Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
139 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: (704) 601-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please check out our monthly events on the website www.chimasteakhouse.com.
- Public Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Chima offers complimentary Valet Parking
Monday - Friday: Valet starts at 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Valet starts at 4 pm
No Valet service when Panthers are playing.
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (182)good for groups (124)romantic (104)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (67)hot spot (41)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (16)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- KerryDined on 11/22/2014Our dining experience was exceptional! We enjoyed the delicious salad bar offerings and the yummy "meats"! Our server, Carlos, was attentive and professional--and the gauchos kept their eyes on our "flip cards" as well! Every part of the evening, from the hostesses opening the door for us to the surprise birthday dessert in a togo bag, was fantastic! We greatly enjoyed our evening at Chima--and will visit again, hopefully sooner rather than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the meatsVictoriaVIPDined on 11/22/2014I was very impressed with the service here, I like how the servers tag team the tables and the meat cutters (aka Gauchos) are so ninja-like without being obtrusive. Go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate any occasionjustmencDined on 11/22/2014Food & service are fantasic! They will help you celebrate any occasion. They are attentive to your specific needs. Very energetic atomsphere can be fast pace if you like or slow it down for a nice romantic evening. You never feel rushed. More food than you can imagine. Eat to your hearts or should I say stomach's content. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- them lamb chops, doe...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014Food was awesome! Service was great. Some of the best I've had. Definitely will be back very very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGreatfoodDined on 11/15/2014Top notched .. We were 30 mins late called and let them know . They said no problem . We got there stood maybe 5 mins was seats. We were eating before our drinks arrived. With defenetly do again . Our waiter Joseph was there every step we needed. He and everyone envoled was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmherwDined on 11/15/2014Food, service and atmostphere was great. Really enjoyed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible exceptDinnerandshowDined on 11/11/2014Incredible foods and an atmosphere that lets you enjoy conversation with your spouse. It can be an incredible experience and a wonderful dinner before a showdown .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJustCallMeBackpackDined on 11/11/2014We've been to Chima before and had great service. Unfortunately we had a table against the drink area. Servers brushed up against me many times and their activity didn't enhance our meal. The meat service was so fast that I could not get clarification on what we were being served. To celebrate, I think I will be headed elsewhere.
- Very good selection of meats and wines just greatThetraveller5Dined on 11/11/2014Great place for special ocasiones and for people that like different stiles of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Great ServiceFoodaholicDined on 11/10/2014A friend and I visited Chimas for their Veterans Day special. We both got the rodizio and the meats were excellent. The salad bar was ok; we both missed the seafood salad, that was not included on the salad bar. The servers were fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the noveltyBaneelyDined on 11/10/2014Several of the dishes on the salad bar were very good, but the meat parade is simply a novelty experience and not worth the money. Most of the meats I tried were seasoned poorly, and the gauchos bringing them around were unfriendly. Great server, though I've forgotten his name. The hostesses were very nice, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experiance yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I was thoroughly impressed with the whole experience. The food was amazing! like a 5 star buffet, but I wouldn't dare to even compare it to any buffet Ive ever been to. The bill was a bit pricy! but totally worth it due to the special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good valuePureKiwiDined on 11/10/2014At $54.90 per person I ended up paying $140 for two people (with tax & tip) and we only drank water. This is way too expensive just to be able to sample a few different types of meat. I would not eat here again unless there was some major discount or deal being offerred.Special Features:
- best place we have eatenexquisiteDined on 11/8/2014We will definitely recommend this restaurant to all our friends and the next time we are in Charlotte we will make it a point to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was absolutely excellent. Great teamwork among servers, managers were visible and doing table visits, and there was no waiting for food at all. The salad bar was fresh and delicious and the presentation was beautiful. The meats were served hot and frequently. Everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner, the Brazilian wayChurchfamily17Dined on 11/7/2014Upon arriving early to the restaurant for our reservation, we were met with a wait time of at least 35 minutes. So much for proper planning. We used Open table to secure a dinner reservation for just 4 people almost two weeks in advance. Then we arrive at the restaurant 15 minutes before our scheduled reservation and we have to wait 35 minutes in total until we were seated. Really? Well at least the dining experience made up for the delays along with a decent meats selection. But I can recall my first experience with a much large party being better than this recent one. We saw a much larger selection of meats during our first outing with 10 couples in comparison to our second outing with only two couples. Perhaps we'll try 1 more timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The meal was awesome, and the service was outstanding! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to betharealistDined on 11/3/2014This time just wasn't as special as previous visits. Went on my wife's bday and the atmosphere was great but the meat was dry and pretty bland compared to past visits to Chima. With the meat being dry, I opted out of all white meat and asked for red meat. I could order it medium to escape the drier cuts. Well, it was bland with not much flavor. I know Chima is better than this though, In the past i have been blown away. Luckily my wife's expectations wasn't as high as mine so she was satisfied for the most part. A guy named Antonio was there dining with his "girlfriend?" next to us. Evidently he is a employee,all of his buddies (one named Joseph) kept visiting his table joking and talking about other employees which was unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAllieDined on 11/2/2014Chima's is my boyfriends favorite restaurant. Although I had never been there, I took him for his 25th birthday. I really enjoyed it and now understand why it's his favorite. The atmosphere was classy and formal without being too over the top. I felt comfortable in a pair of jeans and a nice sweater and boots. The service was exceptional. We were never running low on water or appetizers and always had a fresh clean plate. When the waiters noticed us turning down multiple meats in a row, they asked if we were waiting for a specific meat we were waiting for. They then went personally to the kitchen and got what we asked for. The food was on point. Everything I tried was exceptional. There was nothing about this place that I didn't enjoy!Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service was great, food was great, atmosphere was great! The meats were better than the appetizers, but certainly worth it. A little pricey, but good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- 2 for 150 + tipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The meat is cooked fine, the salad bar opener is OK as well, but unless you are able to sit for 3-4 hrs, it is highly over priced. Ex: A wine I know to be a U.S. Columbia Valley was labeled and priced to be a German Import, and to too it off, a separately paid dessert. I think we might have been better off going to Ruth's Chris, and paying everything al-la-carte.
- adventurousSamaraDined on 10/29/2014fabelious! expensive but worth every penny! must try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well worth itTacomaDined on 10/28/2014Never ending tasty selection! Highly recommended! From beginning to end.. Salad bar, meats, and dessert.. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salfoodieDined on 10/28/2014I took my wife and daughter here for my wife's birthday and she had a wonderful experience. This place is great for big meat eaters, which my wife is not. However I heard they have a decent salad bar and she was blown away by the freshness and choices. The salad bar is well done and not cheap and gross. Very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was poorfoodieDined on 10/25/2014The food was great the service not so much. We didn't get our sides until after we were done with our meal, there were two large groups seated near us that seemed to take us the attention of all the servers and also all the food so we were sitting around for 5-10 minutes waiting for food to come around to us. Next time I crave Brazillian steakhouse, I think I'll drive down to ATL and go to FOGO
- Anniversary dinnerPaleogrubDined on 10/23/2014We love Chima for special occasions. The food is amazing, service is spot on and atmosphere is relaxed. However, this visit we were seated near a couple with a very young child that was getting cranky and vocal - this restaurant is NOT the place for small, in controllable children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding as alwaysems26Dined on 10/22/2014Chima never ceases to amaze me. The salad bar is stocked, fresh and expansive. The meats are plentiful and cooked to your liking. The service, as well as management, are on their "A" game nightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014There were 8 of us and we had a great meal! It was a birthday celebration and we would definitely come back (it was our first time). However, we will not order $7.00 bottles of water. This was very misleading by our waiter and never saw a price listed until we received our bill and were shocked. Will not be doing that again as he kept bringing more without asking first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Resturant. A++++DinnerDined on 10/18/2014Nothing but class here. My eating experiences have been greatly elevated.Special Features:
- Great Night OutHnBEDined on 10/18/2014We had a great time a Chima. The service was top notch and the food was excellent! We went there to celebrate my birthday and the staff made it a wonderful night. The lighting was nice and not too dark. It was fun how the food was served, it came a little fast but really enjoyed it. The fried bananas were amazing. We'd go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima is simply fantasticRicknRachelleDined on 10/17/2014We make Chima a regular visit, at least as regular as our waistlines permit! The service and food is always fantastic, and we have never had a disappointing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceylv2trynewthingsDined on 10/17/2014Service was beyond expectations however the food was just what I would call good. Salad bar seemed to be overall very "salty" at least the mixed salads. The meat was as good as Ruth Chris but found overall prices to be "high" in comparison to restaurants of same caliber. The experience of tasting food from Brazil was interesting but not sure worth the cost. I was most impressed with the service however again a bit pricy. Overall good experience and would recommend however I would probably not go again. Once was enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine herefoodiefanaticDined on 10/15/2014I was having a business dinner with a V.I.P and was blown away by the level of service and care we received. I would recommend Chima to anyone who wants to hold business dinners and impress clients. There wine list alone is outstanding, but the service and food are why it's such a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and good foodMarvinDined on 10/12/2014It is a good place for groups. Good ambiance and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent restaurant food was delicious. The service and attention to detail was amazing. Will return.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayBirthdayDinnerDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place for a special occassion. The lay out is very 'new york city'......Easy to get around and get to the buffet. Staff is excellent. We just had the salad bar which includes Salmon and Swordfish......for $32.50 each....excellent value....Meat costs an extra $20 each....so we had a Birthday meal for aobut $75 which was gourmet.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceWeb21Dined on 10/10/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left the employees treated us wonderfully. Thank you Chima for making a memorable birthday for our 12 year old son. From the salad bar to the delicious meats you will not go away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shavonne MshayDined on 10/6/2014Food was awesome!! Just wish they disclose info regarding tips procedures.Special Features:
- Fun date nightFirsttimeguestDined on 10/4/2014We had a great server and great food! My only complaint was that the asparagus and bread rolls at the salad bar were cold, I would have preferred them both to be warm!Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.