Chicago Cut Steakhouse
300 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagocutsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3123291800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chicago Cut Steakhouse is available seven days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner events of ten up to 200 people. Please contact Teri Dasse for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Dasse 3129293570
A word from Chicago Cut Steakhouse
Chicago Cut Steakhouse redefines Chicago's steak-centric dining scene with signature USDA-certified prime beef, which is hand cut and dry aged on site. A variety of made-to-order cuts are joined by eight different fish options, shellfish, chops, an array of hearty side dishes and more on the extensive dinner menu. The restaurant also serves the city's best "power breakfast," as well as a dynamic lunch service featuring carving stations in the bar area with prime rib, ham and turkey. Chicago Cut's expansive surroundings feature a lively bar area framed by dramatic wine display cases; vibrant red velvet banquettes and spacious dining tables; and sweeping views of the Chicago River. A sprawling outdoor patio lining the riverside attracts diners throughout the day and well into the evening. Special touches abound, such as the restaurant's global wine list, which is presented to the guest via an interactive iPad program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chicago Cut Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Chicago Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
579 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (353)scenic view (336)great for outdoor dining (291)notable wine list (231)hot spot (222)fit for foodies (206)romantic (161)good for groups (141)great for lunch (108)vibrant bar scene (99)late-night find (66)great for brunch (64)neighborhood gem (59)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014We were seated very quickly. Our server was friendly. 2 of the the 4 steaks had to be sent back. While waiting our wives steaks got cold. The management came over and gave us his business card and one piece of cake to split ? For $500 which incl only 3 cocktails sorry just not worth it. Portions very small..Special Features:
- Best steak in townToutiDined on 10/18/2014The staff were great, the service was impressive, they took care of all the details. Me and my wife liked the place and we would repeat the visit when back to chicago next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Service was poor. Our waiter paid more attention to the tables next to us. We felt he was borderline condescending. Food was average - definitely not worth what we paid for.Special Features:
- DreaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food and service were excellent. A bit of a wait to get a table, with a reservation. Very lively environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in Chicago.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014We are from Ottawa, Canada, and have visited Chicago once or twice a year for the past 8 years. This has given us the opportunity to dine at most of the popular steak restaurants in the city. This is by far our favourite! We make a point of going back. Exceptional service combined with energetic ambience, and just the best filet mignon that I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Best steak in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I took my girlfriend here for dinner, and I was astounded by how great it was. The steak was cooked perfectly, the staff was flawless, and the mood was wonderful. It was pricey, but worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but filets overcookedDownhillDined on 10/17/2014Overall, had a great lunch-the lobsterscargot is amazing and one order was fine for the four of us to each have a taste as an appetizer. Tuna and Halibut dishes were outstanding. Two of us had the daily special of trio of filets for lunch and ordered them rare---only one medallion was rare and the other two were medium on both of our plates. Very disappointed. Wine list was excellent---could use a broader and more unique beer selection.Special Features:
- DinnerDabidBDined on 10/16/2014Food just OK. No help with wine list. Seemed more concerned with getting rid of us than helping us.Special Features:
- Chicago Cut A Cut Abovefoodie2VIPDined on 10/15/2014This was my second time dining here. I had reservations but had to eat in the bar because our entire party was not there at the time of reservation, but the staff did a great job accommodating us. The food, the wine the atmosphere was awesome. It was a loud in the resturant but it was energetic. I will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTXEQPDined on 10/13/2014Food order was mixed up and wait staff rushed. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, move alongOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014We were a party of 5 on a Sunday night. I've been here a few times and always leave with the same impression. Although the food is great they just have way too many tables packed into the dining room. You are right on top of the other diners. I was very disappointed in how rushed we were. Plates were cleared before everyone was done, on each course. Particularly disappointing, they took my mothers plate after she had put her last bite of steak on her fork! Literally lifting her fork to her mouth with no plate! Really?! It wasn't that busy by this point, that was unnecessary. It was an expensive meal and we were too rushed, I don't think I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place in Chicagopgr1998VIPDined on 10/11/2014Chicago Cut is far and away the best Restaurant in Chicago. Its superior service, its outstanding food and its breathtaking views of the city cant be matched anywhere in the city. The best experience by far I have had in a restaurant! Matt & David and their staff are very attentive and this only sets the bar higher for the food, but don't worry you will not be disappointed. Every crumb on the plate is perfectly cooked and presented. Their attention to detail and absolute dedication to this restaurant is to be applauded. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time...again...and again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Consistently great food and service. Scenery couldn't be better. For food: go with a steak, truffle potatoes, creamed spinach, and mushrooms....so good! The food is rich....so take your time and enjoy the dining experience.Special Features:
- Mike is awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014This steakhouse has it all....I've been for dinner and it's awesome I've been for breakfast and it was awesome. ..Mike was our server and he was a delight. Thank you for great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overhypedunimpressedVIPDined on 10/10/2014This has to be the one of the most overhyped gimmicky restaurants I've been at.. The food was overcooked,way over priced for the quality and the service was below average. The dining experience was similar to eating in the middle of a trading pit. No way to hold a conversation without yelling at the top of your lungs. layout of the restaurant is awful with a large dining area bottlenecked with a narrow entrance. The tables were tiny with a large row in a narrow aisle where the guest in the aisle is constantly being bumped by wait staff and guests navigating the aisle . Not recommended by any stretch
- Great Food / Service a BummerOutandAboutDined on 10/10/2014We had dinner at Chicago Cut Steakhouse last weekend based on an article we'd read that their bacon burger was one of the best in the country. We were not disappointed! The burger and hand cut fries were outstanding. Only downside was the waiter, who was very enthusiastic when he first greeted us, lost all interest once we ordered burgers instead of the more expensive dinners. We never saw him after he took our order until he dropped off the check.Special Features:
- RushedLisaJDined on 10/10/2014This was a great place - food was delicious and served piping hot. If it wasn't for the feeling of being rushed through our meal and rushed away - it would have made our bill feel a little less concerning. Based on the food - the price was fair but customers should be allowed to stay and enjoy what they're paying for. Overall -terrific food but don't come here to enjoy hand holding and talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago CutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Excellent food. Wait staff very attentive and willing to split orders for you ie. huge steaks! The dining room was very loud as it is open concept. They had a nice patio overlooking the river that looked nice but we were unable to experience it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wear earplugs! Noise level LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Overcrowded! Steak was undercooked. Could not talk do to noise level. To many staff squeezed into the isles. Could not even hear the waiter say the specials. very disappointed!Special Features:
- Not a place to go back toCHI1VIPDined on 10/9/2014I think the noice level should have an option - cannot hear the person sitting next to you. Energetic is positive word. When the acoustics are so bad you cannot hear the person next to you there is a problem. The food was overpriced for the quality and presentation. I don't mind paying for great food - but in this case I paid for mediocre food. The filets were about 3ounces after cooking and they arrived solo on a big plate looking burnt. Nothing else was on the plate - pathetic. The waiter was efficient. Everyone in my party felt rushed. He was not personable or engaging at all. We appeared to be a bother. When we asked about dessert he rattled them off so fast I had no idea what he said - so we skipped dessert.
- Good special occasion spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary since fulton's on the river closed and it was a good experience. We both felt a little rushed through our meal. The staff was attentive but it was pretty clear they were doing their best to keep us fast and on their pace rather than the other way around. The steaks were phenomenal and the oysters were outstanding. Great wine too. Just wish we had some more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible serviceSuburbaniteDined on 10/8/2014We went to celebrate a family occasion, and experienced very rare service with delicious food. Service was attentive, and meticulous. Share appetizers and side dishes were reportedly served "family style" but the waiter served everyone in our group meticulously portioned individual plates from the sharable dishes. We had a variety of steaks, and each enjoyed our selection very much. They even accommodated special requests on doggy bags. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- oddly charmingBignightoutDined on 10/8/2014At the outdoor tables, the noise from the passing el can be loud but charming in an urban way, and the passing boats on the river are charming. Food was great, generous portions, so I vowed not to have dessert, caved in anyway, and loved the gelato. Fine, personal service.Special Features:
- Home Run!BrianVIPDined on 10/8/2014Cut is one of Chicago's best restaurants. Great food and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPamcapDined on 10/8/2014Everyone should go here ! It was a great meal with great serviceSpecial Features:
- Steak reviewChicago1Dined on 10/4/2014Service by our waiter was outstanding. Went there for steaks and I don't think it was worth it. We try new steakhouses often and this falls into an average visit.Special Features:
- Terrific DinnerDineMaster22Dined on 10/3/2014The dinner was outstanding.... The service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014I would not come back to eat here. We sat right next to where waiters drop off and clear their plates. (Very Noisy) Our steaks arrived before our appetizers only to be sent back. We were told that the same steak would not be sent out. When our steaks were brought out quickly after we were done our appetizers they were cold only to make me feel as though they had been sitting in the kitchen and I was lied to. I cancelled other reservations to come here only to be disappointed. Not the experience you would expect from a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Unfortunate Credit Card ScamJohnnyMcDined on 10/2/2014We booked restaurant for a special occasion and unfortunately my credit card got mixed up with another patron with a similar name, and subsequently went "missing" for 10 minutes until they found the other patron. This would not have been a problem except the extraordinary charge on my card I was notified of via email from my credit card company when I got home. The credit card company straightened this out but I was disappointed in the manager of The Cut who told me he would look into and call me right back. Still no call. Obviously, credit card security is not a big issue with the restaurant. Beware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service, but VERY loudBrianVIPDined on 10/2/2014I took clients here for dinner on 10/2 and had an excellent experience. The waiter was fantastic; very knowledgeable, attentive, professional. Service was outstanding all the way around and I had possibly the BEST filet I have every had! Cooked perfectly, VERY flavorful, and I could cut it with a butter knife. Great wine list, but check the vintage closely. The one I selected from the menu did not match what he brought. My only complaint was that we were packed in like sardines and the place was so noisy that I couldn't really talk to my client at the other end of the table and there were only 5 of us. This was my first time here, so I am not sure if this is typical or an anomaly. I will definitely be back and my clients LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outnaiiDined on 9/30/2014I thought this would be an intimate dining but it was loud, very loud I could barely hear the waiter & my companion could not hear anything I was saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jcwell24Dined on 9/30/2014My husband and I went for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Although the atmosphere isn't super romantic because of the noise level, the food and service makes up for it. We both ordered filet mignon and it was seriously the best steaks we've ever had. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food, too loudarod3211Dined on 9/30/2014I came here for a client lunch, and while the food and service were amazing, the noise level made talking very difficult. The tables are very close to each other, which isn't unusual, but the noise level was just too much. If you're going to discuss business, I would suggest going after 1:30 when it settled down a bit. I think I'll reserve CCS for personal outings.Special Features:
- Chicago Cut one of the BEST!myluvaffairwithfoodDined on 9/29/2014I have dined at many of the best steak houses in Chicago while visiting the city on business. Chicago Cut is by far a "cut above". Loved the atmosphere, the service, the food. I will make it a "must do" next time I'm in Chicago and recommend it to friends and colleagues!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of Chicago's Greatest!BdinesVIPDined on 9/29/2014Looking for a place that's both newer & nostalgic, Chicago Cut fits that bill to a T. From our exuberant waiter Justin, comfortable clubby atmosphere, an extensive drink list on Ipad, yet serves the best iced tea (is it lavender?) and coffee in Chicago - dinner was exceptional! Took a friend to celebrate her birthday and Justin did everything to make her feel special, from expert explanations to a dessert gratis of the steakhouse. The delmonico, filet, caeser salad, brussels sprouts, truffled scalloped potatoes, berry cobbler were all excellent. It was an unintended surprise to be seated adjacent to Blackhawk, Andrew Shaw's table!! Just an all-around, absolutely lovely evening of delicious food, wonderful service and fabulous views!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, exceptional serviceTP3850Dined on 9/28/2014The food was excellent! Our waiter, Michael, was top notch! Could not have asked for a more enjoyable meal and Michael took such good care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!onelovezjejDined on 9/26/2014Easily one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago!!! Amazing food, amazing wine, amazing view, amazing service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere onlyunexpectedDined on 9/26/2014The atmosphere was great, the view was great, the service was good, but the food was a total let down. I was so excited to taste the food since it came highly recommended but I've honestly had better food at a chain restaurant, so disappointed.Special Features:
- Among The BestBM5558Dined on 9/26/2014For someone who lives in New York and has been to some of the finest steakhouses Manhattan offers, Chicago Cut rivals any and all of them. You could put this place anywhere and it would probably be one of the best steakhouses that city has. Unbelievable service and food, great setting, just an overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Chicago Cut and could not have been more pleased. Our waiter , Kisong, was perfectly attentive, without being overbearing, helped us select an amazing wine at our price point, and recommended terrific dishes. I had the skirt steak with carmelized onions. It was tasty, perfect temperature and doneness and big enough to take half home! My husband had the filet which was also perfectly cooked and butter-tender. We started with oysters, which were delicious--all with a gorgeous view of the Chicago River. A perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.