Chianti Il Ristorante
18 Division Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Il Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantiristorante.com/
- Phone: (518) 580-0025
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens daily at 4:30. Happy Hour running until 6pm daily
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabrizio Bazzani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Brown 8776494371
- Special Events: Chianti's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. With seating for up to 32 guests our beautifully appointed and private La Porta Santa Room comes fully equipped with a screen and projector. Bordered by our extensive wine collection and featuring a large window that offers a rare viewpoint of Chianti's bustling kitchen area, the La Porta Santa Room provides an ideal venue for small gatherings, celebrations, rehearsal dinners, corporate events and private cooking classes. When you host a private event at Chianti, we will assist you in the selection of a unique menu complemented by wines from our award winning wine list. At Chianti, we are dedicated to creating the perfect setting, distinctive experience and authentic cuisine to best suit your individual taste and that of your guests.
A word from Chianti Il Ristorante
Situated in the heart of beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs, Chianti Il Ristorante serves sophisticated, authentic Northern Italian fare in an elegant setting. Combining seasonal food, an award-winning wine selection, a welcoming and knowledgeable staff and a detailed, inviting ambiance Chianti provides every guest with a superb and unforgettable dining experience. Aesthetically inspiring, its rustic walls, hard wood floors and green onyx bar invoke the authenticity of conventional Italian architecture while remaining slightly modern. The culinary philosophy at Chianti is based on a respect for tradition. With artisan breads and pastas, housemade sausage and braised meats it is culinary craftsmanship at its best. Our guests have the chance to savor fresh food, from a selection of expertly-sliced carpaccio, to a variety of wild fish, to risotto that is made only with Vialone Nano rice grown exclusively in Italy's Venetto region. "The hottest restaurant in town." The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Chianti Il Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Chianti Il Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (97)special occasion (80)hot spot (74)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (70)romantic (70)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (59)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Excellent night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My boyfriend and I took advantage of the military discount that is being offered throughout the month of November. We had a fantastic meal and an even more fantastic server, Kimberley! Will definitely be back. Thank you DZ restaurants for supporting our troops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure betupstatefoodieDined on 11/22/2014Food and service perfecto and consistent. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran mealVeteranDined on 11/21/2014It was fantastic as usual. I had the Beef Osco busco and my wife had the pork. We started our meal at the bar, then got our appitezers moved to our table. They had an interesting beer selection. For the month of November the DZ restaurant chain is offering discounts for veterans. We have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We expected better.laurib16Dined on 11/15/2014We were a bit disappointed. One drink was good the other was not. We orderd two of the same drink and one was much better than the other. One dish had a lot of clam sauce in it, the other was had very little.
- FoodLoversTravelVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always great food and always great service. The best restaurant in Saratoga Springs.Special Features:
- birthday dinn erwyndyDined on 11/8/2014I had been to Chianti before but it never fails to impress every time. The ambiance is like a large family party.everyone having a good time. The food is to die for and die happy.the service is friendly,efficient,and well-informed. The owner walking through occasionally, singing is the topping on the cake. I will go back as often as I can.Special Features:
- YumSMGinDCDined on 11/7/2014Had a great meal, even with LATE reservations. Food was fresh and inventive, service was relaxed and welcoming. Too often with a late reservation (we dined AFTER the theatre, like they do in Manhattan) you get a kitchen or wait staff that is impatiently rushing you through your meal and out the door. Not at Chianti Il. We had a great evening out. I highly recommend the stuffed quail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianSasha11Dined on 11/7/2014Great Italian food and romantic scene. Always the place to be it seems in SaratogaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNPAConferenceDined on 10/25/2014Whenever we are in Saratoga Springs we make a point of getting a reservation. We are never disappointed. The food is outstanding as is the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceRowndineDined on 10/25/2014This was our second visit and we were not disappointed, great food, beautiful decor and an attentive waiter. The only glitch in the evening occurred when one of the dinners was served with the order sheet on the plate touching her food. The waiter grabbed it off her plate with bare hands and said "woops" and disappeared. Our group could not believe it and since she didn't want to raise a fuss we did not ask for a new meal. Needless to say she did not eat the food on that side of the plate.. otherwise very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enthusiastic staff, OK foodDiner2444Dined on 10/23/2014My wife and I went to Chianti to celebrate my birthday. We dont get out much so we both had high expectations for the restaurant. After being seated qiockly, we met our waiter. He was incredibly positive, and very knowledgeable about the menu. He was also spot on with a wine recommendation! One of the best glasses I've had in a while! We both ordered pasta dishes, And were reasonably satisfied with them. But neither dish blew us away. In all, I'd go to chianti again, but it didn't knock my socks off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Like the rest of the DZ restaurants Chianti was a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treasure !HungryVeganDined on 10/19/2014We have been coming to Saratoga for over thirty years and, by far, this is the best restaurant we have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The food was so delicious. I am a vegan and was absolutely thrilled with my meal. We will come back here. Highly recommended! Make a reservation , though!Special Features:
- FantasticTigergemmDined on 10/18/2014We had a reservation but loved the bar so much we ended up staying at the bar for dinner. Collin was the bartender taking care of us. He was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. He really made our evening. The food was good and the ambience was very lively and fun. We will definitely go back again on our next visit to Saratoga Springs!Special Features:
- Second BestbarbeDined on 10/18/2014We took at chance at Chianti's because our usual go-to, Maestro's, was closed for the weekend. Immediately liked the atmosphere, very lively and warm decor, but also very noisy. Hard to hear each other at the table. The food was moderately priced and good. Maybe 5 medium sized shrimp on the CAPELLINI SALSA ARAGOSTA, and was that lobster I was supposed to be tasting in the sauce? None-the-less the pasta was plentiful and the shrimp were well cooked. Did enjoy the hot bread and the chianti was yummy. Would return for the atmosphere and yeah, maybe another plate of pasta.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Their traditional pasta dishes were significantly lacking in flavor. the seafod in the frutti di mare seafood was overcooked and the shrimp pasta dish lacked flavor as did the eggplant appetizer. The speacil of deboned stuffed quail was however, excellent as well as the bruscheta appetizer. The wine lisrt was extensive and very well appointed. Please feel free to forward these comments onto the restaraunt. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe thebest in SaratogaellenVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Chianti. We felt very catered to and made to feel special. We enjoyed watching the crowd as well. It seems to be "the place" for the upper crust locals and tourists in "the know." The food is served beautifully with a great presentation. I did feel it was a bit heavy on the "tuscan" side. I would love to see a few lighter southern Italian dishes on the menu. However the chef did work with me to make my meal more customized to what I enjoy most. I was a bit leary at first as we came up from NYC and I did not expect such a wonderful restaurant in Saratoga, but this spot could easily be in NYC...Special Features:
- Thought it was no longer...TimDiLeoDined on 10/17/2014I used to live in Saratoga 10 years ago and was so sad the past few years when I thought my favorite restaurant was no longer there. I just did not realize they moved when I returned to visit the area after being gone for some time. So happy it is still in Saratoga and the experience was just as good if not even better than 10 years ago when I first visited. Now just a block off of broadway, I will be back each time we are visiting the area and on our way up to Lake Placid, where we visit at least 3 times a year. Thanks again for such a great meal and service the other night! Definitely recommend making a reservation on the weekends if you would like your preferred date and time.Special Features:
- Top Saratoga Springs spotBarbaraDined on 10/15/2014Chef Fabrizzio's consistent and imaginative menu always a win; atmosphere is classy, lively & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaratogaMontaukDined on 10/15/2014A small group of my co-workers went here for dinner and everything was perfect. Our server, Jonathan, was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, helped some of us make our dinner selections :) The food was excellent, service was great, I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday nightgrannyof3Dined on 10/12/2014Staff is very cordial-we arrived early and they were able to take us. Food was delicious. We have eaten there before. They were very busy so service was a tiny bit slow but not a problem!! It is not a place for quiet chat as you cannot carry on a conversation easily because it can get noisy when there is a full house. We had a great time and the food was .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian dinnerSteph22Dined on 10/10/2014This is our favorite place to go for Italian food in Saratoga Springs. The owner is excellent at making sure everyone feels welcome and has a pleasant dining experience. Highly recommend the patio setting, especially if you have a problem with noise because this restaurant is always very busy and the main dining area can be loud. The food is expertly prepared and presented, we have never had a bad dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste Before Serving, Please!RufusDined on 10/5/2014Both pasta entrees looked fine but were absolutely devoid of flavor. After we added salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and olive oil, there was enough flavor for us to finish half of what was served. I cannot imagine how it is possible to drain all flavor out of pasta dishes, but I know we were not dreaming. The place was jumping on a Sunday evening, so there is something other than the food that is attracting attention.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SaratogaCroissantsDined on 10/4/2014On a recent overnight to Saratoga, we encountered rain so we went to a bar named Boca Burger and sat at the bar for a nibble and a drink. Bartender very friendly, attentive and grew up in my husband's hometown. As we were about to leave, we asked her if she had a favorite restaurant for dinner. She suggested Chianti . .not only because it is one of their sister restaurants but because she said it truly was her favorite so we went to Open Table and made a res. 9:15 .. a little later than we like to eat but it was our anniversary and we knew we could have a drink or 2 before. A really fun bar, bar staff and overall friendly staff made the time fly. The food was excellent and the service the same. Would go back tomorrow if we could!Special Features:
- Saturday Night ReviewFood4thoughtDined on 10/4/2014Very nice stylish dining. Service, menu choices and value of their dinners one the best restaurants in Saratoga Springs without NYC prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, need better waitors.rigatoniDined on 10/3/2014The food was very good, loved the hot antipasto. Fried calamari was god. Pasta was excellent. Waitress was extremely slow, all the people around us got there after us and ate before us. It was very cold and noisy. I found the chairs to be uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing...every time!WelovetoeatDined on 10/3/2014Love, love, love Chianti! It's the flagship of the (always excellent) DZ restaurant group, and we have consistently great experiences--in all categories--every time we go. From the friendly greeting, ambiance, and amazing menu, to the fantastic service and the truly incredible food--we just have nothing but good to say about this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No so ItalianFoodforthoughtDined on 10/1/2014Went here craving Italian food but found no so typical Italian dishes. Very gourmet in mature, small portions and over priced. Also plan on spending 2 hours to eat . Very slow service , but the waitstaff is very accomidating to needs. Atmosphere is romantic for couples , dark, quite . May fit the bill for some , but not this guySpecial Features:
- WonderfulCallmebetty1Dined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and our choice of restaurant was perfect. The food was delicious (as always), the staff was attentive and seemed to go out of their way to make our evening special. Yes, it's loud there, but it's a very popular venue, and it didn't take away from the ambiance. (Plus they tucked us into a corner beneath a metal "tree" that seemed to make it easier to hear each other, and gave us our own special spot.) With two small children at home, my husband and I rarely get out, but Chianti's made it a very special evening for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteDevilledivaDined on 9/26/2014A favorite of ours when in Saratoga Springs. Great food and excellent service. Our 8 year old loves the pasta and Shirley templesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Quality!mybonnieNYDined on 9/22/2014I have never had a bad meal at Chianti's. I have been there numerous times and the quality and service has been exceptional! The wait staff are always very attentive but not overbearing. One of my favorite restaurants in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Should train on serviceFansofMaineCoonDined on 9/21/2014While the ambiance and the food is enjoyable the service is poor (hectic and not trained) and its too loud.
- WonderfulmacncheeseDined on 9/21/2014We went to Chiantis for my husbands birthday. It was our first time there and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- good food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We sat in the back dining room, 4 people. When the room filled, it became almost impossible to have a conversation. The hard materials used in flooring, ceiling, no table cloths, and size of the room were factors. The manager came over after dinner, and we made him aware, and he acknowledged the problem. We told him we weren't having dessert specifically because of this. No offer of a drink, or any real apology about the fact that we were aborting the dining experience there due specifically to the noise. I told him that we had requested the main dining room and hadn't been seated there. His reply was, it's no better there. I disagree-- when we walked through that room on the way out, it was noticably less noisy.
- Yum, but a little slow.MagglesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy Chianti when visiting Saratoga (I used to frequent when in college in Saratoga Springs). The food is good Italian, but the service was a little slow. Our dinner was over 2 hours with lots of waiting time between courses. Not ideal if you have a small child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravissimo!RestaurantMadDined on 9/13/2014Chianti remains a favorite, not losing anything as the years go by. Excellent and creatively prepared food, brilliant service, and out standing wine list. The only problem you might encounter is this - you don't choose to eat there. That would be your loss, do go - it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!EastchesterDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of five last Saturday Evening. Everyone enjoyed their meal from start to finish! All of the courses were outstanding all the way from the apps to desert! The wait staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome! We had a mini family reunion of sorts that night with plans to return in 1 Year! We will stop at Chianti when we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night OutFoodieDined on 9/12/2014We love Chiantis for their food and wine. But the the noise level does tend to get a bit high when the place is busy. With that said, we will be looking forward to our next visit in October on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014It would be a big improvement to install a noise suppression system. Other than that it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all around great experienceTopoloneDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I will continue to eat at Chiantes, we have eaten here many times always ordering new dishes to explore the menu and have always been extremely happy with the food. The staff is too notch, professional and friendly with much knowledge to offer guests about the great daily specials and unique wine selection and pairings. A premier restaurant in Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.