Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30 -10 PM - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)good for groups (124)romantic (80)fit for foodies (80)hot spot (48)notable wine list (42)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- nothing short of amazingblumDined on 7/19/2014From the moment you walk in until you leave they make you feel like a king. Ive never had such a wonderful experience dining out from the greeters, waitstaff, management, and food as I did at chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMelissaDined on 7/18/2014Great salad bar along with the meat offerings. Kids love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So stuffed!HestisDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I brought my parents here for dinner and we all enjoyed ourselves! We were so stuffed by the time we left. The food was excellent. We were happy to participate in the Susan G Koman promotion as well. The waitstaff is very knowledgable about the wine and beer selection. The show excellent service as well. The only thing we didn't like was that the bar music was so loud on top of the dining room music which was also on the loud side. (Two different types of music playing at the same time)We had trouble hearing what the waitstaff was saying and had trouble talking with each other at our table. Music doesn't change the taste of the food though.... We are already planning our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerKNelsonDined on 7/16/2014A few of my co-workers who live in Chicago and the UK love Chimas when they are in Philly. We visit every couple months and have the same remarkable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational Food and ServiceI81U812Dined on 7/15/2014The never ending variety of food is one to be thankful for. Sirloin, Cajun Ribeye leaves you coming back for more. I love Chima Brazil Steakhouse!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat!EstroVIPDined on 7/14/2014I like this restaurant and ate there many times. the meat is very good, the salads are good and even though it's expensive, i think it's a good value. my problem is that they "hide" the quality meat and don't come with it unless you ask for it. it's not ok. other then that, it's a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Absolutely loved it! That was my first time at the kind of steak house. It really was devine.Special Features:
- A Very Happy Birthday!dinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our son's 24th birthday here. The evening exceeded expectations. The meats were perfectly cooked and the service was outstanding. Every person who came to our table was friendly and helpful. We were not rushed and were asked several times if there was anything else special we would like to try. The restaurant also provided a special birthday dessert and group photo, which was a nice touch. Highly recommend for a celebration dinner, particularly if you enjoy sampling a lot of delicious meats. (The salad bar was good too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICTotallySatisfiedDined on 7/11/2014You will NOT be disappointed! The food, ambiance, and staff are unparalleled!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time.TWJ1Dined on 7/10/2014Went for the second time with my wife. Always courteous service and great food. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsShirl207Dined on 7/8/2014First time eating at this restaurant. The food was excellent, servers was very attentive. Definitely going back very soon. Although I only eat chicken and fish, it was still worth it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone. Come with an empty stomach.Special Features:
- Very Professional!dteTreeDined on 7/5/2014One of Philadelphia's best restaurants in my persona opinion. The venue looks great and has comfortable seating. The staff are very well mannered and always have a smile on their faces. The food is great!!Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyMahfoyeDined on 7/4/2014Not a place for weekly dining (50+. Per person), but the meats were unbelievable; salad bar unique...be sure to calculate drinks and desserts extra to the $52 general service fee...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience.RickDDined on 7/2/2014I have been to several Brazilian Rodizio's but the Brazilian Rodizio's in Newark, NJ. are still the best. The food was great at Chima but the meat selection was small compared to the ones in Newark, NJ. no exotic meats or grilled pineapple. The salad bar was small also compared to the ones in Newark which are three times bigger and have a huge selection of hot and cold foods. If you want coffee and desert expect to pay an additional $14. per person. The bill for two was $154 with Ice tea, desert and coffee plus a $30. tip. Expect to pay for parking which cost $10. to $16. Was it worth the 2 hour drive from Delaware? I could have taken the train since I work for Amtrak and travel for free (4 blocks from 30th st. Sta.)Special Features:
- Had to prove her wrongDontGetOutMuchDined on 6/28/2014Mom was in town and swore "Longhorn Steakhouse was the best she's been, in Maryland", I thought she was kidding. So my boys and I brought her to you and ya' didn't let me down. I told her just the site of the skewered meat would make her mouth water....she stood corrected. She greatly enjoyed herself. She was very impressed (as was I) with the service and the knowledge they had without missing a beat. And the food.....from the apps to the meats....they were delicious. I couldn't tell you what they were, but the appetizers were very tasty. My sons were very pleased as was I. The atmosphere was great. You guys really paid attention to detail. Thanks for a fulfilling evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePapaleckiDined on 6/28/2014Food was great. Huge salad bar, with fantastic offerings. House dressing is to die for. Meat service is fantastic, Meats are delicious and never endingSpecial Features:
- Great Food, and AtmosphereeattwiceasmuchDined on 6/28/2014Enjoy the atmosphere of tableside food cooked and sliced to your perfection. 13 different meats on skewers brought to you one after the other as much you can devour. The salad bar a must but if you’re a steak eater, save the room for the meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurants.TWJ1Dined on 6/27/2014Beautiful restaurant in the scenic area of downtown Philadelphia. My wife and went there for our 15th wedding anniversary. Great food, great service. We definitely plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGluttonyDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic service and great food! Will be back for moreSpecial Features:
- Meatlishis!!DinerDined on 6/22/2014I come here once a month EVERY month. And yes, it costs money, yes you might have to wait for something here and there, however its definitely the most delicious restaurant in Philly <3Special Features:
- Relaxing?eddieandedDined on 6/20/2014My first Brazilian steakhouse experience, food was tasty, service attentive, but is not a relaxing experience. Little pricey for what you actually end up eating. Lamb chops were way over past done. Fish options were poor.Special Features:
- ChimaDragonBitesDined on 6/20/2014My boyfriend and I took my brother to dinner for his birthday. The food was very good with a few exceptions. Some of the cuts of meat were too salty, but still edible. The environment was nice and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experienceskulrphDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our experience at Chima. The flank steak was delicious and salad bar very impressive.Special Features:
- Why are we waiting?KevinDined on 6/17/2014Having Guarana soda available for order adds an authentic touch, however, having traveled to Brazil and gone to various steakhouses "in country" I dont remember having to wait for the servers. Meat came at a near frenetic pace, here at Chima, there were times when I had to actually look around for servers and there was only 1 in the dining area. When the food came, however, it was excellent. For a brief respite from meat or to clear your palate, try the Salmon or Swordfish, both were very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serina PutmanRinaDined on 6/15/2014We had to repeat to our waitress quite a few times when we wanted refills and out sides that come with the meal. One of the guys who brought the meat out dropped meat on my blouse. I'm hoping I can get the stain out. Not my best experience there but I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and chaoticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014It was uncomfortably loud in the lounge area where we waited for a few minutes, and still very noisy in the huge dining area. Most frustrating in a restaurant featuring a salad bar as a main part of the experience, it was not easy to walk around at all. Waiters and waitresses with full trays and patrons going to the restrooms and salad bar all had to take the same paths. The food was high quality but the experience not as good as at other Brazilian steakhouses to which we've been.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulsearch713Dined on 6/15/2014The best food I've ever had. The service is impeccable and the salad bar is very versatile and clean. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- great experiencebossryda915Dined on 6/15/2014Ive been here several times and am never disappointed with the service. This time I brought my children and they really enjoyed it. They learned how to properly request their own temperature of meat and enjoyed being able to participate with the tongs. Great time as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaraOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This was my second time here, and I love it! Special occasion place for sure! Proteins are all deliciously seasoned, drinks are strong and pacing is perfect!Special Features:
- Great Spotoutandabout1Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent customer service and great food. Nice atmosphere and wonderful salad bar.Special Features:
- Meat Lovers HeavenEatingWellAsSportDined on 6/14/2014When you are in the mood for delicious meat and lots of it, this is the place to go. We have been here for birthdays and other special occasions and have never been disappointed in the quality and great flavors that we find. The flank steak is as wonderful as the filet. Its fun to try everything. The only downside is that there is less table conversation than a usual dinner because there is no waiting. From the moment you are seated food keeps coming. Those who are restricting calories can certainly do that here but only with lots of willpower!Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.chertyDined on 6/12/2014The salad bar had dozens of items, including several gourmet dishes. Everything was well-prepared and delicious. You can go back as often as you like. My husband also had meat, which is sliced and served tableside. Again, you can get as much as you want. We shared an excellent dessert. Our server also brought us a generous piece of tiramisu (on the house) for my husband's birthday. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. Bonus: it's walking distance from Philly's Regional Rail Suburban Station or 30th Street.Special Features:
- Meat eaters glory!phillydudeDined on 6/11/2014Great service....and great food. A bit noisy though. They had music in the restaurant and coming from the bar and both were loud, so 2 songs playing at the same time all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DiningJulesVIPDined on 6/9/2014Although last seating was at 9:15PM, we got seated with no problems with a reservation time close to 9PM for a party of 2. I have to say, the service, from the hostess to the staff, were still exceptional even when they were preparing to set for the night. The selection of meats was on par and it wasn't like they only serve what they have left on the grill. We even requested meats and they didn't even give us a big fuss about it. We did eat like there was no tomorrow, ordered drinks, and had dessert. We did stay past closing and they didn't rush us at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our waitress was very nice the entire time my party was there. She was very energetic and always came back to make sure we were ok. The manager also came out and spoke to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That meat tho!!!KingBeefDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time at the establishment and I will say that it was a great experience. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch. I haven't had service like that in over a year. I thank you very much and I am looking to return shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakloversteaklover08VIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was delightful. The Wine menu was recently changed. Only 2 selections for the reisling. That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salsa4twoDined on 6/1/2014We took our son to eat at his favorite restaurant because he just graduated from law school. All three of us enjoyed our return eating experience. The waiter went out of his way to make us comfortable.Special Features:
- Great food-- VERY loudMaddieDined on 5/31/2014The food was great The service was accommodating. The only problem was that there were 2 large parties in our room and we could not hear ourselves talk! But there was so much good food that it didn't matter that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven FlavoredDinerDined on 5/29/2014Chima never ceases to amaze me. From the front girls to the bartenders to the servers and gauchos down to the managers. They've come a long way <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.