Chicago Cut Steakhouse
300 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagocutsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3123291800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chicago Cut Steakhouse is available seven days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner events of ten up to 200 people. Please contact Teri Dasse for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Dasse 3129293570
A word from Chicago Cut Steakhouse
Chicago Cut Steakhouse redefines Chicago's steak-centric dining scene with signature USDA-certified prime beef, which is hand cut and dry aged on site. A variety of made-to-order cuts are joined by eight different fish options, shellfish, chops, an array of hearty side dishes and more on the extensive dinner menu. The restaurant also serves the city's best "power breakfast," as well as a dynamic lunch service featuring carving stations in the bar area with prime rib, ham and turkey. Chicago Cut's expansive surroundings feature a lively bar area framed by dramatic wine display cases; vibrant red velvet banquettes and spacious dining tables; and sweeping views of the Chicago River. A sprawling outdoor patio lining the riverside attracts diners throughout the day and well into the evening. Special touches abound, such as the restaurant's global wine list, which is presented to the guest via an interactive iPad program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chicago Cut Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Chicago Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
567 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (351)scenic view (324)great for outdoor dining (273)notable wine list (230)hot spot (220)fit for foodies (204)romantic (160)good for groups (138)great for lunch (99)vibrant bar scene (98)late-night find (61)great for brunch (60)neighborhood gem (59)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Wine list needs improvement!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2014I have been here many times and love the restaurant, but,...They need to scrap the iPad wine list! After the first (broken) one was replaced the second one was slow and kept going back to the home page. Either eliminate it and go to a traditional sheet or update!!!! It really looks unpolished. And for how busy the place is and the prices they charge, it shouldn't be an issue. It definitely took a bit away from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gizmoVIPDined on 10/29/2014Too noisey, too crowded, too expensive. We did not like the place at all. I felt like we were sitting on top of each other. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Best server I have ever had, made the evening even more memorableSpecial Features:
- birthday treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Chicago cut has some of the best steaks ever. Great place to treat yourself or a loved one on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with a viewGeorgeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent, excellent......breakfast with a view! The food was perfect! The service was outstanding (Jamie) and the view was out of this world. My new favorite place for breakfast. I always go for dinner, but the staff will be seeing me more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014Exceptional service, all aspects of the highest quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food/ambiancePickywickyDined on 10/24/2014We had a stunning table right on the river looking up at the beautifully lit buildings. It couldn't have been more spectacular and we have dined in awesome settings, including the Eiffel Tower overlooking Paris. The waitstaff was attentive but not intrusive, and very helpful. I had the best chilled martini glass ever, and everyone was extremely pleased with the evening. We look forward to returning next time we visit our daughter, coming in from LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!!ChocolateismyfriendDined on 10/24/2014We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful view, fantastic service (thanks, Mike!), and delicious food. Every person we spoke with at Chicago Cut was friendly. Every bite of food was delicious. I can't think of anything negative to say! I'd give it 10 stars if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start the timerRickVIPDined on 10/23/2014I recently had an important dinner at Chicago Cut. Everything started wonderfully with the service. Then, we apparently took too long to eat (90 minutes) and were asked to vacate the table. Leading up to that, every 5 minutes a staff would come by to take one item from the table...a fork, a glass, etc. Clearly they are all about turning over tables. This was a Thursday night. Make a reservation but pay attention to your end time as well. Will never return. Better places worth the money.
- Incredible SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014I've been looking forward to eating here for a long time and it was awesome! Service was impeccable, lamp chops were delicious and sides were great. I highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved almost everythinghuncamuncaDined on 10/22/2014It was very crowded and very loud. My partner and I took her mother out to dinner, and she was overwhelmed by the noise and how packed it is. Otherwise we loved it. Our server was awesome - very attentive, accommodating, flexible, polite, etc. All of the staff were amazing actually. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- personablechicagoloverDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was very personable and pleasant. he was very friendly and made sure we were comfortable. he knew from my reservation that i wanted to try the prime rib and he made sure it was available even before we were seated and met him. prime rib was one of the best i have ever had. i come to Chicago every year and this restaurant will be my new favorite Chicago restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed1DisappointeddinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were seated very quickly. Our server was friendly. 2 of the the 4 steaks had to be sent back. While waiting our wives steaks got cold. The management came over and gave us his business card and one piece of cake to split ? For $500 which incl only 3 cocktails sorry just not worth it. Portions very small..Special Features:
- Best steak in townToutiDined on 10/18/2014The staff were great, the service was impressive, they took care of all the details. Me and my wife liked the place and we would repeat the visit when back to chicago next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageLuv2eatDined on 10/18/2014Service was poor. Our waiter paid more attention to the tables next to us. We felt he was borderline condescending. Food was average - definitely not worth what we paid for.Special Features:
- DreaDreaDined on 10/17/2014Food and service were excellent. A bit of a wait to get a table, with a reservation. Very lively environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Chicago.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We are from Ottawa, Canada, and have visited Chicago once or twice a year for the past 8 years. This has given us the opportunity to dine at most of the popular steak restaurants in the city. This is by far our favourite! We make a point of going back. Exceptional service combined with energetic ambience, and just the best filet mignon that I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Best steak in ChicagoTheHawkDined on 10/17/2014I took my girlfriend here for dinner, and I was astounded by how great it was. The steak was cooked perfectly, the staff was flawless, and the mood was wonderful. It was pricey, but worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but filets overcookedDownhillDined on 10/17/2014Overall, had a great lunch-the lobsterscargot is amazing and one order was fine for the four of us to each have a taste as an appetizer. Tuna and Halibut dishes were outstanding. Two of us had the daily special of trio of filets for lunch and ordered them rare---only one medallion was rare and the other two were medium on both of our plates. Very disappointed. Wine list was excellent---could use a broader and more unique beer selection.Special Features:
- DinnerDabidBDined on 10/16/2014Food just OK. No help with wine list. Seemed more concerned with getting rid of us than helping us.Special Features:
- Chicago Cut A Cut Abovefoodie2VIPDined on 10/15/2014This was my second time dining here. I had reservations but had to eat in the bar because our entire party was not there at the time of reservation, but the staff did a great job accommodating us. The food, the wine the atmosphere was awesome. It was a loud in the resturant but it was energetic. I will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTXEQPDined on 10/13/2014Food order was mixed up and wait staff rushed. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, move alongOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014We were a party of 5 on a Sunday night. I've been here a few times and always leave with the same impression. Although the food is great they just have way too many tables packed into the dining room. You are right on top of the other diners. I was very disappointed in how rushed we were. Plates were cleared before everyone was done, on each course. Particularly disappointing, they took my mothers plate after she had put her last bite of steak on her fork! Literally lifting her fork to her mouth with no plate! Really?! It wasn't that busy by this point, that was unnecessary. It was an expensive meal and we were too rushed, I don't think I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place in Chicagopgr1998VIPDined on 10/11/2014Chicago Cut is far and away the best Restaurant in Chicago. Its superior service, its outstanding food and its breathtaking views of the city cant be matched anywhere in the city. The best experience by far I have had in a restaurant! Matt & David and their staff are very attentive and this only sets the bar higher for the food, but don't worry you will not be disappointed. Every crumb on the plate is perfectly cooked and presented. Their attention to detail and absolute dedication to this restaurant is to be applauded. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time...again...and again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Consistently great food and service. Scenery couldn't be better. For food: go with a steak, truffle potatoes, creamed spinach, and mushrooms....so good! The food is rich....so take your time and enjoy the dining experience.Special Features:
- Mike is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014This steakhouse has it all....I've been for dinner and it's awesome I've been for breakfast and it was awesome. ..Mike was our server and he was a delight. Thank you for great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overhypedunimpressedVIPDined on 10/10/2014This has to be the one of the most overhyped gimmicky restaurants I've been at.. The food was overcooked,way over priced for the quality and the service was below average. The dining experience was similar to eating in the middle of a trading pit. No way to hold a conversation without yelling at the top of your lungs. layout of the restaurant is awful with a large dining area bottlenecked with a narrow entrance. The tables were tiny with a large row in a narrow aisle where the guest in the aisle is constantly being bumped by wait staff and guests navigating the aisle . Not recommended by any stretch
- Great Food / Service a BummerOutandAboutDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner at Chicago Cut Steakhouse last weekend based on an article we'd read that their bacon burger was one of the best in the country. We were not disappointed! The burger and hand cut fries were outstanding. Only downside was the waiter, who was very enthusiastic when he first greeted us, lost all interest once we ordered burgers instead of the more expensive dinners. We never saw him after he took our order until he dropped off the check.Special Features:
- RushedLisaJDined on 10/10/2014This was a great place - food was delicious and served piping hot. If it wasn't for the feeling of being rushed through our meal and rushed away - it would have made our bill feel a little less concerning. Based on the food - the price was fair but customers should be allowed to stay and enjoy what they're paying for. Overall -terrific food but don't come here to enjoy hand holding and talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago CutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent food. Wait staff very attentive and willing to split orders for you ie. huge steaks! The dining room was very loud as it is open concept. They had a nice patio overlooking the river that looked nice but we were unable to experience it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wear earplugs! Noise level LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Overcrowded! Steak was undercooked. Could not talk do to noise level. To many staff squeezed into the isles. Could not even hear the waiter say the specials. very disappointed!Special Features:
- Not a place to go back toCHI1VIPDined on 10/9/2014I think the noice level should have an option - cannot hear the person sitting next to you. Energetic is positive word. When the acoustics are so bad you cannot hear the person next to you there is a problem. The food was overpriced for the quality and presentation. I don't mind paying for great food - but in this case I paid for mediocre food. The filets were about 3ounces after cooking and they arrived solo on a big plate looking burnt. Nothing else was on the plate - pathetic. The waiter was efficient. Everyone in my party felt rushed. He was not personable or engaging at all. We appeared to be a bother. When we asked about dessert he rattled them off so fast I had no idea what he said - so we skipped dessert.
- Good special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary since fulton's on the river closed and it was a good experience. We both felt a little rushed through our meal. The staff was attentive but it was pretty clear they were doing their best to keep us fast and on their pace rather than the other way around. The steaks were phenomenal and the oysters were outstanding. Great wine too. Just wish we had some more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible serviceSuburbaniteDined on 10/8/2014We went to celebrate a family occasion, and experienced very rare service with delicious food. Service was attentive, and meticulous. Share appetizers and side dishes were reportedly served "family style" but the waiter served everyone in our group meticulously portioned individual plates from the sharable dishes. We had a variety of steaks, and each enjoyed our selection very much. They even accommodated special requests on doggy bags. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- oddly charmingBignightoutDined on 10/8/2014At the outdoor tables, the noise from the passing el can be loud but charming in an urban way, and the passing boats on the river are charming. Food was great, generous portions, so I vowed not to have dessert, caved in anyway, and loved the gelato. Fine, personal service.Special Features:
- Home Run!BrianVIPDined on 10/8/2014Cut is one of Chicago's best restaurants. Great food and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPamcapDined on 10/8/2014Everyone should go here ! It was a great meal with great serviceSpecial Features:
- Steak reviewChicago1Dined on 10/4/2014Service by our waiter was outstanding. Went there for steaks and I don't think it was worth it. We try new steakhouses often and this falls into an average visit.Special Features:
- Terrific DinnerDineMaster22Dined on 10/3/2014The dinner was outstanding.... The service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014I would not come back to eat here. We sat right next to where waiters drop off and clear their plates. (Very Noisy) Our steaks arrived before our appetizers only to be sent back. We were told that the same steak would not be sent out. When our steaks were brought out quickly after we were done our appetizers they were cold only to make me feel as though they had been sitting in the kitchen and I was lied to. I cancelled other reservations to come here only to be disappointed. Not the experience you would expect from a high end restaurant.Special Features: