Chicago Prime Steakhouse
1444 E. Algonquin Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8479699900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Entertainment Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruben Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer two private dining rooms and are available for private dining from 10-130.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining rooms can accommodate groups of 10 - 130 people. Private Party rooms feature presentation screens and WIFI and separate temp and lighting controls.
Private dining packages are available for all social and business events.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Popnick 847-969-9900x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in the Lounge:
Tuesday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am
A word from Chicago Prime Steakhouse
Chicago Prime Steakhouse is the only independently owned 100% Prime Steakhouse in the Schaumburg area offering the perfect balance of sophisticated ambiance and exquisite cuisine. Always serving USDA Prime-Aged Steaks and seafood is flown in daily. Chicago Prime Steakhouse offers guests an award winning wine list and live music five nights a week. Enjoy the style of downtown right here in the suburbs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chicago Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Chicago Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (53)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great CuisineScurdaDined on 8/31/2014Great steaks as always! I would, however, love to see some grass-fed options. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I made this reservation for my son's birthday. It was someplace he had wanted to go, so I thought I would give it a chance. I expected a pricey dinner, and it was. I also expected an exceptional meal, it wasn't. The food was something I could get at any moderate restaurant like Outback or Wildfire, but I could get it there for at least half the price with similar or better service. Of specific concern was the waiter who needed to take a shower and the ribeye that was tough. ( how you make a tough ribeye, I don't know )
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Nice time. Bone in ribeye was excellent cooked perfectly My mom had the lamb chops which she Loved. Buffalo thai shrimp appetizer a must they were excellent with a bit of a kick. The only thing I did not enjoy was the lobster mac and cheese it was definitely an off night for especially for $17. I last visited in November and it was the best I'd ever had and actually would have paid more so im not sure what happened. If you have room for dessert or like me I had to take it to go but the tiramisu was excellent. Everyone was pleasant the owner went around greeting everyone which was nice. The only reason I deducted a star was the lobster mac and cheese. But overall great food for the price. I don't mind paying the price for great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband had veal parmesan. I had beef wellington with Chiean sea bass. Both of our meals were delicious and large portions. While this restaurant is expensive the meals were certainly worth it. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that would like to have a excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- excellent food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Chicago prime 3 times. The flood is unrivaled. The service is usually wonderful, but my last visit the waiter was not patient and almost rude. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas Night!!Swanky4everVIPDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding evening!! From moment one walks in, you feel as if have time-travelled to the swanky days of fine dining. The service is amazing, the food is succulent, and unfortunately, the evening is too short.Special Features:
- Needs a face liftLessPleaseDined on 8/18/2014Location kinda hidden behind a weed invested lot and next to an alley of sorts. Interior has good intentions, but showing age.
- DisappointedFezzesAreCoolDined on 8/17/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our 1 year anniversary the other night, and it was just really unfortunate. First off, we get there, and the host looks at us very awkwardly, as if he was shocked that people just walked in the door...it was really strange and set an off mood right off the bat. Also, is there no dress code here? We decided to go to Chicago Prime because it was supposedly a "nicer ambiance" and WE somehow felt overdressed by wearing nicer dresses...really? Most diners were in jeans & tees...some even crop tops! The rest of the night was awkward as well, from the bus boy tossing our silverware on the table, to the negligent server. The food was alright, but the ambiance and service were terrible. We will never go here again.
- A mixed bagMarkoDined on 8/16/2014First off, let me say that the food was excellent. We had a group of 6 and everyone enjoyed their food. Decor is ok...but not special. Service for us was poor. It dragged out despite communicating to our server up front that we wished to have expedited service. (It took 30 minutes after being seated to give our order.) They had live music in the bar area but it was so loud that we chose to wait at the front desk for our table.Special Features:
- Always a Good MealjgklVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always great professional service from start to finish. Nice table spacing, great atmosphere. Steak is always first rate. Low noise level in the dining room. Bar too loud to have a conversation when they have a performer. Generous servings of wine and liquor. Overall food is great. Only complaint is their affinity to over-oil many things; the octopus, the vegetables the Ahi appetizer... Other than that all is good.
- A gold standardJimschoicesDined on 8/16/2014Prime is their name and it fits, even after many dinners, they never cease to amaze ! The food is absolutely wonderful. I went off the reservation and ordered chicken. "Brick Chicken" was truly amazing probably the best I have ever eaten. My wife's steak was terrific. The "Steakhouse " portions were beyond belief. And George is still a wonderful host !!! I will continue to return time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoritejenniferVIPDined on 8/15/2014A family favorite for us! Outstanding service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- loved every biteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014we travel to Schaumburg every now and then, and this is the restaurant we ALWAYS make time for! Of course we get steak and it has always been a memorable evening. Lots of food, in fact we make sure we eat light all day in order to consume dinner. Love love loveSpecial Features:
- lesExposDined on 8/10/2014George's summer tomato salad was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Good, but too priceyarchieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We tried Chicago Prime on a recommendation. It was good, but not as good as the prices would suggest. For the same dollars, there are many other places I'd rather go.
- One of the better burb steakhousesformercityguyDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Chicago Prime and overall I was very happy with the experience. The food was very good and cooked properly and I felt like we were probably at one of the better steakhouses in the burbs. Ambiance was just so-so. Wasn't too loud or too quiet but I was surprised that the place wasn't packed for a Saturday night. No complaints in terms of getting a reservation! This is an expensive restaurant - look at the menu beforehand. But that aside, I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The appetizers, steaks, wine and sides were wonderful. Our waiter was great too! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday evening in the loungeJulieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We stopped in on a Friday evening to try some appetizers and wine in the lounge while listening to their entertainment. Michelle, our server, was awesome. We enjoyed the ambiance of the lounge and the entertainment. We'll be back again soon. Thanks Prime Steakhouse !!!!
- Great Ambiance, Great MusicLateDateDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I visited Chicago Prime to hear some live music after traveling and we're pleasantly surprise to find a welcoming staff, great live music and wonderful outdoor ambiance. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent choices of steaks and fish. Really always enjoy coming here for special occasions. George, the owner, always checks on the tables and makes sure that you have a wonderful meal and excellent service. Thanks!
- HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We ordered filets that were good. It came with a salad and that was all. Any sides were extra. I understand that the filets were a good cut of meat but a small salad was the only thing included. For the price, I felt a vegetable should have been included. The service was outstanding. My wife has food allergies and the waitress was on top of everything making sure she was safe.Special Features:
- food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The Host was delightful and even treated us to dessert.Special Features:
- out of towner from saint louis yummOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014food was fantastic ! a little expensive but when a steak is like this its worth it.Special Features:
- Great place to eatLucyFanDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. For our price range it's a "special occasion" restaurant. We really enjoyed being treated like royalty. The staff is on top of every detail. The owner came around and talked to every table. The decor is beautiful and elegant. It was our first visit but definitely not our last.Special Features:
- Fine "dining" in the truest sensegoodtasteforgoodtasteDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had never before been to this establishment. We were given gift cards as a wedding gift. Our experience was as pleasant as it can get and in our case, a dining event which we so much enjoyed discussing during the trip back home. The ambience, quality and flavor of the food and the service were truly an experience which would no less than equal or even possibly exceed that of much more renowned establishments. Although they are in the upper price category as we believe they should be for what they provide, to experience the exceptional quality of all is worth it. We highly recommend Chicago Prime Steakhouse to all and will do so with our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatsrc2loveDined on 7/25/2014Everything was great - we have already recommended this restaurant to one couple and to our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitFoodloverDined on 7/24/2014Filet was excellent. Waiter was helpful and friendly. Great music in the bar. Wished there had been more room to dance. Restaurant hard to see from road. In a strip mall behind a Subway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemKRAHDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant is set far back from the road behind an empty lot, it is a hidden gem. The food was fantastic, the waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine and menu and the restaurant is beautifully decorated and set up. Don't be fooled by the surrounding empty lot, this place is one of the best. The owner even came by to ask how our night was...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhostDined on 7/19/2014Chicago Prime reminds me of the "old fashion" Steak Houses. "Very classy". The steaks are always cooked perfect to your taste. The fish tastes like it was caught that day. The staff could not be more polite, and the owner comes around to make sure everything is as you expect it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakEatoutoftenVIPDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. An added touch was the beautiful voice of a singer in the bar area. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Great PlaceIdinealotVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have been to this fine establishment at least once a month for the last two years and they never fail to supply an outstanding dining experience. A well trained staff, a well trained kitchen and an owner who cares about every customer. Even the free valet attendant is outstanding. A wonderful find in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I enjoyed a romantic, quiet night out. Good food, pricey but tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent for OccassionsDannyDined on 7/6/2014I had a great time at my friend's birthday lunch, which I organized. I was able to easily arrange the gathering with online reservations and the cooks were expecting my request for a dessert to be brought out to my friend at the end. I liked the pre-meal explanation of steak cuts, a nice touch of elegance. The meal was pleasantly quiet, not surprisingly so since we did take advantage of the restaurants opening time of 3PM. A great experience I am looking forward to repeaing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!MikeKVIPDined on 7/5/2014A very good visit. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and truly enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTJCvilleDined on 7/5/2014We had a great experience. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable of the menu, and steered us towards some tasty items. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSunshineDined on 7/3/2014Steaks are absolutely wonderful. They melt in your mouth. Service was terrific, waiter was very attentive. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great experienceAxxxDined on 7/2/2014We love the entire experience at Chicago Prime, we've been there several times, each time for dinner. This time we went earlier and were delighted to find that between 3-6 each day there are half-price appetizers in the lounge! Awesome! We will continue celebrating special events at Chicago Prime, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- SteakMaryconDined on 6/28/2014Steak was a little too charbroiled on the outside. Otherwise meal was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4happycustomersDined on 6/25/2014Great food and service. Our waiter was exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We were celebrating our 48th wedding anniiversary, Tony our server was outstanding. The food also was the best, we have been here beffore and would come again.Special Features: