Chicago's - Roswell
4401 Shallowford Road
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chicago's - Roswell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7709937464
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar Galan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate space can accommodate up to 24 guests. Suitable for private events from family get-togethers, business dinners, or just a friends night out.
- Private Party Contact: Jeanne Wittner 7709937464
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment in our cozy, intimate lounge every Friday and Saturday starting at 7:30pm. See Entertainment schedule on the website for upcoming artists.
A word from Chicago's - Roswell
PROUDLY SERVING ATLANTA SINCE 1991 Chicago’s Steak and Seafood has been proudly serving northern Atlanta since 1991 becoming a landmark and local institution of neighborhood camaraderie. We pride ourselves in preparing each dish on our varied menu to your specifications and satisfying every appetite. Offering dinners daily and Sunday brunch with warm hospitality in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Enjoy one of our Ultimate Martinis and live entertainment in our Speakeasy Lounge on Friday and Saturday evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Chicago's - Roswell - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
Chicago's - Roswell reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (41)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (24)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Joan and DaveDaveDined on 8/23/2014A romantic dinner for two. The wine was excellent. It was described by our server, Jonathan. Who provided with excellent service. He deserves a very high rating in his demeanor, and being knowledgeable about each menu item. By the way the food was excellent, served at the correct temperature and the presentation was very pleasing.Special Features:
- Great Prime Ribnot4usDined on 8/23/2014We had the Prime Rib and it was fantastic. My fiance is very picky when it comes to how it is cooked. She has to have it rare, me medium rare. The chef didn't disappoint us. The prime rib was perfectly cooked. The garlic mashed potatoes were done the right way and the broccoli melted in your mouth. The pours from the bar were very liberal and all in all it was one of the better restaurants we have visited over the last couple of months. We go out every Saturday night trying new restaurants and Chicago Steak has become one of regular stops. If you haven't eaten there, you need to.Special Features:
- We love Chicago's in Roswell!JimmyDDined on 8/22/2014Chicago's is our "go-to" place for special occasions: birthdays, anniversaries, family celebrations. It is also our pre-airport and pre-opera restaurant. It is great to be able to make reservations now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There for a 75th B-Day and .......TheGeneralVIPDined on 8/20/2014they offered a "you must have" dessert for us....... Then it appeared on the bill - 2X While we like Chicago's and frequent it with friends.......this was not a "happy" way to end the birthday when the server made us think it was a 'comp' dessert(s).... We declined it 3 times and then he insisted so we said ok It may be a while back before we return and I hope the management reads and understands this ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finicky eaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Reasonable prices, friendly and attentive wait staff, good selection. Chicken piccata was a little bland and the sauce was too oily for my taste. The grilled chicken was excellent, as was the Prime Rib. Chicken with bing cherry sauce got a thumbs up from my spouse, as did the onion soup. You need to ask for bread and water if you want it. This is an excellent choice for a solid, satisfying and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Neighborhoods BestNeighborVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food, always a cut above. Drinks are mixed to perfection. At Chicagos you can always expect the best service along with the most delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014We decided to go here for Date night. The food was good, It seemed a bit pricey for the level of service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good jobDan3525Dined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit here and it was a good one. we split a ribeye steak( it had to be sent back to be cooked correctly but it ended up fine) and had a fine dessert. the waiter was very friendly and the assist staff was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I've been to Chicagos several times the service and food are consistently good they've never let me downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cindy500500Dined on 8/2/2014Chicago's is very consistent in their food and service. Never a bad meal. The food is excellent, well prepared and the service is professional and efficient. The atmosphere is calming with noise at a minimum even though the restaurant is crowded with many couples and several large groups. Highly recommend an evening dinner at Chicago's.Special Features:
- See private remarksJohnDined on 8/2/2014See private remarks for additional info Food quality and preparation and service were much less than satisfactory
- Best meal to date there.ricerileyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We eat at Chicago's often but the last time we dined there it was our best meal there yet. We ordered the same things as always but were even better. It is a great restaurant that is easy to get to while family friendly and a big menu with lots of variety. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinneratlantadebDined on 7/26/2014We had the best waitress at Chicago's. I wish I could remember her name!! So attentive and gave us great choices when we asked her about her favorites. Everything from the wine selection to the delicious prime rib. She was unlike any waitress I have had even at much more expensive restaurants. would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood RestaurantAdrianVIPDined on 7/20/2014Chicago is a good place to dine out, everything was in general pretty good. The environment is classy and spacious, service is great, and the dishes aren't going to blow your away yet are still pretty enjoyable.Special Features:
- a "weekday" place for family nowTheGeneralVIPDined on 7/16/2014The early bird price for any of the meals offered is $10.00 - a great value. My Dad had pecan crusted fish with three strips and veggies underneath, and my Mom had a new offering, which was a pork shish kabob with tomatoes, purple onions, green and red pepper served over couscous. It came on the metal rod w/a fruit glaze. It was delicious. I would compliment the additional choices on the early bird which was what I had as well as fried shrimp and the pecan crusted fish. For a Tuesday night, their was still a good crowd for early bird but nothing like it used to be on Friday night as they dropped the early bird for Friday's. Chicago's dropped the early bird offering on Friday night so that is why we decided to go during the week.
- 80% excellenteastcobbdinerrpDined on 7/15/2014delicious fish, shrimp, House salad was (warm and blah) rolls were over baked/dry. *server was prompt/polite but could benefit from training (pick up menus vs. asking the diners, place beverages next to the appropriate guest vs. reaching through the guests and handing directly to hand of the diner, return to the table more frequently once food arrives (rolls were over baked and dry and not replaced until ten minutes after salads were presented. * I believe, that with a few easy and basic improvements, Chicago's could be rated Excellent vs. an overall of very good. We are hoping for a chilled and improved salad next visit. We do enjoy this restaurant, there are more pros than cons, and will return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantplace2eatDined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at Chicago's for several years and have NEVER been disappointed with the food, service, or ambience. It is where we have celebrated birthdays and taken local and out of town guests. There is no better restaurant---and the prices are right!!!Special Features:
- FredVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. There were six people in our party, and everybody's order was done just right. Everybody's food was prepared just right, and when the meal was over, we were never rushed to leave. This was a very relaxing, enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwayschicagofanDined on 7/11/2014The food is always great at Chicago's. If you have not yet tried the restaurant, you should give it a try, you will not be disappointed. They also have a lounge that has wonderful live music on weekends, you can even eat dinner in the lounge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Chicago's is a very nice restaurant but a bit pricey. Music and separate bar is very nice.Special Features:
- Perfect steakChefsavoryDined on 7/11/2014Party of 6, and we had a fantastic dinner, ans steaks came out perfect which is a rarity now a days. Gm Jeannie made it a wonderful night!Special Features:
- eatoutoftenDined on 7/11/2014As a 20-yr Chicago's regular, I can finally say that everyone - even the best restaurant in metro Atlanta - can have an off night. . .appetizer overdone, veggies way underdone, servers rushing diners, etc. I still will be back very soon for their usual all-around excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value value valueNateDined on 7/10/2014We have been going for the early-bird special and it is a great deal and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Experience122670Dined on 7/9/2014We and our guests enjoyed ourselves and were truly treated as special customers. Why make the trip to Buckhead when Chicago's is in East Cobb?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Our server Alexander was wonderful. He made great suggestions and convinced us to try fish feature. Which was amazing.Special Features:
- Favorite Neighborhood EateryeatoutoftenDined on 6/27/2014Once again, Chicago's hits the mark as they have been doing for us for the past 20 years. The food continues to be exceptional, and the service is always excellent. Thanks to the entire Chicago's team.Special Features:
- ReliableSusieelfmomDined on 6/27/2014Can always count on consistent food and service. Try the green tomato fries for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014Chicago's is a great local restaurant. Our server was the best. Also nice visit to our table from the Manager.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsfood4friendsDined on 6/21/2014I have been going to Chicago's since 1990 and have never had a bad experience. The food is awesome! The service is exceptional! Every time I have out-of-town guests, I bring them to Chicago's and they rave about it. Never found a better steak in the Atlanta area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cindidindiDined on 6/15/2014We have come for several special occasions but should come for any occasion as it is quiet affordable and very delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious ALWAYSGigiDined on 6/14/2014This has been one of our favorite places for over 20 years. The food is always outstanding, service fabulous and drinks well worth the price! You can't go wrong choosing Chicago's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceFoodloverDined on 6/14/2014I love the friendly atmosphere and the management staff who always remembers you. Food is good and just feels like a special sunday dinner. Great onion soup and ceasar salad with wide assortment of entrees and great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okBrianTheMasterVIPDined on 6/13/2014Overall the food is ok, my sister had the grilled chicken. Except for the calamari which was over cooked and not seasoned very well, oh and they serve soy sauce with it, not marinara. That was good, but everything else was just ok. Priced descent and the location is ok. There is definitely better choices in the area. The server was horrible, he only refilled our drinks once.
- TouristTouristDined on 6/13/2014We moved out of state and we're back in town to meet with friends. The food was great, our waitress was awesome, and we had so much fun in the bar! A great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped the EARLY BIRD on Fri?!?!TheGeneralVIPDined on 6/13/2014Well, a great place we have gone for years when we want to eat early (with friends) and most often take groups of their friends with us...."turned on" many new customers to repeat customers by going early for the specials... This last Friday - we went with friends and found out they no longer do the "Early Bird" on Friday. News to us Still a good place, still will go but it will not be our Friday "get together" spot anymore unless they can bring this back (I'll bet it will be a great deal less business till well into the evening with traffic - - - - we could have come and gone before others can get their with traffic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago'sJohnandLamarDined on 6/11/2014We've been going to Chicago's on a regular basis since right after their opening. Chicago's has continued over the years to be our "go to" place for dinner, special occasions, visits with friends, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningIn2RiverDined on 6/10/2014We were disappointed in the food. The salad was very average, as was the main course for both my wife and me. The atmosphere is good, they just need to improve on the flavor and originality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/10/2014Always a lovely evening all of the staff are personable and precise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shearjoyDined on 6/7/2014food was good but a bit pricey. Our waitress must have been new because the rest of the staff had to step in when we were waiting 10 minutes for water. The House Salad and appetizers were very good. I would return for that.Special Features:
- Chicago'stalkdownDined on 6/6/2014Great food and Lila was a very good server who got it all right.Concerned about the guy who was expediting food in the kitchen as we had a table near the kitchen area which was open to customers to see in our section.Could not beleive he kept spitting in a cup and once he realized that i had seen him he turned his back to and continued to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.