1544 Webster St
Alameda, CA 94501Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chichabistro.com/
- Phone: 5105223764x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday 4:00 pm-10:00 pm
Saturday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Fernando Salinas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide catering to private and office events ( on or off premises).
- Entertainment: Please check our event calendar for more details
- Special Events: Check our website for events calendar
A word from Chicha
Peruvian cuisine draws from an ancient cultural history of trade and native tradition based on ingredients and customs spanning vastly contrasting geographical zones - the Pacific Coast, the Andes Mountains, and the Amazon Jungle. Marked by a variety, complexity, and sophistication of its dishes dating back to the Spanish conquest of Peru during the early 16th century, Peruvian cuisine is one of the world"s original fusion cuisines, combining Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, African, Italian, and French cuisine with native Inca culinary traditions. It is our goal at Chicha to bring a taste of authentic Peruvian cuisine to our beautiful city of Alameda. You no longer have to leave the country, to experience the richness of a unique gastronomic experience that can only be captured by an authentic Peruvian restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicha reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance2.5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- it was closed: Open Table SnafujohnnyLambChopDined on 6/25/2014I made a reservation for lunch Wednesday on Open Table. Got there with my business guests to find the place locked up. There was no sign re: hours in view. But when I looked on line later, I see that it's only open for lunch on Thursday and Friday. Very annoying.
- Earth Calling Chicha Come in PleaseMViscontiVIPDined on 6/18/2014Chicha's was closed when we showed up for our confirmed reservation. No explanatory note was left on the door. This was a business lunch on a tight schedule and Chicha's being closed and sending no notice so I could make other arrangements was a major embarrassment. We have lodged a complaint with Open Table and are awaiting Open Table's and Chicha's making this right.
- EZdinerDined on 6/6/2014Good food and service but a little too nkisy even for a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Find in AlamedaGoodfoodinalamedaDined on 5/11/2014Owner and staff very friendly at this family run restaurant. There were 7 of us and everyone raved about their dish. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Chicha reviews archive.
- Kind of a Miss...2EnjoyEatingOutDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Brunch, the restaurent was empty at 1:00PM. the menu looked good, the service was ok. The menu said "All egg entrees comes with country potatoes, cheddar jalapeno biscuits and small fruit salad". 2 of us ordered the Tortilla a su gusto. No tomatoes, no mushrooms, (we did get a generous bowl of fresh fruit) no country potatoes, no cheddar jalapeno busicuits. We had to ask about the missing potatoes and biscuits - we got 2 slices of whole wheat bread - no butter (I would have preferred it toasted & buttered). They only had one other table come in while we were there. The omlette was good, but it was a disappointment. They gave us a card with a 10% discount for another visit - I'll try it again, and hope it's better.