Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1901 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2155315820x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30 -10 PM - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Located in Center City Philadelphia, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. From the moment you enter our beautiful location on 20th and JFK, you feel the warm welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy our full rodizio dinner served by authentic gauchos or enjoy a cocktail in our chic lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)good for groups (131)fit for foodies (85)romantic (79)hot spot (49)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (24)kid-friendly (24)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- You won't regret it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The food was delicious and the service was very impressive (every single employee I interacted with was very polite and professional). The iPad menus for drinks and desserts were a very nice touch! Two areas for improvement: 1) The tables were too close together (which was weird because there was plenty of space) 2) A loud unruly child at the table next to me was standing up on his chair and running around the table. I expect that at Dennys or Ihop, not a nice place like Chima. I realize it's a touchy issue to approach parents about their children's behavior at a restaurant, but something should have been done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service. Everything was amazing. The manager saw me looking around and checked to see if everything was okay. Good observation by herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!lulupopDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing, the food was soo good especially the top sirloin, and the black beans and pork. And the salmon. Great atmosphere and great waiters. This place is great for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but priceyPhotoluver8Dined on 8/22/2014Yummy food, but pricey. It's about $50 bucks a person and it's all you can eat, but who can eat that much meat?! You fill up fast and I don't think you eat 50 bucks worth of meat. It is yummy, but not the best steak ever. However the service is wonderful. You feel special and there is a lot of variety! But be prepared to feel stuffed! Just wish it was a little cheaper. Would rather pay 40 bucks for a huge delicious steak. Definitely not an everyday affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckDined on 8/21/2014Best Chima experience of 2014. Things had tailed off, but recent changes seemed to have turned things around. Grilled veggies........................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing bad to saySafebearDined on 8/16/2014Salad bar was good but who goes to a place like this for salad? Once we flipped over the "yes please" coin and the meat started arriving it was all melt in your mouth. Definitely not somewhere I'd go on a regular basis because of the price but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioushotscorpiocopDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely delicious. The lamb, the fillet and the beef ribs melted in our mouths. However, the barbecue pork ribs were slightly overcooked. They were still tasty. Tank you for a great eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat HangoverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014I guess I'm just not used to this quantity of meat! Lots of options and readily available but I ate more than I am accustomed to and felt a bit overloaded by all the protein. The meat was OK in general... the best were the lamb chops. My 19 year old son loved it, but it's a lot to spend (about $70. per person) on an experience.... I would rather smaller portions at a fine dining venue.
- Very good dinnerluvfoodDined on 8/12/2014we went there on a Tuesday evening so there were only us and a few other tables, which made for easy access to all of the many meat selections that they have. if they don't bring by what you were looking for - just ask and they will bring it to you and even at a specified temperature if requested. The service was great, we were their for a birthday and they gave us complimentary cake and took a picture which they printed for us. That was an unexpected and nice touch. Be ready to eat when you go here, its all you can eat! its a bit pricey $52.50/person, very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- ExcellentMonkDined on 8/10/2014The food and service was excellent. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterImasDined on 8/9/2014The food is always amazing and the staff continues striving to outdo themselves every time we visit! Extremely customer friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Lacking ServicelackingDined on 8/9/2014Despite many efforts of telling the gouchos what we wanted they just keep bringing what we didn't want..our party of 4 doesn't eat the fish or chicken but we tell them that and just keep coming with that anyway even when we tell them we want the different beef dishes offered. It took 20 min for them to get back around with the top sirloin that we all wanted. It see me really odd and im a foodie and have been here several times and its been like that the last 3 times I was their . Just fyi. Food is good but that part can be frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet the managerWeEatItAllDined on 8/9/2014They have a new manager here and she is amazing!! Full of energy, willing to talk but not overbearing. She takes a very hands on approach to make sure everything is perfect. The food is also great and wonderful but she actually made the night perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacejaygDined on 8/6/2014Food and service are outstanding. I definitely recommend trying,you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner!!!!!Anniversary3Dined on 8/6/2014I'm very thankful a family member suggested to me to have our Anniversary dinner here !!!!!!!It was a wonderful first experience and good was delicious!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!shawkaDined on 8/3/2014This was the 2nd time I had been to a Brazilian Steakhouse. This was fantastic all around!! The food was delicious. The staff was very accommodating. It was a little overwhelming for me to have the different foods brought to the table so fast. Next time I will turn my card over sooner to slow things down. I will definitely go back when I am in the area again.Special Features:
- Great ServiceBeefeaterDined on 8/2/2014Chima is a great Brazilian steakhouse with excellent service and food. They certainly are well managed and we had a good meal there. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I go here about 2 to 3X a year. We always enjoy the food. Our favorite is the lamb chops! The waiters and waitresses are so outstanding and professional. The manager came by to see how things were a few times. We always bring someone with us that hasn't experienced the steakhouse yet. This time it was my sister in law. She had a great experience! Wonderful meal! Thoroughly enjoyed it! The saladbar is awesome too!Special Features:
- Best Brazilian steakhouse in TOWN!DineenDCDined on 8/1/2014Been to all three, and hands down…best meat, salad bar and service for a Brazilian steakhouse in Philadelphia. Flank steak and Filet mignon are the best I have ever tasted! Make sure you try the spread with the cheese balls. Salad bar is complete freshness! Service was excellent, easy to make reservations and convenient parking. A must try on the Philadelphia restaurant scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food High PriceJTdinerDined on 7/31/2014The food and ambiance are great. The bill was ridiculous. I've been to similar restaurants at the same level that are much less costly. Otherwise, I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious SteaksPhillyFoodieDined on 7/24/2014We've been to Chima several times and have always enjoyed it. On this visit, we were celebrating a birthday. In the past, they used to sing "Happy Birthday" in Portuguese and offer a complimentary dessert. Unfortunately, no one offered us a dessert even though it was mentioned to us when we confirmed our reservation. One was given to us on the way out when we let the hostess know that it was forgotten. We were also told that they don't sing "Happy Birthday" anymore. Despite this, we loved the steaks (especially the house specialty which is sirloin) and sides as well as the salad bar. Come hungry and enjoy!Special Features:
- The food & Staff are AMAZING....CElliotteDined on 7/22/2014I have visited this resturant several times for business meetings, family dinners etc. and my experience has always been PHENOMENAL! The manager Cheryl always goes out of her way to ensure that we have the ultimate Chima experience. The staff are AMAZING from the time we arrived at the front desk, throught out our dinner service we were treated like rock stars A+ professionalism all the way. The food is always top quality and the atmosphere is always pleasant and inviting. Me, my staff and colleagues will be back for more.... ClaudetteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing short of amazingblumDined on 7/19/2014From the moment you walk in until you leave they make you feel like a king. Ive never had such a wonderful experience dining out from the greeters, waitstaff, management, and food as I did at chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMelissaDined on 7/18/2014Great salad bar along with the meat offerings. Kids love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So stuffed!HestisDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I brought my parents here for dinner and we all enjoyed ourselves! We were so stuffed by the time we left. The food was excellent. We were happy to participate in the Susan G Koman promotion as well. The waitstaff is very knowledgable about the wine and beer selection. The show excellent service as well. The only thing we didn't like was that the bar music was so loud on top of the dining room music which was also on the loud side. (Two different types of music playing at the same time)We had trouble hearing what the waitstaff was saying and had trouble talking with each other at our table. Music doesn't change the taste of the food though.... We are already planning our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerKNelsonDined on 7/16/2014A few of my co-workers who live in Chicago and the UK love Chimas when they are in Philly. We visit every couple months and have the same remarkable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational Food and ServiceI81U812Dined on 7/15/2014The never ending variety of food is one to be thankful for. Sirloin, Cajun Ribeye leaves you coming back for more. I love Chima Brazil Steakhouse!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat!EstroVIPDined on 7/14/2014I like this restaurant and ate there many times. the meat is very good, the salads are good and even though it's expensive, i think it's a good value. my problem is that they "hide" the quality meat and don't come with it unless you ask for it. it's not ok. other then that, it's a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Absolutely loved it! That was my first time at the kind of steak house. It really was devine.Special Features:
- A Very Happy Birthday!dinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our son's 24th birthday here. The evening exceeded expectations. The meats were perfectly cooked and the service was outstanding. Every person who came to our table was friendly and helpful. We were not rushed and were asked several times if there was anything else special we would like to try. The restaurant also provided a special birthday dessert and group photo, which was a nice touch. Highly recommend for a celebration dinner, particularly if you enjoy sampling a lot of delicious meats. (The salad bar was good too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICTotallySatisfiedDined on 7/11/2014You will NOT be disappointed! The food, ambiance, and staff are unparalleled!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time.TWJ1Dined on 7/10/2014Went for the second time with my wife. Always courteous service and great food. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsShirl207Dined on 7/8/2014First time eating at this restaurant. The food was excellent, servers was very attentive. Definitely going back very soon. Although I only eat chicken and fish, it was still worth it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone. Come with an empty stomach.Special Features:
- Very Professional!dteTreeDined on 7/5/2014One of Philadelphia's best restaurants in my persona opinion. The venue looks great and has comfortable seating. The staff are very well mannered and always have a smile on their faces. The food is great!!Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyMahfoyeDined on 7/4/2014Not a place for weekly dining (50+. Per person), but the meats were unbelievable; salad bar unique...be sure to calculate drinks and desserts extra to the $52 general service fee...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience.RickDDined on 7/2/2014I have been to several Brazilian Rodizio's but the Brazilian Rodizio's in Newark, NJ. are still the best. The food was great at Chima but the meat selection was small compared to the ones in Newark, NJ. no exotic meats or grilled pineapple. The salad bar was small also compared to the ones in Newark which are three times bigger and have a huge selection of hot and cold foods. If you want coffee and desert expect to pay an additional $14. per person. The bill for two was $154 with Ice tea, desert and coffee plus a $30. tip. Expect to pay for parking which cost $10. to $16. Was it worth the 2 hour drive from Delaware? I could have taken the train since I work for Amtrak and travel for free (4 blocks from 30th st. Sta.)Special Features:
- Had to prove her wrongDontGetOutMuchDined on 6/28/2014Mom was in town and swore "Longhorn Steakhouse was the best she's been, in Maryland", I thought she was kidding. So my boys and I brought her to you and ya' didn't let me down. I told her just the site of the skewered meat would make her mouth water....she stood corrected. She greatly enjoyed herself. She was very impressed (as was I) with the service and the knowledge they had without missing a beat. And the food.....from the apps to the meats....they were delicious. I couldn't tell you what they were, but the appetizers were very tasty. My sons were very pleased as was I. The atmosphere was great. You guys really paid attention to detail. Thanks for a fulfilling evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePapaleckiVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was great. Huge salad bar, with fantastic offerings. House dressing is to die for. Meat service is fantastic, Meats are delicious and never endingSpecial Features:
- Great Food, and AtmosphereeattwiceasmuchDined on 6/28/2014Enjoy the atmosphere of tableside food cooked and sliced to your perfection. 13 different meats on skewers brought to you one after the other as much you can devour. The salad bar a must but if you’re a steak eater, save the room for the meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurants.TWJ1Dined on 6/27/2014Beautiful restaurant in the scenic area of downtown Philadelphia. My wife and went there for our 15th wedding anniversary. Great food, great service. We definitely plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.