Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
1526 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chickiesandpetes.com/
- Phone: 2152180500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
Opened in 2003, conveniently located within walking distance to the South Philadelphia Sports Complex, this 24,000 sq ft location on Packer Avenue features two huge bars and plenty of TVs including an 18’ showpiece that is perfect for watching any great sporting event! South Philly also has three private rooms with the capability to handle any special occasion, small or large. Pre-game, post-game, or during the game…join us for the best in game experience in Philadelphia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (24)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- One of our best visitsPapaleckiVIPDined on 8/22/2014We dine at chickie and petes often. This visit was one of our bestSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerluv2eatDined on 8/19/2014Had a great dinner before the Phillies game. Great food, service and atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun before a concertZelda28Dined on 8/13/2014Great food, exciting place for pre-concert food! One gem is the Taxi-crab that takes you over to the venue. Awesome service.Special Features:
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The ambience was great and the music was fun and upbeat. I think the kids really enjoyed that and so did we. The food all sounded great but was a little bit overpriced for what it actually was. Crab nachos were just cheap store bought nachos with canned cheese and crabmeat on top. I expected something more difficult to imitate at home for the price. The menu reads as being much more exotic than it really is. I wasn't impressed. Fodo was ok/good even but not worth the money. Service was average and food came out fairly quick which was nice with kids in tow.Special Features:
- Great staff!KgmcmomVIPDined on 8/13/2014Made our reservation through opentable but the restaurant never received it. The manager and staff were very accommodating and seated us immediately, despite the big crowds. Our waitress was spectacular and was very attentive to our table. Great crab fries!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Great Locationkbmcgill1216Dined on 8/9/2014I ate here before going to the Phillies Game. Besides being close to the stadiums, the food was fantastic and the ambiance was fun! Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Great Accomodating My Large Group!JazzyFoodMasterDined on 8/5/2014I would definitely frequent this spot again. I had a pretty large group and cancelled initial reservations we made in a private room. They were very nice about it...no hassle. I booked a large table instead and they still were able to accommodate my group of 11. Food came out fast.....very hospitable waitress as well (Noelle).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yummy foodKimberlyDined on 8/3/2014Every time we go to Chickie's & Pete's, we can always count on consistently tasty food. Our favorite app to get there are the combo fries with crab fries and sweet potato fries- each dip they come with is fabulous. I hope they never stop making that combo!Special Features:
- Good Dig for a Bday celebrationBdayBoyDined on 7/30/2014I initially reserved for 10 through open table and contacted the restaurant to let them know there would be more up to 15. They changed reservation without an issue. They were extremely helpful over the phone. Food was good and came out quickly. The server worked hard but was not so attentive. The atmosphere was awesome and the getup in the bar rocked. I was able to watch my other favorite MLB team on the huge tv screen. Loved it! They don't have desserts! What?? I didn't get cake on my Bday. Get some desserts boys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueTappanTravelerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Took the Grandkids and they loved it: the food and the decor. Great variety on the menu. The lobster roll was outstanding. Cocktail sauce is "tangy" to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We were visiting from out of town and wanted to try something 'Philly'. This place was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on a game nightToughcriticDined on 7/26/2014Made reservations on-line, knew it was a Phillies game but we got seated right away and the food and atmosphere were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday late afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We were seated right away but took forever for our food to come. Also we watched servers walk around aimlessly to find which food went to which table. Very unorganized. My friends said they would never go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!Jennx011Dined on 7/24/2014I have always loved Chickie's and Pete's. It is a great sports barand great environment to hang out with your friends. Just overall a good time! I would recommend Chickie's to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better experiences.LovediningoutDined on 7/21/2014We went for lunch. Made a reservation. Table was ready and service stopped over right away. Wasn't very busy at all. Our orders were messed up. Ordered cheese steaks and they brought out chicken cheese steaks. Then the check came. They charged us for all of the sandwiches and when we brought It to the servers attention she tried to blame someone else. No apology. No let us knock off a soda or something. I'll never go there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2014Delicious Lobster and Shrimp! Definitely will visit next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itMomof4boysDined on 6/15/2014always a good meal whether its sandwiches or seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentmimiDined on 5/24/2014Chickie and Petes is always the same. Entree's are not great, but the appetizers are wonderful.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Excellent place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The service was fast, friendly and awesome! This was my first time at Chickie and Pete's. My waitress was very knowledgable of the entrees. Everything she suggested, we tried. The food was great! The atmosphere was amazing! My family enjoyed themselves. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chickies is Chickies!TelstarJewelersDined on 3/15/2014The menu has expanded, but the mainstays are still the best! Mussels, Crab Fries, Sandwiches...you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We arrived at 6:05pm for our 6pm reservation. We were seated immediately in a fun and friendly way (they were busting on us for being 5-min. late.HA! :) We had a beer in hand in 3 minutes, ordered our food, and was half way through eating already by 6:30. In no way did it feel rushed. Our waitress was fantastic, fun, attentive, and just what we needed after a long busy week. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Chickie's and PeteChaseydujacDined on 1/27/2014Great dinner with colleague. C&P fries were great...love the cheese. Had Dungeness Crab...Spectacular... Colleague had King Crab Legs...also great. Service was fine, drinks were delivered fast. Would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okay!AbbieDined on 1/24/2014Treated my son to this restaurant. Do think it is better suited for the younger crowd. If you prefer a calmer more serene atmosphere, then this place is not for you. Also, I was aghast when I discovered no dessert/coffee/tea on the menu. Did not care for the selection of salads, if you are a salad lover, beware! the only salad on the menu consist of romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes, and it is unnecessarily large. On a more positive note the seafood tasted fresh and very good.Special Features:
- Typical sports barCmcllainDined on 12/31/2013Have been here a couple of times after events at the near by stadiums and arenas. Nice beer selection and varied menu. No kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is the Attraction to this placKimBobDined on 12/11/2013We were headed to a concert at Wells Fargo Center and thought Chickie and Pete's would be a great place to eat beforehand. The atmosphere and zillions of TVs certainly gave the place a nice friendly sports bar atmosphere. Service was completely lacking. We asked for water and reminded our waitstaff person twice. Our son's food was served and he finished eating before our sandwiches arrived. Food was just ok and a bit pricey for what you get. I am still trying to understand the attraction of this place and their crab fries.
- consistent with the rest!NettVIPDined on 11/27/2013This chickies is huge! Service was great, quick and efficient...which was perfect since we had a show across the street. We actually Got lost and Tyrell stayed on the phone with us until we knew where we were! You don't find service like that often. Pick n peel shrimp were fresh and had just enough season. Chicken cutlet sandwich, cheese steak, and crab fries were huge delicious Portions! Was told about specials, food and beverage. Great quick bite before the concert.Special Features:
- FL girl loved PhillyJLoFlaVIPDined on 11/3/2013Visiting Philly was great. The food here was delicious and the Eagles game was awesome to watch with this crowd! If I lived in area I would be here all the time! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch a game!ChrisDined on 10/14/2013This place is great! From service, to food, to selection! Great service at the bar! Wish I could remember his name so I could tell management. Fairly busy on a Monday night (NFL and MLB playoff night) but never a wait. Sweet potato fries and maple cinnamon dip sauce was ridiculous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Mussells - YUMJLoFlaVIPDined on 7/14/2013Thier white mussells are our favorite and we always stop by here whenever we are in town for sports event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a shot in the darkHepcatVIPDined on 7/10/2013This was a shot in the dark for my husband and I on our way to a Phillies game. It is great for folks who want a sports bar and the ambiance and food that goes with that, but we were not looking for that. The food was mediocre at best and the service was terrible. The gal who waited on us had an attitude, perhaps not feeling well, but she should have stayed home if that was the case. This was our first real disappointment with Open Table, so we count ourselves fortunate to have found you.Special Features:
- Was meeting a friend-of 3Stella52VIPDined on 6/19/2013Was meeting a friend-of 3 hostesses, no one remembered seating a single woman...? There were 2 single women at tables. Two of us went for lunch. Ordered a salad and a cheesesteak...salad came out 15 min before sandwich. just seemed very disorganized for such a big place w/so many people working.
- Sports Bar - and then someJohninPADined on 6/2/2013Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia is as advertised. A sports bar with food, not a foodie heaven, not a fancy romantic spot - but a place with more flat screens than tables, staff with Philadelphia attitude, and fast food service. The mussels (red) are a hit, and the crab fries are a "must do" Philadelphia tradition - as is the crazed atmosphere before, during and after games a few blocks down the street at the Bank, the Linc or the Wells Fargo arena. Play2 is lights, screens and individual game carrels. Good place for group outings, parties and just watching sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports bar near sportsplex.StatenIslanderDined on 5/18/2013We drove from NY to Phila. for a baseball game, and chose Chickie and Pete's for pre-game lunch. It's right near the stadium. The place is clean and inviting, friendly service and LOTS of tv's - this is a sports bar. The food was good, came out hot. Remember, it's a sports bar and not a gourmet restaurant. So it was great for sandwiches and a beer before the game. BTW - I was stuck in traffic on the drive down and they seated me right away even though I was late. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in Philly!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2013I went to Chickie's and Pete's when I went to Philly for the first time. AMAZING food and fun environment. Must have the crabby fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't told about the offerGotGotDined on 5/6/2013Wasn't told about the offer until AFTER I placed my order and the food was out. Other than that, good service. The Server got his extra comps for an upsell, way to go.Special Features:
- Place was packed but withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Place was packed but with open table reservation we were seated in under 5 minutes.Special Features:
- Great before a gameBeerpictsVIPDined on 2/23/2013We love Chickie & Pete's. It is the best place to go before a Flyers game. The service is fast. The food is very good - I had the Lobster Cheesesteak, my older son had a plain cheeseteak, and my younger son had the chicken and fries. All were very good. My kids also love the Crab Fries. The fact that you can reserve a table via Open Table makes it so convenient.Special Features: