Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
139 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7046014141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please check out our monthly events on the website www.chimasteakhouse.com.
- Public Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Chima offers complimentary Valet Parking
Monday - Friday: Valet starts at 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Valet starts at 4 pm
No Valet service when Panthers are playing.
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
409 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (327)good for groups (196)romantic (155)fit for foodies (140)hot spot (81)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (27)scenic view (26)late-night find (22)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great food, setting, & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was great. Great for a date night or dinner with friends. My only complaint would be the price. It's a lot making this a special occasion pick versus a regular go to. The quality is worth it but probably not a practical choice of frequency for the average young professional. Dinner for two 170 after tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Best restaurant I've been to in a long time. Took my girlfriend there for her birthday and she love it. She hard to please but she love it. The food is excellent and the staff is exceptional. Will difinately be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have been deployed to Afghanistan for last 3 years and came home last weekebd. My husband and i enjoyed this place as a romantic get away. Wonderful food, service and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parts were greatamysDined on 8/30/2014the food was really very good and everything was kept fresh and available, the bus boy was excellent, the waitresses we had were very unhappy we were not getting drinks and or wine and just sticking to the dinner, they were impossible to find the four times I needed them, however the food was still yummy!Special Features:
- JSJBDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding, the service exceptional. The servers were very attentive and ensured that our dining experience was one to remember. Thank you!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Really great atmosphere and the service was even more incredible than the food which was GREAT.Special Features:
- First time at Chima, what a treat!HoosierTravelerDined on 8/24/2014We were greeted warmly and quickly shown to our table. Service from Joseph and the team was impeccable but not overwhelming. The salad bar looked great and any items I sampled were fresh. And, of course, the meat was out of this world. My guests were friends from out of state, as was I and I chose this restaurant because of its location, the ability to make a reservation on Open Table and reputation. An excellent meal and we all left well-satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalFatboyDined on 8/24/2014Food was great really looking forward to my next visit. By far the be$t buffet ever. Make sure u bring a fat wallet and a empty stomach when u leave it will be the opposite way around. Be sure to save a tip for valet since its complimentary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceChanciedqwnDined on 8/23/2014The wait staff was amazing and very friendly. Out of the meats that are offered the same four came over constantly. The other meats offered were never brought to the tables. It's not an expensive place to eat but at other places uptown they don't make you wait 20 min to open a bottle of wine bc they can't find wine glasses. The salad bar is also lacking. More variety would have been nice.Special Features:
- Lots of MeatNoble950Dined on 8/22/2014A little Pricey but you get a lot of meat of the price. They offer a variety of cuts that you cans and meats. The meat is portioned well enough which will allow you to try the others that they have. will returnSpecial Features:
- Open Table Diner Since 2011dinefor2Dined on 8/22/2014We always make it a special occasion to have dinner at Chima's. Our last visit was to celebrate in triple, as it was our 31st wedding anniversary, my husbands birthday and the couple that was with us their, 21st wedding anniversary. The food was delicious as always and the service was excellent! If you go hungry it is your own fault. I highly recommend you trying for yourself, you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the ExperienceBobbyZDined on 8/18/2014Food is excellently prepared and has great eye appeal as well, Staff deserves raves for attentiveness. Will definitely return and bring guests when they visit.Special Features:
- disappointingsouthernfried3Dined on 8/16/2014I took my wife ( 7 months pregnant ) and my neighbor who has helped Us with a lot of things at our house. Our dining experience was good and food overwhelming. We Valeted our car. We came out of the restaurant we were all food drunk and distracted by the Charlotte Pride festival. We got in the car and went home. The next morning when I went outside I notice the wheel badly scraped. Called and emailed right away. The valet is giving Us the run a round. I just cleaned the car before we went, and went straight home after. My diner is costing me over $600 for three people. I have been business in Charlotte for 15 years. I take pride in my honest and integrity . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Great salad bar, meat selections, and service. My wife & I love meat so this was a great place for our anniversary. The price was very reasonable for the value. Service was great. We'll be back. It's probably our new favorite restaurant in the Charlotte area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in CharlotteElegantdiningexperience18Dined on 8/12/2014This restaurant was the best restaurant I have ever been to they made my 18th wedding anniversary very special. Our waiter was CARLOS and he done a fantastic job. The food was so tasty and was the perfect temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneytunijoDined on 8/9/2014We arrived with 8 oclock reservations, it was so loud that we couldn't even hear the girls at the front or the waiter, we kept having him repeat himself, the salad bar was ok, but did notice gnats were on a hunk of cheese, just sitting there and flying around. The meat was good, nothing spectacular, and I noticed more than a few bottles of wine on the menu that I have seen in grocery stores that were triple the price.The service was great, the food fair, but definitely not worth the price, two dinners, one glass of wine, water, and a tip was 155.00, too much for a noisy not so special dinner.
- Good food and service but...YumInMyTumDined on 8/9/2014We had reservations for a Saturday night...walked in and they sat us immediately. Servers were very attentive and helpful with the wine list. Food selection was vast and tasty. Definitely suited for a more sophisticated palate. Here is the bad part where I had to ding them on the star rating. Bugs...there were little gnats or fruit flies flying around our table and even got in my food a couple times. Yuck. Fortunately, I could have gotten more if I chose to. Also, restaurant itself felt too warm in the section we were sitting (table 11). I think I would give it one more try and hope they have those issues fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima in Charlotte experienceLancasterDined on 8/6/2014Great experience. Unique, fun and memorable. Service is very attentive and the food quality is excellent with a lot of choices.Special Features:
- superblovedatenightDined on 8/5/2014Chima is one of these places you will never forget from entry to exit, wonderful food, exceptional service, just the best, can't wait till hubby brings me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefanaticDined on 8/5/2014It was a fantastic first time experience. The service was spectacular and very attentive. I would definitely come back again and recommend Chimes to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place If You Are NOT HungryPetsRuleDined on 8/3/2014My husband & I went last Sunday night. Service was terrible. We are both thin people and don't eat much, but we left Chima hungry. The green card means bring food ~ it was totally ignored. We eat Brazilian food quite often, normally at Fogo de Chao in Atlanta, but this place was terrible. And if you are wondering what I did eat, 1 pork sausage, 1 bacon wrapped chicken, 1 small filet piece, & 3 slices of the top sirloin ~ that was all I could get them to bring to me. Although, they did suggest we purchase a dessert. We will never go back.
- Great meat, but poor/slow serviceMeatloverDined on 8/3/2014Food is always high quality, but they constantly bring out the cheap meat (sausage and chicken) to fill you up, and I had to ask about 5 times for the filet, ribeye, and top sirloin before they finally brought it out. Whenever we needed the waiter to do something, it took forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionShayShayDined on 8/3/2014This was my first time at a Brazilian Steakhouse. Chima has a beautiful atmosphere and is great for a special night out. Definitely great food with lots of variety. Very much enjoyed the salad bar and the ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima is where you want to go!!Ayerim8153Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went to diner here for our first year anniversary. We had never been here before and were kind of skeptical however we were greeted well and the ambience was overall great!! We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dinner!Soon2BEmptyNestDined on 8/2/2014We took a party of 10 with several new to the concept in our party. This evening was a going away celebration for our sons who are going back to and/or starting college. The service at Chima is OUTSTANDING. Everyone was impressed with food, food quality, good humor and overall ambience. This is an excellent concept for large parties as there is no waiting to order, waiting for food, etc. You sit down and ready, set, go! Everyone is treated to a meal of their own making. We left full and happy! We will definitely visit again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Must Try!!KI24Dined on 8/1/2014This is a must try restaurant!!! LOVE the Baby Top Sirloin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding anniversary dinnerAmybDined on 7/29/2014The food and service here is always outstanding. This place is one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014First time, it was really good. Loved it... the service was great, food, and people. We loved the way the service was and very organized and flowed well. I loved all the variety to try and the meats, and the desserts.. We wanted to make it a experience so we stayed with the traditional food.Special Features:
- extended restaurant weekdmd125Dined on 7/29/2014Although they charged us full price we used a coupon from chimas web site for 20.00 offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RodizioHopelsDined on 7/28/2014We have been to Chima many times and love it. The food is fantastic and service is typically attentive and wonderful. We go with groups of friends or for business dinners and are never disappointed. I think with restaurant week they were overwhelmed and therefore service suffered and they were out of some items. But, I would still high recommend Chima as I know this was an unusual visit. Definitely try all of the cuts of meat and don't skip the fish. It is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night PlaceSweetReepDined on 7/27/2014Eating here is more of an experience. Trying all the different meats was fun. The salad bar was interesting. It was not your typical lettuce and toppings. We had a great time, but probably wouldn't go back for a while. It's more of a one time thing because of the experience and the cost.Special Features:
- Very attentiveellesDined on 7/27/2014The food is wonderful and the choices are varied, but it was the service that truly stood out. Really pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- Meat Eater Treatbigboy2351Dined on 7/27/2014This was a little different from what I am used to, but it was not bad at all! The salad bar was a little too exotic for my tasting, but the 8 different meat selections were such a delight. All the meat was prepared well and very tasteful! Considering this being a Brazilian steakhouse it was a great experience with a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with our Queen's Feast ChoicenorthernbelleDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at Chima.We enjoyed it very much but would probably not go back any time soon.The food was excellent and plentiful; the all-you-can-eat salad bar was like no other salad bar we had ever seen.It had literally everything from soup to nuts. Every single item was fresh and delicious. The meats were wonderful with our favorite being the parmesan crusted pork. With that being said, it is much too loud. It's a fun restaurant but it was hard to talk to each.If you are looking for a nice, quiet peaceful dinner this is not the restaurant for you. We did have a few concerns but our waiter dealt with them quickly and to our satisfaction.I would not go to this type of restaurant more than once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EventNeeseDined on 7/27/2014I visit Chima's often and have always loved it. However, I decided to visit during Queen's Feast and it appears since they were offering the meal at a much lesser price, the quality of meats seemed to match. The ribs and lamb were not in its normal abundance.Special Features:
- Delicious !!YummyNMytummyDined on 7/27/2014Went to chima over the weekend and I must say from the moment we walked the courteous staff was amazing. The food was awesome and I walked out stuffed. This is a great addition to charlotte. Love the rodizio style serving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BH1234Dined on 7/27/2014Not happy about the extra charge for the full selection of meatsSpecial Features:
- Don't Go During Restaurant WeekDisappointedDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Chima's several times. I would rate my last experience as average. We were seated upstairs and it was uncomfortably hot during the entire dining experience. In addition, the lamb chops which are my favorite was only average. Not as delicious as I remembered. Not sure if this was because it was during restaurant week but I was somewhat disappointed but willing to give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah-mazing!AmazingDined on 7/27/2014I have absolutely no complaints about the my experience at Chima. My parents raved about a Brazilian restaurant that they visited while on vacation so I thought that it would be a great idea to take them to Chima. They're already planning a trip back down to visit! The food, service, and ambience were all outstanding. Thank you for such a great experience. This is the way that dining should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereJazzy1Dined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed the experience behind the whole meat to the table concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.