Chicago Prime Italian
1370 Bank Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chicago Prime Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimeitalian.com/
- Phone: 8472401414x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am - 10pm
Friday - 11am - 11pm
Saturday - 3pm - 11pm
Sunday - 3pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Javiel Villalobos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site is available. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call 847-240-1414
- Private Party Facilities: The elegant décor of multiple dining rooms provides a warm and inviting atmosphere and the perfect backdrop for Chicago Prime Italian's celebrated cuisine. Extensive lunch and dinner menus feature fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and generous portions of our renowned house made pastas.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Popnick 847-240-1414x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Tuesday Through Saturday in the lounge starting at 7pm till late.
- Special Events: Please contact Katie at www.chicagoprimeitalian.com for info on private/special events. Or call 847-240-1414.
A word from Chicago Prime Italian
Chicago Prime Italian brings a taste of Little Italy to the heart of the Northwest suburbs. The restaurant’s elegant décor captures Chicago Prime's rich history and presents the perfect backdrop for its celebrated Italian cuisine. Multiple dining rooms provide a warm and inviting atmosphere from oversized windows framed by lush curtains, hard word floors, a cozy fireplace in one of two private dining rooms and a magnificent chandelier in the main dining room, each space has its own unique character. The extensive lunch and dinner menus feature the most beloved, best selling dishes including fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and of course generous portions of renowned house made pastas. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Join Chicago Prime Italian to celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Chicago Prime Italian - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Chicago Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)good for groups (50)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (33)romantic (30)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great foodVitsDined on 10/18/2014Our reservations with open table was for 7:45 and we didn't get seated till 8:20 so a little disappointed, the food was great, very tasty, presented well and large portions. The service was just ok, our waitress seemed a little overwhelmed due to being very busy but she was nice. I would recommend this restaurant, even the bar had good live entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A satisfying eveningPhoodieDined on 10/18/2014When we first approached, the lot was full so we decided to valet. Once inside, it still felt like Rosebud and we stood waiting for a time due to delays in sitting other patrons. Overall, we only had to wait 3-4 minutes past our reservation time. (which we were okay with) After that, it was all smooth sailing. Service was outstanding. Our waitress was very pleasant as well as helpful. I enjoyed a huge Portobello mushroom strip steak and my significant other Rigatoni with vodka sauce. Not the best but very good nonetheless. Portions are fairly large so you may end up taking some home with you. I came away feeling satisfied and full. Another successful dining experience and we recommend Chicago Prime Italian to othersSpecial Features:
- Buffet was AWESOME!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/17/2014Usually I am not impressed with a buffet but this one was really good. The Caprese Salad was great, as were the Calamari, Chicken, Salmon and Sausage & Peppers. The pasta (rigatoni with Alfredo sauce) was a little dried out but otherwise, everything was really good, and fresh (the chef kept coming out to refill the trays). The restaurant is still not very busy so I hope it picks up and stays in business!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was wonderful and very large portions..enough to share or lunch the next day...a little noisy,maybe because there were many small children there on Saturday ..a very good value ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Prime ItalianIlovefoodDined on 10/10/2014I loved the ambiance and the service was great! All four of us had delicious meals, great portion sizes! The pork chop entree was incredible! We went on a Friday evening and there was a singer in the bar, he had a great voice, only bummer was it was a bit difficult to carry on conversations. If we knew he was going to be singing we would have sat farther away from the bar. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggplant Parmesan Rocks!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/8/2014I love Eggplant and rarely make it at home so I always order it out! The Eggplant Parmesan is really good (but I still like their Eggplant Salad even better!) The portions are huge so I always have leftovers to take home.Special Features:
- Delicious ItalianGomezDined on 10/6/2014Same tasty food I remember when it was ROSEBUD..... Happy for that. Took one star away because the prices have gone up considerably, making it a 'special occassion' spot ONLY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're in townSandim25VIPDined on 10/5/2014Love the patio when the weather allows it. Eggplant parm was good, but I did bump up the sauce a bit by ordering it "arrabiata" style (spicy marinara). Nice crispy bread for dunking. Two cannoli on the dessert plate was a pleasant surprise.Nice and fresh and perfect for sharing. Our third visit, and we will return.Special Features:
- lisajoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Their lunch buffet is excellent. For $15 you get quite the variety. Everything is fresh.Special Features:
- Best Service In TownDaveKDined on 10/2/2014This place is a gem! I had a birthday party at Chicago Prime Italian and have been here before for business lunch and dinners. Simply the best place to go.Special Features:
- Great dining spotLunchDined on 9/30/2014Lunch buffet s excellent, great selection of food. Calamari is excellent. Chicken and fish selections are very good.Special Features:
- food a bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014had the eggplant parm- it came out luke warm - I happen to like my food hot. Service was quite spotty- we had to wait about 20 minutes for 2nd glass of wine and then she never came back to ask again... she could have sold a lot more to our table!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Portions were huge.... Food was delicious.... Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant on Meacham rdLunchDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful decor only outdone by the great food selection. Chicken Marsala was excellent.Special Features:
- Felt like I was eating Noodles & CoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Food was terrible. Meatballs over cooked, everything was very salty and bland. I would expect the same out of Noodles and Co.
- A very good luncheon buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Normally don't do a buffet for lunch, but this had it allo, whether you wanted a lighter salad or a more hearty meal. Many choices, Salmon, Pasta, chicken, beef tips, and salad choices. The calamari was very good! Would certainly return for an off the menu selection, or the excellent buffet! Service was very good as wellSpecial Features:
- Great foodTrainerTVIPDined on 9/16/2014I loved the lunch buffet. The pot roast was incredible. Bruschetta was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go backluvgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014The service was absolutely terrible. We had a party of 7 people. We had to ask for someone to come clear are dirty dishes. The waitress was terrible. The manager could see we were all disgusted and came over to ask. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not return. Unfortunatly it was my mom's 80th bday that we were celebrating and the experience of the restaurant put a damper on the evening.
- Wow! Huge portions!MomoSan309Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I stopped in midweek for lunch. There was a fantastic lunch buffet at a very reasonable price of $15 for several appetizer, entrees, veggies AND dessert. We opted to order off the menu. The veal parmesan lunch was so large and included pasta. We took home two containers and had lunch for the next day. We tried the cheesecake and cannoli for dessert. The cannoli was delicious. The cheesecake was not your typical cream cheese recipe, rather it seemed to be made of a sweetened ricotta cheese. Being a NY dense cheesecake lover it didn't hit the mark for us. But to it's credit... it was a good light version! Service here can be hit or miss. I've had a very good server and a "meh" server at different visits.Special Features:
- Buffet is a Good ValueHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my 3rd visit and every time the items on the buffet have varied. They always have fruit and caprese salad but the main courses have differed. My husband said the ribs were delicious. I had the Caprese Flatbread Sandwich which was good, and too large to eat in one sitting. Our friend had the Flatbread with Tomatoes & Cheese and said is was excellent as well. It is hard to beat a $15 lunch that includes a beverage and dessert!Special Features:
- You will love this restaurantLunchDined on 9/11/2014Been here for lunch several times and can only say the the food, service , location are great. Great interioro area and the bar area is very inviting with rich warm woods. Great place to try and enjoy your favorite Italian specialities. Desserts are very good too.Special Features:
- soup was awesomeally17VIPDined on 9/10/2014Yes, it was the eggplant soup. it was amazing. our bartender, L, recommened it and she was absolutely right. crabcakes sandwich was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsDavecamaroDined on 9/10/2014Dined there for lunch recently and had the chicken prosciutto. Delicious only complaint were the noodles were a bit too al dente. Looking forward to exploring their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!SignoDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent, service was great, would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Had a good lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Stopped in for lunch and had a very good overall experience. The service was quick and friendly. I wanted a fairly light lunch and had a great seafood fish salad. Will most surely be going back for lunch and dinner at some point. The service and food were both better than expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchlunchismygameDined on 9/4/2014Haven't been for dinner, but if it is as good as lunch was, that's great. Good service and broad menu.Special Features:
- Eggplant Salad was ExceptionalHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/4/2014I love Eggplant-and I know not everyone does! However, I recommend you try their Eggplant Salad. It looks like a BLT, but instead of bread, they use thinly sliced fried Eggplant, along with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and arugula-what a divine combination! I was told that the Blackened Chicken Caesar salad was just OK so I guess I picked the right item to order for lunch.Special Features:
- terrificJimschoicesDined on 9/4/2014Raised in an Italian household, I am critical of most Italian restaurants not really filling the bill. I now have a new lunch favorite ! ( I haven't had the chance to try dinner yet ) The service was friendly and efficient. I tried the lunch buffet.....each item I tried was so tasteful and perfectly prepared. I will return...again , and again.Special Features:
- Buffet lunchBuffetDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our lunch. The food was very tasty but because we came in after 1pm the buffet was not hot. It was only Luke warm, other than that, it was very good. Buffet is a good idea for neighboring working people because their lunch time is limited. Will definitely go back again.buffetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience...FrekyjineJuneCleaverDined on 8/30/2014Went to Chicago Prime Italian for the first time though I've been to Chicago Prime a few times. It did not disappoint. Went with a small group for an intimate birthday dinner. The owner is onsite and a huge presence which results in superb service. Good selection on the menu - steaks, pasta and seafood. Everyone in my group raved about their food. Would highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeally17VIPDined on 8/29/2014I love the buffet. We had it twice and I love the pasta both times. I wanted to try the portabella sandwich but can't seen to move away from the buffet. Also I don't really life raw tomatoes but a few weeks ago I tried the tomatoes,red onion and cheese salad. It was so good I've actually went back for more tomatoes salad. I still don't really like tomatoes.Special Features:
- Great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014I haven't been here for dinner, but the lunch is fantastic. They just started having a $15 lunch buffet that is worth every penny! Always a nice selection of entrees and there is always fried calamari on the buffet which is DELISH (and my favorite)! The outdoor patio is nice too. Staff is always friendly. You can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnogieSnogieDined on 8/23/2014It was really great. I took two friends for on a Saturday night. They had never been there before and really loved food and the service. Also the bar and entertainmnet. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLunchDined on 8/21/2014Very nice selection of lunch specials. We opted for something new which is the lunch time buffet. Great selections of appetizers, fish, chicken, pastas, veggies which were green beans done perfectly, and great desserts. Always replenished. Would go back again.Special Features:
- I was underwhelmedHappyCamperVIPDined on 8/19/2014I had high hopes but found the food lacking-nothing great. In their defense, we had the buffet, but still the most outstanding thing was the caprese salad. I think Chicago Prime is terrific but Chicago Prime Italian needs to step up their game to compete with Wildfire (right next door).Special Features:
- I make better spagetti & meatballsjanskiDined on 8/17/2014The other couple that we were with ordered spagetti & meatballs. I tasted one of the meatballs & it tasted like sawdust! Since my friend & I are of Italian descent we are a little critical on meatballs. I thought the shrimp dejonge was a little pricey for six shrimps. I wouldn't say that they have authentic Italian food. The service was attentive. I have been to Chicago Prime & I was happy with their food. For Italian food, I got to say I was a little disappointed.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningkristibDined on 8/17/2014We went to celebrate my son's 18th birthday and had a wonderful time! The eggplant salad was awesome and the desserts were amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerBobbieVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ate there last Saturday night. The warm, crunchy bread with oil was a wonderful way to start the meal. I had salmon Vesuvio which was very flavorful. My husband had the combo dish of chicken parmiagna, eggplant and sausage. He thought it was good, but would probably not order it again. The minestrone soup was very spicy. We would recommend this restaurant to ur friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseGreatDined on 8/16/2014I liked the food and the service. I would have liked to see more vegetarian variety. The manager stopped by our table and bought us drinks. I really appreciated that. He said next time I come, he can have something else made for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one time eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014sad to say, we won't be returning. We ate at the old Italian establishment that was at this location, and thought it worth a shot to try the new owners. WE love Chicago Prime Steakhouse-so how could we go wrong, right? The food was not up to the standards of this name. If compared to fast food, sure this was better. But at this price level, the food needed help. I had veal parm, and the veal breading was not crisp but mushy and covered in too much cheese. I was not impressed with the sauces. Now the service was excellent. Maybe if they revamp a few recipes, all will be fine.