569 High Street
Westwood, MA 02090Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiarabistro.com/
- Phone: 7814618118x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-8:30 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-8:30pm
Tue-Thur: Lounge & Bar menu 4:30-10:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30- 9:00 pm
Fri-Sat: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-11:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Steve LaCount, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chiara is available for daytime events including meetings, showers, bereavement gatherings and luncheons; our team is also available for catering events in your home.
- Special Events: Please check our website: www.chiarabistro.com for special events.
A word from Chiara Bistro
Chiara is downtown dining in the suburbs. Conveniently located just 1.5 miles off exit 16B Rte. 128 on Rte. 109 in Westwood. Chiara offers outstanding seasonal selections of authentic Italian, French, Spanish and other Mediterranean cuisines. An excellent selection of unusual wines are offered along with a highly creative menu of seasonal cocktails. www.chiarabistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Chiara Bistro - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Chiara Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (46)romantic (31)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best Visit YetReggieDined on 5/17/2014Chiara is our go-to restaurant for special occasions and when guests come to visit. This recent dinner was, I think, our best one yet. The duck confit wontons were perfect and the lamb lollichop pleased the guests. They thought lamb could not be better until the rack of lamb special arrived and it delivered. I had the organic pork porterhouse steak and I don't think I've had a better entree at Chiara. Desserts and coffee topped off a great meal. They sat us at the back so noise level was lower than normal. We'll be back soon, and I'm happy to see the pork porterhouse on the regular menu. Steve was his usual gracious self with a visit to our table.Special Features:
- chiaraOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014the food was very good. The service was okay. The only negative would be the amount of wine in a glass. Other restaurants give a larger amount for the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Have lived in a neighboring town for 10 years, and just found this place on Open Table. Great find! We had dinner on a Friday with a couple of friends and the food was great. We ordered the Arctic Char and the Monkfish. Both dishes were prepared to perfection with great presentation. As a appetizer, we had the calamari and mussels. both were great starters to the meal. Food was reasonably priced for the quality. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicegoogooVIPDined on 5/8/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, and the restaurant was not very crowded. Hostess was talking with a server at the host stand. Both looked at us as we entered but neither acknowledged our presence. After a few minutes, another server said someone would be right with us. More waiting. Hostess came over and we gave her our name. As she grabbed the menus, she chatted with a bartender. Walked to our table without speaking to us. Server was good at first, food came out quickly and as ordered. When we declined dessert and he cleared our plates, no check for ten minutes. We asked for the check. He left and came back without it, going to every table but ours. Long story short, paying our bill took 20 mins after food was cleared. Wont return.
- Chic and cozyDmfloVIPDined on 5/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised that the owner personally greeted us. The staff was polite and attentive. The food was delicious and fairly priced. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Why?eatorbeeatenDined on 5/2/2014Hard to imagine why this restaurant is so highly regarded. Food was definitely so-so and the drinks pretty much the same. It's in a glorified strip mall. Calamari appetizer was the high point. The steak was gristly, the fries unimpressive, and the "pork porterhouse" was served sitting in a puddle of runny creamed corn. Was it supposed to be a sauce, or was it a vegetable? The accompanying onion rings, damp and flavorless, had us wishing for something better, like from almost any fast-food joint. The creme brulee tasted good, at least, although it was also notably runny. But the flavor almost redeemed what was a meal not to be remembered. The servers were attentive.
- FoodieGirlVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great hidden gem. The food is always consistently good and I do love it when they are on Boston's restaurant week too! My husband started with the onion soup which is always a classic. Both of us ordered the pork porterhouse chop and it was delicious! I do have to say there is a male server there who does not smile and doesn't really make you feel welcome. When my husband asked what the specials were, he said "They are over there on that sheet." When we asked about a Pinot Noir that was on their list, he said "I don't know I haven't tried it." Although he did let me try a sip first before we ordered our wine, I thought it was odd he knew nothing about it. Overall I love this place but that server is not my fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chiara bistro in Mayfoodiex2VIPDined on 4/25/2014As always, we had a great meal at Chiara Bistro. We were there with some friends and unlike past visits we were only looking for an entrée and a chance to relax and visit. I had the Grilled Shrimp salad - 6 very large grilled shrimp, with peaches (not very ripe but it is April, after all), avocado, and assorted other goodies. The asparagus was missing but otherwise quite good. We also had the two fish dishes - well cooked and quite tasty, and the special venison which was quite good. Service was slow that night, but I must say that is unusual for this bistro. We didn't really mind because we were really looking to hang out and visit, and we had a good chance to do that. I will continue to go back to this spot on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for husbandReturnDinerWFriendsDined on 4/22/2014It's a familiar routine in our household- a birthday or other event is celebrated at Chiara. Last night did not disappointment when I took my husband out to dinner. Today, we repeated the mantra, "boy, I love that place". Great service by the hostess and the very nice waitstaff. Menu completely revised with springtime and greens evident. For apps, I had the light mushroom arancini, an innovation on the usual tomato based version, and husband had his favorite lamb meatballs with olives. My dinner was the spring asparagus salad, his choice was sirloin. We both devoured the skinny green beans. Instead of cake, he had the creme brulee, with flawless crunchy top. My rhubarb/orange biscuit was sweet and tangy, an imaginative finish.Special Features:
- great as alwaysspdinnerDined on 4/18/2014Ive been to chiara so many times and its consistently great. The food is the best in the area, the staff is so fun and friendy. We always bump into friends here and always agree its the best spot around. Cozy and delish, love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Never had a bad meal there. Every good with my food allergy in that they take it into account and still make a great tasting dish. Sign of a great chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to Chiara with threedinerDined on 4/4/2014I went to Chiara with three friends for the first time. I found it to be a great experience. One of our party was wheelchair confined. The restaurant was accessible and we were seated immediately at a table which easily accommodated her wheelchair. Our waiter was terrific! Many good recommendations, great sense of humor, helped to make the experience more fun. The food was great! The scallop special was yummy and perfectly cooked. I skipped dessert but my friends gave it rave reviews. The only down side was a VERY noisy party of 6 which were seated right next to us about halfway through our meal. They were so loud that we could no longer easily communicate with each other. Not the restaurant's fault, but it did sort of dampen our enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceGStevensDined on 3/30/2014This was our first time to Chiara and it won't be our last. Food was salty but very good, service was friendly and spacious,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014I thought the service was good...kind of on the slow side but waiter was very nice and did all the right things. As far as the food goes, it was loaded in grease. Our calamari appetizer was by far the worst calamari that I have ever tried. I would have sent it back but my husband is too nice. It was swimming a bowl of grease, was over fried and tasted really bad. I also ordered the salmon for dinner, which was a very nice piece of fish but was set atop a yogurt sauce that completely overpowered the whole dish. My side of kale was also swimming in oil. My husband got the mushroom ravioli and he thought is was ok. Chocolate mousse dessert was mediocre. Very expensive for the quality of food. Would not return.
- Look forward to returningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014Warm, friendly and inviting.seated by the executive chef who was very personable and welcoming. He came back , chatted about wines and paring. Waiter knowledgeable about menu and aimed to please. Food selections excellent and delicious. Couldn't have had a better time. This was our second visit and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- disappointedjiminyDined on 3/23/2014My request for NOT sitting near the kitchen was ignored. There were only two other tables closer........It was very noisy since it was such an open space where we were seated. The people were very nice and gave attention to my cast on my right arm. I will only go again if I am seated NOT near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2014We go here often and it is always excellent! The food is the best in our area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great/Service DeplorableFoodFanVIPDined on 3/21/2014I'm a big fan of Chiara, so I hate to write a negative review. However, my wife and I went there this past Friday evening with another couple. We were seated at our reserved time and placed our order relatively quickly. Once our waitress put in our order, we rarely saw her for the rest of the evening. After waiting over 45 minutes for our main courses to arrive, we asked our waitress if our food would be coming soon. Her response was "yes, your dinners will be coming soon" in an extremely condescending and sarcastic manner. No apologies, no recognition that the kitchen was backed up. Frankly, it ruined what could have been an excellent dining experience for all of us.
- Fully confirmed our expectationsBelgiumVIPDined on 3/21/2014Based on our 1st visit, we went back to try some other items on the menu. Great, wonderful, delicious! We're sure now, after only 2 visits we know this is one of our few favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D' lovely and d' lightful1ValleyGuyDined on 3/21/2014As usual, it was a delightful experience; a bit noisy for the four (4) of us, but that is to be expected on a wintry Restaurant Week Friday night. But, as usual, it was a delightful evening at Chiara's... Managing and operating a top rate restaurant is a demanding business with many types of people to please, but Chiara's is done with a talented and attentive staff and most importantly with an excellent Chef and kitchen team...DaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Neighborhood Gem Chiara BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2014We love the classy but informal atmosphere of Chiara Bistro. We live five minutes from our neighborhood gem. The atmosphere is friendly and there is a little lounge with soft chairs and couches in front of a fireplace to have drinks and hors d'oeuvres or a light dinner. The bar is always a busy friendly scene. The food is always delicious and artistically presented. The wait staff is professional and friendly. Chef creates each dish with love and respect for the food and diners. Chiara has free and upscale wine tastings about once a month. The wines are excellent and the hors d'oeuvres are gourmet, salamis, fancy cheeses, dried fruits and olives accompany the wines. Sign up to receive reminders for their wine tastings and other events!Special Features:
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014Went to Chiara during Dine out Boston week. Menu was choices were good. It was a bit confusing because we thought we could choose a three course meal and dessert but it was a two course meal and a dessert option. Food portion was just right. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhjconroDined on 3/19/2014I was disappointed with the service. Extremely slow. Both the food was backed up in the kitchen and the waitress was inattentive. I had the cod entree. It tasted reheated and not fresh. I mean it was fine, but i don't spend that much money on food often and it was not worth the price. (I went during restaurant week, so i suppose it would normally be less crowded, have better service, and have the food under a heat lamp)Special Features:
- Welcome!DnmrjDined on 3/18/2014Chiara is a very comfortable, welcoming spot. It was clear that on a Tuesday night it was the place to be for the local crowd. The bartender even seemed to know what drink people wanted before it was ordered. The hostess was very gracious, the service excellent, and the food eclecticly unique; very creative and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Wonderful atmosphere!LpastDined on 3/18/2014Great food! Wonderful atmosphere! An enjoyable evening after a stressful day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill?OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014We have always loved the ambiance and drinks here. Food seems to have gone downhill- service this time was very disappointing. Very inattentive, waited a long time for food and some embarrassing moments with service. We. Hope it improves as we love the location, drinks and ambiance.
- DELICIOUSCane1999Dined on 3/15/2014As always, the food and the service was awesome. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a unique dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food fair serviceKerryberiDined on 3/14/2014Chiara has fantastic food and that's what keeps us coming back. The service however is always subpar. We are NEVER acknowledged right away. When the hostess finally moves on to us, we are greeted and seated in a cold robotic way. Service was poor all night - I had to beg for a second glass of wine and our dessert arrived and sat for 5 mins because we had no silverware! And this service experience is similar to the last three times we've been. However, food was outstanding. Duxbury oysters, shrimp salad, pumpkin gnocchi and steak frites are all perfect. This place is already somewhat of a local hotspot but their service levels are holding them back. Get that together and you'll have a top notch restaurant with no reservations to be had!Special Features:
- Loved itrcnorfolkDined on 3/9/2014Relatively small menu for food artfully prepared with great attention to detail, flavor, and diversity. This was our second visit and we were very pleased with both dining experiences. Excellent wait staff. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, pretty noisyFoodieWestDined on 3/8/2014Our food was great, our waiter was fantastic, the place was hopping'. Only two things kept me from upping my stars. The bartender seemed overwhelmed (very slow to get a simple glass of wine and to return change), and the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So want to keep this place a secretBruinsRuleVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great, I mean GREAT, neighborhood restaurant. I've dined here several times & it is consistenty excellent. Starting with the bar, they have some very creative gin, vodka, & whiskey infusions to either drink straight up or in cocktails. They also have a solid craft beer line-up. Food quality is tremendous. Cuisine is Contemporary Classic American. Many dishes start with a traditional base, which the chef modifies into a deliciously complex dish. Appetizer of pumpkin gnocchi with pork confit was perfect. French Onion Soup was well executed, with a refreshing sweetness. Monkfish entree special was outstanding. Pan Seared Scottish Salmon off the menu was also excellent. Chevre Cheescake is my go to dessert for its texture and tangy bite.Special Features:
- We visited Chiara for my husband'sMiltonDinerDined on 3/1/2014We visited Chiara for my husband's birthday. After we placed our order, we never saw our server again. I had to ask the busboy twice for our check.
- Excellent dinner with a friendSammyBDined on 2/27/2014Food was outstanding. Attentive not overbearing service. Enough background noise to make it feel fun and lively without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodBobTDined on 2/27/2014We have never had a bad dinner at Chiara's. The food is always delicious and well presented. I gave the wait staff four stars since our waiter seemed anxious for us to leave and didn't offer to refill our coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2014Everything was excellent. Food was good and good value although the menu is limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodchartDined on 2/22/2014A real discovery. The owner was present at all times overseeing food preparation, service and presentation. The food is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthwhile experiencewarrensVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have a yearly dinner with special friends. I always pick the restaurant and this years choice, Chiara Bistro, was one of the best I've made. The service was excellent, the food outstanding and the attention paid to us by the owner and his wife was greatly appreciated. It will be on our list of favorites to dine at in the futureSpecial Features:
- Just perfectBelgiumVIPDined on 2/22/2014RESPECT! Excellent, superb, sublime. Strong involvement from the owners/management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectauntiesharDined on 2/19/2014Friendly staff.Knowledgeable staff.Relaxing atmosphere.Hidden gem! Delucious everytime, every dish, every app, every sip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent food...1ValleyGuyDined on 2/16/2014During the greater Boston snow period Chiara's served its usual fine food. The fireplace and bar scene were a delightful location to wait for our reservation to popup. Even the owner's were working to assist the staff during the snow period on a Sunday evening. Server staff or maybe the kitchen were slow, but we waited a little over 20 minutes from ordering time before our food finally arrived; plus, I had to track down the server to ask for an additional drink for the other person at our table...but, it was the nicely prepared food we are used to at Chiara's. DaveSpecial Features: