Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
139 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7046014141x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please check out our monthly events on the website www.chimasteakhouse.com.
- Public Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Chima offers complimentary Valet Parking
Monday - Friday: Valet starts at 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Valet starts at 4 pm
No Valet service when Panthers are playing.
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
402 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (312)good for groups (206)romantic (159)fit for foodies (150)notable wine list (86)hot spot (79)neighborhood gem (30)scenic view (29)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- adventurousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014fabelious! expensive but worth every penny! must try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Never ending tasty selection! Highly recommended! From beginning to end.. Salad bar, meats, and dessert.. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salfoodieDined on 10/28/2014I took my wife and daughter here for my wife's birthday and she had a wonderful experience. This place is great for big meat eaters, which my wife is not. However I heard they have a decent salad bar and she was blown away by the freshness and choices. The salad bar is well done and not cheap and gross. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was poorfoodieDined on 10/25/2014The food was great the service not so much. We didn't get our sides until after we were done with our meal, there were two large groups seated near us that seemed to take us the attention of all the servers and also all the food so we were sitting around for 5-10 minutes waiting for food to come around to us. Next time I crave Brazillian steakhouse, I think I'll drive down to ATL and go to FOGO
- Anniversary dinnerPaleogrubDined on 10/23/2014We love Chima for special occasions. The food is amazing, service is spot on and atmosphere is relaxed. However, this visit we were seated near a couple with a very young child that was getting cranky and vocal - this restaurant is NOT the place for small, in controllable children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding as alwaysems26Dined on 10/22/2014Chima never ceases to amaze me. The salad bar is stocked, fresh and expansive. The meats are plentiful and cooked to your liking. The service, as well as management, are on their "A" game nightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014There were 8 of us and we had a great meal! It was a birthday celebration and we would definitely come back (it was our first time). However, we will not order $7.00 bottles of water. This was very misleading by our waiter and never saw a price listed until we received our bill and were shocked. Will not be doing that again as he kept bringing more without asking first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Resturant. A++++DinnerDined on 10/18/2014Nothing but class here. My eating experiences have been greatly elevated.Special Features:
- Great Night OutHnBEDined on 10/18/2014We had a great time a Chima. The service was top notch and the food was excellent! We went there to celebrate my birthday and the staff made it a wonderful night. The lighting was nice and not too dark. It was fun how the food was served, it came a little fast but really enjoyed it. The fried bananas were amazing. We'd go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima is simply fantasticRicknRachelleDined on 10/17/2014We make Chima a regular visit, at least as regular as our waistlines permit! The service and food is always fantastic, and we have never had a disappointing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceylv2trynewthingsDined on 10/17/2014Service was beyond expectations however the food was just what I would call good. Salad bar seemed to be overall very "salty" at least the mixed salads. The meat was as good as Ruth Chris but found overall prices to be "high" in comparison to restaurants of same caliber. The experience of tasting food from Brazil was interesting but not sure worth the cost. I was most impressed with the service however again a bit pricy. Overall good experience and would recommend however I would probably not go again. Once was enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine herefoodiefanaticDined on 10/15/2014I was having a business dinner with a V.I.P and was blown away by the level of service and care we received. I would recommend Chima to anyone who wants to hold business dinners and impress clients. There wine list alone is outstanding, but the service and food are why it's such a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and good foodMarvinDined on 10/12/2014It is a good place for groups. Good ambiance and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent restaurant food was delicious. The service and attention to detail was amazing. Will return.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayBirthdayDinnerDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place for a special occassion. The lay out is very 'new york city'......Easy to get around and get to the buffet. Staff is excellent. We just had the salad bar which includes Salmon and Swordfish......for $32.50 each....excellent value....Meat costs an extra $20 each....so we had a Birthday meal for aobut $75 which was gourmet.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceWeb21Dined on 10/10/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left the employees treated us wonderfully. Thank you Chima for making a memorable birthday for our 12 year old son. From the salad bar to the delicious meats you will not go away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shavonne MshayDined on 10/6/2014Food was awesome!! Just wish they disclose info regarding tips procedures.Special Features:
- Fun date nightFirsttimeguestDined on 10/4/2014We had a great server and great food! My only complaint was that the asparagus and bread rolls at the salad bar were cold, I would have preferred them both to be warm!Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, nice foodds41331Dined on 10/1/2014Outstanding selection and taste of meat dishes, great atmosphere, salad bar with more than 30 options. Waiters were friendly and helpful. Explained the Rodizio experience and helped out with the coctails and desserts. Will come back again.Special Features:
- I will be backfoodiefanaticDined on 10/1/2014I had a great time, the restaurant was busy and we still had top knot ch service. Reed and Bianca we're our servers and did a wonderful job. I will be back for the food and atmosphere as well as their wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place for Wife's BdayRockfishDined on 9/30/2014They treated us or more importantly my better half like Royalty. Food was plentiful and made to order. The variety of meats and wonderful vegetable and salad buffet was perfect. The buffet is maintained immaculately and we did not have any concern eating from a buffet as we have had at other locations. The team service approach was well coordinated.Special Features:
- Loved it!smartblondeDined on 9/29/2014The evening was everything we expected. The meat is fabulous, the salad/food bar is filled with an amazing selection of items, and the service is attentive. We had a wonderful time. Additionally, Chima is very community conscious, and has hosted many events which support local arts and businesses. Thank you, Chima!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experience, but not specialoccasionaldinerDined on 9/27/2014Chima was a fun experience, but for someone who doesnt do a lot of expensive meals uptown charlotte, i would probably choose somewhere different next time.. went for anniversary and probably not a great choice for that kind of experience.. for an all you can eat meal, i would recommend.. the meat selection was great and the salad bar was good as well.. the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Chimas alway out do themselves. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceEnjoyableDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I recently visited Chima restaurant for our 17th wedding anniversary. The restaurant was clean , staff very attentive and friendly. The food was very flavorful and abundant my only regret was I got full to fast and could not sample all 17 amazing meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Expensive!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We went without knowing the price, big mistake! The food was outstanding, no doubt but $50 a person? No way! The food will always be remembered but I like other restaurants as well that are cheaper with same review. Sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work DinnerGoodtimeDined on 9/25/2014Amazing dining experience. Fun and perfect for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceMommyTwingleDined on 9/22/2014Quite pricey and I'm not a fan of including the tip on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bougie buffetNevermoreDined on 9/22/2014A buffet with table side meats. 2-3 times as expensive as a steakhouse in Brazil. Salty meat. Dry chicken. Slow service.Special Features:
- This place is awesome!ems26Dined on 9/21/2014I recently had dinner here on Sunday before the Panthers game. I've been to other brazilian steakhouses before, but this was my first time at Chima. I knew there would be plenty to eat but the quality of the food and service exceeded my expectations; worth every penny. The salad bar is awesome, the meat is awesome, the service is awesome!Special Features:
- Go Hungry!LuvmyeggsVIPDined on 9/21/2014The selection and taste of the meats is awesome. So many good things on the salad bar also. Decisions, decisions. The upstairs bar was awesome and the manager, waiters and staff were so friendly.Special Features:
- Amazing placeChristyluvDined on 9/20/2014This spot is amazing and the salad bar had so much to choose form. The staff was very attentive that's a plus in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveDined on 9/20/2014Awesome food, selection of meats, and perfect service. A little pricey, but was still well worth the money for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As AlwaysHadsterVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is not the first time I go to Chima, I love it more every time I go. It is the #1 restaurant that comes to mind when I need to take friends from out of town to dinner. Filet and Flank Steak are amazing. Pair your meat with a bottle of Antigal 1 Uno Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina.Special Features:
- Delicious but fast paced.DutchmanVIPDined on 9/19/2014The salad bar was fantastic and the 16 or so different types of meat on rotation are all so delicious! Everything also tasted great. My only "grumble" is that it is all incredibly fast paced with the meat coming to your table. I understand some people like this pace, but for my wife and I it was too much of a constant interruption of conversation. I must commend, however, that the staff was willing to get us any cut of meat upon request and did so promptly and they are not shy about leading with pricier cuts.Special Features:
- novicenadinel6Dined on 9/17/2014It was my first time there with a group of co-workers. I was impressed when the waiter assign to our table explained how the service works. One of the waiters that was helping was ask a question and did not answer tactfully. The food was scrumptious. In the future, I would love to come back with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelNezDined on 9/15/2014Food was outstanding and service was great. Sean was our server and he did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- nothappyDined on 9/14/2014Screaming kid next to us ruined our dinner and would not seat part of our party while the others were parking even though the restaurant was EMPTY for a 5 pm reservation. Waiter was bad, to boot. Won't return plus VERY EXPENSIVE.
- dry meat... waste of time and moneyGoodtimesDined on 9/13/2014did not like it at all..really dry meat...service is not the best too..had people with meat coming to our table only 4 times in an hour (may be it was a good thing since it was not a good meat anyway)..they do have good salad bar but it definitely should not cost $30 (meat and salad bar together is $52.2)...would not go there again even if it was free..waste of money and time...