Chianti Il Ristorante
18 Division Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Il Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantiristorante.com/
- Phone: 5185800025x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens daily at 4:30. Happy Hour running until 6pm daily
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizio Bazzani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8776494371
- Special Events: Chianti's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. With seating for up to 32 guests our beautifully appointed and private La Porta Santa Room comes fully equipped with a screen and projector. Bordered by our extensive wine collection and featuring a large window that offers a rare viewpoint of Chianti's bustling kitchen area, the La Porta Santa Room provides an ideal venue for small gatherings, celebrations, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and private cooking classes. When you host a private event at Chianti, we will assist you in the selection of a unique menu complemented by wines from our award winning wine list. At Chianti, we are dedicated to creating the perfect setting, distinctive experience and authentic cuisine to best suit your individual taste and that of your guests.
A word from Chianti Il Ristorante
Situated in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a welcoming and knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience. Aesthetically inspiring, its rustic walls, hard wood floors and green onyx bar invoke the authenticity of conventional Italian architecture while remaining slightly modern. The culinary philosophy at Chianti is based on a respect for tradition. With artisan breads and pastas, housemade sausage and braised meats it is culinary craftsmanship at its best. Our guests have the chance to savor fresh food, from a selection of expertly-sliced carpaccio, to a variety of wild fish, to risotto that is made only with Vialone Nano rice grown exclusively in Italy's Venetto region. "The hottest restaurant in town." The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Chianti Il Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Chianti Il Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (98)special occasion (90)romantic (73)vibrant bar scene (72)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (68)hot spot (67)good for groups (54)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- WonderfulmacncheeseDined on 9/21/2014We went to Chiantis for my husbands birthday. It was our first time there and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- good food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We sat in the back dining room, 4 people. When the room filled, it became almost impossible to have a conversation. The hard materials used in flooring, ceiling, no table cloths, and size of the room were factors. The manager came over after dinner, and we made him aware, and he acknowledged the problem. We told him we weren't having dessert specifically because of this. No offer of a drink, or any real apology about the fact that we were aborting the dining experience there due specifically to the noise. I told him that we had requested the main dining room and hadn't been seated there. His reply was, it's no better there. I disagree-- when we walked through that room on the way out, it was noticably less noisy.
- Bravissimo!RestaurantMadDined on 9/13/2014Chianti remains a favorite, not losing anything as the years go by. Excellent and creatively prepared food, brilliant service, and out standing wine list. The only problem you might encounter is this - you don't choose to eat there. That would be your loss, do go - it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!EastchesterDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of five last Saturday Evening. Everyone enjoyed their meal from start to finish! All of the courses were outstanding all the way from the apps to desert! The wait staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome! We had a mini family reunion of sorts that night with plans to return in 1 Year! We will stop at Chianti when we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night OutFoodieDined on 9/12/2014We love Chiantis for their food and wine. But the the noise level does tend to get a bit high when the place is busy. With that said, we will be looking forward to our next visit in October on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014It would be a big improvement to install a noise suppression system. Other than that it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all around great experienceTopoloneDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I will continue to eat at Chiantes, we have eaten here many times always ordering new dishes to explore the menu and have always been extremely happy with the food. The staff is too notch, professional and friendly with much knowledge to offer guests about the great daily specials and unique wine selection and pairings. A premier restaurant in Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/3/2014Dined on September 3rd (after track season) and was really surprised at how slow the service was. We have never had this experience before at this fabulous restaurant. As always, the food was very good. Other tables arrived after us and were served before us. We didn't order anything complicated. Must have waited 30-35 minutes between app and entrée. Total time from reservation to leaving almost 2 hours. No real explanation from the wait staff other than "it will be coming soon". Interestingly, they didn't even ask if we wanted a second drink while we waited. Hope this isn't something new at a restaurant that usually gets it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better if quieterBeachcomberVIPDined on 9/1/2014If you want to talk, someplace else is better. Good food and service, a bit slow in the kitchen. The special (pork osso busso) came out cold wIth soggy sides. But they replaced it, on request, with an excellent version. The food can be very good, if you request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chianti Il RistoranteBB57Dined on 9/1/2014Dining experience was enjoyable as long as you dont mind the noise. The apps where very good while the entrees where ok. Also be prepared to wait for food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014Don't miss out out on this great place. Always worth the visit if you are new to Saratoga or from the area.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMadinerDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was like visiting a top dining destination in the North End of Boston. Excellent food, however it was the service that made it most memorable and truly outstanding. cant' wait for next august!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014The night before dropping our Freshman off at Skidmore we decided to try Chianti - and are all extremely glad we did! Everything was amazing - the food, the service and the ambiance! We look forward to going back again and again. Make reservations early - this place books up quickly!Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Lake George and always choose Chiantis as our favorite meeting place with friends from the Capital District area.Special Features:
- DeeCappyDeeCappyDined on 8/29/2014Simply the finest Italian restaurant in the entire capital district of NY.Special Features:
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had another great dining experience at Chianti Il. John's service was excellent and his explanations of menu items was terrific. From appetizers to dessert, everything was delicious. He helped us with our wine selection which added to our enjoyment of the food. The manager came over a couple of times to explain a delay in the kitchen and later to ensure we were happy with our meals. We appreciated his concerns. We're looking forward to our next dinner at Chianti Il.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JeffDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining at Chianti with friends of ours. What a nice restaurant. Food was delicious and wine was perfect! We will be sure to go again when visiting Saratoga!Special Features:
- Last minute choiceRnlaroDined on 8/28/2014After spending day at track, we decided at last minute to look for some place to eat. We made a great choice. Made our reservation an hour earlier via OpenTablel and were able to sit immediately when we arrived. Place was packed an hour later. Service was prompt with a staff that made the experience. My wife is allergic to gluten and was happy with the choices, in addition to a staff that was educated in gluten free options. I got the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly, good portion, with nice sides. Skipped dessert, but coffee and cappuccino were great.Special Features:
- Great dinner!anonymousDined on 8/27/2014Made reservations based on internet reviews as I was visiting from out of town and was not at all disappointed! The service was fabulous as was the food. The menu had some great choices. Met some of the locals and they spoke very highly of the place. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Very niceNotg8VIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been here several times the food and service are excellent. However. The noise level is very high. You can't have a conversation without talking a little loud. Other than that. I would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantRaylafDined on 8/24/2014Everything was great. The pasta was not as good as Wheatfields but everything else was fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Recommended by a friend and we were glad he did. Food and service were both very good. If you like rabbit, it is worth ordering! If we find ourselves again in Saratoga Springs, we would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFairportDined on 8/23/2014The quality of the ingredients was really allowed to shine thru on the dishes. The menu had many choices and included some well known Italian favorites as well as some more unusual dishes. Everything we had was very well prepared and presented (Osso Bucco and Branzino for the mains). The service was informed and attentive. The particular table we had was too noisy but we will go back and have a better idea where to request a table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. Very pleasant and helpful servers. Waitress immediately smelled a "skunked" bear upon opening the bottle and took care of it.Special Features:
- jistDined on 8/23/2014asked for a steak with cheese sauce, it was too dry the pasta was good waitress was attentive, service was very goodSpecial Features:
- Travers weekend reviewRustyVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience are outstanding and the wine list is enticing. The waitstaff is excellent. We would recommend this restaurant highly for anyone who has a trained pallet and understands good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ssl2Dined on 8/21/2014On the good side, the food and wine were excellent. Unfortunately, we were seated in a small room with a few other large and very loud parties. Throughout the entire evening, it was so loud that we had trouble communicating our orders to the waitress, and really couldn't carry on much of a conversation amongst ourselves during the entire meal. I had been there before and enjoyed a much more pleasant atmosphere. It's not a bad place. Perhaps the commotion is due to the fact that it is race season. The noise was so bad this time that I had a headache, and really couldn't enjoy the meal much. Would have been a nice experience except for that major issue!Special Features:
- People on top of one another!HonestAbeDined on 8/18/2014They have too many tables jammed into a small space, very noisy. My wife and I got the Filet Medium they were both well done. I think waitress knew something was wrong and avoided eye contact with us, couldn't even wave her down. We had a reservation for next night we gave them benefit of the doubt, but honestly it was worst, 10 to fifteen mins to get a drink , reservation was for 845 we finally got food after ten.. Way too long. They were having a benefit for a jockey, so it was guest jockey bartender night, not a good idea when you have paying patrons.
- DeeCappyDeeCappyDined on 8/17/2014Best restaurant in Saratoga Springs and surrounding area, without exception.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent service, excellent meal would recommend this resturant highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent foodBarbaraDined on 8/16/2014Consistently excellent food and service. Reasonably priced for fine dining. No wonder they are often busy. Chef Fabrizio is best in city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!HappydinerDebDined on 8/16/2014This is one of my all time favorites! The food is amazing, they deal with my dietary restrictions without fuss and the service is always exceptional... What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saratoga eatsFood4thesensesDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by someone else who dined there. The food was wonderful and we had an excellent waitress. It was a very enjoyable experience after a day at the Saratoga race Course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the trackFrequentdinerDined on 8/14/2014Perfect spot after the track. The excitement still within! Food was excellent, portions not too large. Only problem - noise level not conducive to talking, other than the person seated next to you. Nice portion size of wine. Weight staff friendly, courteous and anxious to share the specials with enthusiasm. Definitely will return when things quiet down. We were seated 15 minutes before actual reservation - perfect!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodCatherineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We sat at the bar and had an excellent meal. I had a spinach salad and rainbow trout which was a special. My husband had the coccio and pasta with mushrooms. We come here every summer when visiting Saratoga and it it always good. Unfortunately the food service at the bar was very slow otherwise I would have given it five stars. The noise level is pretty high but we know that going in so we don't go here on a night we're looking for a quiet evening.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryDMBWingsDined on 8/11/2014The food was great. We had a nice seat in the corner. My wife really enjoyed one of the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentveewallDined on 8/11/2014Excellent food and service. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!TresCincoDined on 8/11/2014My family & I really enjoyed this restaurant. It was clean, & had very nice modern decor & a few different seating areas for a somewhat more intimate feel. We got there in the late afternoon (Monday), when it was still relatively quiet, but it quickly filled in & the energy picked up. The waitstaff was friendly & attentive. They had a large wine list, though I prefer the Italian imported beers. The appetizers were unique & tasty (try the eggplant carpaccio & the mussels!), & the entrees were generous & delicious (I had a shrimp & scallop pasta special). Though everyone was stuffed, I insisted on trying the Semifreddo Mascarpone e Ciocciolato, & I was not disappointed! It was one of the most unique & delicious things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- PERFECT!lovefoodDined on 8/10/2014We have been to all of the other DZ restaurants and loved them - but Chianti is my new favorite! Food was amazing, service was awesome - a truly wondeful birthday dinner. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- PopularCbgavDined on 8/9/2014Nice selection on menu, very popular. Too much focus a quick table turnover, pasta was under cooked. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.