Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
139 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7046014141x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please check out our monthly events on the website www.chimasteakhouse.com.
- Public Transit: On the Light Rail, get off on 3rd and Convention Center, then Chima is 2 blocks away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Chima offers complimentary Valet Parking
Monday - Friday: Valet starts at 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Valet starts at 4 pm
No Valet service when Panthers are playing.
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte
Located in beautiful Center City Charlotte on 4th and Tryon, just a few blocks from Belk Theater, Over street Mall and the Bobcats Arena.Chima offers authentic Brazilian cuisine and chic dining experience. Enjoy cocktails and the best view of Uptown Charlotte in our elegant upstairs lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
404 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (315)good for groups (197)romantic (152)fit for foodies (146)notable wine list (81)hot spot (79)scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (19)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- fun experience, but not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Chima was a fun experience, but for someone who doesnt do a lot of expensive meals uptown charlotte, i would probably choose somewhere different next time.. went for anniversary and probably not a great choice for that kind of experience.. for an all you can eat meal, i would recommend.. the meat selection was great and the salad bar was good as well.. the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Chimas alway out do themselves. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I recently visited Chima restaurant for our 17th wedding anniversary. The restaurant was clean , staff very attentive and friendly. The food was very flavorful and abundant my only regret was I got full to fast and could not sample all 17 amazing meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Expensive!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We went without knowing the price, big mistake! The food was outstanding, no doubt but $50 a person? No way! The food will always be remembered but I like other restaurants as well that are cheaper with same review. Sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work DinnerGoodtimeDined on 9/25/2014Amazing dining experience. Fun and perfect for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceMommyTwingleDined on 9/22/2014Quite pricey and I'm not a fan of including the tip on the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bougie buffetNevermoreDined on 9/22/2014A buffet with table side meats. 2-3 times as expensive as a steakhouse in Brazil. Salty meat. Dry chicken. Slow service.Special Features:
- This place is awesome!ems26Dined on 9/21/2014I recently had dinner here on Sunday before the Panthers game. I've been to other brazilian steakhouses before, but this was my first time at Chima. I knew there would be plenty to eat but the quality of the food and service exceeded my expectations; worth every penny. The salad bar is awesome, the meat is awesome, the service is awesome!Special Features:
- Go Hungry!LuvmyeggsVIPDined on 9/21/2014The selection and taste of the meats is awesome. So many good things on the salad bar also. Decisions, decisions. The upstairs bar was awesome and the manager, waiters and staff were so friendly.Special Features:
- Amazing placeChristyluvDined on 9/20/2014This spot is amazing and the salad bar had so much to choose form. The staff was very attentive that's a plus in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As AlwaysHadsterVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is not the first time I go to Chima, I love it more every time I go. It is the #1 restaurant that comes to mind when I need to take friends from out of town to dinner. Filet and Flank Steak are amazing. Pair your meat with a bottle of Antigal 1 Uno Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina.Special Features:
- Delicious but fast paced.DutchmanVIPDined on 9/19/2014The salad bar was fantastic and the 16 or so different types of meat on rotation are all so delicious! Everything also tasted great. My only "grumble" is that it is all incredibly fast paced with the meat coming to your table. I understand some people like this pace, but for my wife and I it was too much of a constant interruption of conversation. I must commend, however, that the staff was willing to get us any cut of meat upon request and did so promptly and they are not shy about leading with pricier cuts.Special Features:
- novicenadinel6Dined on 9/17/2014It was my first time there with a group of co-workers. I was impressed when the waiter assign to our table explained how the service works. One of the waiters that was helping was ask a question and did not answer tactfully. The food was scrumptious. In the future, I would love to come back with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelNezDined on 9/15/2014Food was outstanding and service was great. Sean was our server and he did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- nothappyDined on 9/14/2014Screaming kid next to us ruined our dinner and would not seat part of our party while the others were parking even though the restaurant was EMPTY for a 5 pm reservation. Waiter was bad, to boot. Won't return plus VERY EXPENSIVE.
- dry meat... waste of time and moneyGoodtimesDined on 9/13/2014did not like it at all..really dry meat...service is not the best too..had people with meat coming to our table only 4 times in an hour (may be it was a good thing since it was not a good meat anyway)..they do have good salad bar but it definitely should not cost $30 (meat and salad bar together is $52.2)...would not go there again even if it was free..waste of money and time...
- Great DiningAwesome1Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome experience. This was our second time dining here. The service was outstanding; Danel and Luis were excellant. The meats were over the top. We took our grandsons and they were amazed. Our oldest lost himself with the ribs and sausage. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth-ish the PriceBrazzzzilDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has great food, unbelievable service and a large price tag. A once in a lifetime experience.Special Features:
- Mrs. HibbertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful birthday trip, we o every year and are never disappointed. Mel was exceptional.Special Features:
- Too priceyPriceyDined on 9/11/2014Food is. good but not worth $52.00 per person and the valet parking is poorly advertisedSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014This restaurant gas great food and outstanding service but is a little too expensive at $52.95 per personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !!!024789LDined on 9/8/2014Last night was my first time at Chima and the experience was like no other! The ambiance was friendly and professional, upon walking into the restaurant I was welcomed with warm smiles from the hostess and they quickly retrieved my reservation, the hostess that walked me to my table was very courteous and my server, Renzo, was very attentive, he gave me excellent service. The meat service was also wonderful, I got all my meats just how I wanted them and out the variety available at the salad bar the Chima rice was by far my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingchaneliman7Dined on 9/8/2014As I first entered the restaurant a hostess opened the door for me and instantly greeted me with a very welcoming smile. After I checked in right away I was taken to my table; the hostess even pulled out the chair for me. I was greeted by Reed my server right away. He gave me a wonderful speech on how things worked at a brazilian steakhouse. He was very helpful and even joked a little. That made me feel very comfortable since I was dining alone. The ambiance of the restaurant was spectacular it was very elegant but comforting at the same time. My server Reed checked on me quite often. I really did enjoy the service very much. But the most appealing part of Chima was the food, everything was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014My boyfriend and I have been here a few times so it's about time I leave a review! We love this place. From the food to the service to the staff and atmosphere everything is great. They have a FANTASTIC array of wines which the servers are happy to describe to us but never pushy about! Last time we had two great servers- Carlos and Renzo who were both extremely attentive without being invasive. The two managers we saw both stopped by to check on us as well and of course, THE MEAT. It's to die for. Go hungry and make sure you save room for dessert!Special Features:
- love the lambMsTeacherDined on 9/7/2014Chmas was pricy but worth it. The lamb was superb!!!! The drinks were a perfect fit to meal. Ieft completely full. The salad bar was not my favorite, but it wa unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebration!LovebirdsDined on 9/7/2014We came from Fayetteville, NC to celebrate our 29th anniversary there. It was a wonderful experience. The food was great, served hot and fresh. We didn't have to wait for the servers, they were very attentive. We would definitely come again, maybe try brunch, the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRocnotsDined on 9/6/2014Simply amazing!!! I took my wife and daughter for the first time and they did an amazing job to make this night one of the most precious time of my life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothieDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Chima 5 times now. This last visit was the best. The staff was awesome and helpful! The food was awesome as always and we really got to relaxed and enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Went to Chima for Birthday dinner for our son and the food was great and wait staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, setting, & serviceJayHDined on 8/31/2014Everything was great. Great for a date night or dinner with friends. My only complaint would be the price. It's a lot making this a special occasion pick versus a regular go to. The quality is worth it but probably not a practical choice of frequency for the average young professional. Dinner for two 170 after tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSkinnyfatboyDined on 8/30/2014Best restaurant I've been to in a long time. Took my girlfriend there for her birthday and she love it. She hard to please but she love it. The food is excellent and the staff is exceptional. Will difinately be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I have been deployed to Afghanistan for last 3 years and came home last weekebd. My husband and i enjoyed this place as a romantic get away. Wonderful food, service and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parts were greatamysDined on 8/30/2014the food was really very good and everything was kept fresh and available, the bus boy was excellent, the waitresses we had were very unhappy we were not getting drinks and or wine and just sticking to the dinner, they were impossible to find the four times I needed them, however the food was still yummy!Special Features:
- indieDined on 8/29/2014Everything was fantastic. this was a birthday celebration and it was the best birthday I have had since I was 16 years old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSJBDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding, the service exceptional. The servers were very attentive and ensured that our dining experience was one to remember. Thank you!Special Features:
- All Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I can't say enough about this place! Took my husband here for the first time and we absolutely loved it! I've been to a couple other Brazilian steakhouses but this one takes the cake! The entire staff is friendly and helpful and the manager (Fernandez?) stopped by our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The food was amazing too-- tons of delicious meats and a huuuuuuge salad bar with several exotic items on it! We each ordered one of their "specialty" desserts and it's worth going back just for those! (hint hint chocolate lava cake!) We'll be back weekly. Did I mention we loved it?Special Features:
- Enjoyed the NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Really great atmosphere and the service was even more incredible than the food which was GREAT.Special Features:
- First time at Chima, what a treat!HoosierTravelerDined on 8/24/2014We were greeted warmly and quickly shown to our table. Service from Joseph and the team was impeccable but not overwhelming. The salad bar looked great and any items I sampled were fresh. And, of course, the meat was out of this world. My guests were friends from out of state, as was I and I chose this restaurant because of its location, the ability to make a reservation on Open Table and reputation. An excellent meal and we all left well-satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalFatboyDined on 8/24/2014Food was great really looking forward to my next visit. By far the be$t buffet ever. Make sure u bring a fat wallet and a empty stomach when u leave it will be the opposite way around. Be sure to save a tip for valet since its complimentary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceChanciedqwnDined on 8/23/2014The wait staff was amazing and very friendly. Out of the meats that are offered the same four came over constantly. The other meats offered were never brought to the tables. It's not an expensive place to eat but at other places uptown they don't make you wait 20 min to open a bottle of wine bc they can't find wine glasses. The salad bar is also lacking. More variety would have been nice.Special Features: