Chianti Grill - Roseville
2050 Snelling Ave North
Roseville, MN 55113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Grill - Roseville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantigrill.com/
- Phone: (651) 644-2808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Angelo Montes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large party menu service available; off-site catering available by appointment.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining areas for up to 30 people.
A word from Chianti Grill - Roseville
Chianti Grill features authentic and contemporary Italian cuisine along with aged angus steaks and fresh seafood. The award winning food is complimented by an extensive wine list featuring selections from California, Italy and around the world. Chianti Grill's friendly service and warm inviting atmosphere make for a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chianti Grill - Roseville - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Chianti Grill - Roseville reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)neighborhood gem (148)great for lunch (112)fit for foodies (110)good for groups (102)romantic (90)notable wine list (90)great for brunch (75)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (25)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014The only bad thing is I made a reservation for 7:15 and did not get seated until 725ish Very busy for a Tuesday night. It was our anniversary and my request for table out of the way was accommodated. The waitress was top notch. The food was excellent and I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/18/2014A wonderful gathering place for friends to relax with a great wine and mingle near the fireplace before enjoying a fabulous mix of appetizers or entrees.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Our table was ready for us when we arrived. We had an informative server who took the time to answer questions. The food was good even though we ordered from the lunch menu. This is our go to place when we meet for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!SPARTYDined on 11/16/2014We had Sunday brunch here, and it was wonderful. They had a large selection of very tasty selections...eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles, cinnamon and caramel rolls, fresh salads and fruits, pesto penne, tortellini, pizza, veggies, rolls, muffins, pastries and desserts. Make a reservation! It's a popular place! VERY reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another year to celebrate, and we do so at ChiantiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Our visit to Chianti Grill was exactly as expected. A pleasant trip, great service etc. They have been willing to help me every visit in that I love fried shrimp with steak, and they have been willing to make it for me, though it is not on the menu. Thank you! A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chianti GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014Very nice gluten free menu. the stuffed mushrooms are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites...TomWDined on 11/11/2014Chianti Grill has always been one of my favorite restaurants, Italian or otherwise, in the Twin Cities and Tuesday night confirmed that opinion. Excellent service, food and more. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvswineluvswineDined on 11/11/2014Service was excellent; food quality was good overall. Several in our group ordered the butternut squash ravioli and stated that they didn't like it since it was overly sweet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We made a reservation for 4:30 on a Saturday night. We wanted 5:30 but in the time it took me to make my on-line selection the 5:30 reservation was gone. We got to the restaurant at 4:25 and sat with a pager for about 10-15 minutes before our table was ready. The food at Chianti Grill is fantastic. We both ordered calamari starter, pasta dishes, salads, wine and desert. The calamari was tender and breaded just right. The pasta came out bubbling hot and was loaded with flavor. The server was very attentive, informative and steered us to our menu choices and did not rush us. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Ma and the Brit sonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I eat there often and this is the second Brit friend I have taken there. Great acclaim from both. We had the fish soup last time, always my favorite. It has a full pound of seafood and I can never finish it, so have a nice meal for the next day.Special Features:
- great restaurantdreaDined on 11/7/2014very efficient service and friendly staff.This is my second visit and I will always try to get a table if I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service poor meal experiencedowntownlunchersVIPDined on 11/7/2014Our first time at this restaurant and we were impressed by the ambiance. The server who asked if we wanted wine while we were waiting ignored when my fiancé asked for a glass of water. We were seated after our reservation time. We were greeted by a super friendly server who was able to get us water glasses immediately. Our appetizer was wonderful (sirloin tips). My fiancé enjoyed his meal. Unfortunately, I found a UFO in mine. The manager swiftly compensated the meal and offered a dessert (which we declined). We appreciated the problem-solving techniques of the staff. We will likely return.Special Features:
- Always enjoyabletablefor9Dined on 11/7/2014We recommend this restaraunt to anyone who enjoys good food, a pleasant atmosphere, great service. Wish they could accomodate larger groups better, but we have worked around that minor problem. Sometimes nice to just enjoy a nice glass of wine and an appetizer in the bar, also.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotSandySDined on 11/7/2014We often return to the Chianti Grill for lunch. We were not disappointed at our most recent visit. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was good and attractively displayed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walleye!!!SpellyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Love the walleye impanato. I always add asparagus and then it's perfect!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014This place had done really great food. Especially the calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsChicagovisitorDined on 11/4/2014Our dinner was one of the nicest we have had in a long time. Everyone's food was terrific, service was great and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- Brought a friend to try itchamplinfoodiesDined on 11/3/2014We had been here before, and have always enjoyed it. After our friend's first time, he said he enjoyed the food, too. Our only complaint was that our server seemed to disappear for inordinately long periods of time (for example, we ended up flagging a host for water refills). Otherwise, it was a lovely evening; two flatbread pizzas, and seafood pasta, yum!
- 8885Dined on 11/1/2014We were greeted by your friendly staff & had reservations for 6:30. We were paged but our beeper did go off- so we were seated @ 6:45-not a big deal just wanted to advise you Our server was Marco & he was very attentive to our table. The food was very good & we really enjoyed our salad. I would suggest to serve your bread warm as it would be twice as good! I have dined with you twice * I will recommend your restaurant to others!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014We had an Open Table reservation for 6:30 p.m. When we arrived, the lobby was packed with people waiting. After waiting over 20 minutes, we left. That's never happened before but we were disappointed.
- EliteGreat2DineDined on 11/1/2014The staff at Chianti Grill was phenomenal they assisted me in a very romantic evening they prepped the table with flowers that I had asked to be put on the table before we were seated. The woman in my life said it made her feel special like the girl that you always hope has the romantic evening with flowers done for you. The waitstaff was incredible our waitress made it so we ordered on our own time werent rushed to free up the table she was extraordinary. The reception hostess they were sweet and caring. We definitely will be back some people might say it was a five-star dining experience I would put it as a seven star dining experience thank you very much for your assistance and turning our evening into a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BtinBlaineDined on 11/1/2014Love the fact there's a gluten-free menu with several pasta options. Great wine too!Special Features:
- Butternut Squash Ravioli FantasticAliceGDined on 10/31/2014I returned this fall for the Butternut Squash Ravioli after tasting it for the first time last year. It is absolutely wonderful. It's like having an entree and dessert all in one. I plan to return every year for this seasonal dish. It goes well with the very plesant ambience and great service.Special Features:
- Good service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014First tiem will be back, business dinner, good food , excellnet service, nice ambiance , good business setting.Special Features:
- Almost perfectkyoungDined on 10/25/2014Our second time coming here. The first time was spectacular. This trip almost was. Wife's center cut sirloin was exceptional in taste and temperature. My Chicken Saltimbocca had excellent flavor, but the sauce was slightly broken. Both of us had garlic mashed potatoes, which were OK, but could have used a touch more seasoning. Considering the menu and our good experiences, the prices were very good, and I would call it an excellent value. About $70 including one drink each. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great foodrdwtenDined on 10/24/2014A great restaurant, decent prices, terrific food. Low lighting makes for a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Again!JLRPJDDined on 10/24/2014Thanks to the Open Table process everything started perfectly, and thanks to the staff at Chianti Grill it continued and then ended wonderfully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodeatingwell2Dined on 10/22/2014First time at this restaurant, great service, we had the Seafood Cannelloni which was excellent. There house Merlot is very nice as well. Very crowded so having reservations was important even on a Wednesday night.Special Features:
- A great restaurant experienceluvtoeatDined on 10/21/2014Everything about our experience at Chianti Grill-Roseville was outstanding. We were there for my wife's birthday. Our server was Lindsay and she did a great job of being attentive to us. The food and wine was also exceptional. We especially appreciated the fact that we did not have to scream at each other to be heard. Even though the restaurant was full, the noise level was only moderate. The menu was very nice and we will definitely be back again soon for another meal.Special Features:
- This was a great dinning experianceLadydiDined on 10/20/2014This is a perfect restaurant for the occasion! , My income can only allow an occasional visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary spotAnniversaryGuestsDined on 10/19/2014Our favorite spot. Celebrated out anniversary there again this year. Walleye and seafood dishes were amazing. We Love the coupons you send and that you are part of open table and delta dining miles programs, along with bread card points! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LateJohnDined on 10/18/2014Seemed to be a little over booked. Had reservations for 630 did not get seated til 645.Special Features:
- Castle 5601Castle5601Dined on 10/18/2014Came on sat for lunch. Food was fantastic but did not get the table we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreeHunterDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I went to the Chianti Grill in Roseville on Friday 10-17-14 for a fabulous meal. She needed a Gluten free meal and was quick to point out that they use the Tinkyada pasta noodles we both love! Both meals were great.....seating was quick......our waiter, Marco, was very pleasant and attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Re visitMAPbackDined on 10/16/2014We've visited this restaurant a number of times. We like to take visitors to MN here. Food is consistent but nothing "out there." We sat in the bar area this time. Worked fine for us. The spinach artichoke appetizer was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedSageDinerDined on 10/16/2014I had been to their other business, Porter House, before and so was "going in" expecting the same experience. My 12oz center-cut sirloin was lukewarm and was undercooked. The extra for the gorgonzola side salad was not worth it. The side dish of garlic mashed potatoes were terrific and hot even at the last bite/scraping of the dish. My dinner guest had the spaghetti and meatball meal that had water in the dish and was not hot nor flavorful. Also, the waitress did not know what the soup-of-the-day was, did not tell us the specials, etc. If I went back, I would try for one of the pasta dishes and go during lunch to lessen the cost if it turned out disappointing again.
- EllenDined on 10/15/2014Chianti is so consistent, every time I go there I am impressed with their food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Celebrate!EnjoysLifeDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Chianti Grill. I thought the food and our wine choice was excellent! Our waiter was friendly and helpful with food suggestions. He was very attentive the whole time we were there. I had requested a booth by the fireplace, which was lovely! The only problem was the very loud banging sounds against the wall where we were sitting. Not sure what the kitchen staff or servers were doing on the other side of that wall! Other than that minor annoyance, we had a lovely time. Chianti Grill is always one of my favorite places to go for a celebration or just a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Whether it's lunch or evening meal, you'd be well advised to make reservations if you don't want to wait 30+ minutes for a table. That said, the quality of food and service are well worth your wait.Special Features:
- Unenjoyable dining experiencebluebirdgirlDined on 10/12/2014We were seated in the back and a party of about a dozen people were NOT seated, but standing in the way of the people coming back from the Sunday buffet line, and literally standing on top of us as we were seated. Not sure why they were not sitting, unless management told them to wait until all their party arrived. If that was the case, they should have waited in the lobby. If that was not the case, they should have been asked to sit, out of the way of the other guests. Other dinners in that area were very annoyed as well. It made for a very un-enjoyable dining experience and don't think I will ever return, at least for Sunday brunch. A total lack of consideration for other diners.