Chicago Cut Steakhouse
300 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagocutsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (312) 329-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chicago Cut Steakhouse is available seven days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner events of ten up to 200 people. Please contact Teri Dasse for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Dasse 3129293570
A word from Chicago Cut Steakhouse
Chicago Cut Steakhouse redefines Chicago's steak-centric dining scene with signature USDA-certified prime beef, which is hand cut and dry aged on site. A variety of made-to-order cuts are joined by eight different fish options, shellfish, chops, an array of hearty side dishes and more on the extensive dinner menu. The restaurant also serves the city's best "power breakfast," as well as a dynamic lunch service featuring carving stations in the bar area with prime rib, ham and turkey. Chicago Cut's expansive surroundings feature a lively bar area framed by dramatic wine display cases; vibrant red velvet banquettes and spacious dining tables; and sweeping views of the Chicago River. A sprawling outdoor patio lining the riverside attracts diners throughout the day and well into the evening. Special touches abound, such as the restaurant's global wine list, which is presented to the guest via an interactive iPad program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chicago Cut Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Chicago Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
536 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (332)scenic view (304)notable wine list (226)hot spot (217)great for outdoor dining (215)fit for foodies (193)romantic (161)good for groups (143)vibrant bar scene (94)great for lunch (82)neighborhood gem (59)late-night find (52)great for brunch (50)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- Good food/view. LOUD environment w/snooty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014Went here for epic steaks & prime rib after reading reviews. First thing you notice is the noise level - off the charts loud. Second thing you notice is the snooty wait staff who make it clear you are lucky to be there and for them to be waiting on you - which was difficult to even hear over the noise level. Third thing you notice is all the people that seem to be there just to be noticed - and maybe eat. Fourth thing is back to the wait staff who are definite 'pusher's of everything the restaurant has & make you feel criminal if you refuse any of them. I'm sure that's what they're trained to do & understandable to a point - but not to the point of discomfort. Food was good enough, but for the price & location, would not likely return - most of all because of the wait staff attitude, which experience tells me comes from top management down who doesn't count on repeat customers. Get over yourselves already - it's only food.Special Features:
- Great Steak NightBabs60Dined on 11/23/2014The filet was perfectly prepared. We had the oysters on the half shell, and they were some of the best we have had. The side dishes were delicious, and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlaVZVIPDined on 11/23/2014we tried the onion soup and Caesar salad to start and they were delicious. . .then tried the ribs and a filet...steak was super tender and ribs were seasoned perfectly. we're going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/23/2014Enjoyed the Sunday brunch immensely! Mimosas, steak and eggs, what could be better?! I had the strip steak and poached eggs, as did my mom. My dad was a big fan of the corn beef hash. Our waiter surprised us with dessert- chocolate cake and Oreo mint pie. Both were out of this world! The restaurant is located riverfront, making for great views. The service is top notch. Our brunch experience couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing water view! I loved it!SbrooksDined on 11/22/2014Host was amazing and very patient. I was seated in a timely fashion right by the window which boasted an amazing lake view. Waiter (Justin) was very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks were too burnt on their surfacettttDined on 11/22/2014The steaks were too burnt on their surface, giving flavor to the steak, and the tables ridiculously close to each other.
- Simply Amazing!HatchswifeyDined on 11/22/2014From start to finish my friends and I had an amazing time at Chicago Cut Steakhouse! The food and drinks was delicious, And the service was impeccable! Our server Brian was fabulous and catered to our every need!!! The ambiance at the restaurant was very trendy and lively, I felt like I was somewhere I wanted to be seen! The view from the windows was beautiful! I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to just steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Gorgeous place. Food is way over priced. But steak is good. Prepare to spend a good $150 pp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse for Guys WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014The steaks were delicious and definitely among the tops in a city noted for it's steaks. Cocktails were unique and well crafted. Wine list was impressive. The server was helpful, attentive and knowledgeable although not overly friendly. Salads and sides were good enough that there was no room for any dessert. Would readily go again when able to get a reservation at this popular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverFujifilmHoldingsAmericaDined on 11/22/2014One of the best dinner experiences I have ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Great view, great service, and fantastic food. A great Chicago experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014The median steak was like the median well or well steak. Service was very bad with mean face.Special Features:
- Great steak- small mistakesGreatDined on 11/18/2014I made a reservation for 8 pm and we were not sat until 8:30 - the bartender bought our last round although I'm not sure if that was because we were sat late or not. My date and I ordered different temperature and different cuts but hers was done medium rare and mine medium (the opposite of the order). Small mistakes that stuck out to me- overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But......MEhtDined on 11/18/2014Food is always great, but the room is very cramped, which makes it very laud and hard to have a conversation. We felt a little rushed by the busers. The waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came back years later and it was still greatJigjamVIPDined on 11/17/2014Ate there shortly after they opened, and was impressed. At the time, the restaurant was unknown, but 4 years later it was hopping. And no wonder: the ambiance, food, and service were all superb. There are a lot of steak places in Chicago, but this one is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2014As far as steak restaurants go this place has an energetic and fun vibe. Service was outstanding. Appetizers excellent. In my opinion steak - bone in strip and ribeye- both fell short of great. It was overall a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2014Too many tables. I felt claustrophobic. Food was below average. Three of us had their signature steaks. One had fish of the day. Steaks were flavorless and fatty. Fish was bland. Sides were not good. Food did come quickly and I liked the wine list on the iPad. I was able to find an excellent moderately priced merlot. The shrimp cocktail was good.Special Features:
- ImpressiveVertigoDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I took my mom and dad with us to celebrate our anniversary. We have a list of the top 20 steakhouses in Chicago and have only knocked down 7, but this was the best one yet. The staff was professional, informative and extremely pleasant. The food was delicious. Everything from the porterhouse steaks to the lightly seasoned green beans. I had some anxiety about visiting a restaurant that was new to us because it was the first time my hard-working parents had ever gone to a place like this, so I wanted it to be special and it did not disappoint. We will definitely go back again. And again. Thank you for the perfect touch to out perfect double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wiscopamDined on 11/15/2014ate in the bar and had a great time. Service was awesome. Wish I remembered the server's name. She was very personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Absolutely great service! Strongly recommend the lamb chops and Cajun rib eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, Not ExcellentGoodDined on 11/15/2014Do something to separate yourself from the hundreds of other steakhouses in the area. There is no distinguishing factor. You need signature dishes and other unique items that will set you apart. Also, not for nothing, but I was charged for desserts that you brought to the table without ordering it. Overall though, a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottSTAaaahcDined on 11/15/2014When I am in chicago every three months I usually eat here. However during my recent visit this weekend the steaks were cold and not tender and the side of fries was also cold. The waiter was not overly friendly either. I will likely choose another steak place downtown when I come back in JanuarySpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Amazing bar. Excellent bourbon selection. The ever hard to find 'Pappy Van Winkle 10 and 12 year' were there. Excellent service. Probably the best steak I have ever had. Wine list a bit pricey but worth it. Highly recommend for that once a year splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Cut - A wonderful placeRM301Dined on 11/14/2014We recently had dinner at Chicago Cut to celebrate an important event. We arrived just before our reservation and got seated promptly. We took our time ordering drinks and were never hurried during the entire dinner. The drinks, appetizers, main course, sides and dessert were all fantastic. The steaks and lamb chops were prepared exactly as ordered and, with the view looking at the Chicago River and downtown, it made for a wonderful evening. I would recommend Chicago Cut for a special event or just a great night out. One of the top restaurants we have been to in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful, Simply AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014A nightmare from beginning to end. The food, the, service, and the ambience could not have been worse. If you go to a Chicago steakhouse to feel like cattle must feel in the stockyards, then this is the place for you. After a perfunctory greeting, you are herded to your table through throngs of people and seated at a table so close to your neighbor that it is impossible to have a private conversation. The server barely greets you before trying to get your "drink order" and giving you a menu and reciting the evening's specials so quickly that he should not even bother to take the time. The food comes so fast there is no time to pause between courses. I suspect the entrees were pre-cooked and sitting on a warming table. All they want to do is get you out of there. This is simply not even close to the great steak houses of Chicago and New York. STAY AWAY!!!
- Amazing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014This restaurant is a gem. The food was off the charts, the wine, cocktails...honestly you can't go wrong. On top of everything the service is attentive, knowledgeable and doesn't rush you. I will definitely go back the next time I am in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a waste of time and moneyKenlVIPDined on 11/10/2014I keep saying I won't go back and I keep mistakenly giving them a try. Other than poor service, a loud room, tasteless food and high prices, this place rocks! We ordered a lot for 2 people and there literally wasn't anything even good.
- Excellent food and serviceSherriDined on 11/8/2014The food was amazing but the service was even better.Special Features:
- Chicago Cut-in-halfCutinhalfDined on 11/8/2014I have been coming to Chicago Cut restaurant since opening, and have never had one bad experience til now. For starters it never was a quite type romantic place, but wow was it ever loud. So loud normal table talk cannot be heard. Way to crowded, and not meaning full restaurant, tables were way to close. They are getting every penny. The high prices are of no surprise and the great service, but what has changed is the quality, and attention to details with food prep. You order a $70 seafood appetizer and it comes out with the only two shrimp on platter not deveined. And finally your steak not cooked as ordered and waiter agrees, was last item of displeasure. I guess an off night for food staff. Don't think I will be going back.Special Features:
- Our favorite steak house in chicagoDziner27VIPDined on 11/8/2014We come to Chicago once a year for a conference and have tried many steakhouses during our visits. Chicago is known for good steakhouses. But none compare to the quality of meat at Chicago Cut. Get the bone in filet if available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantinaKatrinDined on 11/8/2014Food & services are good and efficient but feel to be in a Cantina; so NOIZY and close to the other tables that you you can't really appreciate the atmosphere and we you get in your plates, and hear your guests ... that's peatty It was my first steakhouse in Chicago and my last !Special Features:
- Great service! Great food!EJ94VIPDined on 11/8/2014We came for a date night in November so it was too cold to enjoy outdoor seating, which looked like it wouldve been beautiful. We arrived 20 minutes early, and surprisingly was seated right away. The service was incredible and the food was amazing! My only complaint is that its not so intimate of a setting, or maybe too intimate with the table set up. We felt like we were listening to the other tables conversations next to us and people walking between the tables were almost walking sideways to get by. It wasnt the most romantic setting, but the food and service was great. If we come back again, it'll be in the summer where we can enjoy the outdoor seating, or we'll come in a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience.DaveDined on 11/8/2014Our waiter Chris was very knowledgeable and cordial. Bone -in ribeye was perfect as expected. Wine list was exhausting and sides were amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014The food is delicious and the service is spectacular!Special Features:
- Excellent rib steakMarkersDined on 11/7/2014Steak was tasty, tender and juicy. Good size rib steak. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakdanadewDined on 11/7/2014Everything was delicious and the service was wonderful. Only downside is that it's very crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDineChiVIPDined on 11/7/2014Was a little disappointed with our evening at Cut. The dining room was so crowded--I can appreciate a "lively" scene but waiters were bumping into our chairs and dropping silverware every 5 minutes. Our waiter was an over the top salesmen who rushed us through the entire meal. (When you're spending $200 on a meal you would like to enjoy it.) Food was good but I've had better steak.Special Features:
- DisappointingdailydinerVIPDined on 11/6/2014Overpriced. Rushed service (steaks were served before we were half-way through our salads). Food was just OK. Noisy. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- JR46Dined on 11/5/2014The staff was very friendly and they made our anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 StarschitowngirlDined on 11/4/2014Loved the ambiance....loved the food...loved the service...will definitely go again.Special Features: