Chicago Prime Steakhouse
1444 E. Algonquin Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479699900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Entertainment Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer two private dining rooms and are available for private dining from 10-130.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 - 130 people. Private Party rooms feature presentation screens and WIFI and separate temp and lighting controls.
Private dining packages are available for all social and business events.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Popnick 847-969-9900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Chicago Prime Steakhouse
Chicago Prime Steakhouse is the only independently owned 100% Prime Steakhouse in the Schaumburg area offering the perfect balance of sophisticated ambiance and exquisite cuisine. Always serving USDA Prime-Aged Steaks and seafood is flown in daily. Chicago Prime Steakhouse offers guests an award winning wine list and live music five nights a week. Enjoy the style of downtown right here in the suburbs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chicago Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Chicago Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (58)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- ReviewTurtledove45Dined on 10/18/2014Great place for sweetest day we enjoyed the food and drinks really really good placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!KubaDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated the wife's birthday, no wait with reservation...some places make you wait even if you have a reservation. Food was great, steaks were made correctly, needed a little more seasoning but no complaints. We had a wonderful waiter and never felt rushed. It did get a little loud towards the end of the night, but nothing to major. I mentioned we were celebrating a birthday and brought out a wonderful tasting key lime pie with a candle on the house. For (2) people with drinks, total tab was $157 before tip, but thats what I expected and with quality of food and service, I had no complaint paying that much. BTW, try the wasabi mashed potatoes, they were great.Special Features:
- Great for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Went with business associates. The food was excellent and the wine list was pretty inclusive. I would recommend that you order on the light side with sides, as portion sizes were very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the sides are fantasticLouWDined on 10/16/2014Lobster mac and cheese great. Asparagus was very good as well. Shoe strings a great deal at $6.Special Features:
- Nice AmbianceSpecialDined on 10/11/2014I took my fiance to this place for a early sweetest day gift. The restaurant did have a very nice ambiance and the gentleman singing live in the lounge sounded wonderful. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to my expectations. The crab cake was very good. The Moscato wine was excellent but both steaks tasted unseasoned but was very tender. The double baked potato tasted a little charred. I would not go back for the food but I would go back to hear the live singing.Special Features:
- ez to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Have been very happy at Chicago Prime in the past. Very unhappy this time. I hate it when they bring our meals out in the middle of salads. Then my companion's steak was full of fat. As I had complained to the manager about being rushed, I now could not get anyone's attention. Left very unhappy. Worst $ 300.00 dinner I ever had. Manager did try to make us feel better, but it really was too late.
- good foodtakeme80sVIPDined on 10/5/2014we really enjoyed everything we ate... garlic mashed potatoes had whole pieces of garlic... yummm...Special Features:
- somewhat disappointinghootyDined on 10/4/2014was expecting more after reading other reviews.Atmosphere is average nothing special.We both had the fillets which were average at best,definitely not top steak house quality.Special Features:
- Great steakFrankWDined on 10/3/2014Went with my Mom, not much else in the Schaumberg area for me. Eaten at Mortons, so-so, really never a good experience, figured we'd try Prime. I had the Land and Sea, one of the steaks was cooked fine (medium well), the other was under cooked (medium rare at best!). I asked them to reheat, wasn't two minutes and it was back out cooked through completely! I've cooked enough personally and professionally to know "Chef Mike" handled this. Instead of owning up, they tell me the oven is at 1800 degrees and cooks them instantly. I don't think so. Too many holes in that story! But they quickly took it back and cooked me another that was perfect. I'll try again, the steak was very good. Oh yeah, and my Mom's steak was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Prime - a Great TimeFMCEVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had a wonderful time - we were taking out very dear friends to celebrate our friendship and to spend time together. The waitstaff member, Chris, was amazing - the wine, the food, the desserts were fabulous. Definitely a choice we'll keep in mind for special occasions.Special Features:
- Love Chicago PrimejeffhDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at Chicago Prime. Service was very attentive without being too intense. Mike did a great job taking care of us. The steaks at Chicago Prime are as good as any of the top tier steakhouses, and the prices are probably 20% less - a great value. The salad was very good. The baked potato (we shared one) is huge and very tasty. My wife had the filet, and it was tasty and tender. I had the NY strip, which was very flavorful and just the right texture. Nice job!Special Features:
- Out for Steak with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The steak melted in my mouth. The lobster was perfectly cooked and presented free of shell to me. Even the ranch dressing on my salad was delicious. There was just the right amount of cheese in the french onion soup. The creme brulee was filled with real vanilla bean. Neither of us had to ever do more than raise our head to make contact with the waiter. My water was filled without me asking. Perfect service. Perfect. Will absolutely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!GoodDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Our Server, Armand Paole was FANTASTIC! He was very attentive to every detail, polite and energetic, yet tactful and knew when to make himself present, checking on drinks and food, and when to stay away, as it was, after all, our wedding anniversary dinner :) Armand has a great sense of humor, cracking jokes at times. My NY steak was under-cooked, but Armand returned it in no time at the perfect temp. Now I know for future reference - Medium-Plus to Well. Thanks Armand for the tip! My husband's Bone-In Ribeye was cooked to perfection and had a great char, which he loved. Overall it was a fantastic dining experience. Ron and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointing meal we've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Steak and fish over cooked, creamed spinach awful and poor service.
- MouseDined on 9/15/2014While I don't eat steak, I took my nephew there for his birthday as he is a steak lover. He said his steak was good, not great. I had salmon which was good but the vegetables were swimming in oil/butter and were uneatable. We would not return as the food was not very good. Service however was excellent.
- Love this placeDustymVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been here several times, and are never disappointed!! The food is consistently good and the servers friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The owner George is ever present making sure that the diners are happy. Give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Chicago Prime Steaks!CharlieBDined on 9/13/2014We were well received, well served, and enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFlame35Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has a very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The food was excellent. After dinner we went to the bar and enjoyed some live music. It was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CuisineScurdaDined on 8/31/2014Great steaks as always! I would, however, love to see some grass-fed options. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that specialFrugalDinerDined on 8/31/2014I made this reservation for my son's birthday. It was someplace he had wanted to go, so I thought I would give it a chance. I expected a pricey dinner, and it was. I also expected an exceptional meal, it wasn't. The food was something I could get at any moderate restaurant like Outback or Wildfire, but I could get it there for at least half the price with similar or better service. Of specific concern was the waiter who needed to take a shower and the ribeye that was tough. ( how you make a tough ribeye, I don't know )
- Goodlati26Dined on 8/31/2014Nice time. Bone in ribeye was excellent cooked perfectly My mom had the lamb chops which she Loved. Buffalo thai shrimp appetizer a must they were excellent with a bit of a kick. The only thing I did not enjoy was the lobster mac and cheese it was definitely an off night for especially for $17. I last visited in November and it was the best I'd ever had and actually would have paid more so im not sure what happened. If you have room for dessert or like me I had to take it to go but the tiramisu was excellent. Everyone was pleasant the owner went around greeting everyone which was nice. The only reason I deducted a star was the lobster mac and cheese. But overall great food for the price. I don't mind paying the price for great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryluvgoodfoodDined on 8/30/2014My husband had veal parmesan. I had beef wellington with Chiean sea bass. Both of our meals were delicious and large portions. While this restaurant is expensive the meals were certainly worth it. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would like to have a excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- excellent food, mediocre serviceWillDined on 8/30/2014I have been to Chicago prime 3 times. The flood is unrivaled. The service is usually wonderful, but my last visit the waiter was not patient and almost rude. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas Night!!Swanky4everVIPDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding evening!! From moment one walks in, you feel as if have time-travelled to the swanky days of fine dining. The service is amazing, the food is succulent, and unfortunately, the evening is too short.Special Features:
- Needs a face liftLessPleaseDined on 8/18/2014Location kinda hidden behind a weed invested lot and next to an alley of sorts. Interior has good intentions, but showing age.
- DisappointedFezzesAreCoolDined on 8/17/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our 1 year anniversary the other night, and it was just really unfortunate. First off, we get there, and the host looks at us very awkwardly, as if he was shocked that people just walked in the door...it was really strange and set an off mood right off the bat. Also, is there no dress code here? We decided to go to Chicago Prime because it was supposedly a "nicer ambiance" and WE somehow felt overdressed by wearing nicer dresses...really? Most diners were in jeans & tees...some even crop tops! The rest of the night was awkward as well, from the bus boy tossing our silverware on the table, to the negligent server. The food was alright, but the ambiance and service were terrible. We will never go here again.
- A mixed bagMarkoDined on 8/16/2014First off, let me say that the food was excellent. We had a group of 6 and everyone enjoyed their food. Decor is ok...but not special. Service for us was poor. It dragged out despite communicating to our server up front that we wished to have expedited service. (It took 30 minutes after being seated to give our order.) They had live music in the bar area but it was so loud that we chose to wait at the front desk for our table.Special Features:
- Always a Good MealjgklVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always great professional service from start to finish. Nice table spacing, great atmosphere. Steak is always first rate. Low noise level in the dining room. Bar too loud to have a conversation when they have a performer. Generous servings of wine and liquor. Overall food is great. Only complaint is their affinity to over-oil many things; the octopus, the vegetables the Ahi appetizer... Other than that all is good.
- A gold standardJimschoicesDined on 8/16/2014Prime is their name and it fits, even after many dinners, they never cease to amaze ! The food is absolutely wonderful. I went off the reservation and ordered chicken. "Brick Chicken" was truly amazing probably the best I have ever eaten. My wife's steak was terrific. The "Steakhouse " portions were beyond belief. And George is still a wonderful host !!! I will continue to return time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoritejenniferVIPDined on 8/15/2014A family favorite for us! Outstanding service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- loved every biteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014we travel to Schaumburg every now and then, and this is the restaurant we ALWAYS make time for! Of course we get steak and it has always been a memorable evening. Lots of food, in fact we make sure we eat light all day in order to consume dinner. Love love loveSpecial Features:
- lesExposDined on 8/10/2014George's summer tomato salad was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Good, but too priceyarchieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We tried Chicago Prime on a recommendation. It was good, but not as good as the prices would suggest. For the same dollars, there are many other places I'd rather go.
- One of the better burb steakhousesformercityguyDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Chicago Prime and overall I was very happy with the experience. The food was very good and cooked properly and I felt like we were probably at one of the better steakhouses in the burbs. Ambiance was just so-so. Wasn't too loud or too quiet but I was surprised that the place wasn't packed for a Saturday night. No complaints in terms of getting a reservation! This is an expensive restaurant - look at the menu beforehand. But that aside, I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The appetizers, steaks, wine and sides were wonderful. Our waiter was great too! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday evening in the loungeJulieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We stopped in on a Friday evening to try some appetizers and wine in the lounge while listening to their entertainment. Michelle, our server, was awesome. We enjoyed the ambiance of the lounge and the entertainment. We'll be back again soon. Thanks Prime Steakhouse !!!!
- Great Ambiance, Great MusicLateDateDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I visited Chicago Prime to hear some live music after traveling and we're pleasantly surprise to find a welcoming staff, great live music and wonderful outdoor ambiance. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent choices of steaks and fish. Really always enjoy coming here for special occasions. George, the owner, always checks on the tables and makes sure that you have a wonderful meal and excellent service. Thanks!
- HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We ordered filets that were good. It came with a salad and that was all. Any sides were extra. I understand that the filets were a good cut of meat but a small salad was the only thing included. For the price, I felt a vegetable should have been included. The service was outstanding. My wife has food allergies and the waitress was on top of everything making sure she was safe.Special Features:
- food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The Host was delightful and even treated us to dessert.Special Features: