Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday : 11:30 to 2 PM (last seating)
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30 -10 PM (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
342 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (238)good for groups (223)fit for foodies (173)romantic (114)hot spot (84)notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (22)great for brunch (14)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Husbands birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014A great place to dine. Staff was helpful. Service was fantastic and yes I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was an outstanding experience!!Batman1964Dined on 10/18/2014Food was flavorable!! Salad bar is a delicious treat!!! Will not walk away disapointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014But really pretty pricey if you're not the biggest eater! Fun, different, great for an occasion - service was attentive, our party enjoyed everything!
- Consistently excellentDininginTownDined on 10/18/2014Chima has been consistently excellent...food, service and ambiance. The servers are quick to appear and the meats are excellent. Terrific variety of salads, meats and chicken dishes.Special Features:
- Chima's Amazing RodizioLuvdiningexcellenceDined on 10/17/2014Everything from the bright and cheerful greeting to the excellent service lent to the exquisite evening my family and I enjoyed. The salad bar and rodizio are amazing as well as the selection of drinks and desserts that cap off the wonderful meal.Special Features:
- A must for meat lovers!ShleneckDined on 10/16/2014Have been to Chima numerous times and love all the selections of meat. Good is delicious and service is great!Special Features:
- NICE!!!PickyEaterDined on 10/15/2014Food was excellent. A little on the expensive side compared to other upscale restaurants in the city. Definitely a nice spot for a special occasion. It was my 5th wedding anniversary and my wife was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Outstanding, cant wait to go back. Great service with amazing choices of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauchosbc0806Dined on 10/6/2014I visit during lunch time and was disappointed that the gauchos were rarely seen roaming the dining room. After eating from the salad bar and then waiting to be serve meat, we had to signal the waiter to ask where the gauchos were since they were no longer visible. We end up having the one gaucho serving each selection of the 5 available meats.Special Features:
- Very nice timeLacklusterDined on 10/4/2014I attended for a birthday dinner. It was a small party of 4. Food was great, meat servers were excellent & polite, MOST of the wait staff was exceptional. Dessert, great. On the other hand, there was one party there for a birthday, about 12-15 people. They were extremely loud & rude & kept getting up to take group pictures next to our table. It took away from our experience. Also one of our wait staff,. Her comments overall were unnecessary.Singling out my fiancé & making sure he was ok, then making a remark to the bday boy asking him if he was sleeping when clearly he was just waiting for our check.Also when asked about dessert, I said I didn't know & wanted to ask my group but she snapped & said "it's either yes or no its not that hard"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All You Can Eat Meats!RaligardDined on 10/4/2014The hot freshly cooked meats are carved and served table-side on demand, until you are so full you can not take another bite. They are seared to perfection and served rare or well done at request. The salad bar has some good stuff too, but don't eat too much from it, or you won't be able to devour all that delicious meaty goodness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceTheClubhouse500Dined on 10/4/2014Get ready to eat! The food is fantastic, starting with the salad bar and moving to the numerous meats served to the table. The staff does an excellent job of serving the food, explaining the meats, and offering any extra help you may need. The food is so good that you'll eat a ton, enough that you may not need to eat the next day! The atmosphere is very clean and fancy; great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEbigmikeDined on 10/4/2014From the lovely lady who greeted us to the on point wait staff, the entire night was perfect, the food is simply amazing!!Special Features:
- Always phenomenalMoRodizioDined on 10/3/2014Have been several times and it's always a great experience. Invited some friends who had never been, as anticipated they loved it.Special Features:
- Carlton BrownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The service was top notched and attentive and food was great my son had to instagram his friends about his never ending meat adventure we will recommend Chima to all that have that urge to have a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but super pricey!!SweettoothDined on 10/3/2014Service was good. The place was clean. Buffet of salads was lovely and tasty. The meats were yummy too but unless you are going to eat a ton, it is very expensive!Special Features:
- Great experience!PhillyFoodieDined on 10/2/2014Great experience and food. Bit pricey though so take your appetite!Special Features:
- love this placejq06114Dined on 10/1/2014This place never disappoints. I moved to Florida and still try to make the time to eat here when I visit. I would love to see one in Florida. I live in Brandon Florida and there is a lot of opportunity for a place like this. Thanks again for the amazing food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat lover's delightbiztravlerDined on 9/29/2014Brazilian steakhouse, the chicken, pork, lamb, beef, and salmon just keeps coming. Meats cooked to all tastes. Salad bar was excellent. Service was great. It was a Monday night so they weren't super busy. Had a successful business dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!southphillyDined on 9/25/2014This is a classy, yet relaxed atmosphere - kind of made for everyone. The meat was out of control; the service was proactively perfect; and, the salad bar (if you like salad) is off the charts! GO!!!Special Features:
- Always the best timeLuv2dineDined on 9/24/2014I always love going to Chimaz's. The food is delicious and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed.EmpressDined on 9/24/2014I was quite pleased with the Chima Restaurant in Philadelphia. The atmosphere was inviting and the food was delectable. I plan on future visits, especially with friends and family who I know will be just as pleased as I was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH IT!!EJChildsDined on 9/23/2014Food was 'ok', service was 'ok'. I've definitely had better. Definitely over priced for the same thing I get from Na'Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse. At Chima, I paid for basically 'Full Service' but got only one quarter. Never again!!
- Amazing foodmandikaminskiDined on 9/22/2014The food was amazing, caipirinha was delicious and great service. We always have a great time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food food everywhere....FoodaholicDined on 9/22/2014This was our second time at Chima's. Last time we came to Philadelphia, it was for a graduation dinner and everyone loved it, so we decided to give it another try. Second time was even better. Staff was great and the food was delish. Waddled out about 3 hours later with belly's full and tastebuds happy. The meat is flavorful and there is pretty of variety in the cuts of meat, but they also have salmon, swordfish, ribs and chicken, as well as a full salad bar. Hard to go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- callmeoldfashionDined on 9/21/2014It was very nice place to dine, the food was great, the service was good. And my son received a surprise dessert for his birthday on Chima. I just wish everyone understood that Business Attire means, no dirty ripped jeans, baseball cap, daisy duke shorts and sweat pants, and the company should also abide by their dress code. Call me old fashion, but let's start teaching people the meaning of respect, appearance counts. The ambiance didn't quite match that type of dressing. However, I still enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- First time at ChimatsaorunnerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Came here for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. I had been to other Brazilian steakhouses but this one far surpasses them in food quality. The lamb chops and top sirloin were delicious. The salad bar was well stocked and not too overwhelming. Ate as a group of 5 and it was an excellent place for a larger group.Special Features:
- Wait for Restaurant Weektbird1021VIPDined on 9/21/2014This was our 2nd time at Chima. 1st time was during Restaurant week - this time, while they were offering Restaurant Week pricing ($35pp vs. $52.50pp), we opt for the full menu. The full menu includes filet mignon, lamb and beef ribs which are not included in the discounted pricing. In my opinion, the full menu is not worth the extra $17.50 a head - mainly due to quality of those meats. They are good - but not great. And, my biggest Restaurant Week complaint was service which I assumed was due to all the extra customers being waited on. However, the service this time around was about the same - which is good but not great. Biggest complaint this time - they sent us home with the wrong to-go dessert order. Disappointing. But, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat SmorgasboardBirdVIPDined on 9/21/2014Perfect meal for a post-Philly Rock n Roll Half MarathonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014This was my 6th time dining at Chima, but this was my first time dining during Restaurant Week (RW). I will never dine there again during RW.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmm mmm goodCocoPhantomDined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent from reservations to the time we picked up our tab. Our servers were timely and or food was delicious. We even had a wonderful interaction with the manager ob hand. Ill definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favorite spotFoodieSchmoodieDined on 9/20/2014this was my third time at chima and, as usual, everything was great. the salad bar was bountiful and delicious; the meat was tender and mouth-watering; and the service was quick and attentive. both floor managers stopped by our table to insure that we had seen all of the cuts of meat. we felt very taken care of. definitely try the passionfruit caipirinha.Special Features:
- great spot but better be starving!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I chose this place for a bachelor party, was a great fit! All the food was perfectly cooked, and in plenty! We never had to wait for any kind of meat or fish, if you wanted more just flip your coin over! Only thing I would change is the salad bar was a bit vague and shrimp would be a great addition to the fish menu! Couldn't fit dessert in!Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We wanted to do something special for our 1st anniversary and this was a great choice. In addition to the delectable and varied food selections, the service was too rate Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!!Lola7670Dined on 9/19/2014Loved it, will definitely be back!! Food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy customerlex215Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and pleasant. Plus the service prompt and the waitress was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodphillygreatDined on 9/18/2014I enjoyed this restaurant. Very good food and nice salad bar. Recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer (restaurant week)GreggersDined on 9/18/2014Went there for my first time during restaurant week with the girlfriend. Great food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReveiwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I went during restaurant week so it was quite crowded and a bit loud however the service was great overall. The meat kept coming the waitress was great. She kept asking if there was anything in particular we wanted sent over. Overall I would definitely recommend. I'm sure it's way better on a regular day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular as alwaysWolfchyldeDined on 9/18/2014Realizing this was Restaurant Week, we grabbed a reservation and a few friends and went to Chima for dinner. The 'limited' menu for Restaurant Week was fantastic, more than enough for the average patron. The cuts of meat were superb, and the service was swift and efficient, everything was tasty and well seasoned, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves.Special Features: