Chili's Texas Grill - Edmonton - Windermere
6143 Currents Drive
Edmonton, AB T6W 0L8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Chili's Texas Grill - Edmonton - Windermere
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chilis.ca/
- Phone: (587)523-2109
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chili's Texas Grill - Edmonton - Windermere
Chili's in the Currents of Windermere is our newest location here in Edmonton, we are located directly across from the new VIP Theatre. Join us for one of our Signature Margaritas and our famous Baby Back Ribs before your movie or joins us for free Chips and Salsa and a cold beer during Happy Hour in our lounge!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chili's Texas Grill - Edmonton - Windermere reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Great local restaurantAngieTDined on 8/28/2014This is a great restaurant & we're happy to have it in Windermere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Service was great the food was on the table on time at 12:15 as requested , the only complaint I have is that we never got the cheque after the meal. We had to hunt down the server and ask for the chequeSpecial Features:
- Nice Average PlacepiqpstDined on 6/26/2014The food was above average and came out without any problems and tasted great. The location is convenient and the building is new. You can tell they keep the place nice and clean from the washrooms to what I could see of the kitchen. Service this time around was not what we usually encounter. This could be because they were understaffed. That was the reason for the 3 stars on service. Otherwise no problems and this is a good reliable place to get some food before a movie, etc.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My family and I went for dinner and we had a great time. The food was great and the price was great too. The kitchen got a little backed up and we did get our apps a little late and then our food a little too quick. My mother in law's food was a little cold and they offered to make her a whole new dinner, she did not want them to do that. So they took the drinks off the bill for us. I would have to say that if you are looking for great food, great service and a great price then go to Chili's at Windermere.Special Features:
- Great service!discopigDined on 5/22/2014Have beeen to this neighborhood spot a few times, and for a chain restaurant, the service has been very good. On one occasion our food was a bit delayed getting out of the kitchen, the manager served our table, apologized and offered us overly generous compensation. We didn't even complain! We were just enjoying having drinks while we waited. Another time we visited with a larger party that included a young child. While one server was taking our drink orders, another (?trainee) took the complete order from the child. Five minutes after we had our drinks, she had her food. Much better than having her wait for food with the rest of us. We will continue to be frequent visitors for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014horrible tables randomly put together off in the corner would not move us to booth or multiple tables of similar size
- DisappointedSusanDined on 5/11/2014Really disappointed with the restaurant on Mother's Day. Food wasn’t good (steak cooked wrong, food cold, etc).
- Great Mothers Day TreatGoodlunchDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter was great! Made sure the baby had a special spot for his car seat & even brought us a special container of hot water to heat the bottle so it didn't spill over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Chili's Texas Grill - Edmonton - Windermere reviews archive.
- experinece in chilisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014over all the experience is good. The table look clean. food come out on a accept time. service is nice and pro. more important the price is in the range.Special Features:
- Unbelievably bad--even for a ChilisTheClosersVIPDined on 3/20/2014It's LOUD.TVs are always on and blaring. It's so open concept, with no sound absorping design, that you can hear everyone's conversations & screaming kids. Our booth was open on both sides, but our server was so lazy that instead of walking to the other side of the booth to deliver meals, she passed them to the person closest to her to pass on. Another server was helping her, but instead of walking the two feet to the other side, she did the same. This resulted in a wine being knocked over--twice. They can't mix a drink. My martini--which took 20 MINUTES--arrived with olives & a lemon wedge. And ice.Margaritas were all foamy, frothy juice (even though we requested basic margaritas on the rocks). It took 15 minutes to get a beer.
- Great service, poor foodMdc3caDined on 1/11/2014Normally very happy with food. My wife had fajitas. They had no flavour. Peppers and onions were barely cooked. The portion was also very small. Twice the vegtables as meat. Only a table spoon of sour cream and cheese. not worth the money. Server was great.
- New Years Eve Outing2eatDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time at Chili's Texas Grill - Winderemere and was a special treat for ourselves and our guests for New Years Eve. Our overall experience was, for the most part, good, considering that it was a very busy evening. The menu is extensive and the food was tasty. However, one of our meals arrived cold and because it was very busy, and we were sitting in the last booth in the corner, we had trouble getting the attention of the waitress to discuss the problem. When we did, the waitress agreed to bring a new meal for that person but by the time it arrived the rest of us were finished eating and that person effectively ate alone. Though this problem somewhat dampened or enthusiasum we hope it was just a glitch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodyeg25Dined on 12/22/2013Looks appealing. Dining area was a bit tight, bar side is better. Overall I had an awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Comfortable ExperiencedinerDined on 12/16/2013My husband and I met other adults for dinner before a show at the Windemere Theatres. Chili's was a comfortable setting with good food. When we pointed out that an error had been made when we received the food, they corrected the problem very quickly and were most apologetic. We will definitely attend again to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Loud Room, Confused ServiceTheClosersVIPDined on 11/21/2013This new location looks great from the outside, but inside it is just one HUGE room with no proper divisions or sound absorption. They seated our group of three adults in the children's section, which is dark and overlooks the kitchen--not in a good way. We moved to the bar, but it made little difference as the room is not divided well and, instead, is one big open space with haphazardly placed tables. Service was friendly but instead of having one server, we had four. This was confusing and inefficient for both us and the servers. The food was...well, it's Chilis. You're not going there for the food, you're going there for a drink/quick bite before a movie.
- The time to get a drink orderABsoxfanVIPDined on 10/14/2013The time to get a drink order placed was unacceptably long. There were 25 empty tables in eye shot and we were sat and the freshly cleaned and still wet booth. Not a great experience.Special Features:
- manimaniDined on 9/11/2013it was ok overall, I would go again for bottomless soup and salad for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchChimpDined on 8/13/2013Sat on the patio for lunch. Had the explosion something salad. That salad was fantastic. Definitely will order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's day dinnerprettymomDined on 6/16/2013The over-all experience was good, the only thing that made it bad was the service. I think our waiter was too tired(he must have been working the whole day) coz he had no energy at all. He offered us choices when we were actually paying already, it would've been useful if he mentioned it before we ordered our food. Disappointed also coz they ran out of Salmon, we had 3 orders. The tables were a little bit small for big groups (we were a party of 9). We had 1 child with us, she was given a coloring paper + menu without the crayons, we had to ask for it.Special Features:
- Chilli's is horribleMad2GuyDined on 5/29/2013That was the worst restaurant experience my family and I have ever had, especially for the high priced dishes you would see at better places like the red lobster or the keg. The server even told us not to have something special made at the bar because the bar tenders aren't very good. The food was nasty and will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth. Telling everyone I know to stay away from this restaurant in person and facebook.
- Portion distortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2013Disappointing portioning and plating compared to other locations. Fajitas were not sizzling and there was barely any topping extras like onions and peppers. Service was great but the kitchen needs to kick it up a notch. Give it a year...
- not what I expectedENTREAMIGASDined on 5/11/2013I ordered the special brunch "Steak and egss" it looked delicious in the menu but when I got my plate it was not what I expected. The steak was too cooked and tasted old and reheated from a previous day. The potato patties were salty and did look like leftovers too and the egg were just ok. The manager offered to make a new steak which at the end was way much better, juicy, tasteful and fresh. But the point is that I expect this kind of meal on my very first order not later just to make it up for a very very poor dish.Special Features:
- Skip the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The food was very disappointing as the kitchen did not even know how to make a proper omelette!
- It is a new restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013It is a new restaurant and so you expect things to not be running quite perfectly - but really there were a lot of little things that added up to this being just an OK experience instead of one that I would repeat.Special Features:
- Went to try out their newAngieTDined on 3/23/2013Went to try out their new brunch. Decent menu. Good food. Good place for a quick brunch that's not too expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent place! food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Excellent place! food was great! Service was great! would for sure go back and recommendSpecial Features:
- Food and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Food and service was good. We were just out for a quick dinner and like the selections on the meal for 2 for $25 or $30. Great location if you want to go to the movies right after.Special Features:
- this outing was our thirdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013this outing was our third visit to restaurants in the area. one we will never go back to.again. other one was a normal type visit. here or any other areas. but yours was a breath of fresh air. only down fall was parking. perhaps those with reservations given parking space. only an idea.look foward to seeing you again soon!!!Special Features:
- really liked the affordablecindytVIPDined on 1/27/2013really liked the affordable meal for senior parents the food was very goodSpecial Features:
- New Location Great Place !!!BeefLoverDined on 1/26/2013The amtmosphere was energetic and the service , very good for just opening.We have been to a few different locations in the past but i would have to say this is our favorite one. Half our table had the Ribs and I will say the memphis dry rub cant be beat The new layout of this Chili's just works Good job, see you againSpecial Features: