on 9/12/2014The food was very unique and the atmosphere was fun. The food took longer to get to our table than we expected. May have been because there was a large group in the bar upstairs. Overall it was a fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious SouthwesternakharbsDined on 9/10/2014I love Chimayo, having been here two other times on trips to Park City. It IS pricey, and especially for a group. I came with four other family members, and the price of food was steep. That said, the food was delicious -- top notch. From ceviche to vegetarian options, meat and fish options, we all loved our meals. Our waitstaff were attentive, but the kitchen was slow -- it took a long time between our appetizer and main course. I planned for this restaurant before we came as a special night out, and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Mrs Anne BrandenburgmrscookieDined on 9/10/2014Took my two boys and their wives to a dinner to celebrate being together. We had the most enjoyable time, food was very good. I liked that it was unique but still not too unusual...just great ingredients done right. From the moment we walked in the door, we were all treated like royalty. Provided for a very memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Chimayo has amazing food. But unlike many high end "foodie" restaurants, Chimayo is not pretentious or snobby. It is down to earth and has a very warm and friendly atmosphere. I'm not a foodie and I'm not used to high-end southwestern cuisine. I wondered if it would be worth the high prices, would it be that much better than a good mexican or southwestern restaurant? The answers were yes and yes! I had the chicken with nachos and it was incredible. My wife had the halibut which was served with this delicious sauce. Don't fill up too much on the yummy bread, you need to save room for the amazing entrees. This place is not cheap so for my budget it is only for special occasions, but I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMel44Dined on 9/5/2014Amazing!! Loved the atmosphere and the food was amazing!!Special Features:
- Wonderful weeknight outcomfortfoodieDined on 9/3/2014It was a nice evening with friends and good food. The halibut was delicious!Special Features:
- Southwest but expensiveCintiKidVIPDined on 9/3/2014Superb avocado salads - enjoyed very much. The halibut special had a lot of wonderful accompaniments, but the fish itself was without taste. order carefully in this very expensive restaurant (nice decor) in the heart of Main street Old Town.Special Features:
- Decent food, but expensive and oddCarolVIPDined on 8/31/2014We'd seen Chimayo many times and it looked so charming, we decided to try it. It started OK- but when our waiter began to take our order, he was paged by the chef and said he had to attend to that page immediately. It was the chef's rule to drop everything and go to the kitchen when paged. OK. that was odd, but thought if the intent was to deliver the food immediately so it was hot, that's a good thing. I could not bring myself to order ahi tacos for $44 (TACOS!), or scallops for $48, so I got a salad and a small, appetizer eggplant burrito. It was cold- argh. Other dishes were good (fajitas, watermelon salad). There was a lot of tension between the staff, and yelling could be heard near the kitchen. Probably wouldn't go again.
- A local favOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Chimayo is always a safe bet for nice atmosphere combined with good food. It's definitely expensive but the dishes are delicious and it's a great place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional and comfortableFoxymikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I love to dine here and it never disappoints. The flavors are unique, the service is always top notch, all in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!jdiffyDined on 8/19/2014We were there on a very busy Tuesday evening; but were treated as if we were the only ones there. Season was a knowledgeable and personable server; very pleasant and attentive. And the food! So delicious! We loved our experience. Thank you.Special Features:
- DisappointedFreshfoodie84Dined on 8/17/2014Chimayo was my favorite of the Bill White group, however my last meal was disappointing. The halibut was dry and tasteless, The veggies with it were salty and overcooked. My friend had the elk, with my recommendation, and it was tough. My preference has become more "farm to table" and I will gladly travel to SLC for Scott Evans' (Pago and Finca) fare!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Thought food was overall okay. Was very expensive, even for Park City!
- No big dealhungry4realfoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014I was vacationing and it was highly recommended. The food was very expensive. The quantity of food was modest. The chile releno was fair, an eggplant dish was fair, the avocado salad was good but not worth the expense. I would pass.Special Features:
- A Park City Must!!FrequentDinerDined on 8/11/2014Had a wonderful Birthday Dinner for my wife and two friends! The food was PERFECT and the complimentary cake such a nice touch! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here. They have the best chicken tortilla soup I've ever had. The whole meal was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat!Luv2eatDined on 8/2/2014The decor was amazing, good was delicious and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Always consistant. Amazing food every time!!! A Park City favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable, Great ExperienceSLCdineguyDined on 7/25/2014Satisfying choice to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Great unique and cozy ambience with awesome decor, and we loved the booth for two. We came during a busy time and took a while to get approached by our server which was understandable. Menu was a bit more pricey than I expected, with the cheapest menu item being $36. I went with the nacho stuffed chicken breast which was beautifully and perfectly prepared, I don't know if quite worth $36 though. It is a place to get away to the southwest in your mind and great for a trip to park city for a special occasion. Will definitely return, perhaps for my girlfriend's next birthday (if she still likes me by then).Special Features:
- Dining pointsRJ10VIPDined on 7/25/2014They took almost a week to acknowledge that we ate there and post dining points.
- Amazing!yumfoodDined on 7/13/2014We came to Chimayo for our honeymoon and we absolutely LOVED it! The staff was quick with refills and bread. Our waiter, Lee, was.incredibly knowledgeable about the menu and ingredients. I aske him the name of a sauce and he told me all of the ingredients. The assistant manager was very accommodating! She congratulated us several times and brought us a free dessert. The food was divine! I was very curious about the food at first, a southwestern mexican with french flair. I was blown away by the taste and presentation. I highly recommended the duck enchiladas and the ribs. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmichellejuneDined on 7/11/2014Had the best dinner ever and the service was great. We started off with some great margaritas and a salad and then tried the ceviche which was so yummy. Then for dinner we had the spare ribs which were the best I've ever had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealStldixieDined on 7/2/2014Chimayo is consistently excellent. Another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Park City's best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/14/2014The food at Chinayo has so much flavor. It combines Spanish flare with many great ingredients of the Mountain West (e.g. Buffalo).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingTheEnglishguyDined on 6/13/2014Chimayo never disappoints. Love the elk and the pork spare rib crown is a must try entree. Duck enchilada appetizer is a winner. Wine list is a good way to try some lesser known South American and Spanish wines. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Great place, except for ThursdayGanymebeDined on 6/12/2014During the summer, the Bill White restaurants have special menus one day a week. For Chimayo, it's Thursday. We have eaten here many, many times and it is one of our favorites. However, the Thursday night specials were a letdown. Clearly not the same caliber of food as their normal menu. We did the similar special evening at another Bill White restaurant, Grappa, and it was excellent. So, eat at Chimayo, but stick to the normal menu. The ribs and trout are excellent.Special Features:
- Romantic & delicioustdavidoDined on 6/7/2014We love eating at all Bill White restaurants, but during the low season they are an even better experience. The cozy 2 person booths are romantic & comfortable. Great wine list. Very good service, and amazing food. The mussels were high quality & delicious. The rib rack was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICDined on 6/5/2014What a great Mexican restaurant at a great price, The food was fantastic and Mike is the best waiter. We had the chili relleno and wow. Also the standing Crown Roast of Barbecued Spareribs are fantastic.Special Features:
- Fabulous celebration dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Our party of 5 were celebrating my son's college graduation and we're so glad we chose to dine at Chimayo! The food and service were outstanding. The hostess handled my (several) changes in reservation time with humor and saved a nice table for us due to the fact we were celebrating a special event. Also loved the decor.Special Features:
- LeftoversOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/27/2014The food was awesome! The service was great! Hostess was a sweetheart! Sad that we left are to go boxes behind. We ordered desert to go as well. So we didn't even get to try it :0(. I would of went back but we were the last table of the night. So they were closed. Over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistantlocalDined on 5/23/2014This is consistently an excellent choice. Their dishes are creative, fresh and delicious. This small, intimate restaurant is a local favorite with local dishes (trout tacos, elk steaks, etc) presented with complimentary and pleasing sides.Special Features:
- Excellent menualinchainsDined on 5/23/2014Great place for something different. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I rememberedFoodLuvRDined on 5/22/2014I've been here many times over the years. Maybe I expected too much as I was bringing a guest who'd never been here, but the prices were much higher than I remembered, the food was good--not great, and the noise level was very high. We ate at The Edge a couple of nights before, which is rated very high for steak houses and expensive, yet the food was less costly, much better, and the atmosphere quiet enough that we could talk without yelling.
- Fantastic ExperienceEmberSoulDined on 5/20/2014Came in with a group of six for dinner. The service was friendly, professional and the food & recommendations were great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 225 reviews are from the Chimayo reviews archive.
- High end Southwest diningEPabloDined on 5/17/2014We don't eat a lot of meat but when we do we pick game or buffalo. We ordered the sugarcane elk appetizer. Outstandingly creative. We had two salads, beet arugula and stuffed avocado. Also excellent quality. We shared roasted veggie enchiladas. Chimayo spends a lot of time on presentation. Each plate is as much a piece of art as it is a culinary treat. Food portions are generous. Rustic ambiance and seating is unique. Booths are split with a wood panel topped with wrought iron. A couple sits side by side but I would not call it private. Server and support staff were very attentive and knowledgable. Like most of Utah the wine pour is stingy. Overall great dining experience but pricey, as you would expect in a resort town.Special Features:
- YummieOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/8/2014lovely decor, super service with wonderful options for every course - a definite do again!Special Features:
- Off season visitckusafaDined on 5/6/20145/7/14--We just passed through PC on x-c trip...tried for reservations at Talisker and other local hot spots but they were closed for the off-season. Chimayo was still spot-on with great service and amazing food--highly recommend the lamb osso bucco with a serrano chile fused margaritaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experienceluv2gatherDined on 5/3/2014Our group of 7 had a truly wonderful dining experience at Chimayo. The server was friendly and attentive (without being intrusive), and the food and drinks were noteworthy. There was not a single issue with anyone's selection, and we were able to enjoy ourselves without feeling rushed. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double thumbs upkunzjobDined on 4/29/2014Phenomenal food- taste and appearance. Exotic menu items include elk steak, bison steak, and a couple fresh selections of seafood. Margaritas were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 days laterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Even two days later, I can't stop thinking about the elk. So Good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.