Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30 -10 PM - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (217)good for groups (199)fit for foodies (149)romantic (103)hot spot (72)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (42)kid-friendly (30)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (20)late-night find (20)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Not a good choiceUmbeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Being that another Brazilian steakhouse exists in town (Fogo de Chao), I don't see any reason why someone would have to go to Chima. Despite booking two weeks in advance, we still had to wait 30+ minutes for our table. The food is not bad, but the meat isn't great either (with a couple of exceptions). If you think you'll be stuffed, think again. Service is pretty slow for a "all-you-can-eat" restaurant. The restaurant isn't terrible, but the other Brazilian steakhouse is a better option for the same price.
- Not during restaurant weekYolandaDined on 9/17/2014I now you get what you pay for...BUT if restaurant week is to get a glimpse of what this restaurant offers.. this was not a good sample...Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!RhondaYDined on 9/17/2014I enjoyed dinner at Chima. The servers were a little sporadic and slow most likely due to it being Restaurant Week. However, the food was especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014our reservation was on time and accurate the service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful I would definitely go back this is a new favorite of mineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Brazilian churrascoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014There were abundace and amazing variety cuts of meat, it was perfect for my taste, the service was excellent, extreme attentive to everyone requests, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EVERYTHINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This place is awesome. The selection of meats is amazing. The servers are all friendly and quick. I went with a group of 5 during restaurant week, a hectic time. We were seating about 5 minutes after our reservation time which was amazing because it was so crowded. The hostess made sure everyone was comfortable. When we were seating we had 3 servers, so never had to wait for anything. The meat guys were prompt and very nice. The food is amazing and made to your liking. The salad bar has so much variety. The prices aren't bad for the regular dining days, especially for the quality selection. Overall everything was amazing. The experience is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at ChimaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The Meat there was good. I enjoyed the Flank. The restaurant was really busy waited 15-30 even with a reservation. The salad bar area was very clear to be filling assortments nonetheless good and complimentary. Needs more vegetable options and fruits. Dessert should of been included for restaurant week would of made the spot a deal closure but it lands a Good-Very Good rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I had a great time at Chima the food options were great the service was great and the setting was intimate even with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Went during restaurant week...service below par...too long of a wait time for meat to be presented..sides out and cold by the time we got meat service...so not worth it
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014This was my first time experiencing Brazilian steakhouse experience. The price always kept me away but i decided to take my girlfriend on her bday which happened to fall during restaurant week. For under $100 and all you can eat meat with a deluxe salad bar; you can't be disappointed. The meat servers kept coming around to make sure we had our fill. They were friendly and a few made a few jokes along the way. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first Brazilian SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I really loved this place it was my first time and I will deff go back in the hear future. The food was outstanding as well as the service. My friend worked there and so she recommended it to me. If your looking for a nice place to take your gf or loved one this is defiantly I must go. I had a blast and I'm sure you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent food and service. Booked mentioning a special occasion and the staff suprised our party with special attention. Love the attention to details by all at ChimaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We paid for the more expensive choice of all the meats. It took forever to get the meat cuts we wanted. The filet wrapped in bacon can about 5 minutes before we left. We also upgraded for the cheesecake dessert. When it was time to order dessert, they were out of cheesecake.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The meats were cooked perfectly and delivered without delay when your card is flipped green. Definitely recommend if you are a steak lover.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014I visited this establishment during restaurant week. The establishment chose not to include their prime cuts of meat for the restaurant week price. I did not have an issue with this except for not being able to try the lamb. It's one of the main reasons I chose Chima over Fogo de Chao (a friend said they liked the lamb better at Chima's). The creamy mashed potatoes were outstanding. The salad bar was amazing. The service was excellent. The manager stopped at our table and had a laugh with us. All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:
- No sidesBobbieAnneDined on 9/16/2014Although the meat and fish items were very good, I didn't care for the 3 sides provided. After visiting there I doubt I'd return. The space is so large that I felt I was in a warehouse.Special Features:
- Chimacclark3rdDined on 9/15/2014Went to Chima for restaurant week. The waiter gave my date and I the option of eating the restaurant week menu or the normal menu for 17.00 more. Opted for the normal menu. Food and food service was good. Alcohol service was slow. I assume because it was restaurant week and crowded affected the service. Had a good time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014I went for restaurant week and while I understand it is a discounted rate, I was unimpressed by the selection. The salad bar was great but the quality of the meats were not up to standard. Very fatty cuts, dry and tough. Sides were brought out within minutes of the appetizers and left to get cold. Not what I am used to for a Brazilian steakhouse.
- Never DisappointedPhillyFoodFanDined on 9/15/2014I have been to Chima several times and I have never been disappointed. I have found the going early when the restaurant begins to seat everyone for dinner has been great. Loking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- dining experiencetrishDined on 9/14/2014I have come to China several times usually the experience is good and the food is great however this time I came with a group of 4 as opposed to 6 or sometimes 8 and the service was not even nearly good I understand that it is restaurant week and you guys were very busy however I feel as though waiting for 25 to 35 minutes between an entree or meat was just not called for. I felt embarrassed and kept apologizing to my guest for the long wait between servers and as a result will most likely try to refrain from visiting Chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Go During Restaurant WeekCarlyVIPDined on 9/14/2014We made the mistake of going here during restaurant week. We managed to get a table without any trouble; unfortunately the servers seemed to differentiate between restaurant week and full paying customers. I understand it was busy but we were repeatedly not served when the waiters came around with the selection of food we had paid for. It was only after speaking with the manager that we were finally served after about 30 minutes of waiting. Overall an underwhelming experience and will likely not be back.Special Features:
- Bypass restaurant weekSteakasarusDined on 9/14/2014I understand and knew ahead of time that the restaurant week option was a select lesser menu. I have no issue with this and I was completely happy with the choices that would be available. I was a little disappointed that I spent so much time just sitting there with an empty plate because none of the selections we were eligible for seemed to come to the table. I think the seating should be established based off which me he you are going to dine off. I think this may help with the flow. Or else simply have more servers with the cuts that are available to the restaurant week menu to avoid frustrations as server after server walks by. My waitress did flag down servers for us and I appreciated that but I was underwhelmed this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service reviewbc0806Dined on 9/14/2014Food was great although lamb was omitted doing restaurant week. Service was superb - very attentative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodie4LifeDined on 9/14/2014Dinner at Chima was wonderful!! Our reservation was at 4:30 pm on a Sunday. This reservation was booked during Restaurant Week so I was expecting a little bit of a wait. However I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived at exactly 4:30 and immediately taken to our table. The wait staff was wonderful and catered to our every need. The selections of food was AWESOME. I will be visiting this restaurant again...very soon!! ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnvymomDined on 9/14/2014I thought the staff was very, very attentive for how busy they were. The waiter told me they were doing over 1,000 sittings for Sunday. I was amazed how great they were, fast, efficient, attentive and very friendly. I would highly recommend as I keep going back again, and again so I definitely do like it there.Special Features:
- Great food!luv2exploreDined on 9/14/2014This was my visit and it will not be my last. Food and service were excellent. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Hey59donna1Dined on 9/14/2014Couldn't have had a better time or better service. Attentive waitstaff, management and servers! All happy to see that you had everything you wanted and when you wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but not too memorableSflow215Dined on 9/13/2014Service and atmosphere was great. However, the meat selection was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodchrisDined on 9/13/2014The food was great, just go hungrey cause you will leave extremely full. price is alittle high but well worth it.Special Features:
- One of my new favsChrissysEatsDined on 9/13/2014This place is now on my top 5 fav spots!. I told my boyfriend that this is where I want to have my next birthday dinner. Everything was delicious and we were happy and stuffed by the end of the night. I highly recommend this place. U are constantly eating something different and all of the meats they serve were awesome and cooked to your liking. And the experience was different and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinglove2eatDined on 9/13/2014My third time coming here. Every time I come it gets better and better. I took my fam (parents, sister, niece 6y.o and nephew 9y.o) Sat eve, no crowd. Everyone loved it. They're still talking about it a week later. Many options from the salad bar/sides. Every choice of meat that I tasted was well cooked and flavorful. Definitely need to pace yourself. My cocktail (mojito), the best that I've tasted. Did not have room for dessert, but mom absolutely loved the hot bananas and ice cream. What made the experience amazing is the customer service from our waiter, the servers, and managers. They would ask which specific meat we were waiting for and they would send them right to our table. Everyone was kind, friendly and had a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Amazing , I loved the food and service. The meat was so tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great serivice not so muchunhappycustomerDined on 9/12/2014There was a blonde hostess named Hannah who was extremely rude to me and our waiter Nick was no better. The food was excellent but I must say that I would have had a much better time had the service been better. Both Hannah and Nick made me question whether or not I wanted to ever come back. I made sure to remember their names just so that I could be specific when writing a review. They made me feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, and rushed. Honestly I don't think I will ever go back. It was my second time at Chima and my first experience was amazing which is why I returned but this time around just put me in a bad space.Special Features:
- Chima is Great!MohitDined on 9/12/2014The great ambiance is what sets he mood when you first walk in although you may have reserved a table they still may make you wait, but it's worth the wait for sure! The hostesses are really nice as well as the waiters. Service is very prompt and waitress was great! Food was great best selection of meats!Special Features:
- Come ready to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food is amazing but make sit to come hungry ... Buffet style and trust me you will eat !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, a bit noisyCollegeFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Sat down (no wait with our reservation, people were waiting out the door) and our server told us they work in teams of four, so we would have four servers for the eventing...odd. Wine list was overwhelmingly long for someone looking for a glass, in an iPad because it was so long. Salad bar was amazing, everything from salads, soups, rice, fish salads, meat salads! We had the restaurant week menu (9 meats instead of 15, which is 35 instead of 52, and cuts out most lamb) Overall it was amazing, highly reccomend. Come hungry, if your not super into lamb go during restaurant week to save some money. Don't bring a vegiatrian here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnikkirDined on 9/12/2014My 3rd time. I really enjoyed everything except for the added gratuity. We actually tipped twice because we didn't know it was already included on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatTamikaDined on 9/11/2014My son and I had a great time. It was my sons first time there and he loved it. The reaction on his face when started eating was priceless. GREAT job keep up the awesome job. Oh out waiter was the best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week serviceHSWTFDined on 9/11/2014Well if you don't mind only seeing your waiter when you sit down and for the check at the end then you will be happy. However, to watch him swoon over the 6 tops and neglect you and your dinner companion really got under my skin. Chima booked way more than they could handle, we waited 30 plus minutes past our booked reservation to be seated. I guess when you are more worried about the amount of money you are going to make than the kind of service you are going to provide your customers, you are in for a bad ride. Also, some people were rudely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited 30 mins with my reservationQeertyDined on 9/11/2014Had to wait 30 minutes even though I scheduled a reservation a week in advance. Once seated the food was pretty good, nothing overly special, and the service was very good from the waitstaff.I would recommend this to a friend.