Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
1401 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chicagofirehouse.com/
- Phone: (312) 786-1401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chicago Firehouse can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Entertainment: The Chicago Firehouse features the smooth sounds of Myles Hayes Jazz Trio every Thursday throughout the year. The Trio Takes over our stunning Patio in the summer. Come join us for dinner and a show!
- Special Events: Come join our Mainstay Rewards Program & earn points with every visit!
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: Michigan Avenue Bus - #4, #3, #1, #12
CTA Red Line Train, CTA Orange Line Train, CTA Green Line Train - Roosevelt stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available for $9.00. Metered street parking available. Parking lot available at 14th and Michigan for $7.00.
A word from Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
The Chicago Firehouse restaurant is in an attractive turn-of-the-century building that formerly housed the Chicago Fire Department and was completely remodeled in 1999. The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant retained its charm with original tin ceilings, fire-glazed walls and brass poles. Just as the setting pleases your eye, the American fare will tantalize your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (66)good for groups (62)great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (43)great for lunch (26)late-night find (17)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great Historic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2014We had dinner her one night while in Chicago. We were staying just down the street at Sky55 so it was very convenient. The restaurant has wonderful character since it is in an old firehouse. The food and service was great. Suggestion: ask to see the downstairs wine cellar while you are there. It would be a great room for a private party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I came here for a special occasion with my husband - the food was delicious and we enjoyed a pre-dinner cocktail. We started with oysters which were delicious - although there must have been a bad one as I had an extremely upset stomach in the night which was unlucky - my husband was fine. We both had steaks which were a little over done - we asked for medium rare so next time I would ask for rare, fries and creamed spinach, which was extremely salty. The general ambiance and building itself is fun being an old fire house, and our server was excellent. It was just over $100 a head in the end - we shared a starter (oysters) and dessert, and had 3 drinks each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 11/20/2014Good food, great Zinfandel. Waiter was very attentive, until the end when things strated getting busy.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServicefoodloverVIPDined on 11/19/2014Bryant was amazing and if you have a chance to be waited on by him, your experience will be that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionerDined on 11/16/2014I made a reservation for my team of six in town for a convention. I got a call from Firehouse shortly after landing in O'Hare. Two hours later I called to change the time of our reservation to accomodate the team leader. Two hours prior to our reservation, I had to call and double the number of our party to twelve because another team wanted to join us. This restaurant was extremely courteous throughout. I felt terrible having changed the reservation several times after they had confirmed with me, but they were accomodating and never made me feel like I was breaking some protocol. The food was fantastic and the wine fabulous. We were treated very well by the service staff. For group dining close to McCormick Place, I recommend this place without the slightest hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We came here for a dinner with our research group. Aside from being a bit too loud, we had a good experience. Good food and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in ChicagoTHECOSVIPDined on 11/14/2014Best steak I have ever had - the bone in sirloin. Melted in your mouth. My wife is a ribs expert ordered the shirt ribs. She said they were the best ever. Combine that with the ambiance of the renovated firehouse and great wine list you can't beat it. For my money the best steakhouse in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDelightfulDined on 11/9/2014A friend and I chose the Firehouse for dinner after an evening of classical music. The dining experience continued the evening of relaxation and elegance perfectly. Our waiter Magnus was both charming and well informed about the dinner and wine menu. He was appropriately attentive without being intrusive. We chose lobster, rib eye, and crab claws to share. The food was spectacular!Special Features:
- pudgeDined on 11/8/2014Was our first time there and was definitely pleased, the food was delicious and the staff was professional and immediate on service,Special Features:
- okJFW2Dined on 11/8/2014Food was acceptable...not outstanding. Service was good, attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMattVIPDined on 11/8/2014It had been some time since we were last at the Chicago Firehouse. We found the prices had increased and the quality of the food had decreased. As we reported to the manager when he stopped by, the pea soup was very watery. We will say the onion soup was excellent as were salads. The filets were very good, but the pork chop was tough and as were the short ribs. I doubt we will return.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodismynameDined on 11/8/2014Ordered the salmon and my husband ordered the Barramundi. Some of the best fish I have ever eaten. Creamed, Spinach, Mac & Cheese & Asparagus absolutely amazing. All staff was very courteous. Food was prepared quickly, drinks were delicious. This was our first time and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakMixitupGreatDined on 11/5/2014We wanted to go out for a nice steak meal but didn't want to do the usual big name places. Chicago Firehouse showed up on open table, the menu looked perfect. I had the Ribeye, my wife had the bone in Filet, both were fantastic, cooked exactly right but I think the bone in Filet won the taste battle. Our waiter was very good, attentive as needed and offered nice suggestions. Finished the night with a cup of excellent coffee. We will go back.Special Features:
- WNDYCTYCSFANWNDYCTYCSFANDined on 11/5/2014Building was completed in 1905, awesome look and feel to it! The food, service and staff are top shelf!Special Features:
- My 2 centsRamananDined on 11/4/2014Visiting downtown Chicago for the first time... Many gave recommendations on Chicago style pizza but I was more in the mood for a good steak... This was a great choice... Real good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOING DOWNBorisDined on 11/2/2014I visit Firehouse every time I am in Chicago. This time it was disappointing. Risotto for starters advertised to be with truffle sauce was covered with tomato sauce (on top of truffle sauce?!) Rice for risotto was strange: mushy outside under cooked inside and probably not a risotto sort (here I am not sure). Presentation of the dish was ugly. Beer was placed on my table in a bottle, but without a glass and nobody asked if I even want a glass. The stake was good though.
- GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE CLASS AGOODFOODDined on 11/2/2014The steaks and the food was well worth the price. This is a great place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- MehVinceDined on 11/1/2014Way overpriced, calamari just ok, $60 steak was no better than one from TGI Fridays. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Fire HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was very good with great table service. It is expensive, be prepared to spend $100 per person. The dining room was way to full. To many table with way to many people. Very very noisy. I had a difficult time talking to my wife that was sitting right next to me. This is a very fun location to visit. Take advantage of the valet parking for $10. It will make your life easierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningMichiganDinerDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I took our son and his fiancé out for dinner during a recent visit to Chicago. We had a lovely dinner at the Chicago Firehouse. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I would highly recommend dining at this establishment.Special Features:
- Fantastic!TurkDined on 11/1/2014Incredible food! The steak was perfect along with the delicious lobster bisque soup. Went here for a date night and was extremely satisfied. Great atmosphere, better food, and not outrageously expensive. A must for any coupleSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Very cold. Food was just ok for the price. Service was extremely slow considering the restaurant was not crowded. The manager did try to make things better. Not worth visiting unless you are willing to wait for mediocre food and don't want the hassle of driving downtown to a real steakhouse.Special Features:
- Nice timeemmaVIPDined on 10/29/2014nice energy, for a very pleasant dinner experience with my client.
- Best rib eye everFendoDined on 10/28/2014This is my third time in this restaurant. I consider myself a meat lover and this is the place where I have had the best rib eye fillet I have had in my life. The menu also includes some selection of fish which is equally good. Pwrhaps slightly pricey for my pocket, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my husband and me seconf time at the Firehouse. We decided to return for a special occasion with our adult children. We were NOT disappointed. We ate and enjoyed our time. The servers were outstanding and the food was worth the price. DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChampaignDined on 10/17/2014I had never been to the Firehouse, my husband had before. We had friends coming in for the weekend, and took them here. They loved it, we loved it! Enough said!!Special Features:
- Great food but LOUD!LippyLeeVIPDined on 10/14/2014I hadn't been to Chicago Firehouse in some time so it was great to return. I had forgotten how beautiful the interior is, and the service and food were as good as ever. What I had forgotten was how loud it is and difficult to have a conversation with anyone other than the person directly next to you. I had dinner with my parents and found I had to continually repeat myself so I don't think it was enjoyable for them.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!JuanPradaDined on 10/13/2014The place, the atmosphere, the service... You name it! If you're looking for the best meat cut, paired properly to the right wine, if you mind for royal-like service, search no more, TChFR is an oasis for sibarites. Don't look the prices, think in the glory! Even if you only have 9 dollars, get the lobster bisque (yes! As turf is glorious, surf is amazing!). Do you want a private service? At least three rooms and the Wine Cellar are available for you to nurture the beloved ones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy neighborNancyneighborDined on 10/12/2014The Firehouse is a hidden neighborhood gem. It's like a Cheers bar/restaurant with class. Food is over the top and all help is the best of the best!! I'm so happy it is in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find Close to McCormickN45STVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was recommended by a local, and it was a good choice for a dinner with colleagues. Food was fresh and good, varied menu, service was attentive. It is clearly a popular restaurant with a lot of regulars. Close to McCormick so ideal for after a convention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Very noisyChicagoDined on 10/8/2014Best chateaubriand ever. Veggies mediocre. Service over the top. But you none a bullhorn to talk to your neighborSpecial Features:
- Great FindPatceeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Found Chicago Firehouse on Open Table. Being from out of town was not aware of this restaurant. What a gem!! Will definitely dine there the next time I'm in Chicago.Special Features:
- I still love this restaurantMoonRiver1VIPDined on 10/5/2014It seems like we only dine at The Chicago Firehouse every couple of years or so and then always ask ourselves, why we waited so long between visits. Predictably good food and service; a hidden gem of an outdoor patio (weather permitting of course) and an interesting ambience. There is generally a mix of business professionals and couples on date nights - there is appeal to both. The scallops are always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNAZFanDined on 10/4/2014Was looking forward to a quality experience and was sorely disappointed. The dining area was so cold it was hard to enjoy our meal. The food was ok and the service not what you'd expect at this price point. Bottom line, far better choices in the city.Special Features:
- consistancy is keydeliciousVIPDined on 10/3/2014great service. as usuall. helped make it a great brthday celebration.Special Features:
- Authentic Firehouse AtmospherePennsylvaniaGuestDined on 9/30/2014The food was outstanding. If you want a great experience and eat good food, this is a must stop.Special Features:
- ExcellentwboutVIPDined on 9/28/2014The four of us had a great time. The food, service, and outdoor seating were all fantastic. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great place.BucaDined on 9/27/2014I travel often to different cities for work and always look forward to finding great local place to eat. Chicago Firehouse Restaurant has it all; great food, great service, great chefs, and a great place overall for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDateNightDined on 9/20/2014We were excited about our evening at the CFH, as we have fined here before. Unfortunately, our server was not as attentive to US as I would have liked. I order a glass of wine, it was a while before I received it and tables that arrived after us who ordered drinks received them before I got my glass of wine. We ordered the crab cake which was cold in the middle and riddled with shells. I ordered the salmon (yum) and the lobster mac and cheese, and green beans. My fiancé ordered a steak (he said yum). However, the whole real reason for our return was for the lobster mac n cheese which was COLD! We decided to send it back. It came back out hot but just didn't taste as good as before. There were shells in it as well. So overall disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was about my 5th visit to the Firehouse. Love the historic feel of the place. The food is excellent. The service is helpful without being overbearing. I've always enjoyed my visits to the Chicago Firehouse!Special Features: