Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
1401 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chicagofirehouse.com/
- Phone: 3127861401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chicago Firehouse can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Entertainment: The Chicago Firehouse features the smooth sounds of Myles Hayes Jazz Trio every Thursday throughout the year. The Trio Takes over our stunning Patio in the summer. Come join us for dinner and a show!
- Special Events: Come join our Mainstay Rewards Program & earn points with every visit!
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: Michigan Avenue Bus - #4, #3, #1, #12
CTA Red Line Train, CTA Orange Line Train, CTA Green Line Train - Roosevelt stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available for $9.00. Metered street parking available. Parking lot available at 14th and Michigan for $7.00.
A word from Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
The Chicago Firehouse restaurant is in an attractive turn-of-the-century building that formerly housed the Chicago Fire Department and was completely remodeled in 1999. The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant retained its charm with original tin ceilings, fire-glazed walls and brass poles. Just as the setting pleases your eye, the American fare will tantalize your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)great for outdoor dining (85)neighborhood gem (77)romantic (73)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (38)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (26)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- UnderwhelmingDateNightDined on 9/20/2014We were excited about our evening at the CFH, as we have fined here before. Unfortunately, our server was not as attentive to US as I would have liked. I order a glass of wine, it was a while before I received it and tables that arrived after us who ordered drinks received them before I got my glass of wine. We ordered the crab cake which was cold in the middle and riddled with shells. I ordered the salmon (yum) and the lobster mac and cheese, and green beans. My fiancé ordered a steak (he said yum). However, the whole real reason for our return was for the lobster mac n cheese which was COLD! We decided to send it back. It came back out hot but just didn't taste as good as before. There were shells in it as well. So overall disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was about my 5th visit to the Firehouse. Love the historic feel of the place. The food is excellent. The service is helpful without being overbearing. I've always enjoyed my visits to the Chicago Firehouse!Special Features:
- Love the bar dining areaRayUWSVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've never been disappointed with the food, service, wine selection, or ambiance here. It's a great use of an interesting space and always an enjoyable dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.. that's about itdanitreDined on 9/13/2014The food was really good, but the ambiance and service was just... meh. There was a tv playing college football, which just ruined my dinner. The waiter would disappear for long periods of time. He would only comeover to ask us if we wanted more cocktails and that's about it. We were finish eating and the plates litterally sat on the table for about 20 minutes before someone came to clear them. If you want to price your food comprable to somewhere like Gibson's then I suggest having service to go along with it.Special Features:
- It was decentBrokeLawStudentDined on 9/12/2014Neighborhood steak place. The bar is cool, the building has interesting history, and the food is decent but we weren't wowed by anything. Lobster mac and cheese wasn't as good as several other places in town, the steak was ok but undercooked a bit, dessert was nothing special, everything on the menu seemed very steakhouse classic. The sides were generous and tasty--I'd rather have those than their main courses!Special Features:
- chateaubriand is excellentdisappointedDined on 9/10/2014we've been to this restaurant many times but this was our first taste of the delicious chateaubriand - truly excellent. we did not want to be seated in the bar area as it is quite noisy and Zach accommodated us and moved our group so we could conduct some business over dinner. I applaud the young guys who conceived this restaurant idea and likewise that they have kept their high standards of service and food despite becoming more and more popular.Special Features:
- A very nice evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and a nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- Chicago Firehouse SteakhouseSkripDiningExperienceDined on 9/8/2014The owners have done a great job of keeping the old charm mixed with modern style. The chateaubriand for two was out of this world and the black truffle complimented the flavor without taking away from an excellent cut of meat. My only concern to note was service was a little slow the evening that we dined at Chicago Firehouse Steakhouse. Don't miss the original ceilings and fire poles that remain in the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbfromIndyBarbfromIndyDined on 9/6/2014Special restaurant. Menu choices excellent for upscale yet unique steakhouse. Meat and seafood selections from our four diners were all well prepared. House salad and blue cheese lettuce wedge were outstanding. Recommend lobster bisque and a la carte Asparagus. Impeccable service and non-intrusive! We enjoyed the structure and the ambiance immensely and appreciated the historic preservation of elements from its previous purpose as a firehouse. Plan to return on future Chicago visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great couples spotZchiguyDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service, outstanding men selection, nicely prepared and presented food, setting and environment out of the movies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceFlowershopgirl21Dined on 9/6/2014Second time celebrating a very special birthday at the Firehouse. The food was wonderful and the service absolutely excellent. That made us feel very special. Fast becoming our favorite!Special Features:
- Price is not RightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014This is the second time I have visited The Firehouse this summer. I was lucky to sit outside on the patio both times. The ambiance is very good but, the cost is not in line with the quantity or quality of the food. I ordered salmon and for $25 I got one piece of salmon. The salmon was good, but, not worth that price. With that said, the service is first rate.
- great outdoor - bad burgergoodscenebadburgerDined on 9/3/2014had a great date night. Lovely outdoor dining. Only issue. Both of our medium rare cheese burgers were raw. Sent them back to be remade. They cam out well done. Did not complain again. Maybe the second team was on. The calamari and onion rings were good enough. Of course, we are in high end catering, and they probably thought we just did not know the difference between raw and medium rare!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an extraordinary experience!ScrumptiousDined on 8/31/2014I truly look forward to fine dining again. My sister and I enjoyed ourselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good, but...EmberDined on 8/31/2014I found the food very good; however, I didn't realized that everything would be ala carte. I would have rather of gone to a place that has the soup or salad; vegetable or potato included. I feel that the prices are pretty high, and more food should come with the meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSweet10Dined on 8/31/2014First off it is a quaint restaurant on 15th and Michigan Ave. The attire is is casual or dressy..your choice. The food was excellent. All servers were very nice. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed!AndreaDined on 8/29/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from The Chicago Firehouse and was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone from the hostess to the bus staff to our waiter was very pleasant, smiling & courteous. The food was beautifully presented & out of this world in taste. If you want an elegant dining experience & want to perhaps show your teen children what it means to dine in an upscale establishment, this is your opportunity. You will definitely not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A little pricey for what you getdinerinchicagoDined on 8/28/2014I've been to Chicago Firehouse at least three times over several years and it is fine. The food is fine, décor fine, service fine. Nothing particularly good about it but nothing is way off eitherSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Service was great !!! Took my client, my boss (Sr. VP) and my team and could not have chosen a better place. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Nice decoration and lighting for calm dinner and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DaypickyeaterDined on 8/24/2014The weather was perfect to sit outside, and the service was good. Went there with two friends for brunch. the food was good, nothing special or outstanding. would recommend the brunchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful and experienced service.JFW2Dined on 8/23/2014Along with masterfully prepared meals. What a jewel this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!LizzyDined on 8/23/2014The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant was an amazing experience!! Great place for special occasions or just delicious food!! Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerbigandlittleDined on 8/18/2014I celebrated my Birthday at the restaurant along with my parents and my Boyfriend it was my first time, We sat on the patio and the ambiance outside is really nice and the whole restaurant is also great. Our server Niko was very friendly and accommodating. We ordered calamari, crab cakes and grilled octopus to start and I had a New York strip steak. The only thing that I didn't like was the food was a little bland on the steak and octopus I wish they could've added more flavoring to it. Regardless of the food overall, I had a great experience because of the great customer service that our server Niko gave us. I asked for Salt and Pepper and Steak Sauce he gave it right away and he recommended a nice wine for me. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- tourist with young daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Best Kalamari I have ever had. Entree is ala carte but the sides are more reasonably priced than similar steakhouses and just as good. I would go again.Special Features:
- Sometimes good for quite dinnerTerradinDined on 8/16/2014I went with a group of 4 and we had a great time. Our conversation was nice and quiet just like everyone else in the restaurant. Then a party of 8-9 came in and were talking really loud. Since the design of the restaurant is an open layout, there is no blocking sound coming from another party. I don't think of myself as a sound sensitive person, but when you are 20+ feet away and can not hear the person next to you, the other party is making too much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer other steakhouses in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We didn't have very good service. We had to keep asking for water and bread. My husbands fish was so overcooked as was my filet. Great wine list and nice ambience but for the money I think there are better options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-MAZING!amazingDined on 8/14/2014it broke my heart to have to leave several bites of my 18oz bone-in ribeye and a good portion of the lobster mac & cheese, but there is no way i would have been able to eat the vanilla bean creame brulee if i hadnt. the ribeye was cooked to perfection. all the side dishes were spectacular. service, out of this world! thanks michael!Special Features:
- Great experience!MarkDined on 8/13/2014Great food and great service. Steal was well cooked and portions were adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42nd anniversary dinneroutoftownersDined on 8/12/2014arrived early and were not able to sit at the bar waiting for our table - that was the only negative issue and not the reason we were there - our 42nd anniversary dinner and the choice for where to eat could not have been better!! Great service, great food, nice wine and beer selection. Will definitely return in the near future. Also my first weekend with the new phone, and it was great to be able to book a table on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Steaks!mds1997Dined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed our visit to Chicago Firehouse! We ordered the 8 oz. filet mignon and it was very tender and juicy. We also ordered the garlic mashed potatoes and french fries. It was too much food for just us, but the waiter said the helpings for the sides were really for 1 1/2 not the 2 people (as stated on the menu). We ended up with over 3/4 of the sides remaining, and could not eat anymore! Very delicious! We also enjoyed the history about the firehouse building too...very fascinating! We would definitely go back there to eat if given the opportunity!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great South Loop DinningnanjoDined on 8/9/2014Chicago Fire House was a real neighborhood gem of fine dinning. It was more than just a great steakhouse. Everything ordered from lobster bisque, ceaser salad, fish special were superb. The old fire sration added to the ambiance to make the whole experience special. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Home of Backdraft FirehouseGImpRDined on 8/9/2014A nostalgic historic place.. Like the food and the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- not badpkeatDined on 8/9/2014Great location, staff is pretty good, food is good not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLocalDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Six of us had an exceptional dinner at Chicago Firehouse. Steaks rivaled any in Chicago and the non-steak entrees were very well prepared. Absolutely fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoochDined on 8/7/2014Very disappointed in the service. Felt like I was inconveniencing my waiter. Very rude at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago firehouse restaurantNolimitfunDined on 8/4/2014Great find for a blind draw restaurant off the internet. Was listed in the top 10, and I will give it a ten in my book!!Special Features:
- Great service, needs mgmt.LilbrothaleeDined on 8/2/2014I ate there approx. 10pm on a Friday night. IT WAS EMPTY! The service was personal, but a bit under-trained for the level of cuisine they're trying to present. If you want to present fine dining, then train your peeps for it. I had oysters...quite good. Had to ask for crackers. Then, the Lobster bisque. Nice presentation, but a powdery, dry texture. Not great. Entree-Bleu Cheese ribeye with 8oz lobster tail. I think they put the whole plate under the broiler to finish the dish. The tail shell was burned, but the lobster was good. The steak was a bit overbroiled and crispy for medium rare. The inside was nice. There was no garnish and the cheese was over-melted, but the steak was tasty. Just a few tweaks and this place is golden. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Fire House is Hot!Happy2bthereDined on 8/2/2014This truly is a neighborhood gem with old world charm and style. The staff are very knowledgeable without being pretentious. The Chateau Briand for two was excellent and the wine paired with the meal completed the experience. We shared a dessert of Creme Brulee and left totally satisfied. Will return to this hot spot soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014So, was just wandering downtown before heading to a concert at the Aragon, looking for a standout place to eat some dinner. Searched and thought the name was interesting. Not what I expected - was very posh and stylish in an upscale way I wasn't expecting - but worth the visit. The seafood pasta was awesome, the atmosphere was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.