Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
1401 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://chicagofirehouse.com/
- Phone: 3127861401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday 9:30am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Turano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Chicago Firehouse can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Entertainment: The Chicago Firehouse features the smooth sounds of Myles Hayes Jazz Trio every Thursday throughout the year. The Trio Takes over our stunning Patio in the summer. Come join us for dinner and a show!
- Special Events: Come join our Mainstay Rewards Program & earn points with every visit!
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: Michigan Avenue Bus - #4, #3, #1, #12
CTA Red Line Train, CTA Orange Line Train, CTA Green Line Train - Roosevelt stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available for $9.00. Metered street parking available. Parking lot available at 14th and Michigan for $7.00.
A word from Chicago Firehouse Restaurant
The Chicago Firehouse restaurant is in an attractive turn-of-the-century building that formerly housed the Chicago Fire Department and was completely remodeled in 1999. The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant retained its charm with original tin ceilings, fire-glazed walls and brass poles. Just as the setting pleases your eye, the American fare will tantalize your taste buds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chicago Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)great for outdoor dining (86)romantic (77)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (32)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Was good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I found the food very good; however, I didn't realized that everything would be ala carte. I would have rather of gone to a place that has the soup or salad; vegetable or potato included. I feel that the prices are pretty high, and more food should come with the meal.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014First off it is a quaint restaurant on 15th and Michigan Ave. The attire is is casual or dressy..your choice. The food was excellent. All servers were very nice. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed!AndreaDined on 8/29/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from The Chicago Firehouse and was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone from the hostess to the bus staff to our waiter was very pleasant, smiling & courteous. The food was beautifully presented & out of this world in taste. If you want an elegant dining experience & want to perhaps show your teen children what it means to dine in an upscale establishment, this is your opportunity. You will definitely not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A little pricey for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014I've been to Chicago Firehouse at least three times over several years and it is fine. The food is fine, décor fine, service fine. Nothing particularly good about it but nothing is way off eitherSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Service was great !!! Took my client, my boss (Sr. VP) and my team and could not have chosen a better place. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Nice decoration and lighting for calm dinner and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DaypickyeaterDined on 8/24/2014The weather was perfect to sit outside, and the service was good. Went there with two friends for brunch. the food was good, nothing special or outstanding. would recommend the brunchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful and experienced service.JFW2Dined on 8/23/2014Along with masterfully prepared meals. What a jewel this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!LizzyDined on 8/23/2014The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant was an amazing experience!! Great place for special occasions or just delicious food!! Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerbigandlittleDined on 8/18/2014I celebrated my Birthday at the restaurant along with my parents and my Boyfriend it was my first time, We sat on the patio and the ambiance outside is really nice and the whole restaurant is also great. Our server Niko was very friendly and accommodating. We ordered calamari, crab cakes and grilled octopus to start and I had a New York strip steak. The only thing that I didn't like was the food was a little bland on the steak and octopus I wish they could've added more flavoring to it. Regardless of the food overall, I had a great experience because of the great customer service that our server Niko gave us. I asked for Salt and Pepper and Steak Sauce he gave it right away and he recommended a nice wine for me. Overall great experience!Special Features:
- tourist with young daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Best Kalamari I have ever had. Entree is ala carte but the sides are more reasonably priced than similar steakhouses and just as good. I would go again.Special Features:
- Sometimes good for quite dinnerTerradinDined on 8/16/2014I went with a group of 4 and we had a great time. Our conversation was nice and quiet just like everyone else in the restaurant. Then a party of 8-9 came in and were talking really loud. Since the design of the restaurant is an open layout, there is no blocking sound coming from another party. I don't think of myself as a sound sensitive person, but when you are 20+ feet away and can not hear the person next to you, the other party is making too much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer other steakhouses in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We didn't have very good service. We had to keep asking for water and bread. My husbands fish was so overcooked as was my filet. Great wine list and nice ambience but for the money I think there are better options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-MAZING!amazingDined on 8/14/2014it broke my heart to have to leave several bites of my 18oz bone-in ribeye and a good portion of the lobster mac & cheese, but there is no way i would have been able to eat the vanilla bean creame brulee if i hadnt. the ribeye was cooked to perfection. all the side dishes were spectacular. service, out of this world! thanks michael!Special Features:
- Great experience!MarkDined on 8/13/2014Great food and great service. Steal was well cooked and portions were adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 42nd anniversary dinneroutoftownersDined on 8/12/2014arrived early and were not able to sit at the bar waiting for our table - that was the only negative issue and not the reason we were there - our 42nd anniversary dinner and the choice for where to eat could not have been better!! Great service, great food, nice wine and beer selection. Will definitely return in the near future. Also my first weekend with the new phone, and it was great to be able to book a table on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Steaks!mds1997Dined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed our visit to Chicago Firehouse! We ordered the 8 oz. filet mignon and it was very tender and juicy. We also ordered the garlic mashed potatoes and french fries. It was too much food for just us, but the waiter said the helpings for the sides were really for 1 1/2 not the 2 people (as stated on the menu). We ended up with over 3/4 of the sides remaining, and could not eat anymore! Very delicious! We also enjoyed the history about the firehouse building too...very fascinating! We would definitely go back there to eat if given the opportunity!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great South Loop DinningnanjoDined on 8/9/2014Chicago Fire House was a real neighborhood gem of fine dinning. It was more than just a great steakhouse. Everything ordered from lobster bisque, ceaser salad, fish special were superb. The old fire sration added to the ambiance to make the whole experience special. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Home of Backdraft FirehouseGImpRDined on 8/9/2014A nostalgic historic place.. Like the food and the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- not badpkeatDined on 8/9/2014Great location, staff is pretty good, food is good not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLocalDinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Six of us had an exceptional dinner at Chicago Firehouse. Steaks rivaled any in Chicago and the non-steak entrees were very well prepared. Absolutely fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoochDined on 8/7/2014Very disappointed in the service. Felt like I was inconveniencing my waiter. Very rude at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago firehouse restaurantNolimitfunDined on 8/4/2014Great find for a blind draw restaurant off the internet. Was listed in the top 10, and I will give it a ten in my book!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!mkenney61Dined on 8/4/2014The steaks were great, and the seafood tower appetizer was awesome! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, needs mgmt.LilbrothaleeDined on 8/2/2014I ate there approx. 10pm on a Friday night. IT WAS EMPTY! The service was personal, but a bit under-trained for the level of cuisine they're trying to present. If you want to present fine dining, then train your peeps for it. I had oysters...quite good. Had to ask for crackers. Then, the Lobster bisque. Nice presentation, but a powdery, dry texture. Not great. Entree-Bleu Cheese ribeye with 8oz lobster tail. I think they put the whole plate under the broiler to finish the dish. The tail shell was burned, but the lobster was good. The steak was a bit overbroiled and crispy for medium rare. The inside was nice. There was no garnish and the cheese was over-melted, but the steak was tasty. Just a few tweaks and this place is golden. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Fire House is Hot!Happy2bthereDined on 8/2/2014This truly is a neighborhood gem with old world charm and style. The staff are very knowledgeable without being pretentious. The Chateau Briand for two was excellent and the wine paired with the meal completed the experience. We shared a dessert of Creme Brulee and left totally satisfied. Will return to this hot spot soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014So, was just wandering downtown before heading to a concert at the Aragon, looking for a standout place to eat some dinner. Searched and thought the name was interesting. Not what I expected - was very posh and stylish in an upscale way I wasn't expecting - but worth the visit. The seafood pasta was awesome, the atmosphere was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It rained so I didn't get to enjoy the outdoor seating; that might've helped make it more enjoyable. The lump crab cake appetizer was very good the Malbec was too. The filet flight was mediocre and the two sides, mushrooms and garlic potatoes were lackluster. In fact, we returned the potatoes because they were tasteless; after additional garlic they were okay. My date enjoyed his filet but my medallions were average compared to the price. The apple tart was yummy. Overall, we would probably not return. For the money Joe's is a better dining experience. Our view included site of the kitchen entrance and the service was just fair. With the mediocre food and service I wouldn't return. For $230. tab there are better places to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmeanadamDined on 7/28/2014Did not disappoint. Food was amazing, service was great. Atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago FirehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We were very pleased with the entire evening. our wait staff was a mature group and very knowledgeable of food items and beverages. my filet was cooked perfect and tender on a bed of fresh grilled asparagus, the wife's chicken was twice what she could eat but very tender and on a bed of mashed potatoes with baby carrots on top. The mature bus boy was also very keen to our needs also. We will go back againSpecial Features:
- PattyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food; friendly, efficient service. Beautiful outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- Chicago Fire HousepaoloDined on 7/25/2014The open courtyard area was lovely on a beautiful cool evening for an 8p. reservation. Our seating was prompt and friendly for a Friday night dinner (7/25) with a 9:30 deadline (business meeting). Our waiter was attentive and charming and served us well along with a staff that took care of water, bread, and food service. The food was well cooked to order and of very high quality. We were very happy with our experience and the time constraint was not a problem due to excellent service. (Oysters Rockefeller, Salad and Bone in filet mignon.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ambiance, food, service1funspotDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant has a casual elegance, suitable for special occasions or an intimate night out. Patio dining is an added bonus. Our dinner was quiet and relaxed. While our waiter was attentive, we felt free to linger. The food is always reliably good.Special Features:
- Great mealKrispVIPDined on 7/20/2014Had the homemade pasta with light wine sauce and seafood. Amazing. Huge shrimp, scallops and calamari. Light meal without heavy sauce. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- IndygalDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyable enclosed outside area for brunch. Quiet atmosphere with wonderful service, food and drink. It wasn't too busy and we weren't rushed. It was the perfect setting for our family get together. Very attentive service but not intrusive. Will definitely return if in the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, not great, for the price.KenFlorianVIPDined on 7/18/2014Decent, not great, for the price. I had the $59, dry aged Kansas City strip. It was good but for the same price around Chicago I've had much better. Background music was louder than desirable. At a corner booth for four it was difficult for the person across the table to hear table conversation. Unnecessary distraction.
- First time - will return!Chibears1957Dined on 7/13/2014My wife and I met my sister and her husband, who are from Atlanta, for Sunday brunch and we were all very pleased. Great atmosphere for a an outdoor late morning meal - service great, food very good and price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced, service poorteswan113Dined on 7/11/2014Dinner a bit over-priced for the quality and selection of the fare. 2 of 3 had the steak flight, and I had the Ahi (I know, stupid decision in a beef place). The steak was very good, but the Ahi was fatty and cold. The waiter was first over-attentive, then inattentive, and got a couple of orders wrong. There are much better ways to dine.
- Great restaurant!NancyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had dinner here on a Friday evening. Our waiter, Julian, was knowledgeable, personable, and fun. His recommendations were spot on. We had the Chateaubriand for two, and the portion was large enough that we had another meal at home from the leftovers. We were in a cozy corner booth, so it was a nice ambience for a date. The outdoor seating looked beautiful; but it was sprinkling rain so we passed. Maybe next time! Our only complaint was a noisy, obnoxious man who came in intoxicated. He was annoying, but not the problem of the restaurant. We will definitely go again. A great find in South Loop.Special Features:
- Fantastic First ImpressionBorntoBrioDined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit to the Chicago Firehouse Restaurant; we could not have been more impressed with all aspects of this fine dining gem! Every employee we came in contact with was polite, friendly, professional and wore a genuine smile. The wait staff was very attentive, always available when needed, and quick to respond to any/every request. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, very helpful with suggestions as well as answering all our questions. The food was excellent; three different selections: Pork chop - huge, enough for two people; scallops, the best we've ever had; and the filet medallions, three fantastic flavors, all cooked to perfection. This restaurant will definitely be at the top of our list for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.