Chicago Prime Steakhouse
1444 E. Algonquin Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (847) 969-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Entertainment Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer two private dining rooms and are available for private dining from 10-130.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 - 130 people. Private Party rooms feature presentation screens and WIFI and separate temp and lighting controls.
Private dining packages are available for all social and business events.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Popnick 847-969-9900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Chicago Prime Steakhouse
Chicago Prime Steakhouse is the only independently owned 100% Prime Steakhouse in the Schaumburg area offering the perfect balance of sophisticated ambiance and exquisite cuisine. Always serving USDA Prime-Aged Steaks and seafood is flown in daily. Chicago Prime Steakhouse offers guests an award winning wine list and live music five nights a week. Enjoy the style of downtown right here in the suburbs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Chicago Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Chicago Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (62)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great SteakAga87Dined on 11/21/2014The steak was great. The staff was overwhelmed with tables, so service was not the best. They have this picture of downtown Chicago that is lit up as if you were cruising on Lake Michigan and this was your view (very tacky). People bring their kids there, not sure why. Overall, there are better steak houses. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday, but we won't be returning.
- Always a great time!AGinNoCalDined on 11/19/2014George runs a friendly yet highly professional operation based on great meat (and other items), perfectly prepared with friendly but upscale service. When we are in the Schaumburg area, this is where we go for great steaks! (And, try the bacon sticks as an appetizer!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt ChopsRichDined on 11/19/2014I ordered the lamb chops, quite expensive, and they arrived with the bones completely charred black, and the chops were rather dry and tasteless. Very disappointing considering the expense. My wife ordered the salmon, and it also was rather dry. I don't think I will be returning to the Chicago Prime Steakhouse, too expensive and the quality just isn't there.
- Not exciting.FredDined on 11/18/2014Wine, sides, service great. Filet mignot unseasoned and gristly. Salad not exciting. Server was awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakhouseTolerBear1VIPDined on 11/15/2014Been dining here for ages! Consistently excellent food, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceSwanky4everVIPDined on 11/15/2014From the moment you walk in, prepare yourself to be pampered. The staff is professional, friendly, and goes out of their way to please your every need. The bar scene along with live music (The Pete Show) is just amazing. George, the owner, works the room like a true professional; greeting every table as family. Thank you, George, for Chicago Prime and for spoiling all your customers! Gil & LauraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjmanDined on 11/15/2014The food was great as well as the service we had a reservation and the restaurant was crowded but our table was ready and we were seated as soon as we walked in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably great!BearkatDined on 11/10/2014We returned to Chicago Prime recently for a birthday dinner, and weren't disappointed. The service, food and wine selection provided the special occasion experience we were looking for. Steak and seafood are excellent here. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and eager to provide the information you need to make the meal and wine choices that will suit your taste. Each time we have dined here, my husband has said the filet is one of the best steaks he's had in his life. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missy5Dined on 11/9/2014I was there for my son's birthday celebration. The server was very pleasant and attentive. The appetizer was delicious and he especially enjoyed the 24oz. porterhouse. My husband and I had the bacon wrapped filets which were very good, but not best I've had. It was a very nice celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The shrimp dejohne was fantastic. The wait staff could not have been more attentive and yet gave us plenty of private time as well. Overall experience was great!Special Features:
- mfiore28Dined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at many steak houses in the Chicagoland area. But our expierence at Chicago Prime Steak House was not enjoyable. We walk in and the expectation were high. The ambiance was good. Wine list is very limited. The staff wasn't well informed with the wine list. They didn't know the vinatge of the wine we order it was a Nickel and Nickel. The service was slow plates after each course were left on our table for an extended period of time. The maine course I had the Special Canjun Delmonico with a greasy oilly sauce it wasn't prepared medium rare and the sauce had a burnt taste to it. It wasn't very special. The others had steaks which were okay. I have had better meals at the Capital Grill for this kind of price tag.Special Features:
- Great Dine-In experiencefoodie929Dined on 11/7/2014I had a great experience. I made a reservation for a Friday night for my boyfriends birthday. Our server was great. He was very knowledgeable on the menu and had great recommendations. The owner was circulating the room introducing himself to all of customers. I thought it was a nice touch that the owner wore the same coats as the waitstaff. I will definitely be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday night with friendsfoodphilDined on 11/6/2014the best place in the burbs for great food and good company ...atmosphere allows for lots of conversations ...plus the fantastic meat cuts!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Our go to restaurant to celebrate our November birthdays. Have gone there three years in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyJamaicajoVIPDined on 10/31/2014I chose this restaurant because I wanted to have a very special dining experience that evening. Well, the waiter was good - BUT. I ordered a grey goose martini straight up with a splash of cranberry. the drink was a watered down cosmo! My daughter's martini (also with Grey goose) was not very good at all. 2 steaks were done perfectly , 1 had to get sent back for not being done enough. The char on the steaks was really overdone, too much of a good thing. The Bernaise sauce was watery, not creamy like I've had before. The baked potato was a bit hard, not nice and fluffy like some steak houses. I wouldn't go back here , expecially for the money. I could name several steak houses that I'd rather eat at.Special Features:
- caught off guard...ApotheosisVIPDined on 10/30/2014Well, I made quite the impression by finding this place for a dinner date. What an excellent all-around venue for a romantic evening with someone you're trying to impress. The food was outstanding, the platter of steaks presented by our server really made you realize what a first class selection of steaks they have here. The bar area is a great place to eat your meal, especially on the Thursday night we were there, because the entertainer was very enjoyable. Played a variety of slow and fast 70's, 80's and 90's tunes.Special Features:
- Forget the chain steak housesPerlVIPDined on 10/27/2014The quality of the steaks is top drawer. Service was perfect. Now I have to say that we ate early so it was not super busy, but there was not a weak spot in the entire dinner. Forget Morton's and Ruth's Chris.
- Wish the steaks were betterdinksDined on 10/25/2014Sorry, service and ambiance were excellent, but steaks fell short of expectations. Tender as they should be for the price, but not all that tasty. No grilled flavor, no seasonings to speak of. We ordered them without the fancy sauce. Two of the steaks at our tables were overcooked beyond our med rare and medium order, but not worth waiting to have the steaks re-done. Lastly, the website menu is out of date. I had my mouth set for the 6oz filet mignon with onion straws only to find they don't offer that any longer. 6oz is the perfect size, and I really don't want 2 4-ounce ends....I want a prime piece of meat....save the ends for a kabob or sliders. Who eats all those big steaks on the menu? Or are people sharing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewTurtledove45Dined on 10/18/2014Great place for sweetest day we enjoyed the food and drinks really really good placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!KubaDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated the wife's birthday, no wait with reservation...some places make you wait even if you have a reservation. Food was great, steaks were made correctly, needed a little more seasoning but no complaints. We had a wonderful waiter and never felt rushed. It did get a little loud towards the end of the night, but nothing to major. I mentioned we were celebrating a birthday and brought out a wonderful tasting key lime pie with a candle on the house. For (2) people with drinks, total tab was $157 before tip, but thats what I expected and with quality of food and service, I had no complaint paying that much. BTW, try the wasabi mashed potatoes, they were great.Special Features:
- Great for business dinnerCharlesDined on 10/18/2014Went with business associates. The food was excellent and the wine list was pretty inclusive. I would recommend that you order on the light side with sides, as portion sizes were very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the sides are fantasticLouWDined on 10/16/2014Lobster mac and cheese great. Asparagus was very good as well. Shoe strings a great deal at $6.Special Features:
- Nice AmbianceSpecialDined on 10/11/2014I took my fiance to this place for a early sweetest day gift. The restaurant did have a very nice ambiance and the gentleman singing live in the lounge sounded wonderful. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to my expectations. The crab cake was very good. The Moscato wine was excellent but both steaks tasted unseasoned but was very tender. The double baked potato tasted a little charred. I would not go back for the food but I would go back to hear the live singing.Special Features:
- ez to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Have been very happy at Chicago Prime in the past. Very unhappy this time. I hate it when they bring our meals out in the middle of salads. Then my companion's steak was full of fat. As I had complained to the manager about being rushed, I now could not get anyone's attention. Left very unhappy. Worst $ 300.00 dinner I ever had. Manager did try to make us feel better, but it really was too late.
- good foodtakeme80sVIPDined on 10/5/2014we really enjoyed everything we ate... garlic mashed potatoes had whole pieces of garlic... yummm...Special Features:
- somewhat disappointinghootyDined on 10/4/2014was expecting more after reading other reviews.Atmosphere is average nothing special.We both had the fillets which were average at best,definitely not top steak house quality.Special Features:
- Great steakFrankWDined on 10/3/2014Went with my Mom, not much else in the Schaumberg area for me. Eaten at Mortons, so-so, really never a good experience, figured we'd try Prime. I had the Land and Sea, one of the steaks was cooked fine (medium well), the other was under cooked (medium rare at best!). I asked them to reheat, wasn't two minutes and it was back out cooked through completely! I've cooked enough personally and professionally to know "Chef Mike" handled this. Instead of owning up, they tell me the oven is at 1800 degrees and cooks them instantly. I don't think so. Too many holes in that story! But they quickly took it back and cooked me another that was perfect. I'll try again, the steak was very good. Oh yeah, and my Mom's steak was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Prime - a Great TimeFMCEVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had a wonderful time - we were taking out very dear friends to celebrate our friendship and to spend time together. The waitstaff member, Chris, was amazing - the wine, the food, the desserts were fabulous. Definitely a choice we'll keep in mind for special occasions.Special Features:
- Love Chicago PrimejeffhDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at Chicago Prime. Service was very attentive without being too intense. Mike did a great job taking care of us. The steaks at Chicago Prime are as good as any of the top tier steakhouses, and the prices are probably 20% less - a great value. The salad was very good. The baked potato (we shared one) is huge and very tasty. My wife had the filet, and it was tasty and tender. I had the NY strip, which was very flavorful and just the right texture. Nice job!Special Features:
- Out for Steak with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The steak melted in my mouth. The lobster was perfectly cooked and presented free of shell to me. Even the ranch dressing on my salad was delicious. There was just the right amount of cheese in the french onion soup. The creme brulee was filled with real vanilla bean. Neither of us had to ever do more than raise our head to make contact with the waiter. My water was filled without me asking. Perfect service. Perfect. Will absolutely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!GoodDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Our Server, Armand Paole was FANTASTIC! He was very attentive to every detail, polite and energetic, yet tactful and knew when to make himself present, checking on drinks and food, and when to stay away, as it was, after all, our wedding anniversary dinner :) Armand has a great sense of humor, cracking jokes at times. My NY steak was under-cooked, but Armand returned it in no time at the perfect temp. Now I know for future reference - Medium-Plus to Well. Thanks Armand for the tip! My husband's Bone-In Ribeye was cooked to perfection and had a great char, which he loved. Overall it was a fantastic dining experience. Ron and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointing meal we've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Steak and fish over cooked, creamed spinach awful and poor service.
- MouseDined on 9/15/2014While I don't eat steak, I took my nephew there for his birthday as he is a steak lover. He said his steak was good, not great. I had salmon which was good but the vegetables were swimming in oil/butter and were uneatable. We would not return as the food was not very good. Service however was excellent.
- Love this placeDustymVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been here several times, and are never disappointed!! The food is consistently good and the servers friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The owner George is ever present making sure that the diners are happy. Give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Chicago Prime Steaks!CharlieBDined on 9/13/2014We were well received, well served, and enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFlame35Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has a very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The food was excellent. After dinner we went to the bar and enjoyed some live music. It was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CuisineScurdaDined on 8/31/2014Great steaks as always! I would, however, love to see some grass-fed options. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that specialFrugalDinerDined on 8/31/2014I made this reservation for my son's birthday. It was someplace he had wanted to go, so I thought I would give it a chance. I expected a pricey dinner, and it was. I also expected an exceptional meal, it wasn't. The food was something I could get at any moderate restaurant like Outback or Wildfire, but I could get it there for at least half the price with similar or better service. Of specific concern was the waiter who needed to take a shower and the ribeye that was tough. ( how you make a tough ribeye, I don't know )
- Goodlati26Dined on 8/31/2014Nice time. Bone in ribeye was excellent cooked perfectly My mom had the lamb chops which she Loved. Buffalo thai shrimp appetizer a must they were excellent with a bit of a kick. The only thing I did not enjoy was the lobster mac and cheese it was definitely an off night for especially for $17. I last visited in November and it was the best I'd ever had and actually would have paid more so im not sure what happened. If you have room for dessert or like me I had to take it to go but the tiramisu was excellent. Everyone was pleasant the owner went around greeting everyone which was nice. The only reason I deducted a star was the lobster mac and cheese. But overall great food for the price. I don't mind paying the price for great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryluvgoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014My husband had veal parmesan. I had beef wellington with Chiean sea bass. Both of our meals were delicious and large portions. While this restaurant is expensive the meals were certainly worth it. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would like to have a excellent dining experience.Special Features: