Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
1401 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chicagofirehouse.com/
- Phone: 3127861401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chicago Firehouse can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Entertainment: The Chicago Firehouse features the smooth sounds of Myles Hayes Jazz Trio every Thursday throughout the year. The Trio Takes over our stunning Patio in the summer. Come join us for dinner and a show!
- Special Events: Come join our Mainstay Rewards Program & earn points with every visit!
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: Michigan Avenue Bus - #4, #3, #1, #12
CTA Red Line Train, CTA Orange Line Train, CTA Green Line Train - Roosevelt stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available for $9.00. Metered street parking available. Parking lot available at 14th and Michigan for $7.00.
A word from Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
The Chicago Firehouse restaurant is in an attractive turn-of-the-century building that formerly housed the Chicago Fire Department and was completely remodeled in 1999. The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant retained its charm with original tin ceilings, fire-glazed walls and brass poles. Just as the setting pleases your eye, the American fare will tantalize your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)great for outdoor dining (79)neighborhood gem (78)romantic (71)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (17)late-night find (16)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014I had never been to the Firehouse, my husband had before. We had friends coming in for the weekend, and took them here. They loved it, we loved it! Enough said!!Special Features:
- Great food but LOUD!LippyLeeVIPDined on 10/14/2014I hadn't been to Chicago Firehouse in some time so it was great to return. I had forgotten how beautiful the interior is, and the service and food were as good as ever. What I had forgotten was how loud it is and difficult to have a conversation with anyone other than the person directly next to you. I had dinner with my parents and found I had to continually repeat myself so I don't think it was enjoyable for them.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!JuanPradaDined on 10/13/2014The place, the atmosphere, the service... You name it! If you're looking for the best meat cut, paired properly to the right wine, if you mind for royal-like service, search no more, TChFR is an oasis for sibarites. Don't look the prices, think in the glory! Even if you only have 9 dollars, get the lobster bisque (yes! As turf is glorious, surf is amazing!). Do you want a private service? At least three rooms and the Wine Cellar are available for you to nurture the beloved ones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy neighborNancyneighborDined on 10/12/2014The Firehouse is a hidden neighborhood gem. It's like a Cheers bar/restaurant with class. Food is over the top and all help is the best of the best!! I'm so happy it is in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find Close to McCormickN45STVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was recommended by a local, and it was a good choice for a dinner with colleagues. Food was fresh and good, varied menu, service was attentive. It is clearly a popular restaurant with a lot of regulars. Close to McCormick so ideal for after a convention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Very noisyChicagoDined on 10/8/2014Best chateaubriand ever. Veggies mediocre. Service over the top. But you none a bullhorn to talk to your neighborSpecial Features:
- Great FindPatceeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Found Chicago Firehouse on Open Table. Being from out of town was not aware of this restaurant. What a gem!! Will definitely dine there the next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:
- I still love this restaurantMoonRiver1VIPDined on 10/5/2014It seems like we only dine at The Chicago Firehouse every couple of years or so and then always ask ourselves, why we waited so long between visits. Predictably good food and service; a hidden gem of an outdoor patio (weather permitting of course) and an interesting ambience. There is generally a mix of business professionals and couples on date nights - there is appeal to both. The scallops are always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNAZFanDined on 10/4/2014Was looking forward to a quality experience and was sorely disappointed. The dining area was so cold it was hard to enjoy our meal. The food was ok and the service not what you'd expect at this price point. Bottom line, far better choices in the city.Special Features:
- consistancy is keydeliciousVIPDined on 10/3/2014great service. as usuall. helped make it a great brthday celebration.Special Features:
- Authentic Firehouse AtmospherePennsylvaniaGuestDined on 9/30/2014The food was outstanding. If you want a great experience and eat good food, this is a must stop.Special Features:
- ExcellentwboutDined on 9/28/2014The four of us had a great time. The food, service, and outdoor seating were all fantastic. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great place.BucaDined on 9/27/2014I travel often to different cities for work and always look forward to finding great local place to eat. Chicago Firehouse Restaurant has it all; great food, great service, great chefs, and a great place overall for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDateNightDined on 9/20/2014We were excited about our evening at the CFH, as we have fined here before. Unfortunately, our server was not as attentive to US as I would have liked. I order a glass of wine, it was a while before I received it and tables that arrived after us who ordered drinks received them before I got my glass of wine. We ordered the crab cake which was cold in the middle and riddled with shells. I ordered the salmon (yum) and the lobster mac and cheese, and green beans. My fiancé ordered a steak (he said yum). However, the whole real reason for our return was for the lobster mac n cheese which was COLD! We decided to send it back. It came back out hot but just didn't taste as good as before. There were shells in it as well. So overall disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was about my 5th visit to the Firehouse. Love the historic feel of the place. The food is excellent. The service is helpful without being overbearing. I've always enjoyed my visits to the Chicago Firehouse!Special Features:
- Lunch reviewutsa26VIPDined on 9/17/2014In an area that can be difficult to find good places to host clients for lunch, Chicago Firehouse stands out. Good value, good service, pleasant surroundings.Special Features:
- Love the bar dining areaRayUWSVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've never been disappointed with the food, service, wine selection, or ambiance here. It's a great use of an interesting space and always an enjoyable dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.. that's about itdanitreDined on 9/13/2014The food was really good, but the ambiance and service was just... meh. There was a tv playing college football, which just ruined my dinner. The waiter would disappear for long periods of time. He would only comeover to ask us if we wanted more cocktails and that's about it. We were finish eating and the plates litterally sat on the table for about 20 minutes before someone came to clear them. If you want to price your food comprable to somewhere like Gibson's then I suggest having service to go along with it.Special Features:
- It was decentBrokeLawStudentDined on 9/12/2014Neighborhood steak place. The bar is cool, the building has interesting history, and the food is decent but we weren't wowed by anything. Lobster mac and cheese wasn't as good as several other places in town, the steak was ok but undercooked a bit, dessert was nothing special, everything on the menu seemed very steakhouse classic. The sides were generous and tasty--I'd rather have those than their main courses!Special Features:
- SueToneDined on 9/10/2014Chicago Firehouse is consistently excellent, from its traditional, customer-focused waitstaff to its excellent quality food.Special Features:
- chateaubriand is excellentdisappointedDined on 9/10/2014we've been to this restaurant many times but this was our first taste of the delicious chateaubriand - truly excellent. we did not want to be seated in the bar area as it is quite noisy and Zach accommodated us and moved our group so we could conduct some business over dinner. I applaud the young guys who conceived this restaurant idea and likewise that they have kept their high standards of service and food despite becoming more and more popular.Special Features:
- A very nice evening!JeffDined on 9/8/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and a nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Chicago Firehouse SteakhouseSkripDiningExperienceDined on 9/8/2014The owners have done a great job of keeping the old charm mixed with modern style. The chateaubriand for two was out of this world and the black truffle complimented the flavor without taking away from an excellent cut of meat. My only concern to note was service was a little slow the evening that we dined at Chicago Firehouse Steakhouse. Don't miss the original ceilings and fire poles that remain in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbfromIndyBarbfromIndyDined on 9/6/2014Special restaurant. Menu choices excellent for upscale yet unique steakhouse. Meat and seafood selections from our four diners were all well prepared. House salad and blue cheese lettuce wedge were outstanding. Recommend lobster bisque and a la carte Asparagus. Impeccable service and non-intrusive! We enjoyed the structure and the ambiance immensely and appreciated the historic preservation of elements from its previous purpose as a firehouse. Plan to return on future Chicago visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great couples spotZchiguyDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service, outstanding men selection, nicely prepared and presented food, setting and environment out of the movies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceFlowershopgirl21Dined on 9/6/2014Second time celebrating a very special birthday at the Firehouse. The food was wonderful and the service absolutely excellent. That made us feel very special. Fast becoming our favorite!Special Features:
- Price is not RightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014This is the second time I have visited The Firehouse this summer. I was lucky to sit outside on the patio both times. The ambiance is very good but, the cost is not in line with the quantity or quality of the food. I ordered salmon and for $25 I got one piece of salmon. The salmon was good, but, not worth that price. With that said, the service is first rate.
- great outdoor - bad burgergoodscenebadburgerDined on 9/3/2014had a great date night. Lovely outdoor dining. Only issue. Both of our medium rare cheese burgers were raw. Sent them back to be remade. They cam out well done. Did not complain again. Maybe the second team was on. The calamari and onion rings were good enough. Of course, we are in high end catering, and they probably thought we just did not know the difference between raw and medium rare!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an extraordinary experience!ScrumptiousDined on 8/31/2014I truly look forward to fine dining again. My sister and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good, but...EmberDined on 8/31/2014I found the food very good; however, I didn't realized that everything would be ala carte. I would have rather of gone to a place that has the soup or salad; vegetable or potato included. I feel that the prices are pretty high, and more food should come with the meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSweet10Dined on 8/31/2014First off it is a quaint restaurant on 15th and Michigan Ave. The attire is is casual or dressy..your choice. The food was excellent. All servers were very nice. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed!AndreaDined on 8/29/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from The Chicago Firehouse and was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone from the hostess to the bus staff to our waiter was very pleasant, smiling & courteous. The food was beautifully presented & out of this world in taste. If you want an elegant dining experience & want to perhaps show your teen children what it means to dine in an upscale establishment, this is your opportunity. You will definitely not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A little pricey for what you getdinerinchicagoDined on 8/28/2014I've been to Chicago Firehouse at least three times over several years and it is fine. The food is fine, décor fine, service fine. Nothing particularly good about it but nothing is way off eitherSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Service was great !!! Took my client, my boss (Sr. VP) and my team and could not have chosen a better place. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Nice decoration and lighting for calm dinner and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DaypickyeaterDined on 8/24/2014The weather was perfect to sit outside, and the service was good. Went there with two friends for brunch. the food was good, nothing special or outstanding. would recommend the brunchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful and experienced service.JFW2Dined on 8/23/2014Along with masterfully prepared meals. What a jewel this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!LizzyDined on 8/23/2014The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant was an amazing experience!! Great place for special occasions or just delicious food!! Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerbigandlittleDined on 8/18/2014I celebrated my Birthday at the restaurant along with my parents and my Boyfriend it was my first time, We sat on the patio and the ambiance outside is really nice and the whole restaurant is also great. Our server Niko was very friendly and accommodating. We ordered calamari, crab cakes and grilled octopus to start and I had a New York strip steak. The only thing that I didn't like was the food was a little bland on the steak and octopus I wish they could've added more flavoring to it. Regardless of the food overall, I had a great experience because of the great customer service that our server Niko gave us. I asked for Salt and Pepper and Steak Sauce he gave it right away and he recommended a nice wine for me. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- tourist with young daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Best Kalamari I have ever had. Entree is ala carte but the sides are more reasonably priced than similar steakhouses and just as good. I would go again.Special Features: