Chianti Grill- Roseville
2050 Snelling Ave North
Roseville, MN 55113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Grill- Roseville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantigrill.com/
- Phone: 6516442808x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Angelo Montes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large party menu service available; off-site catering available by appointment.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining areas for up to 30 people.
A word from Chianti Grill- Roseville
Chianti Grill features authentic and contemporary Italian cuisine along with aged angus steaks and fresh seafood. The award winning food is complimented by an extensive wine list featuring selections from California, Italy and around the world. Chianti Grill's friendly service and warm inviting atmosphere make for a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chianti Grill- Roseville - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Chianti Grill- Roseville reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)neighborhood gem (140)great for lunch (112)fit for foodies (97)good for groups (93)romantic (76)great for brunch (76)notable wine list (73)great for outdoor dining (52)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- LateJohnDined on 10/18/2014Seemed to be a little over booked. Had reservations for 630 did not get seated til 645.Special Features:
- Castle 5601Castle5601Dined on 10/18/2014Came on sat for lunch. Food was fantastic but did not get the table we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I went to the Chianti Grill in Roseville on Friday 10-17-14 for a fabulous meal. She needed a Gluten free meal and was quick to point out that they use the Tinkyada pasta noodles we both love! Both meals were great.....seating was quick......our waiter, Marco, was very pleasant and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Re visitMAPbackDined on 10/16/2014We've visited this restaurant a number of times. We like to take visitors to MN here. Food is consistent but nothing "out there." We sat in the bar area this time. Worked fine for us. The spinach artichoke appetizer was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014I had been to their other business, Porter House, before and so was "going in" expecting the same experience. My 12oz center-cut sirloin was lukewarm and was undercooked. The extra for the gorgonzola side salad was not worth it. The side dish of garlic mashed potatoes were terrific and hot even at the last bite/scraping of the dish. My dinner guest had the spaghetti and meatball meal that had water in the dish and was not hot nor flavorful. Also, the waitress did not know what the soup-of-the-day was, did not tell us the specials, etc. If I went back, I would try for one of the pasta dishes and go during lunch to lessen the cost if it turned out disappointing again.
- EllenDined on 10/15/2014Chianti is so consistent, every time I go there I am impressed with their food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Celebrate!EnjoysLifeDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Chianti Grill. I thought the food and our wine choice was excellent! Our waiter was friendly and helpful with food suggestions. He was very attentive the whole time we were there. I had requested a booth by the fireplace, which was lovely! The only problem was the very loud banging sounds against the wall where we were sitting. Not sure what the kitchen staff or servers were doing on the other side of that wall! Other than that minor annoyance, we had a lovely time. Chianti Grill is always one of my favorite places to go for a celebration or just a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Whether it's lunch or evening meal, you'd be well advised to make reservations if you don't want to wait 30+ minutes for a table. That said, the quality of food and service are well worth your wait.Special Features:
- Unenjoyable dining experiencebluebirdgirlDined on 10/12/2014We were seated in the back and a party of about a dozen people were NOT seated, but standing in the way of the people coming back from the Sunday buffet line, and literally standing on top of us as we were seated. Not sure why they were not sitting, unless management told them to wait until all their party arrived. If that was the case, they should have waited in the lobby. If that was not the case, they should have been asked to sit, out of the way of the other guests. Other dinners in that area were very annoyed as well. It made for a very un-enjoyable dining experience and don't think I will ever return, at least for Sunday brunch. A total lack of consideration for other diners.
- EASY DININGPATMANDOODined on 10/10/2014EASY TO LOCATE RESTAURANT AS WE ARE FROM OUT OF TOWN. NO WAITING DUE TO OUR ONLINE RESERVATION. GREAT SERVICE GREAT FOOD. WE BOTH WANT TO VISIT THE CHIANTI AGAIN WHEN WE VISIT THE TWIN CITIES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Was very busy, but service was still good. Glad we made reservations a held of time. Lacks enough parking. Had to park in lot across the street, which was not a very big deal.Special Features:
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I have been to Chianti twice. Excellent food and no complaints. Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Both occasions to visit have been business related, but I intend to make it a choice when considering personal options. I have never seen such a large piece of carrot cake - we shared a couple of desserts, and WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Elegance in Roseville1JetlawDined on 10/7/2014Chianti Grill is a moderately priced and great place to have a nice meal -- we've been there on weekends and for evening dinners. Excellent food, nice specials. The "bar" area has televisions, but when you're in the restaurant area, you can't even tell the bar is there. Reservations help, and they accommodate special seating requests (i.e., not by the fireplace or booth preferred), which is great. Servers and hosts are great and experienced/well-trained. A favorite spot for we ol' high school friends or clients to meet, as Roseville on Snelling is convenient to highways from any direction. Parking is great, it's adjacent to Har Mar Mall - enjoy!Special Features:
- moms birthdaybeanDined on 10/3/2014The food and service were excellent.we celebrated my moms 75th birthday,our family.. we talked and laughed so much all of a sudden I looked around and we were the last people in the restaurant! lol Thank You! we will be back!Special Features:
- OutstandingStPaulieGirlDined on 10/3/2014Chianti Grille - Roseville is always a hit. It is always delightful. Never disappointing. It is a staple in my family. We have been going here for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dining eventThumpDined on 9/30/2014Although the size of my group expanded larger than the reservation, the staff was very accommodating in arranging tables so we could sit together. People enjoyed their food. The service was prompt and we each received separate checks as requested. Noise in the room would be difficult for anyone with a hearing challenge, but we enjoyed the energy.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch reviewNotquiteafoodieDined on 9/28/2014Food was good. Nothing unusual but good. Could use some work in the pastry department (cinnamon rolls and caramel rolls did not look very inviting) and most things did not look like they were made in-house. Nice selection. Could be improved with a beef entrée. Wait staff was very good and very attentive. First time that I tried the brunch and now know that I much prefer ordering off of their regular menu which is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchBillFromTexasDined on 9/28/2014I took my Mom to Sunday Brunch and had a wonderful time. In particular she and I enjoyed the omelet - as well as interacting with the cook at the omelet station. He told us great story about how his grandfather taught him to flip an omelet in the pan using the pan. The rest of the buffet was very complete with lots of goodies. A pleasant surprise at the end was that the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenukayakkerVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. The menu had plenty to choose from. The Chianti Grill has all the standards for an Italian Restaurant plus many other unusual great items. I choose a Zuppa with a lot of seafood items. Wonderful choice. Very delicious food. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major Diasppointmentolson0928Dined on 9/26/2014We made a reservation for 8pm, we arrived at 7:45 and were rudely handed a pager and told "Your table will be ready at 8pm." Everyone else in the lobby without a reservation was seated before us and were shown our table exactly at 8pm. Our waitress spent 10 minutes at the table directly across from us talking to our customers so even by the time we got our table, it was 10 minutes before we put our order in. The steak that I ordered was so tough I couldn't cut through it even with my steak knife but I was so turned off by the rudeness of the staff that I didn't say anything. Definitely will not be back.
- Great food, service, and atmosphereingredientsloverDined on 9/26/2014This was not our first time at the Chianti Grill, but we have never been disappointed! Food was excellent, had a salmon special that was to die for! Drinks were delicious and service was prompt and attentive! Definitely will be going there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mommy's night outSJ2014Dined on 9/26/2014Perfect for a ladies/mommys night out. The food is delicious. Many types of wine and drinks to choose from. Sat out on the patio during dinner and then moved into the bar area for after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free MenugfgirlDined on 9/26/2014They have many Gluten Free options. However, the majority of their current items contain lots of cheese and/or cream in them for those who also have difficulty with dairy. On a positive note, our server knew how to ask the kitchen for an alternative sauce that was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchweluvhawaiiDined on 9/26/2014We sat outdoors on a lovely afternoon. The food was good and the service was even better. Will be coming back with friends again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I love Chianti Grill!! Nice food and great ambiance for couples, families or business groups!!Special Features:
- PJPJwant2bchefDined on 9/21/2014first time diner, everything was done with utmost care to make you feel welcome. This will be one of our favorite places to dine in the future. We will be trying the brunch next. Loved the wine list. Crab ravioli! yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Our family had a great time and really enjoyed relaxing in the corner of the place. Sunday early evening was perfect and we couldn't had much better experience. It was a good value for the price but be ready to pay for what you order while getting what you pay for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our booth shared a wall with the kitchen. It was a lot of banging and clanging throughout the meal, which made conversation distracting. Food was good and waitress was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnsville is betterKmathewsDined on 9/20/2014Chianti Grill is one of our favorite restaurants and is a place we go on date nights, but we usually visit the Burnsville location. We decided to try Roseville, because of the location and we found the food was just better at the Burnsville location. The lacked in flavor and didn't come very warm. Other than that, we enjoyed our time.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceriorioDined on 9/20/2014We love Chianti Grill for their great Italian food. The service is always wonderful with attentive staff but not annoying you when you are eating.Special Features:
- Great for an anniversary dinner.miket54Dined on 9/19/2014We had a fun time celebrating our 33rd Anniversary.Special Features:
- Surprise perk!JutzieLDined on 9/19/2014We waited for our reservation for a about 30 minutes but were treated to a complimentary glass of wine, and delightful crostini with a spinach artichoke dip while we chatted before dinner. What a super surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014As usual Chianti Grill provided superior value for the food with good service in addition to a good rewards program that contributes to Feed My Starving Children.Special Features:
- Delightful lunch with a friendJacquieDined on 9/19/2014The food and service are notable! We were waited on right away after we sat down. The hostess and weight staff were pleasant, efficient and very friendly! The restaurant is beautiful and has become a favorite destination in Roseville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Never DisappointsSearch4YummyDined on 9/18/2014The pork medallions special was THE BEST ever! We always have a great time here.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesKayBDined on 9/15/2014I go to this restaurant a lot. Great wait staff, never disappointed in the food and good central locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always glad we chose Chianti Grill. The good food and acoustics (high ceilings and booths) make for a delightful dining experience.
- My Chianti ExperienceBlondieDined on 9/13/2014A friend and I dined at Chianti Grill on Saturday, September 13. We were seated immediately. Our waiter was very personable and treated us like he cared. The food was brought in a timely manner and since it was my birthday, we were treated to a dessert to share. All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastytreatDined on 9/12/2014we really enjoy this place, the gluten free menu is a HUGE pull for us. the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BearDined on 9/12/2014Seated right away. Staff friendly and efficient ..... we were able to get the exact reservation we asked for. I always use OpenTable and have always been very satisfied with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.