Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday : 11:30 to 2 PM (last seating)
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30 -10 PM (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
348 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (239)good for groups (223)fit for foodies (173)romantic (114)hot spot (81)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (43)kid-friendly (35)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (20)great for brunch (19)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- meat lover's delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014Brazilian steakhouse, the chicken, pork, lamb, beef, and salmon just keeps coming. Meats cooked to all tastes. Salad bar was excellent. Service was great. It was a Monday night so they weren't super busy. Had a successful business dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!southphillyDined on 9/25/2014This is a classy, yet relaxed atmosphere - kind of made for everyone. The meat was out of control; the service was proactively perfect; and, the salad bar (if you like salad) is off the charts! GO!!!Special Features:
- Always the best timeLuv2dineDined on 9/24/2014I always love going to Chimaz's. The food is delicious and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed.EmpressDined on 9/24/2014I was quite pleased with the Chima Restaurant in Philadelphia. The atmosphere was inviting and the food was delectable. I plan on future visits, especially with friends and family who I know will be just as pleased as I was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH IT!!EJChildsDined on 9/23/2014Food was 'ok', service was 'ok'. I've definitely had better. Definitely over priced for the same thing I get from Na'Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse. At Chima, I paid for basically 'Full Service' but got only one quarter. Never again!!
- Amazing foodmandikaminskiDined on 9/22/2014The food was amazing, caipirinha was delicious and great service. We always have a great time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food food everywhere....FoodaholicDined on 9/22/2014This was our second time at Chima's. Last time we came to Philadelphia, it was for a graduation dinner and everyone loved it, so we decided to give it another try. Second time was even better. Staff was great and the food was delish. Waddled out about 3 hours later with belly's full and tastebuds happy. The meat is flavorful and there is pretty of variety in the cuts of meat, but they also have salmon, swordfish, ribs and chicken, as well as a full salad bar. Hard to go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- callmeoldfashionDined on 9/21/2014It was very nice place to dine, the food was great, the service was good. And my son received a surprise dessert for his birthday on Chima. I just wish everyone understood that Business Attire means, no dirty ripped jeans, baseball cap, daisy duke shorts and sweat pants, and the company should also abide by their dress code. Call me old fashion, but let's start teaching people the meaning of respect, appearance counts. The ambiance didn't quite match that type of dressing. However, I still enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- First time at ChimatsaorunnerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Came here for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. I had been to other Brazilian steakhouses but this one far surpasses them in food quality. The lamb chops and top sirloin were delicious. The salad bar was well stocked and not too overwhelming. Ate as a group of 5 and it was an excellent place for a larger group.Special Features:
- Wait for Restaurant Weektbird1021VIPDined on 9/21/2014This was our 2nd time at Chima. 1st time was during Restaurant week - this time, while they were offering Restaurant Week pricing ($35pp vs. $52.50pp), we opt for the full menu. The full menu includes filet mignon, lamb and beef ribs which are not included in the discounted pricing. In my opinion, the full menu is not worth the extra $17.50 a head - mainly due to quality of those meats. They are good - but not great. And, my biggest Restaurant Week complaint was service which I assumed was due to all the extra customers being waited on. However, the service this time around was about the same - which is good but not great. Biggest complaint this time - they sent us home with the wrong to-go dessert order. Disappointing. But, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat SmorgasboardBirdVIPDined on 9/21/2014Perfect meal for a post-Philly Rock n Roll Half MarathonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014This was my 6th time dining at Chima, but this was my first time dining during Restaurant Week (RW). I will never dine there again during RW.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmm mmm goodCocoPhantomDined on 9/20/2014Service was excellent from reservations to the time we picked up our tab. Our servers were timely and or food was delicious. We even had a wonderful interaction with the manager ob hand. Ill definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favorite spotFoodieSchmoodieDined on 9/20/2014this was my third time at chima and, as usual, everything was great. the salad bar was bountiful and delicious; the meat was tender and mouth-watering; and the service was quick and attentive. both floor managers stopped by our table to insure that we had seen all of the cuts of meat. we felt very taken care of. definitely try the passionfruit caipirinha.Special Features:
- great spot but better be starving!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I chose this place for a bachelor party, was a great fit! All the food was perfectly cooked, and in plenty! We never had to wait for any kind of meat or fish, if you wanted more just flip your coin over! Only thing I would change is the salad bar was a bit vague and shrimp would be a great addition to the fish menu! Couldn't fit dessert in!Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We wanted to do something special for our 1st anniversary and this was a great choice. In addition to the delectable and varied food selections, the service was too rate Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!!Lola7670Dined on 9/19/2014Loved it, will definitely be back!! Food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy customerlex215Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was nice and pleasant. Plus the service prompt and the waitress was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodphillygreatDined on 9/18/2014I enjoyed this restaurant. Very good food and nice salad bar. Recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer (restaurant week)GreggersDined on 9/18/2014Went there for my first time during restaurant week with the girlfriend. Great food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReveiwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I went during restaurant week so it was quite crowded and a bit loud however the service was great overall. The meat kept coming the waitress was great. She kept asking if there was anything in particular we wanted sent over. Overall I would definitely recommend. I'm sure it's way better on a regular day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular as alwaysWolfchyldeDined on 9/18/2014Realizing this was Restaurant Week, we grabbed a reservation and a few friends and went to Chima for dinner. The 'limited' menu for Restaurant Week was fantastic, more than enough for the average patron. The cuts of meat were superb, and the service was swift and efficient, everything was tasty and well seasoned, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- So much meat!PhillyPhoodieDined on 9/18/2014It's a Brazilian steak house so you go there to eat meat. Everything was delicious & the service was great! They don't bombard you with food and definitely take the time to bring the food around, which is good! It allows you to settle and digest. Love this place in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience.BeeJayDined on 9/18/2014I visited Chima during Restuarant Week being my first time to to dine there. The wait staff was excellent and very attentive to our needs whether it was something simple as changing out dinnerware or making sure we got the type of food we desired. I had no real complaint about nothing and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Not a good choiceUmbeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Being that another Brazilian steakhouse exists in town (Fogo de Chao), I don't see any reason why someone would have to go to Chima. Despite booking two weeks in advance, we still had to wait 30+ minutes for our table. The food is not bad, but the meat isn't great either (with a couple of exceptions). If you think you'll be stuffed, think again. Service is pretty slow for a "all-you-can-eat" restaurant. The restaurant isn't terrible, but the other Brazilian steakhouse is a better option for the same price.
- Not during restaurant weekYolandaDined on 9/17/2014I now you get what you pay for...BUT if restaurant week is to get a glimpse of what this restaurant offers.. this was not a good sample...Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!RhondaYDined on 9/17/2014I enjoyed dinner at Chima. The servers were a little sporadic and slow most likely due to it being Restaurant Week. However, the food was especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryDjonesDined on 9/17/2014It was a great experience and really good for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014our reservation was on time and accurate the service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful I would definitely go back this is a new favorite of mineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Brazilian churrascoNadinaDined on 9/17/2014There were abundace and amazing variety cuts of meat, it was perfect for my taste, the service was excellent, extreme attentive to everyone requests, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EVERYTHINGiluvfoodDined on 9/16/2014This place is awesome. The selection of meats is amazing. The servers are all friendly and quick. I went with a group of 5 during restaurant week, a hectic time. We were seating about 5 minutes after our reservation time which was amazing because it was so crowded. The hostess made sure everyone was comfortable. When we were seating we had 3 servers, so never had to wait for anything. The meat guys were prompt and very nice. The food is amazing and made to your liking. The salad bar has so much variety. The prices aren't bad for the regular dining days, especially for the quality selection. Overall everything was amazing. The experience is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at ChimaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The Meat there was good. I enjoyed the Flank. The restaurant was really busy waited 15-30 even with a reservation. The salad bar area was very clear to be filling assortments nonetheless good and complimentary. Needs more vegetable options and fruits. Dessert should of been included for restaurant week would of made the spot a deal closure but it lands a Good-Very Good rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Comparing to other steak restaurant I've been, this is not a good one. The collection of meat is limited. The meat is not good comparing to forgo de chao. But the salad bar is a plus, lots of choices. Wine is so so.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I had a great time at Chima the food options were great the service was great and the setting was intimate even with the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good ExperiencehmarchDined on 9/16/2014Went during restaurant week...service below par...too long of a wait time for meat to be presented..sides out and cold by the time we got meat service...so not worth it
- Avoid restaurant week....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Me and my wife visited Chima for our anniversary this year. What we didn't know was that it was restaurant week. Even on Wednesday around 8PM it was a crowded noisy mess. With that said, the wait staff worked their tails off to ensure everyone was served in a reasonable amount of time, and the food was excellent. I can imagine the response time would be phenomenal if we had went another time. THey probably deserve a 5 star but all I have to go on us this one experience. Side note: GREAT mojitos!Special Features:
- Great experienceVigorDined on 9/16/2014This was my first time experiencing Brazilian steakhouse experience. The price always kept me away but i decided to take my girlfriend on her bday which happened to fall during restaurant week. For under $100 and all you can eat meat with a deluxe salad bar; you can't be disappointed. The meat servers kept coming around to make sure we had our fill. They were friendly and a few made a few jokes along the way. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first Brazilian SteakhouseNot2PickyDined on 9/16/2014I really loved this place it was my first time and I will deff go back in the hear future. The food was outstanding as well as the service. My friend worked there and so she recommended it to me. If your looking for a nice place to take your gf or loved one this is defiantly I must go. I had a blast and I'm sure you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCustomerDined on 9/16/2014Excellent food and service. Booked mentioning a special occasion and the staff suprised our party with special attention. Love the attention to details by all at ChimaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceBlackwaterDined on 9/16/2014We paid for the more expensive choice of all the meats. It took forever to get the meat cuts we wanted. The filet wrapped in bacon can about 5 minutes before we left. We also upgraded for the cheesecake dessert. When it was time to order dessert, they were out of cheesecake.Special Features: