Chianti Grill - Burnsville
14296 Plymouth Avenue South
Burnsville, MN 55337Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chianti Grill - Burnsville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiantigrill.com/
- Phone: (952) 892-7555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Large party menu service. Off-site catering by appointment.
- Private Party Contact: Court Winjum 9528927555x
A word from Chianti Grill - Burnsville
Chianti Grill features authentic and contemporary Italian cuisine along with aged angus steaks and fresh seafood. The award winning food is complimented by an extensive wine list featuring selections from California, Italy and around the world. Chianti Grill’s friendly, professional service...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chianti Grill - Burnsville - Best Restaurants in Burnsville ›
Chianti Grill - Burnsville reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)neighborhood gem (104)good for groups (83)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (72)romantic (72)great for brunch (70)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (34)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place!JenbenDined on 11/21/2014Very relaxing, good time, good food, good service. The walleye was excellent. Bread was incredible. Someone in our group had crab legs and couldn't stop say how good they were. Our server was very nice and accommodating. All in all it was a great choice. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday?SharDined on 11/19/2014Food & service was good. We'd indicated on our Open Table reservation that we were celebrating two birthdays. Hostess saw that on our reservation & greeted us but that was the extent of the "celebration". Other restaurants offer up something complimentary but we were weren't. A bit disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014We had a lovely dinner, service was friendly and very quick. Chicken Parmesan, wall-eye and butternut squash ravioli were all very tasty. My glass of Merlot was not good. I was disappointed that there was no recognition of my brother's birthday, other than a "Happy Birthday" by the hostess. Most restaurants will honor the guest with a cupcake or something. Not a deal breaker. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We enjoyed some fabulous food and our waiter, Clint , was exceptional. We were celebrating a birthday and he made the evening very enjoyable. The temp outside was cold but inside a very special warmth was enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Firday evening.KindiAmaDined on 11/14/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. Kathy our server recommended the wines by Sterling. I tried the pinot noir and it was wonderful. The walleye oscar was the special for the night. It was exceptional. A great way to spend a friday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightangela379Dined on 11/14/2014As always, the food was delicious. Our server was Ren and it was outstanding, Everything is perfectly timed . We are regulars now and it has become one of our favorite dining places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighboorhood place for good food and wineTmbilligDined on 11/13/2014We love Chianti Grill. It's hard to say much bad about it. It's also very close to our house, so we just had an impulse to go out to eat, checked Open Table on the smart phone and sure enough, Chianti Grill had a table for 2 available in 15 minutes, so we took the reservation, hopped in the care and enjoyed great food and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2014I have some food sensitivity and the waitress was very knowledgable about how the items on the menu were prepared. It was so helpful. The food itself was very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014The food was delish as always!! Plus, I just can’t say enough positive things about our server Michelle. We are already planning out next visit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmospherecozyplacesDined on 11/11/2014My friends and I love this place. Great for a date, girl's night or a night with friends or family. The food is amazing and there is something on the menu for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureCritterDined on 11/8/2014Although we don't get there as much as we used to due to moving to a different part of the Twin Cities, we always enjoy Chianti Grill. The pasta is always spot on (he always gets their Chicken Parmigiana and I love the Lobster Ravioli) and the service - from the host to the bartender to the wait staff - is always friendly, engaging, and professional.Special Features:
- First time but maybe only time.mongodontnoDined on 11/7/2014Had reservations and got seated immediately on a Friday night. Food was good but not great value for the cost. Table/seat had some crumbs that we brushed off. Waiter/service was very good. Would not upgrade to balsamic gorgonzola salad again...a teaspoon of cheese on some greens isn't worth the $1.50. Wife and I ordered fish and steak (in a traditional Italian restaurant we should have ordered traditional Italian so shame on us). Steak was very good and fish was OK. Only had the choice of one side...vegetable or starch. Both meals needed both a veggie and a starch so left feeling unsatisfied. Two beers, two glasses of wine, two entrees, no app and no dessert cost $120 with tip...seemed like too much for what we got.
- Know how to prepare Italian FoodChuckDined on 11/7/2014I love Italian and it is prepared very well here. They strive to make you happy but for these prices you expect that. Portions are very good, you won't leave hungry.Special Features:
- Chianti Grill never disappoints.FlavorMavenDined on 11/4/2014I love the 8 oz filet mignon with garlic mashed and the balsamic gorgonzola salad. When I specify Medium the filet is done to perfection. The bread is chewy and tasty too, and wine list is plenty adequate. Our server was the perfect blend of friendly & professional. It's a Burnsville treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Burnsville's best!BvillefoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Whether you are in the mood for an excellent (and reasonably priced) Sunday brunch buffet or dinner any night of the week, South of the River foodies should visit Chianti Grill. They've been around for years, but have only improved with time. The waitstaff is obviously well-trained and able to knowledgeably describe menu items, wines and beers. I have visited Chianti Grill twice recently - once with a friend and once with my family - and the waiter not only remembered me from my earlier visit, he remembered what I ordered. Very impressive! If you like butternut squash ravioli, go there soon as it is a seasonal special and is delicious.Special Features:
- JamgirlDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food. The fillet mignon is the most tender I've ever had - even at more pricey restaurants! I am never disappointed with this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Time with FamilyHappyDinnerDined on 11/2/2014My family and I had a great evening at your restaurant. I had tried to get together with my family since spring and was so happy when we were able to connect at your establishment. All of our food was wonderful and the service was excellent. Our waiter was really on top of things and very friendly. The interior of the Chianti Grill was open and airy with a rustic stone feel. The openess made you feel as though you were dining in the great outdoors. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful location to celebrate.ErlevaDined on 11/2/2014Great location to celebrate, or go anytime! Decided to go to Chianti's to celebrate joint anniversary - 50 years for in-laws and 18 years for myself and husband. Our boys came with (ages 15 and 13). Everyone absolutely loved the ambiance, the food, the service. The buffet had a wide variety of selections, with omlette station that moved very quickly, waffles and sticky buns were the boys favorites, along with eggs benedict and biscuits with gravey. The pasta was fabulous as well. And must not forget the desserts - absolutely yummy. We had a wonderful time and the wait staff were very attentive - helped with taking pictures in several spots and making our day special.Special Features:
- BrunchEaterDined on 11/2/2014I absolutely love the brunch. I have been to the brunch numerous times and it is always good. My only con is that the food and plates are not always refilled.Special Features:
- Great foodpurpleDined on 11/1/2014This was our 2nd visit. Food is great and great variety onthe drink menu. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I really like the menu becasue it has a large amount of pastas but also has great steaks.Special Features:
- very goodKatrinaDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our 5th anniversary here. The food was very tasty, well prepared and well presented. Service was good, but not attentive. Ambiance is not particularly intimate but very nice. We will return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSatisfiedDined on 10/29/2014Love the crab claws. They come as an appetizer or a complete dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian in Burnsville areaOT123VIPDined on 10/26/2014Chianti is a larger, nice restaurant serving mainly Italian food. Ambiance is nice, good crowd, noise level is fine for having a conversation. Menu shows lots of variety, quality is better than most. Nice place for a dinner group.Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014For a special treat / get-together / occasion, our family always picks this venue for its buffet, service, and overall value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chianti Grill is excellent!marmotDined on 10/25/2014I've been a Chianti Grill fan for many years. What I really appreciate is that they are always predictably good to excellent on all levels from service to food. Being in the management business myself, I know it takes a collaboration on all levels to operate such a great restaurant and I appreciate all those aspects every time I visit! bSpecial Features:
- A FAVELovetoeatoutVIPDined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed the lunch buffet. Creamy sauce on the penne was delicious. Friendly, accommodating service as always. Very nice birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Won't be back for dinnerWislnbyDined on 10/21/2014At first my wife and I were happy with our meals. We started with crab cakes that were very good. When our main course showed up my wife's fish was over cooked and some of my pork medallions were undercooked.
- Delicious!KatiehDined on 10/19/2014They have the best brunch in town with delicious pizza and pasta, made to order omelettes and waffles with strawberries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2brunchDined on 10/19/2014I have been to the Chianti Grill 5 times for brunch and I loved it! My visit on 10/19 I was a bit disappointed in a few things. The scrambled eggs were dry and dropped out on the plate like a lump! This is usually what I get and they are usually soft and creamy. The cubed potatoes were very hard and very dry! Usually when I had them they were delicious! But, the bread was great along with the all the sweets were great! Especially the caramel rolls, wonderful. Another issue which is important is good coffee at a brunch. From first cup to last was barely warm! BUT the taste was great! The service was wonderful and very friendly. I will continue to go back for brunch at the Chianti Grill, everyone can be off their game sometime.Special Features:
- Very nice time.DickDined on 10/17/2014The four of us had a great time. The noise level was such that talking was no problem. The food was great. The waitress was a little lacking. Was to bring more bread but didn't. Just little things she could have done better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was GREAT except....Nickname1Dined on 10/17/2014We had reservations and got right in. Food was outstanding. Drinks were great. The gentleman who brought us a second beer was charming. We were able to have conversation without speaking loud. The only downside was our waitress seemed very hurried and was short and impatient with us at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationUnderdogDined on 10/16/2014Good food for a good price. Gift cards received in mail due to being a member.Special Features:
- PerfectcrjdriverDined on 10/14/2014They did a very nice job for my wife's 4oth birthday. Service was great, fantastic wine and perfect food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 10/12/2014Service was spot on. Food is always good. We always go there for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Spur of the MomenttmontVIPDined on 10/11/2014The service was outstanding as usual. The ribeye is always cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first visitShakoOutlawDined on 10/10/2014First visit, left impressed. Wonderful menu of choices, and both spouse and I were impressed with quality and taste. Price was very reasonable for the quality of food and service recieved. For about same price as chain italian restaurants you can enjoy this gem, and walk away as we did: thoroughly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut AboveRepeatCustomerDined on 10/10/2014If you want a special place to go with outstanding food. This is it! The service is fabulous, they adjust to each groups needs. The food is always amazing. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent!!!!foodygroup6Dined on 10/10/2014Xavier was the server for our group of 6. His knowledge of the menu was superb. Was always prompt with everything. One of our party asked for his steak butterflied and well done but came out a chard and medium the second time. Xavier without asking removed the dish from the bill and compt dessert for the entire table. We will be requesting Xavier with ever future reservation we make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breadCharacterDined on 10/10/2014I think you could improve with the bread basket. Ours was cold, dry and tasteless. As if it had sat around for quite a bit. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.