Chicago Prime Italian
1370 Bank Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chicago Prime Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimeitalian.com/
- Phone: 8472401414
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site is available. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call 847-240-1414
- Private Party Facilities: The elegant décor of multiple dining rooms provides a warm and inviting atmosphere and the perfect backdrop for Chicago Prime Italian's celebrated cuisine. Extensive lunch and dinner menus feature fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and generous portions of our renowned house made pastas.
- Private Party Contact: Phyllis DeGeorge 7733259700
- Special Events: Please contact Lisa at www.chicagoprimeitalian.com for info on private/special events. Or call 847-240-1414.
A word from Chicago Prime Italian
Chicago Prime Italian brings a taste of Little Italy to the heart of the Northwest suburbs. The restaurant’s elegant décor captures Chicago Prime's rich history and presents the perfect backdrop for its celebrated Italian cuisine. Multiple dining rooms provide a warm and inviting atmosphere from oversized windows framed by lush curtains, hard word floors, a cozy fireplace in one of two private dining rooms and a magnificent chandelier in the main dining room, each space has its own unique character. The extensive lunch and dinner menus feature the most beloved, best selling dishes including fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and of course generous portions of renowned house made pastas. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Join Chicago Prime Italian to celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicago Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)good for groups (50)great for lunch (42)great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (35)romantic (29)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never go backluvgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014The service was absolutely terrible. We had a party of 7 people. We had to ask for someone to come clear are dirty dishes. The waitress was terrible. The manager could see we were all disgusted and came over to ask. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not return. Unfortunatly it was my mom's 80th bday that we were celebrating and the experience of the restaurant put a damper on the evening.
- Wow! Huge portions!MomoSan309Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I stopped in midweek for lunch. There was a fantastic lunch buffet at a very reasonable price of $15 for several appetizer, entrees, veggies AND dessert. We opted to order off the menu. The veal parmesan lunch was so large and included pasta. We took home two containers and had lunch for the next day. We tried the cheesecake and cannoli for dessert. The cannoli was delicious. The cheesecake was not your typical cream cheese recipe, rather it seemed to be made of a sweetened ricotta cheese. Being a NY dense cheesecake lover it didn't hit the mark for us. But to it's credit... it was a good light version! Service here can be hit or miss. I've had a very good server and a "meh" server at different visits.Special Features:
- Buffet is a Good ValueHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my 3rd visit and every time the items on the buffet have varied. They always have fruit and caprese salad but the main courses have differed. My husband said the ribs were delicious. I had the Caprese Flatbread Sandwich which was good, and too large to eat in one sitting. Our friend had the Flatbread with Tomatoes & Cheese and said is was excellent as well. It is hard to beat a $15 lunch that includes a beverage and dessert!Special Features:
- You will love this restaurantLunchDined on 9/11/2014Been here for lunch several times and can only say the the food, service , location are great. Great interioro area and the bar area is very inviting with rich warm woods. Great place to try and enjoy your favorite Italian specialities. Desserts are very good too.Special Features:
- soup was awesomeally17Dined on 9/10/2014Yes, it was the eggplant soup. it was amazing. our bartender, L, recommened it and she was absolutely right. crabcakes sandwich was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsDavecamaroDined on 9/10/2014Dined there for lunch recently and had the chicken prosciutto. Delicious only complaint were the noodles were a bit too al dente. Looking forward to exploring their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!SignoDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent, service was great, would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Had a good lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Stopped in for lunch and had a very good overall experience. The service was quick and friendly. I wanted a fairly light lunch and had a great seafood fish salad. Will most surely be going back for lunch and dinner at some point. The service and food were both better than expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchlunchismygameDined on 9/4/2014Haven't been for dinner, but if it is as good as lunch was, that's great. Good service and broad menu.Special Features:
- Eggplant Salad was ExceptionalHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/4/2014I love Eggplant-and I know not everyone does! However, I recommend you try their Eggplant Salad. It looks like a BLT, but instead of bread, they use thinly sliced fried Eggplant, along with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and arugula-what a divine combination! I was told that the Blackened Chicken Caesar salad was just OK so I guess I picked the right item to order for lunch.Special Features:
- terrificJimschoicesDined on 9/4/2014Raised in an Italian household, I am critical of most Italian restaurants not really filling the bill. I now have a new lunch favorite ! ( I haven't had the chance to try dinner yet ) The service was friendly and efficient. I tried the lunch buffet.....each item I tried was so tasteful and perfectly prepared. I will return...again , and again.Special Features:
- Buffet lunchBuffetDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our lunch. The food was very tasty but because we came in after 1pm the buffet was not hot. It was only Luke warm, other than that, it was very good. Buffet is a good idea for neighboring working people because their lunch time is limited. Will definitely go back again.buffetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience...FrekyjineJuneCleaverDined on 8/30/2014Went to Chicago Prime Italian for the first time though I've been to Chicago Prime a few times. It did not disappoint. Went with a small group for an intimate birthday dinner. The owner is onsite and a huge presence which results in superb service. Good selection on the menu - steaks, pasta and seafood. Everyone in my group raved about their food. Would highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeally17Dined on 8/29/2014I love the buffet. We had it twice and I love the pasta both times. I wanted to try the portabella sandwich but can't seen to move away from the buffet. Also I don't really life raw tomatoes but a few weeks ago I tried the tomatoes,red onion and cheese salad. It was so good I've actually went back for more tomatoes salad. I still don't really like tomatoes.Special Features:
- Great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014I haven't been here for dinner, but the lunch is fantastic. They just started having a $15 lunch buffet that is worth every penny! Always a nice selection of entrees and there is always fried calamari on the buffet which is DELISH (and my favorite)! The outdoor patio is nice too. Staff is always friendly. You can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnogieSnogieDined on 8/23/2014It was really great. I took two friends for on a Saturday night. They had never been there before and really loved food and the service. Also the bar and entertainmnet. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLunchDined on 8/21/2014Very nice selection of lunch specials. We opted for something new which is the lunch time buffet. Great selections of appetizers, fish, chicken, pastas, veggies which were green beans done perfectly, and great desserts. Always replenished. Would go back again.Special Features:
- I was underwhelmedHappyCamperVIPDined on 8/19/2014I had high hopes but found the food lacking-nothing great. In their defense, we had the buffet, but still the most outstanding thing was the caprese salad. I think Chicago Prime is terrific but Chicago Prime Italian needs to step up their game to compete with Wildfire (right next door).Special Features:
- I make better spagetti & meatballsjanskiDined on 8/17/2014The other couple that we were with ordered spagetti & meatballs. I tasted one of the meatballs & it tasted like sawdust! Since my friend & I are of Italian descent we are a little critical on meatballs. I thought the shrimp dejonge was a little pricey for six shrimps. I wouldn't say that they have authentic Italian food. The service was attentive. I have been to Chicago Prime & I was happy with their food. For Italian food, I got to say I was a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningkristibDined on 8/17/2014We went to celebrate my son's 18th birthday and had a wonderful time! The eggplant salad was awesome and the desserts were amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerBobbieVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ate there last Saturday night. The warm, crunchy bread with oil was a wonderful way to start the meal. I had salmon Vesuvio which was very flavorful. My husband had the combo dish of chicken parmiagna, eggplant and sausage. He thought it was good, but would probably not order it again. The minestrone soup was very spicy. We would recommend this restaurant to ur friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseGreatDined on 8/16/2014I liked the food and the service. I would have liked to see more vegetarian variety. The manager stopped by our table and bought us drinks. I really appreciated that. He said next time I come, he can have something else made for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014sad to say, we won't be returning. We ate at the old Italian establishment that was at this location, and thought it worth a shot to try the new owners. WE love Chicago Prime Steakhouse-so how could we go wrong, right? The food was not up to the standards of this name. If compared to fast food, sure this was better. But at this price level, the food needed help. I had veal parm, and the veal breading was not crisp but mushy and covered in too much cheese. I was not impressed with the sauces. Now the service was excellent. Maybe if they revamp a few recipes, all will be fine.
- Wonderful ExperienceDinerDined on 8/9/2014We were here on Saturday night. Food was delicious. We both had the veal and it was the best veal we ever had. Great atmosphere our waiter was very professional and attentive and impeccable. We will definitely be back. Best restaurant in the Schaumburg area !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the beautiful patio on a Saturday evening. Our server was Marco, and he was excellent - very personable and made great recommendations. The wine list is well thought-out, with good wines in every price range. I had the salmon, my husband ordered the walleye pike, and we thought both entrees were delicious. Portion sizes were very generous, and soup or salad are included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions are gigantic!Rista1313Dined on 8/8/2014Went here with a group as a last minute decision and we were able to get in no problem. The food was really good and the portions were GIGANTIC! Our waitress was great handling the big group of 10-12 and I didn't have any complaints. I did find the loud karaoke bar singing to be strange for a nice romantic restaurant though. Not bad (thank goodness) just louder than one would expect at a nice italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service...hungryDined on 8/6/2014But lacked any ambiance. My wife and I went for our anniversary but it was way too loud to carry on a normal conversation. Our waitress was awesome and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll returnSandim25VIPDined on 8/3/2014This was a first visit for most. Everything was pretty good but needs some tweaks to be great. They have a patio, our favorite for summer dining. We'll give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service, Just Too Loud!LSidDined on 7/26/2014Really good food. The service is excellent. Would highly recommend if I was able to hear the person talking to me across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slower service...NicknameDined on 7/26/2014Great portions of food. Server should bring chees out with meal, instead of asking you then having to come back. Had to ask 3 times for the cheese. The who said he would come back with it, never did. Loud in there. Maybe they can hang some noise dampening curtains in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian footseasoneddinersDined on 7/26/2014Would definitely go back for the great Italian dishes. Our appetizer, salads and entrees were served much too fast. Would return for the food but definitely would let our waiter know next time that we don't want to be in and out within 45 minutes.Special Features:
- Awsome!ChicagoPrimeFanDined on 7/26/2014First time here and was thoroughly pleased to see that the food and service was Awesome. It is nice to see that A.J. has continued to provide the same level of service that goes with the Chicago Prime name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerIcemanDined on 7/23/2014Great service ! Food was great also! Our only complaint was the loud music from the bar made business chat a problem. It was too loud! Other than that it was very nice.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDavidandPattiVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I recently returned to the Chicago Prime Italian restaurant and they continue to refine and perfect their operation. Great food and great atmosphere combine for a very pleasurable dining experience. Our server was very attentive and the service overall was very efficient. I'd highly recommend this restaurant and we have definitely added it to our favorites list.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday DinnerMammoDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the food and had plenty of left overs to enjoy it again.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, great atmosphere,very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veal dishesfussyDined on 7/18/2014The waitress was excellent(party of ten). She was quick, friendly and attentive. Veal Parm, Veal Marsala was loaded with mushrooms, also the Filet was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experiencemillmeisterVIPDined on 7/16/2014A totally underwhelming experience. Food was not very good (less crab than filler in the crab cake special), dry lasagna with no sauce and not edible, service that was erratic. Noise level quite high for such a somber interior. Will not go back.
- Still Very Good!DemetriVIPDined on 7/16/2014Changed hands, but did not change the atmosphere, or the food. Almost the same menu as before (Rosebud Old World Italian), at higher prices, but you get a cup of soup or side salad now. The on-line menu on OpenTable needs to be updated. The portions are large, the taste is bold, the wine selection is great.Special Features:
- wonderfulalwaysabouthefoodDined on 7/15/2014Celebrated friend' s birthday...her comments were wonderful, good food, good wine. We always enjoy the eggplant saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.