Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
1526 Packer Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chickiesandpetes.com/
- Phone: (215) 218-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia
Opened in 2003, conveniently located within walking distance to the South Philadelphia Sports Complex, this 24,000 sq ft location on Packer Avenue features two huge bars and plenty of TVs including an 18’ showpiece that is perfect for watching any great sporting event! South Philly also has three private rooms with the capability to handle any special occasion, small or large. Pre-game, post-game, or during the game…join us for the best in game experience in Philadelphia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (39)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (8)great for brunch (3)romantic (1)Show More
- had such a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, it was his first time there. He loved it, we had such a great titime and it was great to go have a fun dinner before the Flyers game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeSuzyQDined on 11/1/2014It was very enjoyable, had a really good time. Food was good, service was great and it is very comfortable. Will definitely b back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabcake SandwichSpicymeatballDined on 10/29/2014The crab bruschetta was outstanding! 3 of the 4 in our group ordered the crabcake sandwich and it was excellent. I also had the seafood chowder which was great...nice and spicy as I like it! This was our first visit....can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT PLACE!!!!scizzorchik14Dined on 10/26/2014It was my, my husband's and my daughters first time there and we absolutely LOVED it!!! We are from the Reading Pa area but our daughter attends PhilaU, so we were looking fir a cool place for dinner and to watch the game as we are HUGE Eagle fans!!! The whole experience was fantastic!!!!! Can't wait to come back!!!!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedcookinnyDined on 10/15/2014I thought the seating was a little crammed. It just fit the 6 of us with very little elbow room. Half the people got the all you can eat crab legs. It took way too long for the second batch to come and some were getting upset. The waitress made up for it by a very quick third round. They all said the crab legs were good. I had the crab cakes which were very good along with the aiolli sauce. The most disappointing was when we asked for Grey Goose for lemon drops and it was NOT Grey Goose (although we were charged for Grey Goose.) We didn't discuss this with the waitress. We figured we won't be back.
- Great sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great food. Staff was friendly. Perfect fun place to watch footballSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014It was great service enjoyed myself will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wooo2sxy4shirtDined on 10/12/2014I went here in the day of an Eagles game and all I have to say is GO BIRDSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food n' FriesDiehardFryFanDined on 10/5/2014We had our first experience at Chickie's and Pete's this past Sunday after the Eagles vs. Rams game. We had been recommended to it by my sister and brother-in-law, and we were certainly not disappointed. The Crab Fries have destroyed our ability to eat any other fries for awhile because they set the bar so very high - absolutely scrumptious. The atmosphere was energetic and fun, and we are anxious to take a trip back to Philly to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frathousefamilyDined on 10/3/2014the service was not great. we order appetizers and dinner at the same time. part of the appetizers came out, then part of dinner, then the other appetizers and finally the rest of the tables dinner. the dinner was ok, not great. it was the little things ie. toasting the bun, having warm bread.Special Features:
- A solid sports bar.barrypostDined on 9/30/2014Plenty of beer selections. Lots of decent (or perhaps above average) pub grub with a good selection too (although the menu is short in the salads department). Tons of TVs to watch sports. There's no fine dining here but if you are looking for food and drink worthy of sports-bar heaven, this place comes pretty close. And don't forget the crab fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sports gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014It is a good place for sports. It is specifically a Philly sports bar. I had no problems wearing my Redskins gear. The conversation was back in forth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleTerribleserviceDined on 9/20/2014We were taken right in however we were ushered into the back party room, appetizers were timely, my crab came out shortly after and the rest of my family's food never arrived some 40 minutes after I had received my dinner. We are talking about a ham &cheese sandwich, cheesesteak and pizza steak. Essentially I ate alone the rest of our meals appeared after we said we were leaving and to cancel those orders. The manager came over and apologized and took those meals off of the bill,and sent them home with us, but we will never go backSpecial Features:
- NFL Football at Chickie and Pete'smeatisgoodDined on 9/15/2014If you want to eat some good food, have a few drinks, and catch the game with a group of friends I highly recommend Chickie and Pete's. They have the BEST crab fries and wings in the city and the scene is definitely upbeat, especially when the EAGLES are playing and winning.Special Features:
- So-SoJosephVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was Okay...not great. I had Roast Beef Sandwich and asked for provolone on it. I expected a piece of cheese but got watery cheez-wiz cheese. Meat was luke warm. Girls ordered crabs. They were good but $30 for 1 crab. Way overpriced. Ordered crab fries that were not "hot". Ordered appetizers my sandwich came out first and the mussels I ordered came out last? We were eating 1 item and they were bringing out the rest of the order before we were done. I asked for coffee and was told they did not serve coffee??? I asked if they made Irish Coffee which they did so why do you not serve coffee??? Overall was $150.00 for 4 without tip. Very pricey.Special Features:
- limeruDined on 9/12/2014Had the lobster pizza. Horrible stay away for 22$ lobster wasn't cooked As always, crab fries don't disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdibleKellaDined on 9/8/2014Nice atmosphere, great location to the stadium! Food was very disappointing but edible. Average staff. Would not go back.
- Overpriced Bar FoodpinotnoirDined on 8/30/2014Menu needs improving and too expensive 4 bar food. Liked the lobster dinner special that was offered last year.
- One of our best visitsPapaleckiVIPDined on 8/22/2014We dine at chickie and petes often. This visit was one of our bestSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerluv2eatDined on 8/19/2014Had a great dinner before the Phillies game. Great food, service and atmosphere. Would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun before a concertZelda28Dined on 8/13/2014Great food, exciting place for pre-concert food! One gem is the Taxi-crab that takes you over to the venue. Awesome service.Special Features:
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The ambience was great and the music was fun and upbeat. I think the kids really enjoyed that and so did we. The food all sounded great but was a little bit overpriced for what it actually was. Crab nachos were just cheap store bought nachos with canned cheese and crabmeat on top. I expected something more difficult to imitate at home for the price. The menu reads as being much more exotic than it really is. I wasn't impressed. Fodo was ok/good even but not worth the money. Service was average and food came out fairly quick which was nice with kids in tow.Special Features:
- Great staff!KgmcmomVIPDined on 8/13/2014Made our reservation through opentable but the restaurant never received it. The manager and staff were very accommodating and seated us immediately, despite the big crowds. Our waitress was spectacular and was very attentive to our table. Great crab fries!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Great Locationkbmcgill1216Dined on 8/9/2014I ate here before going to the Phillies Game. Besides being close to the stadiums, the food was fantastic and the ambiance was fun! Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Great Accomodating My Large Group!JazzyFoodMasterDined on 8/5/2014I would definitely frequent this spot again. I had a pretty large group and cancelled initial reservations we made in a private room. They were very nice about it...no hassle. I booked a large table instead and they still were able to accommodate my group of 11. Food came out fast.....very hospitable waitress as well (Noelle).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yummy foodKimberlyDined on 8/3/2014Every time we go to Chickie's & Pete's, we can always count on consistently tasty food. Our favorite app to get there are the combo fries with crab fries and sweet potato fries- each dip they come with is fabulous. I hope they never stop making that combo!Special Features:
- Good Dig for a Bday celebrationBdayBoyDined on 7/30/2014I initially reserved for 10 through open table and contacted the restaurant to let them know there would be more up to 15. They changed reservation without an issue. They were extremely helpful over the phone. Food was good and came out quickly. The server worked hard but was not so attentive. The atmosphere was awesome and the getup in the bar rocked. I was able to watch my other favorite MLB team on the huge tv screen. Loved it! They don't have desserts! What?? I didn't get cake on my Bday. Get some desserts boys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Chickie's & Pete's South Philadelphia reviews archive.
- UniqueTappanTravelerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Took the Grandkids and they loved it: the food and the decor. Great variety on the menu. The lobster roll was outstanding. Cocktail sauce is "tangy" to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We were visiting from out of town and wanted to try something 'Philly'. This place was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on a game nightToughcriticDined on 7/26/2014Made reservations on-line, knew it was a Phillies game but we got seated right away and the food and atmosphere were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday late afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We were seated right away but took forever for our food to come. Also we watched servers walk around aimlessly to find which food went to which table. Very unorganized. My friends said they would never go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!Jennx011Dined on 7/24/2014I have always loved Chickie's and Pete's. It is a great sports barand great environment to hang out with your friends. Just overall a good time! I would recommend Chickie's to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better experiences.LovediningoutDined on 7/21/2014We went for lunch. Made a reservation. Table was ready and service stopped over right away. Wasn't very busy at all. Our orders were messed up. Ordered cheese steaks and they brought out chicken cheese steaks. Then the check came. They charged us for all of the sandwiches and when we brought It to the servers attention she tried to blame someone else. No apology. No let us knock off a soda or something. I'll never go there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2014Delicious Lobster and Shrimp! Definitely will visit next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itMomof4boysDined on 6/15/2014always a good meal whether its sandwiches or seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentmimiDined on 5/24/2014Chickie and Petes is always the same. Entree's are not great, but the appetizers are wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The service was fast, friendly and awesome! This was my first time at Chickie and Pete's. My waitress was very knowledgable of the entrees. Everything she suggested, we tried. The food was great! The atmosphere was amazing! My family enjoyed themselves. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chickies is Chickies!TelstarJewelersDined on 3/15/2014The menu has expanded, but the mainstays are still the best! Mussels, Crab Fries, Sandwiches...you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We arrived at 6:05pm for our 6pm reservation. We were seated immediately in a fun and friendly way (they were busting on us for being 5-min. late.HA! :) We had a beer in hand in 3 minutes, ordered our food, and was half way through eating already by 6:30. In no way did it feel rushed. Our waitress was fantastic, fun, attentive, and just what we needed after a long busy week. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Chickie's and PeteChaseydujacDined on 1/27/2014Great dinner with colleague. C&P fries were great...love the cheese. Had Dungeness Crab...Spectacular... Colleague had King Crab Legs...also great. Service was fine, drinks were delivered fast. Would certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.