Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
8010 Towers Crescent Drive # 100
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: (703) 639-3080
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group sizes up to 130 guests in the VIP Room
- Private Party Contact: Christina Mohr 8773306377
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (194)good for groups (152)fit for foodies (116)romantic (78)notable wine list (60)hot spot (38)kid-friendly (34)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (22)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Loved the food, plenty of meat options you will leave this place with a full stomach. Not in the best location located off Route 7. However, once you make it to the restaurant it's definitely worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaddDined on 9/8/2014You will live this place! Pricy, but totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!MsMeghannDined on 9/6/2014Took the husband here for his birthday after not having been there for several years. The meat options are pretty ridiculous -- too many to count, so you can easily get your fill. Even if meat isn't your thing, the salad/sides bar is also easy to fill up on. I was pretty disappointed in the wine list however, especially per glass. Estancia for $10 a glass, J. Lohr for $12. Really nothing to write home about -- and they charged me an extra $3 on the Chima Cosmo for Grey Goose -- which I didn't ask for and isn't noted on the menu. Not that much, but certainly not cool.Special Features:
- Excellent meat/fish choicesDadamDined on 9/6/2014Once again, Chima did not disappoint us. We had outstanding service by all and we did not have to wait long for the meat/fish to arrive. Highly recommended! We were there for our anniversary and the restaurant surely did not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUNMotherOfMeatEaterDined on 9/2/2014We took 3 teenage boys and they had the time of their life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd TimeFineDineDined on 9/1/2014We first visited the Chima in Fort Lauderdale and they told us there was one in Maryland, which is where we live. It is definitely one of my absolute favorite restaurants. Fogo De Chao is good, but Chima is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingMeatloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very disappointing to see one of my favorite places not deliver so well this past weekend. Service right off the bat was lackluster with the waiter "German" simply not there to wait tables or be bothered in earning a tip. Kept us waiting for every part of the service, from wine and drink orders to other sides, and finally to even the bill, which he reluctantly brought over. Talk about a major disconnect! The meats, usually are the best around in the DC area, were dry/cold, even after repeat requests for certain cuts, we were presented with very tired cuts. This was peak time, we just don't get it. It felt like they had taken their success for granted. Hope the mgr sees this and shakes up the house a bit. We do want a reason to return!Special Features:
- Delicious food & friendly serversLuvtodineoutDined on 8/31/2014Great for birthdays! They give you cake and a photo of your group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but looseNicholasDined on 8/23/2014Meat and salad bar were good. Service and side dishes need work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday celebrationTeDaJoCaDined on 8/23/2014It was outstanding. I already passed this restaurant address and the best information to the teachers I work with and all my friends. I live in Stafford , VA but every time I have a chance, I will go back to Chimas. Originally, I'm from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, where all the best Brazilian steakhouses are located and Chimas is, without no doubt, the best steakhouse(churrascaria). Thanks for the wonderful time. My family enjoyed Chimas in the same way I did.Special Features:
- service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Food was good but service was horrible. There was no meat guy visiting our table for more than half hour & I actually had to requested the waiter to ask them to bring the meats over. Overall it's even worth our money to come here.Special Features:
- Misleading as to Restrauant WeekFrederickDined on 8/21/2014Myself and three (3) friend took advantage of the Restaurant Week Promotion which was $35.11 assuming that it would be the same menu as their regular $50.00 price. To my surprise, after starting my meal I was told by the waiter that this promotion did not include lamb meats or several steaks. Which would have been acceptable had it been noted in the promotional ad that was emailed to me. We drove an hour that Thursday evening for dinner because we were expecting the same meal that we have gotten in the past for full price. Additionally we were not offered the salmon or sword fish until the very end of the meal even though I had mentioned it to the waiter. All that been said, the meal and service and food was outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatiatedKeiLuvDined on 8/20/2014The food was great. We had to ask the servers for certain meat as it seems some of the carriers were not walking to our side of the restaurant. The people on both sides of us had to request the same thing. Other than that, the food was great, beautiful decor.Special Features:
- servicezaazooDined on 8/20/20143rd visit to this establishment. First two were xcellant. This time service was poor. Arrived at 745 and about 845 servers were few and far between. Had to constantly request delivery of specific items. This establishment is very expensive .. needs to provide top shelf food and service all the time. If I return I would go early in the eve. Service seems to determinate as night grew laterSpecial Features:
- 4 Hour DinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/20/2014It was Restaurant Week (08/20) during the time we came in and we had been here several times before. Service was awful- the rodizio servers were coming by every 10-15 minutes. We asked our server (Derek-team06) for specific seafood to be brought to us, they never did. It was extremely loud and the overall experience was sloppy and not efficient. The server disappeared several times and we did not see him frequently when we needed additional beverages. The lack of communication was awful that we could not wait to leave.We were there for 4 hours and needless to say, we will not be back anytime soon.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Everything was great food service. Going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSteveDined on 8/18/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect. The salad bar was exceptional, the service was "just right", and the endless meat was all well prepared and tasty.Special Features:
- GREAT!!!!FutureDLJDined on 8/17/2014Amazing Restaurant!! Food was phenomenal and the service was SPECTACULAR!! I plan on going many times in the future.Special Features:
- Meat on SticksxkingjamezDined on 8/17/2014I love beef and most kinds of different meats! I went with my girlfriend on the last day of Restaurant Week. The parking around the area was not so great. I was happy with the menu and ate many different meats. I did not like the fish choices at all because it was really dry even with the sauce they offered on the side or on top. The salad bar always gets me and I might want to avoid it in order to have more room for the AYCE meat. I will most likely come back for a special occasion or with friends.Special Features:
- Chima Chima ChimaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Chima is excellent. So much food a fatboy dream, I also reccomend the brazilian limeade its awesome as well if you don't feel like buying a $30 bottle of wine. My favorites are the fried bananas chicken and garlic steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima Brazilian Steakhouse ReviewstewartdsVIPDined on 8/16/2014I recently visited this restaurant for the first time for and was very satisfied with the food. I had been to Fogo de Chao in DC, so I was familiar with how the restaurant operated. The food here was better in my opinion, and our waiter was very nice. We came during restaurant week, so it was super busy. The only complaint I have is that it seems like the staff with the skewers were not distributed around enough. We kept being offered the same meats, & had to ask our waiter multiple times for the Filet Mignon, and any other meats that we specifically wanted. That kind of took away from the experience, but I am willing to return on another night that is not restaurant week so that I can get a better experience.Special Features:
- First TimeFrankDined on 8/16/2014This was my first at Chima. It was a terrific experience! The food was perfectly cooked and the salad bar was excellent. The only issue was that I had to keep asking the waiter for the higher level meats (Filet, Lamb, etc.) to be served to our table. But they came within a few minutes.. Thanks for the great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfood4lifeDined on 8/16/2014I had the pleasure of coordinating my friend's birthday dinner and I wanted to go somewhere different. I took a chance and made reservations at Chima and let's just say that we had a winner!! The food was delicious especially the beef ribs, they melt in your mouth and season perfectly; the service was excellent, we had two servers at all time in addition to the rotation of meat servers; and I can't wait to go back. We had reservations and wasn't seated until 20 minutes after our reservation but it was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- I expected more....MikeDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went to Chima and the service was great and we had a wonderful bottle of wine. The buffet is really over the top but I expected more out of the meats. As the meats were brought by the table they seemed to be hit or miss which surprised me. It was also very noisy in the restaurant which was distracting. I can't say I had a bad time but I did expect more from the place and it did not hit the mark.Special Features:
- Awesome find!JordanDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed this evening. The food, service and atmosphere was Awesome! My tip for any newbie would be to pace yourself. Don't go too strong on the salad bar at first. I tapped out way too soon. Overall, the food was great. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian SteakhouseBrianJVIPDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant week is upon us and the big question is how does Chima compare to Fogo? Let's start out with the atmosphere - Chima wins here much better bar scene and outside seating was amazing for after dinner cocktail or coffee. Salad bar - both are very good but Fogo has this amazing bacon. I think more salad options at Chima (types of lettuce). Chima was much more kid friendly and had a good noise level. I think the meat at Chima could have had more dry rub seasoning but did enjoy the variety of dipping sauces very much. All in All I would go back to Chima for a special night or more likely a cocktail party on the patio.Special Features:
- Promise KeptYanniVIPDined on 8/16/2014Several years ago, we promised one of our adult children a visit to a Brazilian Steakhouse. It didn't work out that year, and we kept trying. We finally made it. The mixed reviews on this and other sites caused a bit of heartburn, but we gave it a go. It was well worth the experience. We were late for our reservation, but we had called and were seated promptly and courteously. The salad bar would have been enough, a great assortment, visually appealing and well prepared. I don't know where complaints about slow churrasqueiros came from. We couldn't flip our cards to "No Thanks" fast enough. With the exception of the salmon (cooked a bit too much for my taste) and the chicken (dry) it was great. Once every 5 years, though.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014This was a nice place to try for our special occasion (15 yr anniversary). However, the attention to detail from our waiter was lacking. He didn't even mention anything about our anniversary even though it was part of the reservation notes. Other high-end restaurants that we've visited for our anniversary have commented and/or made it special. Just felt like another customer at this restaurant :( We went during restaurant week, but upgraded our menu options but that was a waste because the additional "meats" that were included with the upgrade only came around 2 times.Special Features:
- You'll Need a Big AppetiteTheBestWifeyDined on 8/16/2014All I can say is wear something with an elastice waistband. The food was excellent and it just keeps coming. The salad bar was very good; Chimas's had more of a varity of selections. All and all, my husband enjoyed himself and that all that matters. Check it out, don't let the price scare you away; its worth every penny.Special Features:
- Fit for KingsNemoDined on 8/16/2014From the valet service, the warm reception at the front desk and the awesome assortment of food...everything was special at Chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Debauchery!OzuoVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is amazing. Usually buffet is synonymous with low quality but not at Chima. The Filet Mignon and the Lamb Chops are insanely good and of excellent quality. The sides (Salads, soups, carbs, etc.) are to die for... The only concern is to make sure you don't over eat and make a pig of yourself..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, great spotKroheDined on 8/15/2014The food itself was so far above expectations that I can't even put it into words. The tables themselves are close, but not so close that you're bumping elbows or sharing dishes. The staff are friendly and knowledgable. Only complaint - the dress code could be refined. Far too many people in halter tops and short shorts for what should be an upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMsYummyDined on 8/15/2014I came during restaurant week and was disappointed they had two options for menus, one for the $35 didn't include lamb. To get the lamb, we had to choose the $50 menu. I also thought this place was a good choice because they had fish on the menu. Well... The salmon and swordfish was dry and the sauces they offer do not add any flavor. They really need to learn temperature for fish and to teach the servers steak temperatures. I asked for medium well twice and the steaks were well done. Lastly, their mash potatoes have a runny consistency. Go to Texas de Brazil not Chima.Special Features:
- Very satisfying dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner here. The meat selection and taste was very good. The salad bar was also stocked with very good food. The service was slow, but in all fairness, this was during restaurant week so it could be that there were just too many people. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Restaurant week's findJamgalanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Although I was happy that Chima was on restaurant week, there was a slight disappointment just from me, because I go to churrascaria just because of lamb leg and lamb chop. I had to pay full/regular price to get my favorites. Other then that, everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- An Overrated SteakhouseSteakconnoisseurDined on 8/15/2014The meats were dry and not well seasoned. The wine list was not impressive. Service was just ok. There're other Brazilian steakhouses to which I'd rather go.Special Features:
- Great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014The "salad" bar alone is worth the trip. "Salad" is a vast understatement. There are 3 kinds of meat and 2 kinds of seafood, plus cheeses, in addition to the usual salad bar fare. Different cuts of beef, chicken, pork and lamb are brought to your table on skewers and you take as much or as little of each as you want. The variety alone is well worth the trip. This is a steal at Restaurant Week prices and the usual price of $52.50 per person at other times is a very fair price, compared with other restaurants and steakhouses. We will be back! (I really wish they would offer a reduced price for the salad bar alone as an option, but they might sell a lot less meat if they did.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and salad bar good but jippedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for restaurant week. What they don't tell you is none of the best meats, filet mignon w bacon, lamb, and lamb chops, do not come with the deal. One of our waiters was very good but the other didn't seem to care much. Despite that disappointment the meat and salad bar were both very good. However I'm not sure it's any better than any other Brazilian steakhouse. It's base price is $52.50 so if you find another cheaper I'd prob go for it.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerPeruRicanDined on 8/15/2014From the phone call to confirm our reservation to walking out after our dinner, this restaurant was superb. We had a reservation for 6:15pm and were seated as soon as we checked in. Our waiter for the evening quickly came to our table with water and quickly ran through how the restaurant worked and got us on our way to eating. We never felt rushed to leave or anything. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours eating and talking and drinking our wine. Every server that came to our table or assisted us were very friendly and made our evening much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat LoversDCfoodieDined on 8/15/2014If you're a meat lover, you'll enjoy Chima. They have a great salad bar, but don't fill up on that. Save your stomach room for the sirloin! Chima had excellent service. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.