Chicago Prime Italian
1370 Bank Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chicago Prime Italian
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chicagoprimeitalian.com/
- Phone: (847) 240-1414
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am - 10pm
Friday - 11am - 11pm
Saturday - 3pm - 11pm
Sunday - 3pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Javiel Villalobos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site and off-site is available. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call 847-240-1414
- Private Party Facilities: The elegant décor of multiple dining rooms provides a warm and inviting atmosphere and the perfect backdrop for Chicago Prime Italian's celebrated cuisine. Extensive lunch and dinner menus feature fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and generous portions of our renowned house made pastas.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Popnick 847-240-1414x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Tuesday Through Saturday in the lounge starting at 7pm till late.
- Special Events: Please contact Katie at www.chicagoprimeitalian.com for info on private/special events. Or call 847-240-1414.
A word from Chicago Prime Italian
Chicago Prime Italian brings a taste of Little Italy to the heart of the Northwest suburbs. The restaurant’s elegant décor captures Chicago Prime's rich history and presents the perfect backdrop for its celebrated Italian cuisine. Multiple dining rooms provide a warm and inviting atmosphere from oversized windows framed by lush curtains, hard word floors, a cozy fireplace in one of two private dining rooms and a magnificent chandelier in the main dining room, each space has its own unique character. The extensive lunch and dinner menus feature the most beloved, best selling dishes including fresh salads, thin crust pizzas, seafood, chops, and of course generous portions of renowned house made pastas. Charming and fast paced by day, elegant and relaxing by night. Join Chicago Prime Italian to celebrate a special occasion or escape for a quick bite with colleagues at lunch time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Chicago Prime Italian - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Chicago Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)great for lunch (55)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (33)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great food but loudDinerBDined on 11/22/2014We were a party of 4. The food was very good but the noise level was so loud it was difficult to hear our conversation. We will be going back but maybe not a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisajoVIPDined on 11/21/2014We really enjoy coming here for lunch ever since my husband won the free lunch in August!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great daily buffet with really good dishes to select from - pasta, chicken, fish and even dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place if you are over 65SeaBassFanDined on 11/15/2014Food was served hot and promptly. Staff was friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was nice. Rooms did not reflect sound so you could enjoy your table's conversation and not hear everyone else's. Cons were average age was older than expected. Our server interrupted our conservation often also failed to accurately give us a price on the off menu items. Overall the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!blingthingDined on 11/8/2014Impeccable service, great food, good variety, great wine, attentive owner and manager. A delightful evening!! Thank you for helping us celebrate my birthday in style!Special Features:
- Nothing Particularly SpecialclassierthanyelpDined on 11/8/2014The place is clean, the ambiance is nice the decor is elegant. The chairs and seating are the most comfortable I've ever been in in a restaurant. Menu seems limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageTseyfarthDined on 11/7/2014This is a super average restaurant and the wine list is pretty slim. The eggplant salad sounds so much better than it actually tastes. The entrees were much more flavorful.Special Features:
- Date nightZackDined on 11/7/2014Service and food were great, our waitress checked up on us often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Food and Bad ServiceFoodloverDined on 11/7/2014Shrimp Risotto was terrible. It could not get any worse - lumpy mess. I had one bite but paid for dish of course. Baked Salmon was not adequately cooked. In general the quality of food was best average.
- Chicago Prime Italianroaddnr1Dined on 11/4/2014Food was very good and the Service was outstanding. Server was prompt and made good suggestions. Portions were large so, Family style would work for most people. Singer in the Bar was a little loud but, other than that, a good place to get an Italian meal.Special Features:
- Loved the Mac and Cheese Potatoesally17VIPDined on 11/4/2014I was surprised to find this on the menu. It was so good I went back for more... and even once more. I love the fact that they have the signs now telling us what each b buffet item is. I love this buffetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service not so goodLisaVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was great, service was too much. I found the waiter annoying. The noise level is way too loud. I could not hear my guests at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were there on a Saturday evening. It was very loud to the point where we could not hear people in our party speaking. Also, we were a party of 6. The management set up a large round table for us which was next to the kitchen. However, all the other tables in the restaurant were square. I believe they just set the table there to accommodate our party. The food was good...large portions. We had a very friendly waitress. I highly doubt we would go back.
- Nicsh!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014As my friends father would say. Good food. Good service. First time in since this place changed hands. Still the same manager and some of the staff. Good, priced right, convenient.Special Features:
- SnogieSnogieDined on 10/25/2014It is always a great place for food and entertainment. Very friendly and always make you feel welcome and part of the family. Great place for food and all occasions. Thanks for a great place.Special Features:
- DaveKDaveKVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food was average - expected higher quality - portion size is above average and had to take home food! Noisy - did not like the singer at the bar - too loud and not a good entertainer on Friday. Service was average - manager did come around twice to check on us and was friendly. I just did not like the ambiance due to high noise level in the dining areas and Bar.
- Should Have Had the Eggplant Salad!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/23/2014I have had the Eggplant salad before so I thought I would try the Beef Carpacio salad instead. It was good, but the Eggplant salad is still my all-time favorite! I recommend everyone try it at least once (even if you aren't a huge Eggplant fan). I think you may become a convert.Special Features:
- Come for lunchLunchDined on 10/22/2014Outstanding fish and chicken dishes on the buffet. Can't bet the quality of food and great value.Special Features:
- Great foodVitsDined on 10/18/2014Our reservations with open table was for 7:45 and we didn't get seated till 8:20 so a little disappointed, the food was great, very tasty, presented well and large portions. The service was just ok, our waitress seemed a little overwhelmed due to being very busy but she was nice. I would recommend this restaurant, even the bar had good live entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A satisfying eveningPhoodieDined on 10/18/2014When we first approached, the lot was full so we decided to valet. Once inside, it still felt like Rosebud and we stood waiting for a time due to delays in sitting other patrons. Overall, we only had to wait 3-4 minutes past our reservation time. (which we were okay with) After that, it was all smooth sailing. Service was outstanding. Our waitress was very pleasant as well as helpful. I enjoyed a huge Portobello mushroom strip steak and my significant other Rigatoni with vodka sauce. Not the best but very good nonetheless. Portions are fairly large so you may end up taking some home with you. I came away feeling satisfied and full. Another successful dining experience and we recommend Chicago Prime Italian to othersSpecial Features:
- Buffet was AWESOME!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/17/2014Usually I am not impressed with a buffet but this one was really good. The Caprese Salad was great, as were the Calamari, Chicken, Salmon and Sausage & Peppers. The pasta (rigatoni with Alfredo sauce) was a little dried out but otherwise, everything was really good, and fresh (the chef kept coming out to refill the trays). The restaurant is still not very busy so I hope it picks up and stays in business!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was wonderful and very large portions..enough to share or lunch the next day...a little noisy,maybe because there were many small children there on Saturday ..a very good value ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Prime ItalianIlovefoodDined on 10/10/2014I loved the ambiance and the service was great! All four of us had delicious meals, great portion sizes! The pork chop entree was incredible! We went on a Friday evening and there was a singer in the bar, he had a great voice, only bummer was it was a bit difficult to carry on conversations. If we knew he was going to be singing we would have sat farther away from the bar. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggplant Parmesan Rocks!HappyCamperVIPDined on 10/8/2014I love Eggplant and rarely make it at home so I always order it out! The Eggplant Parmesan is really good (but I still like their Eggplant Salad even better!) The portions are huge so I always have leftovers to take home.Special Features:
- Delicious ItalianGomezDined on 10/6/2014Same tasty food I remember when it was ROSEBUD..... Happy for that. Took one star away because the prices have gone up considerably, making it a 'special occassion' spot ONLY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're in townSandim25VIPDined on 10/5/2014Love the patio when the weather allows it. Eggplant parm was good, but I did bump up the sauce a bit by ordering it "arrabiata" style (spicy marinara). Nice crispy bread for dunking. Two cannoli on the dessert plate was a pleasant surprise.Nice and fresh and perfect for sharing. Our third visit, and we will return.Special Features:
- lisajoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Their lunch buffet is excellent. For $15 you get quite the variety. Everything is fresh.Special Features:
- Best Service In TownDaveKDined on 10/2/2014This place is a gem! I had a birthday party at Chicago Prime Italian and have been here before for business lunch and dinners. Simply the best place to go.Special Features:
- Great dining spotLunchDined on 9/30/2014Lunch buffet s excellent, great selection of food. Calamari is excellent. Chicken and fish selections are very good.Special Features:
- food a bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014had the eggplant parm- it came out luke warm - I happen to like my food hot. Service was quite spotty- we had to wait about 20 minutes for 2nd glass of wine and then she never came back to ask again... she could have sold a lot more to our table!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Portions were huge.... Food was delicious.... Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant on Meacham rdLunchDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful decor only outdone by the great food selection. Chicken Marsala was excellent.Special Features:
- Felt like I was eating Noodles & CoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Food was terrible. Meatballs over cooked, everything was very salty and bland. I would expect the same out of Noodles and Co.
- A very good luncheon buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Normally don't do a buffet for lunch, but this had it allo, whether you wanted a lighter salad or a more hearty meal. Many choices, Salmon, Pasta, chicken, beef tips, and salad choices. The calamari was very good! Would certainly return for an off the menu selection, or the excellent buffet! Service was very good as wellSpecial Features:
- Great foodTrainerTVIPDined on 9/16/2014I loved the lunch buffet. The pot roast was incredible. Bruschetta was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go backluvgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014The service was absolutely terrible. We had a party of 7 people. We had to ask for someone to come clear are dirty dishes. The waitress was terrible. The manager could see we were all disgusted and came over to ask. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not return. Unfortunatly it was my mom's 80th bday that we were celebrating and the experience of the restaurant put a damper on the evening.
- Wow! Huge portions!MomoSan309Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I stopped in midweek for lunch. There was a fantastic lunch buffet at a very reasonable price of $15 for several appetizer, entrees, veggies AND dessert. We opted to order off the menu. The veal parmesan lunch was so large and included pasta. We took home two containers and had lunch for the next day. We tried the cheesecake and cannoli for dessert. The cannoli was delicious. The cheesecake was not your typical cream cheese recipe, rather it seemed to be made of a sweetened ricotta cheese. Being a NY dense cheesecake lover it didn't hit the mark for us. But to it's credit... it was a good light version! Service here can be hit or miss. I've had a very good server and a "meh" server at different visits.Special Features:
- Buffet is a Good ValueHappyCamperVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my 3rd visit and every time the items on the buffet have varied. They always have fruit and caprese salad but the main courses have differed. My husband said the ribs were delicious. I had the Caprese Flatbread Sandwich which was good, and too large to eat in one sitting. Our friend had the Flatbread with Tomatoes & Cheese and said is was excellent as well. It is hard to beat a $15 lunch that includes a beverage and dessert!Special Features:
- You will love this restaurantLunchDined on 9/11/2014Been here for lunch several times and can only say the the food, service , location are great. Great interioro area and the bar area is very inviting with rich warm woods. Great place to try and enjoy your favorite Italian specialities. Desserts are very good too.Special Features:
- soup was awesomeally17VIPDined on 9/10/2014Yes, it was the eggplant soup. it was amazing. our bartender, L, recommened it and she was absolutely right. crabcakes sandwich was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.