569 High Street
Westwood, MA 02090Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiarabistro.com/
- Phone: 7814618118x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-8:30 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-8:30pm
Tue-Thur: Lounge & Bar menu 4:30-10:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30- 9:00 pm
Fri-Sat: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-11:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Steve LaCount, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chiara is available for daytime events including meetings, showers, bereavement gatherings and luncheons; our team is also available for catering events in your home.
- Special Events: Please check our website: www.chiarabistro.com for special events.
A word from Chiara Bistro
Chiara is downtown dining in the suburbs. Conveniently located just 1.5 miles off exit 16B Rte. 128 on Rte. 109 in Westwood. Chiara offers outstanding seasonal selections of authentic Italian, French, Spanish and other Mediterranean cuisines. An excellent selection of unusual wines are offered along with a highly creative menu of seasonal cocktails. www.chiarabistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Chiara Bistro - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Chiara Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (53)romantic (31)notable wine list (21)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WezieDined on 8/30/2014took friends for their first visit. They loved it, as we always do when we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server not helpfulLaineyDined on 8/24/2014Server gave 5 of us 2 of the specials menus. It was for barbecue which none of us wanted. After we ordered, I saw that the back of the specials menu had Price fixed dinners plus wine for $38/58. I asked server " why didn't you tell us?". He said "the menu is too confusing with all of those choices"!! This was very annoying, since we had same food as on price fixed. Server made no effort to combine our orders into that menu, even though 4 of our entrees were specials. I left feeling that we had greatly overpaid for what should have been the fixed price menu.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerluv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Tried Chiara for the first time for a birthday celebration and was happy with the choice. Great food, nice setting and terrific service. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- DinnerDindinDined on 8/23/2014Halibut and pork tenderloin were great. The spinach salad was awesome and the steak tartare was tasty, as well. The mussels were fresh, but the sauce was unremarkable. All in all a great experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wine Tasting before dinnerAnnacabanaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We are regulars at Chiara Bistro, so we decided to attend the wine tasting then dine on Wednesday. I always order the spinach salad with a perfect egg and lardons. The wine selections are varied and we loved the wine at the tasting, so the chef scored a bottle (not on the wine list) for us to enjoy with our dinner. From my calamari to my husband's Steak Tartare, all was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food a bit priceybillVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were seated promptly. It was very cold. the AC was blasting. Server brought a throw over for my daughter and it was explained that it gets hot in the restaurant and the AC circulation poor. Asked the waitress for some details about 2 wines and we chose a very good bottle (mid priced). Waitress was excellent. The servers were a bit overzealous, returning to fill water glasses after only a few sips so kind of bothersome. the food for the most part was very good. Steak dish, scallop dish and burger all very good including sides. Shrimps in the salad tasted chemically and while edible wasn't terribly pleasant (let waitress know). deserts were good. over $200+ tip for 4 entrees, 2 deserts and a very good mid price wine.
- Best Best Best WonderfulgoodDined on 8/19/2014We were sat very promptly with an ever so friendly hostess at the perfect table facing the open Kitchen ! Greeted by the server who was outstanding and not overly friendly at same time. Amazing and exciting wine and cocktail list, my guest had calamari perfectly cooked and I had the french onion soup delightful. I had the scallops for my entree, recommended by our excellent waiter!! I don't know how they do it but they were the best I have ever tasted, cooked to perfection served over a cucumber cous cous. The owner and his wife came by our table to check in on our dinner which was a great touch and something you don't see a lot of anymore. Keep up the great work Chiara, I will let all my friends know about this wonderful place.Special Features:
- The chef understands flavorsfsteeleVIPDined on 8/19/2014This bistro is not run of the mill. The food and ingredients are excellent and evince the care and preparation needed to meld flavors properly. Friendly staff and quiet atmosphere, something that is rare today but essential to a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Saturday DinnerWestwoodMaxineDined on 8/10/2014When we sat down, they gave us two different menus - one was out of date and they had forgotten to check their menu stock. I chose the pork porterhouse and although the meat was tender, it had very little flavor - pork is bland to begin with and needs something tangy to set it off. It was served on top of creamed corn - not the best combination! This is an expensive restaurant and I would have preferred a healthier side dish than the creamed corn. My companion chose the scallops which she said were quite good.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceEssenGadenkDined on 8/7/2014This was my first time at Chiara Bistro. It was amazing. The food and service were extraordinary. I had the lollichop appetizer which was the best lamb chop I have ever eaten. The angus beef burger was delicious and the sea salt and horseradish fries were out of this world. I can't wait to go back again. Everyone, including the owner, was welcoming, professional and pleasant--everyone making sure that we had a positive experience. What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1diningdancerDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent. Staff was courteous, waiter was attentive. There were many entrees to choose from, and the food was attractively arranged and absolutely delicious. I have been dining at Chiara Bistro ever since it was recommended to me several years ago, and every meal has been a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMangiareDined on 7/26/2014Set in the suburbs and a a great menu. Homemade and fresh ingredients. Friendly and welcoming staff and vibe. Great place to try!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceFoodoodleDined on 7/24/2014The service was terrible and the restuarant did not care . Worst service I have had in a decade
- adventurousdinersVIPDined on 7/18/2014The hostess was unfriendly and we did not feel welcome until the young man delivering the bread warmly welcomed us. Our server was very kind and picked up on the fact that we were not in a hurry and did not wished to be rushed through the meal. His timing was very good. The food was presented nicely and was good, but lacked flavor. For instance, the mussels' broth was lacking garlic or something. The mussels were cooked perfectly, but the broth lacked flavor. The striped bass had the same issue. The grilled shrimp salad was very good. The shrimp were large, grilled well, and had a nice kick. I wish the salad had more than a few strands of pickled onion and they left out the avocado. We'd give it another try if in the area.Special Features:
- A rare poor experienceCallistoVIPDined on 7/16/2014So sad to give this review as we like Chiara very much usually. Unfortunately, our waitress totally forgot about us. Initially, it was that bread was not even brought to the table after the maître D served our wine, then she totally forgot to put in our orders - we waited nearly an hour before all this was figured out. Everyone was very gracious and apologetic - they packaged our dinner to go home (and comped us the entrees) because we could not stay. Don't know why this happened - very out of character.Special Features:
- Solid choice for suburbiaHobeDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Chiara several times and it is always a reliable treat. The food is consistently excellent, and the food and drink menus are always varied. For a suburban restaurant, this is about as good as you can find. In our most recent visit, the server was a bit more opinionated than we would have expected on certain dishes and wines and couldn't answer several basic questions (what's in the dip for the bread) - service has been better in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect!BelgiumVIPDined on 7/11/2014In fact I have nothing to add to the review title. Our guest, visiting from Belgium, was afterwards very happy with our choice of Chiara Bistro for dinner. This is top kitchen, top service, top friendliness, top management.Special Features:
- Dinner was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Chiara consistently delivers a very tasty meal. The food is always fresh and expertly prepared. Artic char with risotto was outstanding! Salad with grilled shrimp was also excellent.Special Features:
- Another great mealfood4meVIPDined on 7/8/2014We always love Chiara Bistro, and our last visit was no exception. The menu has a wide variety of choices, and each dish has its own special character. I had the gazpacho and ravioli, and was in heaven!Special Features:
- Our experience varied from mostSharmichDined on 7/3/2014I can see why this charming restaurant would be a favorite and so highly rated. However, our experience was a little different and maybe that was due it being July 3. I watched our drinks ready at the bar for quite some time before our waiter walked over and looked at them and the slip and walked away. Later rather than sooner someone noticed they'd been sitting there for quite a while (like ice melting time) and brought them over. The calamari had a nice flavor but a little greasy. The baked stuffed lobster was so greasy with butter and basically crackers with a small side of lobster. Husband's fish was just good. The waiter again had problems with getting a glass of wine to the table before we were nearly finished. Won't be back.
- Consistently WonderfulSallyDined on 6/29/2014Chiara is consistently excellent, and my last visit with three other individuals was no exception. The menu is creative with many appealing options. All enjoyed their appetizer and dinner choices and rated the food wonderful. We hope to return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!BirthdayGirl3Dined on 6/28/2014My husband brought me here for my birthday dinner - we had drinks at the bar while we waited for our table. The service was excellent and the food was beyond delicious. We will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous (we've already been back)foodforthoughtDined on 6/27/2014Chiara is fabulous, I am not sure there is any other way to describe it. My mother came in from out of town so she and I went here on Friday. We enjoyed it so much we brought my husband here on Sunday. The cocktails are refreshing, the appetizers mouth watering, and the entrees- I haven't words left. My husband said "if we could afford it, I'd come here every week." Just go there!Special Features:
- Great Meal at ChiarabriozVIPDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Chiara, with attentive service. We started with appetizers--my partner got the fried clams which were a bit greasier than we like but good nonetheless. I got the lobster slider, which was outstanding. The lobster was very fresh and flavorful and the presentation was beautiful. I then got the Artic char, which came with a pea risotto--excellent. My partner got the striped bass and said it was wonderful. The only item which was not quite up to the quality of the rest of the meal was the dessert we shared--it was listed as a chocolate chiffon cake but was much denser than expected and not what I would consider anything special. However, overall I thought the meal was wonderful and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Never disappointskotooleVIPDined on 6/18/2014Enjoyed dinner here after a wine tasting that the restaurant sponsored, which in itself is always fun and informative. I had the grilled shrimp served in a salad and it was scrumptious. The shrimp had been blackened just the right amount. My husband had one of the evening specials which was duck and he thought it was delicious. ALWAYS has an interesting menu and never disappoints.Special Features:
- A favoritepicky1Dined on 6/15/2014Consistently good food, wine and specialty cocktails, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersXDined on 6/13/2014Our third visit. The food remains outstanding with friendly and helpful wait staff. The menu has something for all. Menu pricing is fair and consistent with high quality food, well-prepared. The wine list is very good with fairly-priced bottles. We enjoy returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Fabulousa018428Dined on 6/6/2014I have been been to Chiara several times and it never disappoints. The food is amazing, the service is spot on and very friendly. The bar area was recently updated which makes more inviting to meet friends for a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBradDined on 6/4/2014Chiara is one of the places that you can always count on. The menu is creative for foodies but there's "safe" items for conservative diners. The food is always first rate. The preparation is first rate. The service is professional. And the ambience is appropriate. The acoustics are sufficient to mask a loud group in the bar area. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never fails at ChiaraBCD04Dined on 6/4/2014I love this place! Small and intimate, Chiara has a great vibe with an outstanding wine and cocktail list. The service is always good...the bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable. Did I mention the food? Apps, Small Plates and great Entrees. I love Chiara!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I went backOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2014This is an update from my review on 7/27/13. Took us a while, but we finally made it back to Chiara. The food remains great, and I was happy that the service this time around was much more attentive. Overall speed/flow of the meal was much improved. We will return.Special Features:
- DeliciousAnneDined on 5/30/2014I wanted to celebrate my mother's visit from Belgium with a remarkable dinner experience. Chiara Bistro was the excellent choice: delicious prepared plates in a cosy setting. We absolutely enjoyed the special of the day: duck. The chocolate cake was one to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingPatathomeDined on 5/28/2014Chiara has a relaxed, casual atmosphere. It was easy to hold a conversation. The menu was also inviting. We found a number of dishes we would have ordered. The owner was at the desk when we left and introduced himself to us - a nice touch.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience all aroundCardeetooDined on 5/20/2014The food, ambiance and service were notable. I enjoyed a leisurely dinner with my sister in an atmosphere that had great energy. Our waiter was friendly and funny but unobtrusive when we wanted to just linger and talk. The food was beautifully presented and uniquely flavorful. I was sorry I didn't have room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedShellyVIPDined on 5/18/2014We ended up sitting near the bars, Chiara has greatly expanded its bar menu - the calamari, the gnocchi & meatballs are great to share with a small group. The cocktails are fantastic ..try the lemon martini. The service was great, unlike other restaurants, they let you linger and enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Best Visit YetReggieDined on 5/17/2014Chiara is our go-to restaurant for special occasions and when guests come to visit. This recent dinner was, I think, our best one yet. The duck confit wontons were perfect and the lamb lollichop pleased the guests. They thought lamb could not be better until the rack of lamb special arrived and it delivered. I had the organic pork porterhouse steak and I don't think I've had a better entree at Chiara. Desserts and coffee topped off a great meal. They sat us at the back so noise level was lower than normal. We'll be back soon, and I'm happy to see the pork porterhouse on the regular menu. Steve was his usual gracious self with a visit to our table.Special Features:
- chiaraOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014the food was very good. The service was okay. The only negative would be the amount of wine in a glass. Other restaurants give a larger amount for the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Have lived in a neighboring town for 10 years, and just found this place on Open Table. Great find! We had dinner on a Friday with a couple of friends and the food was great. We ordered the Arctic Char and the Monkfish. Both dishes were prepared to perfection with great presentation. As a appetizer, we had the calamari and mussels. both were great starters to the meal. Food was reasonably priced for the quality. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicegoogooVIPDined on 5/8/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, and the restaurant was not very crowded. Hostess was talking with a server at the host stand. Both looked at us as we entered but neither acknowledged our presence. After a few minutes, another server said someone would be right with us. More waiting. Hostess came over and we gave her our name. As she grabbed the menus, she chatted with a bartender. Walked to our table without speaking to us. Server was good at first, food came out quickly and as ordered. When we declined dessert and he cleared our plates, no check for ten minutes. We asked for the check. He left and came back without it, going to every table but ours. Long story short, paying our bill took 20 mins after food was cleared. Wont return.
- The following 1145 reviews are from the Chiara Bistro reviews archive.
- Chic and cozyDmfloVIPDined on 5/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised that the owner personally greeted us. The staff was polite and attentive. The food was delicious and fairly priced. We will definitely be back!!Special Features: