Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
8010 Towers Crescent Drive # 100
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: (703) 639-3080
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group sizes up to 130 guests in the VIP Room
- Private Party Contact: Christina Mohr 8773306377
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (194)good for groups (152)fit for foodies (116)romantic (78)notable wine list (60)hot spot (38)kid-friendly (34)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (22)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Staff are very attentive and take very good care of every customer. Food is excellent! Ambiance is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GreatDined on 11/22/2014It was a family celebration that we won't soon forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGreatDined on 11/20/2014Amazing dining experience, great for any special occasion. Salad bar had great selection, amazing drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Carnivores With Deep Pocketscredible1VIPDined on 11/15/2014We go here once a year when we need a marinated meat fix. Believe it or not, the top sirloin is the tastiest. That said, it's usually crowded, often with kids, which doesn't help one swallow the $55 per person tab or the expensive wine list. Check it out if you want to see if it's true about living high on the hog in Washington, D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grear place for meet loversIgorGDined on 11/14/2014Awesome meet, good wines, great service. Be sure that your stomack is empty before you go to Chima :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Spectacular!1foodiefrompaDined on 11/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experienceat location. This was our 1st visit to this location and it was better than our other visit to the Philadelphia location.. The food, the ambiance, the service.. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectationsChimaDined on 11/13/2014Things I liked: - The food was high quality - the meats in particular were very good. - I enjoyed the complementary appetizers. - They took a photo of us and presented to us at the end. Things I didn't like so much: - The meats menu shows 15 or so different kinds of meats, but in the whole time we were there they only had 5 or 6 meats in the rotation. False advertising. - It was so loud because of a big party at the bar that we couldn't easily converse. - Our waiter was very hard to understand. When I asked a question he disdainfully replied "Didn't you hear what I just said?". It was insulting. - My napkin had food stains all over it and I had to ask for it to be replaced. - I brought my own wine and was prepared to pay a modest corkage fee. They charged $35 - said they just upped it from $25. My bad for not asking, but still I felt ripped off. - The salad bar did not have the variety I had hoped for. - The plates have curved edges that make it difficult to place your fork and knife when not using them. - They refreshed my daughter's drink without asking, then charged for it. - They should have wet towels available, and should ask to replace your plate more often.Special Features:
- bgopbgopDined on 11/11/2014Food was fantastic and the salad bar is one of the best in town. Has a fish option for those that don't eat much meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After 45 min wait....ClayDined on 11/11/2014The food was great and the service was friendly. The only drawback was the 45 minute wait for a seat, even with a reservation... The hostess attributed the wait to a mystery couple who apparently checked in under our name and stole our reservation.... Otherwise, good experience for a couple of return customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your Taste Preference is Key HereTechsan68VIPDined on 11/11/2014As a big fan of the Brazilian steakhouse style, I've eaten often at the three competing places in the Washington area. Chima might disappoint the purist because it uses less salt in preparing its meats than is typical in Brazil. If this is an issue, the saltier taste is available elsewhere. However, I think many diners here will prefer the version at Chima, which is delicious on its own merits. Also a favorite in Brazil and most authentic at Chima is the mashed potatoes, which are more liquid in Brazil and also at Chima. Chima's standard accompaniments to the meats -- salads, soups, rice and beans, fried bananas, etc. -- are all very good. Chima also offers more seafood options than its competitors. Finally, the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBakersDined on 11/11/2014Was simply amazed by the quality of the food and the care of the staff. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usual rodizio, bar failRossDined on 11/10/2014The usual thing for this place ... good food & decent service. Unfortunately for us, our table was in the very back corner of the restaurant which was noisy and off the path of the meat rotation. The servers were good about bringing us things we asked for ... but that's not the point is it? Also, while waiting for our party to arrive, the bartenders were not having a good night. All 3 of them took our order over the course of 10 minutes, none of them started to make our drinks after doing so, and the drinks we eventually did get were wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeopecmanDined on 11/8/2014Food was fantastic, Top Sirloin was awesome, Lamb Chops were incredible and the Ribeye was melt in your mouth good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall experienceSiceroDined on 11/6/2014First off, the salad bar is the best one I've been to. I was especially a huge fan of the seafood salad which I could have had all night. The cuts of meat were delicious and all cooked perfectly, except for the bacon wrapped filet. It was nowhere near as good as the standard filet mignon. Overall the food was incredible and a much better dining experience than other South American Steakhouses that I've visited.Special Features:
- Brazilian DeliciousnessOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/4/2014Came in for dinner with my dad and all of our expectations were exceeded. Salad bar was fresh and delicious. Meats were incredibly flavorful. Servers were great and meat guys too. Manager Juarez came by to check on us several times since my dad had a special request. Overall, an amazing experience!Special Features:
- Good, but overpricedmcleandinerDined on 11/3/2014Great meat, nice ambiance, but overpriced for what you get. Salad bar and sides are impressive. Wine list and alcohol reflects premium pricing for average bottles. While meat servings were prompt and responsive, general service was unacceptably slow given the light base of customers. Noise level was OK but the music from the bar conflicted and confused the music in the restaurant itself. If it were priced $20 less per head, it would be a reasonable value. But when evaluated alongside restaurants of its price class it's mediocre at best.
- Steak and more steakdd007Dined on 11/1/2014It is basically all you can eat steak with a choice of 10 cuts. They have other food, but I go for the meat. Service is excellent and staff will accommodate you if you only like particular cuts.Special Features:
- GwenieVIPDined on 10/28/2014Very nice Restaurant. Love the salad bar. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time and good servicedtmakVIPDined on 10/24/2014Went to celebrate a colleague's 25 year anniversary with the company. Food, as usual, was very generous. Only issue was slos delivery of selected wines after ordering. After ordering the wine, we had to wait 15 minutes for the wine to be delivered, and then one of the wines was wrong. The delay got us off to a slow start. If not for this, the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- October BirthdayDotorehDined on 10/22/2014Outspending food & service, fresh salad bar, and excellent quality meats cooked to perfection. The ultimate margarita and the Tiramisu were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rio in DC/MD/VAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014If you like Brazilian Steakhouse food, I think this is the best in the area. I still miss Greenfeild's in Rockville and Fogo de Cho is WAY over priced, so best value in the area. Chima has upped there prices a bit, $165 for two persons with two drinks is on the high side, but still log it!Special Features:
- Steak loverSheresade21Dined on 10/20/2014Been to other steak places but Chima is the best steak house ever chima doesn't have nothing to envy from other places (except price). :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiccoDined on 10/18/2014I have eaten here several times, and Chima never fails to impress me and my guests. The food is fresh and the salad bar is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my parentspbackusDined on 10/17/2014It was my parents' first time at chima. We also brought my picky children. The evening was amazing. Our servers were great and so friendly. My parents loved their food. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Died and Gone to Steak HeavenCulinaryLaTacheDined on 10/16/2014If one leaves hungry, there's a problem. With an endless array of savory cuts of beef, moist chicken wrapped in bacon, and delicately prepared fishes streaming to your table while all being paired with the Mother Theresa of all salad bars, consider wearing pants that have an elastic waistline. On a more serious note, please arrive hungry, don't over-do-it at the salad bar, and pace yourself for the 16 cuts of meat that await you after the appetizer. The staff was on-point though my iced tea ran dry way to many times, I still give this establishment the highest endorsement among my carnivorous friends. Eat Well, my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at ChimaHFahDined on 10/13/2014The Salad Bar was rich & offers a good variety specially if you a Vegetarian in the group. The place was like a bee hive, waiters kept coming with skewers & every one in the group got the meat cooked to order. The Manager & supervisor asked if we needed anything. Dinner was a Delight.Special Features:
- Wow! Unbelievably good!!TAB1115VIPDined on 10/11/2014I went with my family - husband, two teen boys and my 11 year old daughter. It was my 14 year old son's birthday. We were given a little information from a friend on what to expect. The food was beyond our expectations! We were seated at the back of the restaurant and thought for sure we would be forgotten but so not the case!! The server was attentitive and we never felt like we were lost in the corner. I am vegetarian - I eat fish but not meat. I asked for a piece very rare and got the best piece of salmon. We were so happily surprised at this restaurant. The meat selections were marinated, cooked to perfection and varied. It wouldn't be our weekly pick but definitely our choice to celebrate an event.Special Features:
- Average food, good salad barCicipDined on 10/11/2014meat did not taste much. We had to ask for attention a few times to be served. Not a good system. Too bright. They watch people checking what they eat.
- A mixed treatgormay1Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant provided a very fun experience. The lovely appetizers were delicious. The waiters were always on top of things and very accommodating. Sometimes the meat which is the main attraction was not as tender as I would have expected and some was absolutely delicious. It is pricey so if you can't eat half a cow, just go for the entertainment aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Brazilian restaurant in DCRiccoDined on 10/10/2014No doubt, the best Brazilian food in the area. Fresh food is unbeatable. Chima reminds me of Mariu's in Rio de Janeiro. Now I can eat comida brasilera in he States.Special Features:
- Really goodSagreccoDined on 10/4/2014The service is just amazing. A moderate variety of brazilian food, everything is very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodBrianLikesGoodFoodDined on 10/4/2014This place has a really nice atmosphere and has the freshest tasting food anyone could ever eat. They have a nice all-you-can-eat buffet with foods like specialty pastas, gourmet salads, soup, and more. At Chima, people will also come around and cut as much steak, salmon, or chicken as you like for you and your desired cooking level (i.e. medium-rare). Overall this is a fantastic place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceTharris22Dined on 9/28/2014It was an awesome experience for me and my wife on our special date before we have our babySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Good meat selection, friendly staff and plenty of fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We visit here atleast 3 times a year for different occasions. This visit was for our 13 anniversary. Food was great, service was great, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014As in the past my wife and I had a fantastic evening. The wait staff was once again awesumSpecial Features:
- Not For Adults - too many kidsSimplySuggestedDined on 9/19/2014We went there for son's bday. We made the reservation and I noted in my reservation that I wanted the night to be a memorable night. Once we got there, they hostesses looked confused and didn't know where we were going to sit. One hostess that didn't seem to be quite professional and fit for the position took us to our table which was in a very dark area and at the end of the restaurant. The kids at the tables were out of control. They splashed drinks without any concern by the parents and they ran around (multiple tables) and cried. No waiter said anything to the families. This place was like a high end chuck e cheese. WE WON'T GO BACK THERE! It is not worth the money at all... The need to have separate place for family with young kids.
- luv2eatDined on 9/19/2014The food is great and the staff is very courteous and helpful. It is a bit $$$.Special Features:
- Great place for a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food great service although , should try and seat family's or parties with kids in a section where noise is somewhat dampened . For the price should be a place for adults only to make it a very truley great and special experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to me!jdanDined on 9/13/2014Went to Chima for my birthday. We had a good time and the food was greatSpecial Features: