Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (215) 531-5820
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday : 11:30 to 2 PM (last seating)
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30 -10 PM (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
359 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)good for groups (232)fit for foodies (179)romantic (124)hot spot (86)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (36)kid-friendly (34)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (24)scenic view (16)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Carnivore's Nirvana.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2014A true carnivore's nirvana. Highly recommended for those who appreciate the finer cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night In ChimaDrdreeDined on 11/22/2014My servers, the brothers Ricky and Ramon, and the the third server Michelle. Made the night very special. they explained the concept, and told us all about the chefs, who cook the food, then they come out to carve the meats, and serve you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChimaritaDined on 11/18/2014I loved this romantic yet friendly atmosphere with a delicious variety of choices. A carnivorous haven with their different meat choices. Also a healthy or vegan filled salad bar no one is left out in this fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read your receiptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I did not pay attention to the fact that that bill included the tip and i left an additional $20.00. I am not thrilled about leaving a $40.00 tip, other than that the overall experience was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent serviceAlyssaDined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and it was our first time at your restuarant. When we first arrrived there our service was impeccable! As the night went on service became extremely slow. We had to ask for some items to be refilled on the salad bar also had to ask several other waiters (not ours) for items for our table. We realized that it was becoming more crowded as the night went on, maybe you were under staffed that evening. However, our meals were delicious and we will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missed a few menu itemstomdelsnjVIPDined on 11/14/2014I was a little disappointed it was my girlfriends 50th birthday and there were larger parries in the restaurant that night and we found out we missed a few menu items including what sounded like the best one Bacon wrapped filet ... This was by far the most expensive Brazilian steakhouse in the Philadelphia or southern 2NJ area and most dissapointing
- Never to ReturnKenne35VIPDined on 11/11/2014The food was good but we did not appreciate the service. We used to frequent Chima however after the treatment we received this Veterans Day we will not be returning.
- Great place to celebrateLindaDinesVIPDined on 11/11/2014I had a great experience at Chima's. The service was outstanding. The food was amazing. I was also celebrating my birthday and received a complimentary dessert and a souvenir photo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014Veterans day promotion was an excellent way to get our group out for a good time and good food and to honor our very own warrior. Staff was very attentive and very friendly. The only problem was that I ate waaaaaay to much lol. I just couldn't help myself. I even had to take home most of my desert. Would definitely dine there again......Special Features:
- Once AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014A friend of mine wanted to have lunch here, and it was once again disappointing. The food was good, even though the selection of meat is abbreviated for lunch. There were some excellent items on the salad bar. The disappointing part was service - the guys serving meat were good, but our waiter was inattentive: the plates were getting stacked up, refills didn't come, and we just sat around at the most inopportune moments. And there were only 3 or 4 other tables.Special Features:
- Veterans day dinnerMartySVIPDined on 11/10/2014Everything was great thanks you for your courtesy of a free entree. We all had a great time and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Meat lovers delightJimODined on 11/10/2014Delicious salad bar selection which can be a meal. Variety of meats served from skewers. Lots of attention from friendly servers. A great experience and planning to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not meet Brazilian standardMeatloverDined on 11/8/2014I frequently travel to Brazil and like Brazilian steak restaurants. The quality of the food in Chima was not even close to the average standard in Brazil. Also the ambiance was not ok: too many people, too much noice, too less waiters to serve people. For a price tag of > $ 75 you should expect better quality food, better service, not so over crowded place. Nebrasa is way better!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Food was delicious and there was a great variety - rodizio even included salmon and swordfish! The music (pop hits) didn't quite fit with the elegant interior and didn't match with the vibe I wanted for an expensive dinner. Service was friendly and unobtrusive but the small touches were there - folding the napkins when we went to the salad bare, for example. I'll definitely be back - though for a special treat as it was quite pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWhocaresVIPDined on 11/7/2014Me and my work lover absolutely loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectDominic1007Dined on 11/6/2014We try to dine here twice a month. Always perfect, great service, fantastic salad bar, and meal. Seams never a problem without a reservation before 6:00pm. If you don't see it ask. I like my salad wedge with blue cheese dressing, and bacon but there wasn't bacon bits on this salad bar. I asked chef who apologized, and went back cooked bacon, and delivered to our table.Special Features:
- as good as it getsgolfer56VIPDined on 11/5/2014i am a big fan of chima ft lauderdale...so when i arrived in philly on the way home i figured i would give the philly chima a shot.....everything is s good as ft lauderdale.....great food and great service and a hefty valet parking charge...but that is to be expected in a major city.Special Features:
- It was amazingTifflove2eatDined on 11/1/2014I absolutely love everything about this place from the food to the service everything is fabulous !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDisappointingVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was a great and exciting experience. The salad bar was great and the meat service - especially the meat -was extraordinary! I highly recommend this Brazillian Steakhouse to everyone. A truly memorable experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatlee4sharonDined on 11/1/2014Whether just for a delicious meal or for a special occasion, we love this place! The servers were very attentive and could not do enough for us. There was a birthday with our group and not only did they send him a dessert, they took a picture, printed and sent it home with us. an extremely nice touch!Special Features:
- proteinfoodieDined on 10/31/2014Meats were good if u like a lot of it. Was a bit pricey since no one can eat $50 worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey/Nothing to write home aboutNotachefDined on 10/31/2014I lived in Brazil for a year and frequented BR steakhouses often. In Philly there are 2 famous names Fogo de Chao and Chima. I am a Fogo snob and was hesitant to go to Chima as I felt I would be disappointed. I finally gave in and my Chima experience was not disappointing at all, but it was not up to my high expectations. Don't get me wrong the food was delicious. The salad bar had the normal Brazilian steakhouse staples like hearts of palm and rice/beans. The meat selection/house wine were both good. The pao and mashed pot. served at the table were delish, but I have to take off points for service. I am used to crumbs being brushed off the table, being handed my plate when approaching the salad bar and changing my plate for a clean one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saladsOnthegoDined on 10/31/2014We're repeat visitors, but had disappointment this time. even though I booked with note that it was my wife's birthday lunch, it was totally ignored. Only when I mentioned it to hostess on our way out, was it corrected. With an apology, after looking it up, she conceded waiter should have served a complimentary piece of cake with a candle. She did give us a piece to take home but waiter should have been more aware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JahnRDined on 10/30/2014As usual, this place was incredible :) I really enjoyed the food and everyone was so nice. It's super easy to make a reservation, and for what we get, the price isn't even that bad. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visitMoneyMakinTipDined on 10/30/2014I frequent local upscale restaurants and gave chima steak house a second Chance even after not being completed satisfied my first costs visit. Need a better salad bar and you shouldn't have to get up to serve yourself rice when the waitress can serve you 10 different meats. Not convenient and food okay but not worth the pricing. Wouldn't go back a third timeSpecial Features:
- Great place to overindulge.javadinersDined on 10/27/2014This is one of our go to spots for great service, atmosphere, food and drinks. The meat selection is fabulous....we always eat our fill out Chima. Impossible to leave without the meat sweats. The salad bar is amazing too along with the sides you get with the rodizio.Special Features:
- DoubleBirthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, excellent service and personal touch from your hostess and "team 2" made this a memorable birthday for my family! Thank you guys for everything and we'll be back..just because!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorite PlacesJackson7Dined on 10/25/2014I would definitely recommend Chima Brazilian Steakhouse to any newcomer to Philadelphia. The energy was amazing and the service was on point. The variety of meats were seasoned to perfection. overall it was a great experience and I would definitely invite more friends to enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- A vegan's nightmareChristopherDined on 10/25/2014My father always taught us that when we'd go to an all-you-can-eat place you must go directly for the proteins, specifically the expensive stuff (it's known as the Bob Rule). Here it's impossible to avoid the good stuff. Surprisingly, even the salad bar (which normally goes directly against the Bob Rule) was pretty magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeanDined on 10/25/2014We have recently compared the three local Brazilian rotisserie style restaurants and I believe that Chima's takes the lead. The contenders are Chima, Nabrassa and Fogo de Chao. While the service is comparable with all three, the food and salad bar was better at Chima's. We have done all three multiple times to see if the results were the same and Chima has won hands down. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Husbands birthdayNiceDined on 10/21/2014A great place to dine. Staff was helpful. Service was fantastic and yes I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was an outstanding experience!!Batman1964Dined on 10/18/2014Food was flavorable!! Salad bar is a delicious treat!!! Will not walk away disapointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014But really pretty pricey if you're not the biggest eater! Fun, different, great for an occasion - service was attentive, our party enjoyed everything!
- Consistently excellentDininginTownDined on 10/18/2014Chima has been consistently excellent...food, service and ambiance. The servers are quick to appear and the meats are excellent. Terrific variety of salads, meats and chicken dishes.Special Features:
- Chima's Amazing RodizioLuvdiningexcellenceDined on 10/17/2014Everything from the bright and cheerful greeting to the excellent service lent to the exquisite evening my family and I enjoyed. The salad bar and rodizio are amazing as well as the selection of drinks and desserts that cap off the wonderful meal.Special Features:
- open for lunch now!FoodieSchmoodieDined on 10/17/2014one of my favorite philadelphia restaurants is now open for lunch. same great food--same great service. what used to be my go-to date-night spot will also be my new business-lunch spot. caipirinhas for lunch, anyone?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for meat lovers!ShleneckDined on 10/16/2014Have been to Chima numerous times and love all the selections of meat. Good is delicious and service is great!Special Features:
- NICE!!!PickyEaterDined on 10/15/2014Food was excellent. A little on the expensive side compared to other upscale restaurants in the city. Definitely a nice spot for a special occasion. It was my 5th wedding anniversary and my wife was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Outstanding, cant wait to go back. Great service with amazing choices of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gauchosbc0806Dined on 10/6/2014I visit during lunch time and was disappointed that the gauchos were rarely seen roaming the dining room. After eating from the salad bar and then waiting to be serve meat, we had to signal the waiter to ask where the gauchos were since they were no longer visible. We end up having the one gaucho serving each selection of the 5 available meats.Special Features: