Chicago Cut Steakhouse
300 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Chicago Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagocutsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3123291800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am -3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Chicago Cut Steakhouse is available seven days a week for breakfast, lunch & dinner events of ten up to 200 people. Please contact Teri Dasse for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Dasse 3129293570
A word from Chicago Cut Steakhouse
Chicago Cut Steakhouse redefines Chicago's steak-centric dining scene with signature USDA-certified prime beef, which is hand cut and dry aged on site. A variety of made-to-order cuts are joined by eight different fish options, shellfish, chops, an array of hearty side dishes and more on the extensive dinner menu. The restaurant also serves the city's best "power breakfast," as well as a dynamic lunch service featuring carving stations in the bar area with prime rib, ham and turkey. Chicago Cut's expansive surroundings feature a lively bar area framed by dramatic wine display cases; vibrant red velvet banquettes and spacious dining tables; and sweeping views of the Chicago River. A sprawling outdoor patio lining the riverside attracts diners throughout the day and well into the evening. Special touches abound, such as the restaurant's global wine list, which is presented to the guest via an interactive iPad program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chicago Cut Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Chicago Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
607 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (377)special occasion (369)great for outdoor dining (340)notable wine list (234)hot spot (217)fit for foodies (206)romantic (178)good for groups (157)great for lunch (125)vibrant bar scene (104)great for brunch (79)late-night find (75)neighborhood gem (60)kid-friendly (23)Show More
- Best steaks in ChicagodinersVIPDined on 9/19/2014I've been to all the best steak houses in the city and all over the country but I always come back here. The steaks are flaVorful and the portions are generous. The seafood and salads are delicious as well. The cosmos are the best. They have a great wine list. Be prepared to spend $$$ but it's worth it. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014CCS is supposedly the best steakhouse in Chicago by multiple professional and laymen circles. I love steak and have eaten at two to three dozen prime steakhouses all over Chicago, the U.S. and Western Europe. My wife and I were both stunningly underwhelmed by our steaks at the Chicago Cut Steakhouse. My boneless NY Strip and her bone-in Ribeye were both lacking flavor. We ordered medium and got medium-well. My addition of Au Poivre was done recklessly with overloaded seared in black peppercorns (sauce on the said as I requested) turned out to be a huge mistake. The sides of mashed potatoes and fresh corn were delicious. But a $251 tab for two celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary, our home city's premiere steakhouse bombed.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2014I went with three co-workers. We all decided to order different steaks. The bone-in prime rib was everyone's favorite. They seem to roast it then grill it. Tastes like a grilled steak on the outside and prime rib on the inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent everything, los cortes de carne están fabulosos, la sopa de cebollaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014Our to go place for lunch, business dinners and family special occasions. Mattie, and staff always on top of their game, service is outstanding, food fantastic and vibe is up beat and energizing. Power place for lunch, and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little busy for a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014I had pick this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday since neither one of us had been to it. It was on Monday 9/15 and it was quite busy for a Monday but we were seated a couple of minutes before our actual reservation. The noise level was a bit busy but not overwhelming. the food was great. I had the Delmonico Steak because I love the fat flavor of the steak and it was cooked to perfection. I also had their whipped sweet potatoes and they were so creamy and tasty. our server was great and we never had to wait on him or look for him to ask for anything. I think this could be a great romantic place if caught on the right night.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.yumyum23Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I went to Chicago Cut for our one year anniversary- everything from being congratulated on our anniversary as soon as we arrived to the complimentary dessert we received was amazing! We were also lucky enough to be seated by the window overlooking the river. Our server was personable, knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing. Food-wise, I had the butternut squash soup while my husband had the French au gratin- both fantastic. I also had the filet oscar and he had the New York strip- again, both were perfect! It was a perfect place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- First ClassPFoxVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went here for my wife's birthday. Service was impeccable. Unlike most steakhouses doesn't have a staid , old school feeling. Great view of the City. Steaks were spot on. Our server couldn't have been more professional and anticipated our needs. Not a big "meat eater" any more but this is where I will come to get my fix.Special Features:
- New Favorite Brunch Spot!GMG22VIPDined on 9/14/2014We had another fabulous brunch at Chicago Cut last weekend. Beautiful setting, very attentive staff, and great food! (Reasonably priced too.) I would definitely recommend this restaurant - especially before a theatre matinee.
- DottieDottieDined on 9/13/2014The steaks were scrumptious; the service was very good, and we were given a complimentary dessert because we were seated 15 min. after our reservation.Special Features:
- Best steaks in Chicago!Suburbandiner1Dined on 9/13/2014Busy Saturday night had us wait a little past our reservation time but it was worth it! Our server Andrew was wonderful and the food-outstanding is an understatement! Without a doubt-the best steak in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightRichieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have been there many times and this time was for my wife's birthday. Seated as soon a we walk in and bread and water showed up at once. My wife ordered the white fish and said it was the best she ever had. I had a steak and it was out standing. The asparagus was perfect and a nice size portion. The birthday cake they brought was extremely good.Special Features:
- perfect!babyajDined on 9/12/2014Amazing food and ambiance! Everything was on point and fantastic. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for. Fantastic experience and overall quality! Def try their lobster appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super! Service outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/12/2014I took 3 guest who had never been and all three couldn't say enought wonderful things about the wine list, food and service. The lobster appetizer they talked about all weekend including on our plane trip back to Columbus, OhioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014food was extraordinary, never had a steak this good in my life. only downside: very crowded & extremely high noise level - had to shout in order for the waitress to understand us. plus if you'd like to drink more than one glass of wine, order a whole bottle right away - it will definitely be cheaper...Special Features:
- Loud, decent food, bu not greatMrk1743Dined on 9/9/2014Waiter was very nice but the place was jammed and VERY loud. Hot appetizers arrived cold. Steaks were good.....except one of our party's steak was the wrong cut and had to be re-cooked. Sides were just ok. One was never delivered, yet we were charged for it. Waiter did comp dessert for a birthday at our table. A mixed bag....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014They have taken on the Gibsons model of hustling through their patrons despite very high price points. It is the hot place now, they will have a run and then will wonder what happened. felt pushed and hurried, unnecessary. Steaks are decent, but no better than other places.Special Features:
- Best steak dinner!WoodyEngDined on 9/7/2014Medium rare filet was cooked perfectly and could be cut with a fork. Don't shy away from the skirt steak, it was huge and very tasty. Cool iPad bar menu. Only complaint was in the lack of spiced rum, but realized Chicago isn't big on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy outdoor dinner with a view!Carqueen66Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is a must do! Food is amazing...no complaints. I highly recommend the lobsterscargot appetizer, the Oreo/mint pie, and the sea salt caramel ice cream. Mmmmm! My filet was also cooked perfectly and very tender. I highly recommend the outdoor seating when weather permits. The river view makes you truly appreciate this wonderful city. The restaurant is modern and elegant, but tends to draw an older, more professional crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago cut kudosBarbDined on 9/7/2014Went there for a birthday dinner, than 3 days later back for Sunday brunch. The dinner food was incredibly delicious. Had the lobster and beef. The vegetables, sautéed spinach and hash browns were oversized for two, and made to perfection. Sunday brunch, sat outside on the river enjoying the view. Had the crab and avocado appetizer. Both had the split pea soup. Very delicious. Waiters were extremely attentive. Recieved dessert on the house. Enjoyed soaking up the Chicago atmosphere. We think, the place to go in the city.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveKellyDined on 9/7/2014Steaks are really good but very expensive. The view is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Waiter was spot on with suggestions, Food was out of this world. Will definitely return for another mealSpecial Features:
- DisappointedMarcieggVIPDined on 9/6/2014So disappointed with the food and service. We ordered truffle potatoes and didn't care for the over powering taste. We didn't eat them. We mentioned to our waiter, he said" sorry". That was it. Will not go back.
- Brunch was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014We have been for dinner many times but this was the first time we had brunch. It was fantastic and our waiter Brian was great!Special Features:
- Great Location, below average steakfood1lover75Dined on 9/5/2014You can't beat this location. Views of the river are nice. I love a good steak and measure steaks at fine dining restaurants with a ribeye. The steak was ok and that's it. For this level of a restaurant, my expectation was better. The side items, wine and dessert were very good. It's worth trying once unless you hate noise and go on a weekend.Special Features:
- Terri B.TerriBVIPDined on 9/5/2014Another great meal at Chicago Cut. The food is fantastic and the service is just as good. We look forward to coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Amazing Service Great SteakBarnebadasDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at Chicago Cut, 09/05/2014. I mentioned this (wedding anniversary) to staff members, and my wife and I were seated at a great table with a scenic view. We received fantastic and very attentive service. Nemo our waiter was outstanding. Lastly, the food was delicious. My bone in ribeye was cooked perfectly. The mojitos were some of the best we've ever had. This was a very pleasurable dining experience. Can't wait to try breakfast and lunch at Chicago Cut. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Not the place for a good steakIndyn252Dined on 9/5/2014So noisy we could not even think. Except for the meat, all the food was good. However, my 6 oz filet was over cooked. The 8 oz filet had grizzle in it! The prime rib was good but not great. Elliott was a very thoughtful waiter. And all the service people were very good. Will not return to this restaurant nor recommend it to others. We did not feel we got our money's worth.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014waitress gave us a tour of the meat locker - that was great!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Very nice place to eat. Service was great. We showed up an hour earlier than or reservation and the staff were great accommodating us.Special Features:
- Top 10 Steak; Bottom 100 ServiceND99VIPDined on 9/3/2014Steaks: Top 10 in Chicago Sides: average Wine list: decent selection, but ridiculously overpriced (3x-4x retail) I've been here 3 times in the last year. The first time was okay, the 2nd time was really good, and the last time was terrible. I actually had the owner say to me, and I quote: "I'm in business to make money. I can't give away the house. There are no exceptions to this policy," when we asked him to "let" us pay another $25 corkage to open a 2nd bottle of outside wine, since no one told us about their 1-bottle limit before we picked a bottle to open. Save yourself the time and hit up Bavette's, Gibson's, Joe's or David Burke's for a better meal. I'd rather line the pockets of someone less short-sighted and greedy.
- Food and Service was AmazingYumsterDined on 9/3/2014John our server was fantastic and the Steak and Seafood Salads were awesome.Special Features:
- Mmm!meatloverDined on 8/31/2014Delicious food, amazing service, and great experience overall. Gorgeous views of the city make this the ideal spot to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago Cut ReviewmikeanderDined on 8/31/2014We arrived a little early to get a drink at the bar and enjoy the ambience. The bar area was a very poor experience. Took 35 minutes to get drink, despite not being very busy. I asked the waitress twice for a menu, 4 times for a glass of water, and twice for my drink. Very poor show. Fortunately the service in the restaurant was phenomenal, we were given a great table, a lot of help navigating the wine-list, and generally had a fantastic experience. The food was excellent. We had the Lostercargots, Tuna Tartare, both of which were exceptional - the lobstercargots in particular is an unbelievably rich and delicious dish - would come back just for this!!!! Steaks + wine = excellent!Special Features:
- Food and Service equally excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I had the bone in Ribeye and my wife had a filet. Both of our entrees were cooked perfectly. The best steak, and one of the best meals I have had to date. Our server, Jamie made our experience that much better. She made great suggestions (was not pushy) and made us feel special as we were celebrating an anniversary.Special Features:
- Big and TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Delectable steak. The cajun spices are a great touch. Wanted to have dessert but was physically impossible to given the size of the steak I consumed.Special Features:
- Stellar ServiceJinnieDined on 8/31/2014Our server, Holly was absolutely thoughtful and amazing. The food was delicious as well.Special Features:
- BEST BREAKFAST TOO!IndustryVetVIPDined on 8/31/2014I normally dine at Chicago Cut for business lunches or dinners, where the service is excellent. My wife and I tried Chicago Cut for a Sunday breakfast--it was one of the best breakfasts we have had. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014tables are too close together and way too loud. wait staff had to keep bumping into patrons to serve other tables. we could not have conversations, which made the overall experience less than enjoyable.
- My Favorie Chicago Steak HouseEddyBDined on 8/27/2014A bit expensive but in my opinion the best steakhouse in Chicago. The patio views of the city and river are breath taking. The dry age steaks are incredible and the scene at the bar is energetic to say the least. The quality of the meats pust Gibsons wet aging to shame.. My wife perfers seafood and in her opinion the quality eqauls the meat..Special Features: