Chianti Il Ristorante
18 Division Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Il Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantiristorante.com/
- Phone: 5185800025x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens daily at 4:30. Happy Hour running until 6pm daily
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizio Bazzani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8776494371
- Special Events: Chianti's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. With seating for up to 32 guests our beautifully appointed and private La Porta Santa Room comes fully equipped with a screen and projector. Bordered by our extensive wine collection and featuring a large window that offers a rare viewpoint of Chianti's bustling kitchen area, the La Porta Santa Room provides an ideal venue for small gatherings, celebrations, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and private cooking classes. When you host a private event at Chianti, we will assist you in the selection of a unique menu complemented by wines from our award winning wine list. At Chianti, we are dedicated to creating the perfect setting, distinctive experience and authentic cuisine to best suit your individual taste and that of your guests.
A word from Chianti Il Ristorante
Situated in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a welcoming and knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience. Aesthetically inspiring, its rustic walls, hard wood floors and green onyx bar invoke the authenticity of conventional Italian architecture while remaining slightly modern. The culinary philosophy at Chianti is based on a respect for tradition. With artisan breads and pastas, housemade sausage and braised meats it is culinary craftsmanship at its best. Our guests have the chance to savor fresh food, from a selection of expertly-sliced carpaccio, to a variety of wild fish, to risotto that is made only with Vialone Nano rice grown exclusively in Italy's Venetto region. "The hottest restaurant in town." The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Chianti Il Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Chianti Il Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (82)hot spot (80)vibrant bar scene (80)notable wine list (76)good for groups (62)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Like the rest of the DZ restaurants Chianti was a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treasure !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We have been coming to Saratoga for over thirty years and, by far, this is the best restaurant we have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The food was so delicious. I am a vegan and was absolutely thrilled with my meal. We will come back here. Highly recommended! Make a reservation , though!Special Features:
- Hits and MissesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Their traditional pasta dishes were significantly lacking in flavor. the seafod in the frutti di mare seafood was overcooked and the shrimp pasta dish lacked flavor as did the eggplant appetizer. The speacil of deboned stuffed quail was however, excellent as well as the bruscheta appetizer. The wine lisrt was extensive and very well appointed. Please feel free to forward these comments onto the restaraunt. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe thebest in SaratogaellenVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Chianti. We felt very catered to and made to feel special. We enjoyed watching the crowd as well. It seems to be "the place" for the upper crust locals and tourists in "the know." The food is served beautifully with a great presentation. I did feel it was a bit heavy on the "tuscan" side. I would love to see a few lighter southern Italian dishes on the menu. However the chef did work with me to make my meal more customized to what I enjoy most. I was a bit leary at first as we came up from NYC and I did not expect such a wonderful restaurant in Saratoga, but this spot could easily be in NYC...Special Features:
- Thought it was no longer...TimDiLeoDined on 10/17/2014I used to live in Saratoga 10 years ago and was so sad the past few years when I thought my favorite restaurant was no longer there. I just did not realize they moved when I returned to visit the area after being gone for some time. So happy it is still in Saratoga and the experience was just as good if not even better than 10 years ago when I first visited. Now just a block off of broadway, I will be back each time we are visiting the area and on our way up to Lake Placid, where we visit at least 3 times a year. Thanks again for such a great meal and service the other night! Definitely recommend making a reservation on the weekends if you would like your preferred date and time.Special Features:
- Top Saratoga Springs spotBarbaraDined on 10/15/2014Chef Fabrizzio's consistent and imaginative menu always a win; atmosphere is classy, lively & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaratogaMontaukDined on 10/15/2014A small group of my co-workers went here for dinner and everything was perfect. Our server, Jonathan, was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, helped some of us make our dinner selections :) The food was excellent, service was great, I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday nightgrannyof3Dined on 10/12/2014Staff is very cordial-we arrived early and they were able to take us. Food was delicious. We have eaten there before. They were very busy so service was a tiny bit slow but not a problem!! It is not a place for quiet chat as you cannot carry on a conversation easily because it can get noisy when there is a full house. We had a great time and the food was .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian dinnerSteph22Dined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite place to go for Italian food in Saratoga Springs. The owner is excellent at making sure everyone feels welcome and has a pleasant dining experience. Highly recommend the patio setting, especially if you have a problem with noise because this restaurant is always very busy and the main dining area can be loud. The food is expertly prepared and presented, we have never had a bad dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Before Serving, Please!RufusDined on 10/5/2014Both pasta entrees looked fine but were absolutely devoid of flavor. After we added salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and olive oil, there was enough flavor for us to finish half of what was served. I cannot imagine how it is possible to drain all flavor out of pasta dishes, but I know we were not dreaming. The place was jumping on a Sunday evening, so there is something other than the food that is attracting attention.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SaratogaCroissantsDined on 10/4/2014On a recent overnight to Saratoga, we encountered rain so we went to a bar named Boca Burger and sat at the bar for a nibble and a drink. Bartender very friendly, attentive and grew up in my husband's hometown. As we were about to leave, we asked her if she had a favorite restaurant for dinner. She suggested Chianti . .not only because it is one of their sister restaurants but because she said it truly was her favorite so we went to Open Table and made a res. 9:15 .. a little later than we like to eat but it was our anniversary and we knew we could have a drink or 2 before. A really fun bar, bar staff and overall friendly staff made the time fly. The food was excellent and the service the same. Would go back tomorrow if we could!Special Features:
- Saturday Night ReviewFood4thoughtDined on 10/4/2014Very nice stylish dining. Service, menu choices and value of their dinners one the best restaurants in Saratoga Springs without NYC prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, need better waitors.rigatoniDined on 10/3/2014The food was very good, loved the hot antipasto. Fried calamari was god. Pasta was excellent. Waitress was extremely slow, all the people around us got there after us and ate before us. It was very cold and noisy. I found the chairs to be uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...every time!WelovetoeatDined on 10/3/2014Love, love, love Chianti! It's the flagship of the (always excellent) DZ restaurant group, and we have consistently great experiences--in all categories--every time we go. From the friendly greeting, ambiance, and amazing menu, to the fantastic service and the truly incredible food--we just have nothing but good to say about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No so ItalianFoodforthoughtDined on 10/1/2014Went here craving Italian food but found no so typical Italian dishes. Very gourmet in mature, small portions and over priced. Also plan on spending 2 hours to eat . Very slow service , but the waitstaff is very accomidating to needs. Atmosphere is romantic for couples , dark, quite . May fit the bill for some , but not this guySpecial Features:
- WonderfulCallmebetty1Dined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and our choice of restaurant was perfect. The food was delicious (as always), the staff was attentive and seemed to go out of their way to make our evening special. Yes, it's loud there, but it's a very popular venue, and it didn't take away from the ambiance. (Plus they tucked us into a corner beneath a metal "tree" that seemed to make it easier to hear each other, and gave us our own special spot.) With two small children at home, my husband and I rarely get out, but Chianti's made it a very special evening for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteDevilledivaDined on 9/26/2014A favorite of ours when in Saratoga Springs. Great food and excellent service. Our 8 year old loves the pasta and Shirley templesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Quality!mybonnieNYDined on 9/22/2014I have never had a bad meal at Chianti's. I have been there numerous times and the quality and service has been exceptional! The wait staff are always very attentive but not overbearing. One of my favorite restaurants in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Should train on serviceFansofMaineCoonDined on 9/21/2014While the ambiance and the food is enjoyable the service is poor (hectic and not trained) and its too loud.
- WonderfulmacncheeseDined on 9/21/2014We went to Chiantis for my husbands birthday. It was our first time there and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- good food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We sat in the back dining room, 4 people. When the room filled, it became almost impossible to have a conversation. The hard materials used in flooring, ceiling, no table cloths, and size of the room were factors. The manager came over after dinner, and we made him aware, and he acknowledged the problem. We told him we weren't having dessert specifically because of this. No offer of a drink, or any real apology about the fact that we were aborting the dining experience there due specifically to the noise. I told him that we had requested the main dining room and hadn't been seated there. His reply was, it's no better there. I disagree-- when we walked through that room on the way out, it was noticably less noisy.
- Yum, but a little slow.MagglesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy Chianti when visiting Saratoga (I used to frequent when in college in Saratoga Springs). The food is good Italian, but the service was a little slow. Our dinner was over 2 hours with lots of waiting time between courses. Not ideal if you have a small child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravissimo!RestaurantMadDined on 9/13/2014Chianti remains a favorite, not losing anything as the years go by. Excellent and creatively prepared food, brilliant service, and out standing wine list. The only problem you might encounter is this - you don't choose to eat there. That would be your loss, do go - it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!EastchesterDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of five last Saturday Evening. Everyone enjoyed their meal from start to finish! All of the courses were outstanding all the way from the apps to desert! The wait staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome! We had a mini family reunion of sorts that night with plans to return in 1 Year! We will stop at Chianti when we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night OutFoodieDined on 9/12/2014We love Chiantis for their food and wine. But the the noise level does tend to get a bit high when the place is busy. With that said, we will be looking forward to our next visit in October on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014It would be a big improvement to install a noise suppression system. Other than that it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all around great experienceTopoloneDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I will continue to eat at Chiantes, we have eaten here many times always ordering new dishes to explore the menu and have always been extremely happy with the food. The staff is too notch, professional and friendly with much knowledge to offer guests about the great daily specials and unique wine selection and pairings. A premier restaurant in Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/3/2014Dined on September 3rd (after track season) and was really surprised at how slow the service was. We have never had this experience before at this fabulous restaurant. As always, the food was very good. Other tables arrived after us and were served before us. We didn't order anything complicated. Must have waited 30-35 minutes between app and entrée. Total time from reservation to leaving almost 2 hours. No real explanation from the wait staff other than "it will be coming soon". Interestingly, they didn't even ask if we wanted a second drink while we waited. Hope this isn't something new at a restaurant that usually gets it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better if quieterBeachcomberVIPDined on 9/1/2014If you want to talk, someplace else is better. Good food and service, a bit slow in the kitchen. The special (pork osso busso) came out cold wIth soggy sides. But they replaced it, on request, with an excellent version. The food can be very good, if you request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chianti Il RistoranteBB57Dined on 9/1/2014Dining experience was enjoyable as long as you dont mind the noise. The apps where very good while the entrees where ok. Also be prepared to wait for food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/1/2014Don't miss out out on this great place. Always worth the visit if you are new to Saratoga or from the area.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMadinerDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was like visiting a top dining destination in the North End of Boston. Excellent food, however it was the service that made it most memorable and truly outstanding. cant' wait for next august!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014The night before dropping our Freshman off at Skidmore we decided to try Chianti - and are all extremely glad we did! Everything was amazing - the food, the service and the ambiance! We look forward to going back again and again. Make reservations early - this place books up quickly!Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Lake George and always choose Chiantis as our favorite meeting place with friends from the Capital District area.Special Features:
- DeeCappyDeeCappyDined on 8/29/2014Simply the finest Italian restaurant in the entire capital district of NY.Special Features:
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had another great dining experience at Chianti Il. John's service was excellent and his explanations of menu items was terrific. From appetizers to dessert, everything was delicious. He helped us with our wine selection which added to our enjoyment of the food. The manager came over a couple of times to explain a delay in the kitchen and later to ensure we were happy with our meals. We appreciated his concerns. We're looking forward to our next dinner at Chianti Il.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JeffDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining at Chianti with friends of ours. What a nice restaurant. Food was delicious and wine was perfect! We will be sure to go again when visiting Saratoga!Special Features:
- Last minute choiceRnlaroDined on 8/28/2014After spending day at track, we decided at last minute to look for some place to eat. We made a great choice. Made our reservation an hour earlier via OpenTablel and were able to sit immediately when we arrived. Place was packed an hour later. Service was prompt with a staff that made the experience. My wife is allergic to gluten and was happy with the choices, in addition to a staff that was educated in gluten free options. I got the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly, good portion, with nice sides. Skipped dessert, but coffee and cappuccino were great.Special Features:
- Great dinner!anonymousDined on 8/27/2014Made reservations based on internet reviews as I was visiting from out of town and was not at all disappointed! The service was fabulous as was the food. The menu had some great choices. Met some of the locals and they spoke very highly of the place. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Very niceNotg8VIPDined on 8/25/2014We have been here several times the food and service are excellent. However. The noise level is very high. You can't have a conversation without talking a little loud. Other than that. I would recommend highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.