Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30 -10 PM - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)good for groups (179)fit for foodies (134)romantic (95)hot spot (63)notable wine list (60)neighborhood gem (42)kid-friendly (28)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (18)late-night find (18)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Not a Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Went during restaurant week...service below par...too long of a wait time for meat to be presented..sides out and cold by the time we got meat service...so not worth it
- ChimaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Went to Chima for restaurant week. The waiter gave my date and I the option of eating the restaurant week menu or the normal menu for 17.00 more. Opted for the normal menu. Food and food service was good. Alcohol service was slow. I assume because it was restaurant week and crowded affected the service. Had a good time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014I went for restaurant week and while I understand it is a discounted rate, I was unimpressed by the selection. The salad bar was great but the quality of the meats were not up to standard. Very fatty cuts, dry and tough. Sides were brought out within minutes of the appetizers and left to get cold. Not what I am used to for a Brazilian steakhouse.
- dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I have come to China several times usually the experience is good and the food is great however this time I came with a group of 4 as opposed to 6 or sometimes 8 and the service was not even nearly good I understand that it is restaurant week and you guys were very busy however I feel as though waiting for 25 to 35 minutes between an entree or meat was just not called for. I felt embarrassed and kept apologizing to my guest for the long wait between servers and as a result will most likely try to refrain from visiting Chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Go During Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014We made the mistake of going here during restaurant week. We managed to get a table without any trouble; unfortunately the servers seemed to differentiate between restaurant week and full paying customers. I understand it was busy but we were repeatedly not served when the waiters came around with the selection of food we had paid for. It was only after speaking with the manager that we were finally served after about 30 minutes of waiting. Overall an underwhelming experience and will likely not be back.Special Features:
- Bypass restaurant weekSteakasarusDined on 9/14/2014I understand and knew ahead of time that the restaurant week option was a select lesser menu. I have no issue with this and I was completely happy with the choices that would be available. I was a little disappointed that I spent so much time just sitting there with an empty plate because none of the selections we were eligible for seemed to come to the table. I think the seating should be established based off which me he you are going to dine off. I think this may help with the flow. Or else simply have more servers with the cuts that are available to the restaurant week menu to avoid frustrations as server after server walks by. My waitress did flag down servers for us and I appreciated that but I was underwhelmed this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service reviewbc0806Dined on 9/14/2014Food was great although lamb was omitted doing restaurant week. Service was superb - very attentative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Dinner at Chima was wonderful!! Our reservation was at 4:30 pm on a Sunday. This reservation was booked during Restaurant Week so I was expecting a little bit of a wait. However I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived at exactly 4:30 and immediately taken to our table. The wait staff was wonderful and catered to our every need. The selections of food was AWESOME. I will be visiting this restaurant again...very soon!! ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014I thought the staff was very, very attentive for how busy they were. The waiter told me they were doing over 1,000 sittings for Sunday. I was amazed how great they were, fast, efficient, attentive and very friendly. I would highly recommend as I keep going back again, and again so I definitely do like it there.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This was my visit and it will not be my last. Food and service were excellent. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Hey59donna1Dined on 9/14/2014Couldn't have had a better time or better service. Attentive waitstaff, management and servers! All happy to see that you had everything you wanted and when you wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but not too memorableSflow215Dined on 9/13/2014Service and atmosphere was great. However, the meat selection was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great, just go hungrey cause you will leave extremely full. price is alittle high but well worth it.Special Features:
- One of my new favsChrissysEatsDined on 9/13/2014This place is now on my top 5 fav spots!. I told my boyfriend that this is where I want to have my next birthday dinner. Everything was delicious and we were happy and stuffed by the end of the night. I highly recommend this place. U are constantly eating something different and all of the meats they serve were awesome and cooked to your liking. And the experience was different and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My third time coming here. Every time I come it gets better and better. I took my fam (parents, sister, niece 6y.o and nephew 9y.o) Sat eve, no crowd. Everyone loved it. They're still talking about it a week later. Many options from the salad bar/sides. Every choice of meat that I tasted was well cooked and flavorful. Definitely need to pace yourself. My cocktail (mojito), the best that I've tasted. Did not have room for dessert, but mom absolutely loved the hot bananas and ice cream. What made the experience amazing is the customer service from our waiter, the servers, and managers. They would ask which specific meat we were waiting for and they would send them right to our table. Everyone was kind, friendly and had a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Amazing , I loved the food and service. The meat was so tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great serivice not so muchunhappycustomerDined on 9/12/2014There was a blonde hostess named Hannah who was extremely rude to me and our waiter Nick was no better. The food was excellent but I must say that I would have had a much better time had the service been better. Both Hannah and Nick made me question whether or not I wanted to ever come back. I made sure to remember their names just so that I could be specific when writing a review. They made me feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, and rushed. Honestly I don't think I will ever go back. It was my second time at Chima and my first experience was amazing which is why I returned but this time around just put me in a bad space.Special Features:
- Chima is Great!MohitDined on 9/12/2014The great ambiance is what sets he mood when you first walk in although you may have reserved a table they still may make you wait, but it's worth the wait for sure! The hostesses are really nice as well as the waiters. Service is very prompt and waitress was great! Food was great best selection of meats!Special Features:
- Come ready to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food is amazing but make sit to come hungry ... Buffet style and trust me you will eat !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, a bit noisyCollegeFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Sat down (no wait with our reservation, people were waiting out the door) and our server told us they work in teams of four, so we would have four servers for the eventing...odd. Wine list was overwhelmingly long for someone looking for a glass, in an iPad because it was so long. Salad bar was amazing, everything from salads, soups, rice, fish salads, meat salads! We had the restaurant week menu (9 meats instead of 15, which is 35 instead of 52, and cuts out most lamb) Overall it was amazing, highly reccomend. Come hungry, if your not super into lamb go during restaurant week to save some money. Don't bring a vegiatrian here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnikkirDined on 9/12/2014My 3rd time. I really enjoyed everything except for the added gratuity. We actually tipped twice because we didn't know it was already included on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatTamikaDined on 9/11/2014My son and I had a great time. It was my sons first time there and he loved it. The reaction on his face when started eating was priceless. GREAT job keep up the awesome job. Oh out waiter was the best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week serviceHSWTFDined on 9/11/2014Well if you don't mind only seeing your waiter when you sit down and for the check at the end then you will be happy. However, to watch him swoon over the 6 tops and neglect you and your dinner companion really got under my skin. Chima booked way more than they could handle, we waited 30 plus minutes past our booked reservation to be seated. I guess when you are more worried about the amount of money you are going to make than the kind of service you are going to provide your customers, you are in for a bad ride. Also, some people were rudely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited 30 mins with my reservationQeertyDined on 9/11/2014Had to wait 30 minutes even though I scheduled a reservation a week in advance. Once seated the food was pretty good, nothing overly special, and the service was very good from the waitstaff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMBROTHERTON21Dined on 9/11/2014Incredible place...Great service for servers and waiters. Food is spectacular and variety is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nopedalogical1Dined on 9/11/2014Were seated at 830 for a 745 reservation, 45 minutes went by before anyone on our table got their first cut of meat, 25 minutes wait till we got the next cut. Drinks order was filled once and they had to be reminded that we needed a refill. A 18% tip was added to our table of 3 people with no obvious way to take it off the cheque. We got charged for refills on the drinks and ended up paying $55 each for dinner that's advertised as $35. Will never go there again.
- ChimaMeghDined on 9/11/2014We have been to a couple other Brazilian steakhouses and I have to say Chima was not my favorite. Service was good in the beginning and then as dinner went on our waiter seemed to be disinterested in our table. We waited twenty minutes with the check before he took it and got us change (which they had to scramble for). The food was very good. The only complaint we had about the food was one of the steak carvers flung a piece of meat right into the arm of my friend and then left it on the ground. Maybe it was just an off night for service at Chima?Special Features:
- Food good, slow serviceLove2trynewthingsDined on 9/11/2014Meats were good when they got to the table, we never had to turn our card to no thank you. Could be because it was Restaurent week , but was busy and slow. It was our first time there so not sure if every night is the same. We sat for a good 40 min with just fish, chicken and sausage offered, finally brought some steak . After being offered steak 3 times in an hour, just tired of waiting. For the price I felt that we were only brought steak after a long wait and long in between, was a disappointment . Servers and host were nice and food was good when it finally came.Special Features:
- Great Experience!mattyice15Dined on 9/11/2014Couldn't have been more satisfied with this restaurant! I go here every year for restaurant week and it gets better each time. No where else will give you this bang-for-your-buck! Not only is the price affordable, but you eat until you are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014My husband really likes this place anytime we have a chance we try to make it out to CHIMA! If you go once you will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeBaileyDined on 9/10/2014My family and I went for my Mother's birthday in December and truly enjoyed ourselves. The family event was during Restaraunt Week where, I guess, the menu was tamed down but the service should not have been. We were told that 10 out of 16 choices would still be availabe to us, but Servers kept passing us by or the same Server visited. Ten choices NEVER made our table which really upset my Mother. The four choices that made our table numerous of times were very good, but my Moher came for more than the salad bar and boneless chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima ReviewJoeySDined on 9/10/2014My first experience at Chima was during restaurant week so needless to say it was extremely busy, and the servers seemed a little stretched out. Other than that though, the food was outstanding! Everything was nice and hot when it was brought to the table, all cooked to perfection. The salad bar was also great with a lot of selection. One thing that was a little annoying was the time it took for my group and I to get a sample of every meat. Again it was unusually crowded and I can see why this was. Other than those things, it was a wonderful dinner and I definitely intend to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restuarant week reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014We went to Chima for restaurant week so I was prepared for it to be very busy and it was. We waited almost 40 minutes past our reservation time for a table. Once we sat down the service was good, a little slow with the drinks. The meat was delicious, particularly the beef cuts. This is why we came so I was happy. Didn't spend too much time at the salad bar but it was decent. Overall I was glad I paid the restaurant week price despite the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014I loved all the meats I tried. The servers were all very nice and prompt. They were very quick to refill anything at the salad station before anything ran out. I hate to sound like an old person since I'm only 22, but it was a little loud and dark in there. It seemed like they were almost trying to make it like a bit like a bar scene, which is unnecessary with food that good.Special Features:
- Great FoodFrankyBDined on 9/10/2014I went here during restaurant week and it was great. Price was only $35 for a great salad bar and all the meats besides lamb and 2 cuts of fillet but believe me you will be full when you leave. The service never stops until you flip your card back to red showing you need a break.Special Features:
- Would go again!!!BirthdaygirlDined on 9/10/2014Our Waiter started out great in the beginning, but as the restaurant became more occupied, service began to decline. We had to wait longer for anything that we needed. We were waiting for our cake to come and I had to tell the waiter 3x and then the second time I asked for coffee when the cake comes out and he brought it before warm. But the food was good and fresh, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekJDS1Dined on 9/9/2014I went during restaurant week for a birthday dinner. They offered you an appetizer, salad bar and their usual selection of meats for $35 per person. At first I thought the cuts were really small but you get filled up very quickly. Drinks and dessert is not included. I enjoyed my time and was happy with the restaurant week price because I don't think I would normally go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everytime I dine....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Every single time I done here at Chima, I have a beyond wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great timeTeeluvsgdfoodDined on 9/8/2014Me and my family were there for my mothers birthday . It was her and my sons first time there my mother was so overwhelmed with all the meat options . She was in all with the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly they even sang happy birthday to my mother in Brazilian ,my 11 year son wants to go back to this restaurant for his twelfth birthday. And we will definitely be back in Oct .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeRtojDined on 9/7/2014I really enjoyed this establishment. The selection was good and service exceptional. I recommend the ribs, rice and beans, and fried bananas. The wine list was respectable and their signature cocktail was delicious. However, there Mai tai leaves something to be desired (very watered down). All in all, it was a great evening at a great establishment and I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.