Chianti Il Ristorante
18 Division Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Il Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantiristorante.com/
- Phone: 5185800025x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens daily at 4:30. Happy Hour running until 6pm daily
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizio Bazzani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8776494371
- Special Events: Chianti's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. With seating for up to 32 guests our beautifully appointed and private La Porta Santa Room comes fully equipped with a screen and projector. Bordered by our extensive wine collection and featuring a large window that offers a rare viewpoint of Chianti's bustling kitchen area, the La Porta Santa Room provides an ideal venue for small gatherings, celebrations, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and private cooking classes. When you host a private event at Chianti, we will assist you in the selection of a unique menu complemented by wines from our award winning wine list. At Chianti, we are dedicated to creating the perfect setting, distinctive experience and authentic cuisine to best suit your individual taste and that of your guests.
A word from Chianti Il Ristorante
Situated in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a welcoming and knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience. Aesthetically inspiring, its rustic walls, hard wood floors and green onyx bar invoke the authenticity of conventional Italian architecture while remaining slightly modern. The culinary philosophy at Chianti is based on a respect for tradition. With artisan breads and pastas, housemade sausage and braised meats it is culinary craftsmanship at its best. Our guests have the chance to savor fresh food, from a selection of expertly-sliced carpaccio, to a variety of wild fish, to risotto that is made only with Vialone Nano rice grown exclusively in Italy's Venetto region. "The hottest restaurant in town." The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chianti Il Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Chianti Il Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (89)romantic (70)vibrant bar scene (65)neighborhood gem (64)notable wine list (64)hot spot (56)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Lake George and always choose Chiantis as our favorite meeting place with friends from the Capital District area.Special Features:
- DeeCappyDeeCappyDined on 8/29/2014Simply the finest Italian restaurant in the entire capital district of NY.Special Features:
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had another great dining experience at Chianti Il. John's service was excellent and his explanations of menu items was terrific. From appetizers to dessert, everything was delicious. He helped us with our wine selection which added to our enjoyment of the food. The manager came over a couple of times to explain a delay in the kitchen and later to ensure we were happy with our meals. We appreciated his concerns. We're looking forward to our next dinner at Chianti Il.Special Features:
- Last minute choiceRnlaroDined on 8/28/2014After spending day at track, we decided at last minute to look for some place to eat. We made a great choice. Made our reservation an hour earlier via OpenTablel and were able to sit immediately when we arrived. Place was packed an hour later. Service was prompt with a staff that made the experience. My wife is allergic to gluten and was happy with the choices, in addition to a staff that was educated in gluten free options. I got the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly, good portion, with nice sides. Skipped dessert, but coffee and cappuccino were great.Special Features:
- Great dinner!anonymousDined on 8/27/2014Made reservations based on internet reviews as I was visiting from out of town and was not at all disappointed! The service was fabulous as was the food. The menu had some great choices. Met some of the locals and they spoke very highly of the place. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Very niceNotg8VIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been here several times the food and service are excellent. However. The noise level is very high. You can't have a conversation without talking a little loud. Other than that. I would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantRaylafDined on 8/24/2014Everything was great. The pasta was not as good as Wheatfields but everything else was fabulous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Recommended by a friend and we were glad he did. Food and service were both very good. If you like rabbit, it is worth ordering! If we find ourselves again in Saratoga Springs, we would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFairportDined on 8/23/2014The quality of the ingredients was really allowed to shine thru on the dishes. The menu had many choices and included some well known Italian favorites as well as some more unusual dishes. Everything we had was very well prepared and presented (Osso Bucco and Branzino for the mains). The service was informed and attentive. The particular table we had was too noisy but we will go back and have a better idea where to request a table.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. Very pleasant and helpful servers. Waitress immediately smelled a "skunked" bear upon opening the bottle and took care of it.Special Features:
- jistDined on 8/23/2014asked for a steak with cheese sauce, it was too dry the pasta was good waitress was attentive, service was very goodSpecial Features:
- Travers weekend reviewRustyVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience are outstanding and the wine list is enticing. The waitstaff is excellent. We would recommend this restaurant highly for anyone who has a trained pallet and understands good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ssl2Dined on 8/21/2014On the good side, the food and wine were excellent. Unfortunately, we were seated in a small room with a few other large and very loud parties. Throughout the entire evening, it was so loud that we had trouble communicating our orders to the waitress, and really couldn't carry on much of a conversation amongst ourselves during the entire meal. I had been there before and enjoyed a much more pleasant atmosphere. It's not a bad place. Perhaps the commotion is due to the fact that it is race season. The noise was so bad this time that I had a headache, and really couldn't enjoy the meal much. Would have been a nice experience except for that major issue!Special Features:
- People on top of one another!HonestAbeDined on 8/18/2014They have too many tables jammed into a small space, very noisy. My wife and I got the Filet Medium they were both well done. I think waitress knew something was wrong and avoided eye contact with us, couldn't even wave her down. We had a reservation for next night we gave them benefit of the doubt, but honestly it was worst, 10 to fifteen mins to get a drink , reservation was for 845 we finally got food after ten.. Way too long. They were having a benefit for a jockey, so it was guest jockey bartender night, not a good idea when you have paying patrons.
- DeeCappyDeeCappyDined on 8/17/2014Best restaurant in Saratoga Springs and surrounding area, without exception.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent service, excellent meal would recommend this resturant highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent foodBarbaraDined on 8/16/2014Consistently excellent food and service. Reasonably priced for fine dining. No wonder they are often busy. Chef Fabrizio is best in city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!HappydinerDebDined on 8/16/2014This is one of my all time favorites! The food is amazing, they deal with my dietary restrictions without fuss and the service is always exceptional... What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saratoga eatsFood4thesensesDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by someone else who dined there. The food was wonderful and we had an excellent waitress. It was a very enjoyable experience after a day at the Saratoga race Course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the trackFrequentdinerDined on 8/14/2014Perfect spot after the track. The excitement still within! Food was excellent, portions not too large. Only problem - noise level not conducive to talking, other than the person seated next to you. Nice portion size of wine. Weight staff friendly, courteous and anxious to share the specials with enthusiasm. Definitely will return when things quiet down. We were seated 15 minutes before actual reservation - perfect!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good FoodCatherineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We sat at the bar and had an excellent meal. I had a spinach salad and rainbow trout which was a special. My husband had the coccio and pasta with mushrooms. We come here every summer when visiting Saratoga and it it always good. Unfortunately the food service at the bar was very slow otherwise I would have given it five stars. The noise level is pretty high but we know that going in so we don't go here on a night we're looking for a quiet evening.Special Features:
- Great AnniversaryDMBWingsDined on 8/11/2014The food was great. We had a nice seat in the corner. My wife really enjoyed one of the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentveewallDined on 8/11/2014Excellent food and service. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!TresCincoDined on 8/11/2014My family & I really enjoyed this restaurant. It was clean, & had very nice modern decor & a few different seating areas for a somewhat more intimate feel. We got there in the late afternoon (Monday), when it was still relatively quiet, but it quickly filled in & the energy picked up. The waitstaff was friendly & attentive. They had a large wine list, though I prefer the Italian imported beers. The appetizers were unique & tasty (try the eggplant carpaccio & the mussels!), & the entrees were generous & delicious (I had a shrimp & scallop pasta special). Though everyone was stuffed, I insisted on trying the Semifreddo Mascarpone e Ciocciolato, & I was not disappointed! It was one of the most unique & delicious things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- PERFECT!lovefoodDined on 8/10/2014We have been to all of the other DZ restaurants and loved them - but Chianti is my new favorite! Food was amazing, service was awesome - a truly wondeful birthday dinner. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- PopularCbgavDined on 8/9/2014Nice selection on menu, very popular. Too much focus a quick table turnover, pasta was under cooked. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Not impressed with the menu. The special, Osso Buco was burned. Neighboring customers very noisy.
- Great dining!Saratoga1Dined on 8/8/2014Great ambiance, great food and great service. Highly recommend. Only drawback, no children's menu, but restaurant will accommodate by making smaller portions for children. One of Saratoga's premier dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spot On!cmqmamaDined on 8/5/2014Chianti is a favorite. The atmosphere is great as is the service and the food is always consistent. The specials are always different offering a great variety to the menu. It is our 'go to' place downtown and we can always count on a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We had a fabulous evening at Chianti Il Ristorante! Wonderful food and wine! Our server was AMAZING! We will return!
- Never disappointsjohnnymapsDined on 8/5/2014Chianti is our favorite Saratoga stop. We come up a couple of times a year and we don't miss our Chianti dinner. Best bread in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just satisfactoryHappyDined on 8/4/2014We may have ordered the wrong things but we were expecting more from the restaurant.
- Great dinnerCelebritychefDined on 8/2/2014Have not been here for years and it is still outstanding food and ambience. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindBirdGirlDined on 8/1/2014Off the beaten path of Broadway, this restaurant is a real find. You would not find it if you weren't looking for it. Delicious food-wonderful "special" of scallops, shrimp and pasta-along with nice wine list. The noise level is high, but everyone is fun and friendly. Great way to end a day at Saratoga ;) We will be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankeebob414Dined on 7/28/2014The food and service were excellent, as were the menu choices--the decor and special touches were extremely attractive--theonly negative was the extremely loud noise levelSpecial Features:
- PALsaratogaDined on 7/28/2014requested a romantic table for two. put at a table for two in a room with all other tables set for large groups that arrived during our appetizer. Service and noise levels got progressively worse as the evening wore on. Midway thru partner and I could not hear each other at all. entrée delayed two-three times due to chef busy cooking for larger groups (this was admitted by server twice!). Evening ended when we ordered a tiramisu for dessert to go. the serving was an insult-weighing maybe 2 ounces and looking like a left over!! Really sad. Guess the place does well due to past performance and Saratoga hype. Server very pretentious also. Food quality was fair at best so just don't get the buzz.
- Too hot where we satRickDined on 7/27/2014We always try to come here when we are in Saratoga because we love the place but were disappointed this time. We went later on a Sunday during racing season and were seated in the bar area. It was noisy and hot. We mentioned the fact that it was hot to the waiter and asked if we could move to somewhere cooler as by this time the place was starting to empty out. The waiter said he would turn the temperature down. The manager came over and said he turned down the temperature but it didn't fell like it. We ate at an affiliated restaurant the night before and it was a much better dining experience. Go to Chianti as it's a good place but be careful where they seat you.
- Great food every timeDinerDined on 7/27/2014We were seated on time. We ordered two apps, the mozzarella and the fish fry. Both were fantastic though the prosciutto was a bit too soft for my taste. Main courses were salmon (huge!) and angel hair with lobster sauce (huge!). Great ambiance though a bit loud at times. But it is track season so... All in all a great meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmaflVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hiccups in service made it an uncomfortable experience. Went with a group of 6. None of the courses were served together. Someone always had to wait. Would not return
- Best meal in Saratoga Springs!LucyDined on 7/26/2014Chianti Il Ristorante was one of a number of restaurants recommended by our hotel. This was by far the best suggestion. The food was fantastic, authentic italian. The spaghetti bolognese was delicious, not too oily. When I asked the waiter what the secret was, he said they use filet mignon for the meat! The whole meal from start to finish was great! The waiter & sommelier were knowledgable, friendly and experienced. The atmosphere was lively, with a busy bar as well as alfresco dining. This restaurant combined the best of everything!Special Features: