726 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94118Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chilihousesf.com/
- Phone: 4153872658
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Seafood, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Han
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Chili House
Whether you're looking for a unique restaurant near Golden Gate Park, a romantic restaurant for the perfect date, some of the best Chinese food in San Francisco, or simply a good place to get Dim Sum near Geary Blvd., the Chili House is here for you. We offer traditional and authentic Chinese Cuisine and Spicy Szechuan Specialties, as well as Mandarin Style Dim Sum. We also offer take out, which means if you're near the Richmond District you can eat some of the best Chinese food in San Francisco right in the comfort of your home or hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chili House reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not as hot as we like itSFNativeDined on 8/2/2014It is supposed to be hot, but probably suited to the American more milder palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteVALETINEDined on 6/29/2014The food was great, if you love a lil spice in your food this place it great. Great selection and choices of dishes. Love the couples delight always a favorite of mine and I order it when ever I can find it. Theirs was on point! Also recommend the Fish Fillet with Flaming Chili Oil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy food arrives fastBroseVIPDined on 6/14/2014No lingering at this busy spot. Food arrives hot (& spicy) as soon as the kitchen prepares it, even if that means your appetizer arrives after your entree. Be flexible! Some items are very spicy and others are mild so there's a taste for everyone. Service is friendly and helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Best Szechuan restaurant in San Francisco. Recommend to go.Special Features:
- SpicybonappetitVIPDined on 5/31/2014Be prepared for very hot and spicy food with mounds of red chilis!! Sichuan style of cuisine uses a tongue numbing spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Chili House reviews archive.
- Authentic SzechuanotdinerVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was very good, in particular the Shui Zhu Yu was excellent. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badISYHVIPDined on 2/28/2014I love the spicy fish fillet (in bowl of hot chili oil, hot sauce, red peppers and numbing pepper seats) I also love the cold chicken with pork, covered lightly in wasabi. The wasabi is a bit strong, it would be better if a bit lighter. Be careful when eating because of the chopped chicken bones, pieces get stuck in your teeth sometimes. Many other dishes I'd like to try...! Just a warning, they serve frog here, freaks me out! I flip through the pages with frogs quickly because I don't want to see them.Special Features:
- Delicious chicken and shrimpDoubleLDined on 12/14/2013Every order should include the chicken with explosive chili and the garlic shrimp. Good for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food on par with Z&YmaryminVIPDined on 11/1/2013The main chef is formerly of Z&Y and this is their sister restaurant. The menu is pretty much the same, and food quality was on par with Z&Y. Because it's new, there weren't too many people when we visited. No lines vs. the hour-long lines you face at Z&Y, with the same food? Chili House wins! Service was a little spotty but overall great place for spicy Chinese food.Special Features:
- Poor servicetenngirl47VIPDined on 10/10/2013I booked a 9:30 p.m. reservation through OpenTable. I showed up exactly at 9:30, and the first thing the waitress said was, you need to order right now because the kitchen closes at 9:30. I tried to explain that I had an OpenTable reservation, and she said I should call next time. I offered to leave and go to another restaurant. They said I should just order.
- For Serious Spicy Food LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2013Food was great and came out in a timely manner. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair. Better than many hole-in-wallSoldierDined on 8/10/2013Fair. Better than many hole-in-wall Chinese restaurants, but not great. The food is hotter that I ususally expect from Chinese restaurants, but it lacks the subtlety of really good Hunan and Szechuan restaurants